Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Jason102 - 2012-02-21

sirmeili: Hmmm, I understand. The min and max are distance between insertions, and you want to potentially insert more than 1. One thing you could do is insert in reverse. Create a channel that is trailers. Interleave a movie channel with some min and max. You'd have to rename it, but you should end up with some number of trailers followed by a movie.

Of course I could also modify the interleaving rule to allow for this.

I understand the desire for the commercials and bumpers. My problem with them has always been that the functionality is very specific and far too intrusive in the options menu. That's why I went with the more generic 'rules' route. It's easily ignorable if a user doesn't want them, but still flexible enough to do most of what a person wants (though perhaps not everything).

Don't worry, discussing PseudoTV functionality is never polluting the PseudoTV discussion thread...

By the way, if you do decide to do some modification, you're certainly welcome to fork the project. I'm much more likely to accept changes into the mainstream, though, if you create more rules.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-21

Jason102 Wrote:Don't worry, discussing PseudoTV functionality is never polluting the PseudoTV discussion thread...

I think perhaps my choice of words may have been bold, but was not meant in an insulting way...

Its just this topic is already hard enough to follow without discussing features that will never be implemented into ptv, but would be appreciated in the tvtime topic where people are waiting for development information!

There is a reason why xbmc reset the forums for the new year!! to clean house... and this topic has lots of great info scattered around tangent topics and repetitive questions!

- RockDawg - 2012-02-22

About the marking as watched... is that just for videos that actually play? Or does that mark watched videos that were "playing" on all the other channels at the same time?

- Jason102 - 2012-02-22

I believe it will mark a program as watched if it ends while you're watching it. So even if you turn on a channel during the last 5 minutes of a show, when it changes it will mark it.

I think.

I do know that videos that are on other channels will not be marked as watched, since XBMC doesn't really know that they're "on".

- TheFonz - 2012-02-22

I keep getting the error that my channel's have an error in them and PseudoTV doesn't run.
Uninstalled PseudoTV and reinstalled but still getting the same error.

- sirmeili - 2012-02-22

Luna, No problem. I didn't take it that way. I re-read my post and I did come off a bit pissy.

Jason, I'll try and implement them as rules. It was going to be easier to implement them as regular settings since that is how they were before, but since you already have the "rules" system I will see about adding them in that way. Makes more sense anyways. This way I can set bumpers, commercials, and trailers on only the channels I want.

- RockDawg - 2012-02-22

Jason102 Wrote:I believe it will mark a program as watched if it ends while you're watching it. So even if you turn on a channel during the last 5 minutes of a show, when it changes it will mark it.

I think.

I do know that videos that are on other channels will not be marked as watched, since XBMC doesn't really know that they're "on".

Thanks. That's the way I assumed it worked.

I brought this up earlier, but would it be possible to make it so that you don't have to define a channel type when creating a station? The reason I ask is that I am trying to create an 80's channel. The shows are being interleaved from other channels, but they are not all the same genre, network or directory and it obviously isn't a custom playlist. As it stands, I can't find any way to create this channel because it is necessary to define a type that doesn't fit all my shows.

I know I could do it through a smart playlist, but I need the interleaving as I have shows that have a large disparity in number of episodes and without interleaving I get an unbalanced program schedule with many episodes of the large shows back-to-back and the couple shows I have with much fewer episodes are almost never on.

Also, is there a difference between the "Show in Order" radio button on the main channel configuration screen and the "Play TV Shows in Order" setting in the advanced channel rules?

- Jason102 - 2012-02-22

Quote:I keep getting the error that my channel's have an error in them and PseudoTV doesn't run. Uninstalled PseudoTV and reinstalled but still getting the same error.

Please provide a debug log.

Quote:would it be possible to make it so that you don't have to define a channel type when creating a station?

You essentially want to create a channel that has all videos, and filter them out using rules, right? Your example, though, is to create an 80s channel...I don't have any rule to do that. Outside of a smart playlist, I don't know the best method to do this. Presuming you come up with some situation where having the type of channel be "all videos" is necessary, then I may put it in...but I don't know what that situation would be.

Quote:is there a difference between the "Show in Order" radio button on the main channel configuration screen and the "Play TV Shows in Order" setting in the advanced channel rules?

