Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2012-03-29

Thanks Keeper. It doesn't really work too great for my purposes - though I might be interested in your <not available> video if you don't mind sharing it?

@jason, would it be possible to add a rule that allowed specific MPAA rating groups (as in if TV Show is TV-14 or TV-MA) between certain times?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-29, 08:02)ghostelement Wrote: I'm having a problem where my TV genre - Kids Channel only shows one movie (It's the great pumpkin charlie brown). Anyone else have problems like this or know how I might fix it? Thanks.

Hello...you need to give us a little more information. Is this a channel you created the playlist for? If so, show us what is in your playlist.

Is this a PseudoTV created genre channel? If so, what genre?

The more info you can give helps us to help you better.

Mark

.strm Gone in 2.1 - jcaa6479 - 2012-03-29

In version 2.1 Pseudo tv wont utilize my .strm channels, this worked fine in 2.0, will this be fixed? Is there an easy way to disable PTV from autoupdating so i can use 2.0 in the meantime? Thanks in advanceSmile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-03-29

Fantastic icon nlash, it's already in the new update!

Quote:I tried making a Directory Channel within PseudoTV but it doesn't pull any of the vids.

Since directory channels have videos that are not in XBMC, they definitely do not have durations attached to them. This means that I have to figure them out. Again, classic issue: in non-Windows systems with Eden, I can't access SMB shared files in order to actually read them. You may be able to get around it by mounting the smb share and accessing the file through the mounted directory.

In any case, you're seeing an additional issue. I have written file parsers for AVI, FLV, mkv, and mp4 (including m4v, 3gp, 3g2, f4v, and mov) files. Since I have not written a wmv parser yet, there is no way for me to actually get the duration for those files. If this is a common file-type used (I don't believe I have any myself, but perhaps they are common for commercials) then I may look into writing one.

Quote:The latest update to 2.1.0 seems to have completely overwritten my script.pseudotv folder, erasing the custom logos and modified skin files I'd set up.

I really do wish I could prevent this. I don't have any control over that, though. You are able to point PTV to some other logo directory at least so that it won't get overwritten during an update. Check out the settings.

Quote:create a channel rule so you can't SKIP

Hmmm...I may be able to make a rule so that a channel is treated in the same way the 'paused when not watching' rule is done in the EPG...you can't skip at all in that case. The only difference would be...well...that the channel wouldn't actually be paused at the time...

Quote:Would it be possible to fix channel numbers over 99 that aren't displaying correctly?

Is this is skin issue? Can you try Confluence?

Quote:can we maybe have more than 200 channels?

Yep, changing now. The code all works for up to 999 channels, so I can't remember why I limited it in the configuration. Anyway, I'll change it.

Quote:would it be possible to add a rule that allowed specific MPAA rating groups (as in if TV Show is TV-14 or TV-MA) between certain times?

This would ideally be done in a playlist and then inserted into the channel using scheduling. The biggest problem is that I don't care about times that shows play except for scheduling, so it would be pretty difficult to get that to work.

Quote:In version 2.1 Pseudo tv wont utilize my .strm channels, this worked fine in 2.0, will this be fixed?

Is anyone else having a problem with .strm files? I didn't change anything with them, so all you should need to do is turn on the setting to allow them.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Keeper - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-29, 19:09)Jason102 Wrote: Hmmm...I may be able to make a rule so that a channel is treated in the same way the 'paused when not watching' rule is done in the EPG...you can't skip at all in that case. The only difference would be...well...that the channel wouldn't actually be paused at the time...

Yep, changing now. The code all works for up to 999 channels, so I can't remember why I limited it in the configuration. Anyway, I'll change it.

Ah thanks man! Laugh

(2012-03-29, 19:09)Jason102 Wrote: Is this is skin issue? Can you try Confluence?

Unfortunately I can't test if channel numbers higher than 99 display correctly in the EPG on other skins, i'm re-adding all my Series at the moment and it's gonna take a while to import
Can anyone else test? just add a random channel 105 and see if it displays "105" or "1..." in the EPG (In confluence)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jcaa6479 - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-29, 19:09)Jason102 Wrote: Fantastic icon nlash, it's already in the new update!

