Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Daavid - 2012-02-25

thumbinollie Wrote:I use this same setup for all my tv channels. I like having full control of my scheduling in that regard.

Here's what I did. Every one of my TV shows has its own channel. I started from channel 200 working my way down, and hid every channel.

Example:

Channel 200:
Channel Type: TV Show
Show - Alcatraz
Advanced Channel Rules: Don't play

Channel 199:
Show - The Simpsons
Advanced Channel Rules: Don't play

I did this until all my shows had a channel of their own.

Now that all my shows have their own channel, I can start building my channels that actually DO play.

I'll use my Channel 3 as an example. I use this as my [adult swim] channel. To make things easy, when building a channel, I pick a show to use as a "base" for building. In this case, I chose Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Channel 3:
Show: Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Now the fun of interleaving comes in.

Here are my advanced rules

Rule 1. Interleave Channel 198
Rule 1 Configuration
Interleave Another Channel
Channel Number 198
Min interleave 1 Max interleave 1

Rule 2. Interleave Channel 197
Rule 2 Configuration
Interleave Another Channel
Channel Number 197
Min Interleave 2 Max Interleave Count 2

So on and so forth. Each interleave I added, I increased the min/max interleave by 1.

Once you've done all this, and let it all build, Your new channel should play your shows in the order you've created the rules, and repeat itself in that order.

Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Jason: Using this setup I've described, I've been trying to figure out how I can inject bumpers between each of my shows that I've scheduled. Any tips?

If I add the "Pause when not being watched" rule to my base channel will it work? Currently using a playlist method to create a similar result as you've mention above, when I use the "Pause when not being watched" rule it works fine when in PTV, but once I back out of PTV and relaunch it, the channel is reset to the first episode of my first show. Any tips?

- thumbinollie - 2012-02-25

Daavid Wrote:If I add the "Pause when not being watched" rule to my base channel will it work? Currently using a playlist method to create a similar result as you've mention above, when I use the "Pause when not being watched" rule it works fine when in PTV, but once I back out of PTV and relaunch it, the channel is reset to the first episode of my first show. Any tips?

Not really sure about that feature, but try pausing it and then exiting. I think it should still be where you paused it when you open it again.

- RockDawg - 2012-02-25

Lunatixz Wrote:Sure you can do that!! You can set a tvshow within the ptv channel builder!!
what are you talking about!! Check your ptv version!!

If you would have read down a bit, you would've seen that I posted acknowledging that I misread what you meant. I thought you were saying to create a channel entirely out of hidden channels. I didn't realize you were just repeating yourself. I already told you I was running latest development version from the link on the first post. I agreed it can be done and should work, but it isn't so far for me.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-25

RockDawg Wrote:I didn't realize you were just repeating yourself

If you really want to get your setup working correctly how about you re-read what was already posted!! Stare

- RockDawg - 2012-02-25

Whoa there! Why are you bent out of shape? What the heck did you read into that? Did I miss something?

What is so bad about saying you were repeating yourself? I was explaining that I originally thought that in that post you were offering up a different method. I later realized you were instead reiterating the "complex" solution you offered up earlier. That is indeed what you were doing, were you not? I wasn't inferring anything other than that. Entitlement and pompous attitude?? Huh

I realizing you were trying to help and I am, and have been, appreciative of that as I am for everyone who has tried to help me.

- Lunatixz - 2012-02-25

RockDawg Wrote:Whoa there! Why are you bent out of shape? What the heck did you read into that? Did I miss something?

What is so bad about saying you were repeating yourself? I was explaining that I originally thought that in that post you were offering up a different method. I later realized you were instead reiterating the "complex" solution you offered up earlier. That is indeed what you were doing, were you not? I wasn't inferring anything other than that. Entitlement and pompous attitude?? Huh

I realizing you were trying to help and I am, and have been, appreciative of that as I am for everyone who has tried to help me.

I overreacted!!... Check your ptv version! I know your not running the latest copy!! look for the fork with the most recent update...

- RockDawg - 2012-02-25

I'll check a new version, but I'm new to GIT. When you say fork is that the same as branch? I see a stable-pre branch that indicates activity a couple days ago. I assume that is what I want?

If I download the zip file it's named Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-v1.0.0-197-g82b8b42.zip, but pre-stable branch says "commit 82b8b4251d" are they the same?

- betobma3 - 2012-02-25

i have a question, its posible to add more than 200 channels?

- Amelandbor - 2012-02-25

Is anyone else having problems with NFS directories? When I try to add a NFS directory channel to PseudoTV, which I mounted with the new NFS function of XBMC, this channel doesn't get populated.

- RockDawg - 2012-02-25

I finally figured out what is happening and it's working, sort of. As I've mentioned before, I have a base station that is based on the TV Show Cheers. Right now the only other channels I have set up are the ones I want to interleave with the Cheers channel. I then created individual rules to interleave each of those channels.

What's happening is that when I first start PTV it is populating that channel with all the Cheers episodes, but nothing else. Once they are all in there the channel begins to play and shows in the EPG. PTV then seems to go about populating the other channels. What was stumping me though is that no matter how long I left it (up to 3 hours), Cheers was the only show on that main channel. In fact when I go to XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv\cache and look at the channel playlist, it is nothing but Cheers episodes. But then I happened to notice that once I pressed X to exit out of PTV it said "channel 1 updated" (or whatever it reads when PTV finishes building a channel). So I went back to the channel playlist and then it showed all the other channels interleaved into it. I have since repeated this test four times and indeed upon the initial build of the channel, PTV only adds Cheers and the interleaved channels never show until I stop PTV and then restart it. This is why it always appeared to me that the channel was only building with Cheers episodes.

