Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Jason102 - 2011-02-04

Huh, it's actually an issue of how JSON is returning information...it's slightly different than it is on my system. Are you running the release version of Dharma? What OS?

- zepfan - 2011-02-04

Jason102 Wrote:Huh, it's actually an issue of how JSON is returning information...it's slightly different than it is on my system. Are you running the release version of Dharma? What OS?

Xbmc pre-11 git b3c917d compiled today.
Mythbuntu 10.10x64

- Jason102 - 2011-02-04

Ah, ok. It actually looks like they optimized the JSON results a bit by removing extra characters. I will modify the script to accept both of them.

- zepfan - 2011-02-04

Jason102 Wrote:Ah, ok. It actually looks like they optimized the JSON results a bit by removing extra characters. I will modify the script to accept both of them.

Wow. Great! Thanks, let me know when it's ready so i can test it out.

- Jason102 - 2011-02-04

Ok, can you try out the latest stable-pre branch?

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-04

I updated my PseudoTV Playlists to simplify them. No more nested playlists. Now there is just a single zip with only the Channel_x.xsd playlists. Also, there is a PseudoTV_Images_Pack which contains channel logos for the preset channels and a couple I reused from Sranshaft.

Note: There isn't enough information on the TV shows to determine SD from HD. In my testing 80% of my shows didn't show in my playlist if I filtered by resolution less than 720. So, for now, there will just be one set of TV channels which could contain both SD and HD shows. The movie channels will have separate SD and HD channels.

The current pack contains 20 TV Channels:

Channel 1 - Current TV (Episodes aired in last two weeks)
Channel 2 - 2KTV
Channel 3 - 90s TV
Channel 4 - 80s TV
Channel 5 - 70s TV
Channel 6 - 60s TV
Channel 7 - Action and Adventure TV
Channel 8 - Animation Nation
Channel 9 - Kid TV
Channel 10 - Comedy Network
Channel 11 - Documentary TV
Channel 12 - Drama TV
Channel 13 - Fantasy TV
Channel 14 - Mini-Series TV
Channel 15 - Oldies TV (Mix of 50s, 60s, and 70s)
Channel 16 - Reality TV
Channel 17 - Sci-Fi TV
Channel 18 - Special Interest TV
Channel 19 - Sport TV
Channel 20 - Western TV

Download: http://tiny.cc/xbmcplaylists

Screenshots:

PseudoTV Playlists

Purpose:

Provide a set of pre-defined channels for use in Pseudo-TV add-on for XBMC.

Limitations:

1. Current version of Pseudo-TV does not support empty playlists. Therefore, I am unable to provide a preset list of channels since any channel that returns an empty playlist will cause Pseudo-TV to fail.
2. Current version of Pseudo-TV does not support mixed (episodes and movies) playlists.

Workarounds:

1. I have provided a set of channel playlists which can be copied and renamed to the Channel_X.xsd format. Select the channels which work for your XBMC video content and rename accordingly, Channel_1.xsd, Channel_2.xsd, etc.

How To Install:

1. Download the zip file. The files are versioned, so download the latest version.
2. Optional: Download PseudoTV channel image pack. The files are versioned so download the latest version.
3. Unzip the PseudoTV_Channel_Pack file to your video playlist folder.
4. Optional: Unzip the PseudoTV_Image_Pack file to your ~/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/addons/script.PseudoTV/resources/images folder.
4. Select the channels you want to use from the Pseudo-TV Channels (Channel_X) and rename them to Channel_1.xsd, Channel_2.xsd, etc. to build your own channel listing. Once Jason102 updates his script to ignore/skip empty playlists, then no modifications should be required. Just unzip and you are done.

Performance:

PseudoTV_Channel_Pack_50, which contains 20 TV channels with 50 items each, loads in approximately 1:30 minutes on my system.

To Do:

1. Still working on what is the best number of items for each channel. This is subjective so I may include different channels with different limits, i.e. 25 items, 50 items, 100 items, etc.
2. Need to add SD and HD Movie channels to Pseudo-TV Channels. Just ran out of time for this release.

Acknowledgments:

@Jason102 for making the PseudoTV add on
@Sranshaft for his work on the reFocus skin and I also used a couple of his PseudoTV images in my PseudoTV Image Pack (Animation, Comedy, and Kids channels)

Version Guide:

02-04-2011
1. Simplified playlists and streamlined back to single playlist for each channel. Now there is just one zip file to unzip.
2. Added channel images for reFocus skin.

- zepfan - 2011-02-04

Jason102 Wrote:Ok, can you try out the latest stable-pre branch?

Won't even launch now.
xbmc.log

- Jason102 - 2011-02-04

Yeea...that's because I forgot to add the new files to the repository...sorry about that. Try again please.

- zepfan - 2011-02-04

Jason102 Wrote:Yeea...that's because I forgot to add the new files to the repository...sorry about that. Try again please.

Just get a black screen and nothing on it. have to manually restart the PC.

- Jason102 - 2011-02-04

What are you breaking, man? Or, more appropriately, what am I breaking? I'm glad we're catching these issues in the pre-release version. Any chance of getting a log from the crash scenario? If you get a black screen, you should be able to kill the process still. It may help to change from full screen to windowed mode (press \).

- oo_void - 2011-02-04

Sranshaft Wrote:Image

Looks really good Sranshaft ... Keep us up to date.

- zepfan - 2011-02-04

Jason102 Wrote:What are you breaking, man? Or, more appropriately, what am I breaking? I'm glad we're catching these issues in the pre-release version. Any chance of getting a log from the crash scenario? If you get a black screen, you should be able to kill the process still. It may help to change from full screen to windowed mode (press \).

Yea that worked, It didn't the first time in VNC. xbmc.log
That's the new log.

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-04

oo_void Wrote:Looks really good Sranshaft ... Keep us up to date.

Glad you like it. It's available now on the pre stable branch but needs some adjustments. If you don't mind bugs give it a look. It'll get pushed upstream into the stable branch as soon as things are finalized.

- zepfan - 2011-02-04

Sranshaft Wrote:Glad you like it. It's available now on the pre stable branch but needs some adjustments. If you don't mind bugs give it a look. It'll get pushed upstream into the stable branch as soon as things are finalized.

I wish it looked that good for skins other than reFocus. Was there specific things to the skin? Or can I try and adapt to other skins?

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-04

zepfan Wrote:I wish it looked that good for skins other than reFocus. Was there specific things to the skin? Or can I try and adapt to other skins?

This will be the new default skin and should roughly the same regardless of the skin you are using in XBMC. Until XBMC allows addons to define their own fonts, unfortunately some of the text's font will change thus changing the spacing and overall appearance. Not much more can be done.

I've tried it on Confluence, Fusion, Slik and Alaska and while one might look better than the other, they all look good enough to use on a daily basis.

I'll be looking into adapting them soon to fit natively into Confluence and perhaps Alaska unless someone else would like to do that.