Quote:I tried making a Directory Channel within PseudoTV but it doesn't pull any of the vids.

Since directory channels have videos that are not in XBMC, they definitely do not have durations attached to them. This means that I have to figure them out. Again, classic issue: in non-Windows systems with Eden, I can't access SMB shared files in order to actually read them. You may be able to get around it by mounting the smb share and accessing the file through the mounted directory.

In any case, you're seeing an additional issue. I have written file parsers for AVI, FLV, mkv, and mp4 (including m4v, 3gp, 3g2, f4v, and mov) files. Since I have not written a wmv parser yet, there is no way for me to actually get the duration for those files. If this is a common file-type used (I don't believe I have any myself, but perhaps they are common for commercials) then I may look into writing one.

Quote:The latest update to 2.1.0 seems to have completely overwritten my script.pseudotv folder, erasing the custom logos and modified skin files I'd set up.

I really do wish I could prevent this. I don't have any control over that, though. You are able to point PTV to some other logo directory at least so that it won't get overwritten during an update. Check out the settings.

Quote:create a channel rule so you can't SKIP

Hmmm...I may be able to make a rule so that a channel is treated in the same way the 'paused when not watching' rule is done in the EPG...you can't skip at all in that case. The only difference would be...well...that the channel wouldn't actually be paused at the time...

Quote:Would it be possible to fix channel numbers over 99 that aren't displaying correctly?

Is this is skin issue? Can you try Confluence?

Quote:can we maybe have more than 200 channels?

Quote:would it be possible to add a rule that allowed specific MPAA rating groups (as in if TV Show is TV-14 or TV-MA) between certain times?

This would ideally be done in a playlist and then inserted into the channel using scheduling. The biggest problem is that I don't care about times that shows play except for scheduling, so it would be pretty difficult to get that to work.

Quote:In version 2.1 Pseudo tv wont utilize my .strm channels, this worked fine in 2.0, will this be fixed?

Is anyone else having a problem with .strm files? I didn't change anything with them, so all you should need to do is turn on the setting to allow them.

Did a test by removing everything related to PTV then installed 2.0 and let it create all channels, then i let it update to 2.1 and everything works fine so i suppose the problem was at my side, just wrote it here if anyone is experiencing the same problem.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-29, 19:09)Jason102 Wrote:

Anyone got any advice on how to set this scenario up using playlists? I've created playlists which contain the seperated content I want, i.e. one playlist for TV-14, one playlist for TV-MA and one for TV-PG, but how should I add them in channels and using what rules to get them to play like this?
from 05:00 -> 12:00 it should show only TV-Y and TV-Y7 shows
from 12 -> 21:00 it should show TV-G and TV-PG shows
from 21:00 -> 05:00 it should show TV-14 and TV-MA shows

Any help much appreciated, gold star for the winner Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-03-29

RE: Would it be possible to fix channel numbers over 99 that aren't displaying correctly?

Thanks for the ongoing work you have done on this wonderful addon! I love the new addition of more channels for us to populate. 999 will keep me going for a while Big Grin
I noticed the channel number problem a while ago and hope you can get to the bottom of it. It seems it does indeed effect all skins. I have taken a screenshot of PTV displaying channels over 100.

Confluence

Aeon Nox

Transparency

Other than that every thing is working perfectly over here with the exception of the lag when scrolling the EPG introduced by Eden final. I'm seriously considering downgrading to get rid of it.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Merc33 - 2012-03-30

I'm Using Eden 11.0 Official (no betas)along with Pseudo latest from repository last night. . Does Pseudo work best only with Dharma 10 and current script or is Newest Eden fairly ok? Im using Aeon M3 skin. All seems good! Here comes the Questions!