Another problem is that even when it finally does interleave the channels, it's doing it after adding all of Cheers. What I mean is that the EPG and playlist show all the Cheers episodes in a row and then the interleaving begins including more Cheers episodes. So you get 200+ episodes of Cheers in a row before it's atarts playing interleaved shows. This has also happened on all four tests I've run now.

I have installed the Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-v1.0.0-197-g82b8b42.zip file found on the GIT page. I'm not sure if that's the latest build or not, but it's acting the same too. Anyone have any ideas why PTV is doing this?

- mwkurt - 2012-02-25

RockDawg Wrote:I finally figured out what is happening and it's working, sort of. As I've mentioned before, I have a base station that is based on the TV Show Cheers. Right now the only other channels I have set up are the ones I want to interleave with the Cheers channel. I then created individual rules to interleave each of those channels.

What's happening is that when I first start PTV it is populating that channel with all the Cheers episodes, but nothing else. Once they are all in there the channel begins to play and shows in the EPG. PTV then seems to go about populating the other channels. What was stumping me though is that no matter how long I left it (up to 3 hours), Cheers was the only show on that main channel. In fact when I go to XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv\cache and look at the channel playlist, it is nothing but Cheers episodes. But then I happened to notice that once I pressed X to exit out of PTV it said "channel 1 updated" (or whatever it reads when PTV finishes building a channel). So I went back to the channel playlist and then it showed all the other channels interleaved into it. I have since repeated this test four times and indeed upon the initial build of the channel, PTV only adds Cheers and the interleaved channels never show until I stop PTV and then restart it. This is why it always appeared to me that the channel was only building with Cheers episodes.

Another problem is that even when it finally does interleave the channels, it's doing it after adding all of Cheers. What I mean is that the EPG and playlist show all the Cheers episodes in a row and then the interleaving begins including more Cheers episodes. So you get 200+ episodes of Cheers in a row before it's atarts playing interleaved shows. This has also happened on all four tests I've run now.

I have installed the Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-v1.0.0-197-g82b8b42.zip file found on the GIT page. I'm not sure if that's the latest build or not, but it's acting the same too. Anyone have any ideas why PTV is doing this?

Have you by any chance tried putting your hidden channels before your Cheers channel, numerically? I have done some experimenting in this area and found that in order to get my desired results, the hidden, interleaved channels need to process before the main channel, and since the channels are processed in order, starting at 1. If the hidden channels are processed and there when the Cheers channel is made, it should interleave them correctly, I believe.

Mark

- RockDawg - 2012-02-25

mwkurt Wrote:Have you by any chance tried putting your hidden channels before your Cheers channel, numerically? I have done some experimenting in this area and found that in order to get my desired results, the hidden, interleaved channels need to process before the main channel, and since the channels are processed in order, starting at 1. If the hidden channels are processed and there when the Cheers channel is made, it should interleave them correctly, I believe.

Mark

I was wondering that myself as I have my Cheers channel at 1 and the rest are down at 190-200. But someone else mentioned that are doing it the way I am and nobody ever mentioned needing to do it differently so I figured it should work. I'll wait a bit and see if Jason replies and what he says. If he doesn't I guess I'll try that later. Thanks for your feedback.

- thumbinollie - 2012-02-25

RockDawg Wrote:I was wondering that myself as I have my Cheers channel at 1 and the rest are down at 190-200. But someone else mentioned that are doing it the way I am and nobody ever mentioned needing to do it differently so I figured it should work. I'll wait a bit and see if Jason replies and what he says. If he doesn't I guess I'll try that later. Thanks for your feedback.

I noticed this happening in my channels too. What I did to fix it was for your base channel, add a rule to reset the channel every 0 days. When I reloaded pseudotv after doing that, it built all the interleaves into it. After its done that, you can take the rule back out.

What's happening is it's building the cheers channel before it builds your hidden channels, so it can only find cheers.

Also, with your interleaves, make sure you're setting the min / max values right. What I did with mine is the first one was min/max 1, the second was min/max 2, and so on...

Another option is building all your hidden channels, and ONLY your hidden channels, and then loading pseudotv. Let it build those, then exit, add your interleave channels, and go back in.

- RockDawg - 2012-02-25

thumbinollie Wrote:I noticed this happening in my channels too. What I did to fix it was for your base channel, add a rule to reset the channel every 0 days. When I reloaded pseudotv after doing that, it built all the interleaves into it. After its done that, you can take the rule back out.

I just tried that but it didn't change anything.

Quote:What's happening is it's building the cheers channel before it builds your hidden channels, so it can only find cheers.

That's what I initially assumed too so I figured a second channel reset would solve that problem because then the interleaved channels would already have been built from the first time, but that still results in the same thing. All the Cheers episodes are first and then all the channels get interleaved.

Quote:Also, with your interleaves, make sure you're setting the min / max values right. What I did with mine is the first one was min/max 1, the second was min/max 2, and so on...

Yes, that is how I have them set. Incrementing by 1 for each new rule.

Quote:Another option is building all your hidden channels, and ONLY your hidden channels, and then loading pseudotv. Let it build those, then exit, add your interleave channels, and go back in.

I'll try that now.

- RockDawg - 2012-02-26

thumbinollie Wrote:Another option is building all your hidden channels, and ONLY your hidden channels, and then loading pseudotv. Let it build those, then exit, add your interleave channels, and go back in.

That did it. Thanks a ton!