The radio button should work most of the time...it just has the system sort the shows by airdate. XBMC is very efficient at this, so it doesn't slow anything down. The rule instead sorts by season and episode, which may be necessary in some cases. The down-side is that it will slow down the population of the channel. They do seem a bit redundant, but I hate to get rid of one or the other.

- RockDawg - 2012-02-22

Jason102 Wrote:You essentially want to create a channel that has all videos, and filter them out using rules, right? Your example, though, is to create an 80s channel...I don't have any rule to do that. Outside of a smart playlist, I don't know the best method to do this. Presuming you come up with some situation where having the type of channel be "all videos" is necessary, then I may put it in...but I don't know what that situation would be.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. Let me try again. I am trying to create an 80's channel with all the TV shows I have that were prominent in the 80's. PTV does not have a rule to do that, so what I'm doing is creating a separate channel for each 80's show and setting a DO NOT PLAY rule for each one. I am then interleaving them all into the 80's channel. Like I said earlier, I need the interleaving to get a balanced schedule. This works great except for the fact that I have to set a channel type for that 80's channel. The shows on that channel were on different networks and are different genres. If I set the channel type to either one, it obviously excludes some shows. I tried leaving the channel type at NONE, but that kept the channel from even being created. The interleaved channels are dictating the content, I don't want another filter on top of that.

I'm not sure what you mean by "all videos". Aren't videos all PTV will play? I am ultimately wanting to do a 90's and 00's channel also where I will face the same dilemma

Quote:The radio button should work most of the time...it just has the system sort the shows by airdate. XBMC is very efficient at this, so it doesn't slow anything down. The rule instead sorts by season and episode, which may be necessary in some cases. The down-side is that it will slow down the population of the channel. They do seem a bit redundant, but I hate to get rid of one or the other.

Good to know. Thanks.

- espengaasemyr - 2012-02-22

Lunatixz Wrote:Use the option in the settings... Under visual Cool
If that doesn't work add the line below to your skins visable area in dialogseekbar.xml
Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) + !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)

ThanksBig Grin

Working now! AWSOME!

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-23

Jason102 Wrote:Nope. Try getting the latest stable-pre and getting a complete debug log, that should help.

I can confirm that if you disable icelibrary in main settings and enable for a channel rule... The channel still won't build...

But If I enable icelibrary in main settings and either enable or leave alone channel rule... The channel builds...

Can anyone confirm otherwise?

BTW Using the latest git of ptv, and xbmc eden beta 3

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-23

TheFonz Wrote:I keep getting the error that my channel's have an error in them and PseudoTV doesn't run.
Uninstalled PseudoTV and reinstalled but still getting the same error.

find your settings2.xml and delete it, let ptv rebuild it, then open channel configuration and setup your channels

- Jason102 - 2012-02-23

Lunatixz Wrote:I can confirm that if you disable icelibrary in main settings and enable for a channel rule... The channel still won't build...

Please provide a debug log.

- mwkurt - 2012-02-23

RockDawg Wrote:Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. Let me try again. I am trying to create an 80's channel with all the TV shows I have that were prominent in the 80's. PTV does not have a rule to do that, so what I'm doing is creating a separate channel for each 80's show and setting a DO NOT PLAY rule for each one. I am then interleaving them all into the 80's channel. Like I said earlier, I need the interleaving to get a balanced schedule. This works great except for the fact that I have to set a channel type for that 80's channel. The shows on that channel were on different networks and are different genres. If I set the channel type to either one, it obviously excludes some shows. I tried leaving the channel type at NONE, but that kept the channel from even being created. The interleaved channels are dictating the content, I don't want another filter on top of that.

I'm not sure what you mean by "all videos". Aren't videos all PTV will play? I am ultimately wanting to do a 90's and 00's channel also where I will face the same dilemma

Good to know. Thanks.

So I have been wanting to try this myself with some of my channels. Now I haven't tried this but I wanted to throw this out to you anyway.
What if you created a playlist of any one show for your 80's station? Load this playlist on the station you want for your 80's network. This takes care of the need to designate the channel as something other than none. Now, create a rule not to play the show that is on the playlist that you created for your 80's network. Now try interleaving your shows onto this channel and see if you get what you want. Seems to me this should work albeit, in a roundabout way. Ideally, there should be a way to do this without fooling a channel into working this way.

Mark

- truegodfather - 2012-02-23

I would live to know if you can use Pseudotv with xbmc addons.
I would like to use it with any of the live streaming addons like live stream or Veetle addon to know what is on.