1. How do I add Bumpers Channel? I made Bumpers Folder and inside that folder contains folders of my TV Networks BBC.NBC.ABC folder all containing Bumpers. How do I get Channel Config to find this Genre of Bumpers

2. How do i make a Playlist for Pseudo? Making a Saved playlist using XBMC making a *.m3u? Or do I add a Directory to my Favorites and Pseudo will find my Favorite Directory I setup? When I try to add my Directory or playlist in Channel config I only get a blank pop up window that don't point to any files or my Video directories to find these playlists or Directories? hmmm

I would please recommend to Adding the Bumpers, Trailers, File Directory ADD, and Folder ADD like TV Time uses. I cant get TVtime working anyways, but you should Add those features ASAP to let people add their own Channel Directories instead of playlists.

Pseudo is just as Amazing as XBMC in itself and its a rare Gold mine. Its Truly a standalone App that is made me leave XBMC behind as i'm always in Pseudo now! Highly Addictive! You honestly need a Serious Tutorial on this wicked Appz from beginning to End (ALL features written) Reading up on getting this all to work from Bumpers to trailers to Logos was a huge mess to sort out from playlists, and directories. Amazing script but its definetly a mess in the options Config menu and should be re-written menus . All this interleaving min/max and other features is so confusing. I do understand most of it but its much digging around to piece it all together. icelibrary? shared folders? its just no exactly how-to.

But basically i just want my Bumpers working from my separate Network Folders i made with bumpers. How do you make a Bumpers channel or Bumpers Genre and get Pseudo to detect it? How do u make playlist or directories for pseudo to find these genres?

It would be nice to place the Logos in any corner u want in the Options menu.

Also pushing UP on controller makes channels go UP, but in TV Guide when I push up it scrolls the channels Down? the Channel numbers should scroll from bottom to UP and not Channels scrolling down. Pls Fix.

U need a Channel ZERO that will only be detected and checked once and awhile that updates a listing of What Network is related to each Channel. it helps to know what Network each channel is numbered to. It gets confusing what channel i'm on and i forget what channel TNT, Showcase is on..anyways to make a generated list of channels?

Also can you make the EPG channel screen Bigger with more channels on screen? it only lists so many shows before i need to scroll. When u have like 200 channels it a long time to scroll through. Make Guide bigger with 10-15 channel rows.
anyway for it to detect your Banners.jpg or Poster.jpg for cooler look in EPG guide and when pushing Info when watching? Make this Standard.

Many questions and thoughts...hope u can add and also answer my questions i need help on. Fantastic Scrip concept !! I would pay money for this!

Thankz again Merc33

Also need to Add a 70's 80s, 90s Genre to only find shows from those years. Example u could set a Genre to a YEAR

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - FDorsey - 2012-03-30

I am having issues populating just one channel... it would be my adult swim channel, I had one show that came up in the smart playlist but didn't contain any files... Thought that was the issue but its not... so here is the log

http://pastebin.com/zXWezGF1

its from where i started using it this morning at 0942 in the morning, the whole log is much longer since XBMC has been running for days but the first line is me using XBMC for the first time today. If i need to shut XBMC down and restart and do a new log, just let me know... don't know whats up. Other 19 Channels working fine...

Windows 7
Eden Beta 2
PseudoTV v2.1.0
Windows Home Server 2003

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2012-03-30

@Merc33 - On Bumpers:
1. Make a folder based channel (Lets say channel 200)
2. Point to your BBC Bumpers folder (for example)
3. Add a channel rule to this channel - "Do Not Play This Channel"
4. Go to your real BBC Channel
5. Add a rule to this channel to to Interleave an existing channel and set it to channel 200
6. Set your desired frequency with the Min/Max settings

It would be nice to have this implemented as seen in TV Time, but I believe it can add to loading times or something, so Jason's approach is to give PsuedoTV the power and let the user decide how they apply the power as such.
A complete manual would indeed be nice (and I thnik Keeper may have said he is working on something like this) but please remember that this is free and such a powerful plugin would require quite some time put into a manual creation. I for one would of course love it as there are things I too am unsure of, but we can't really expect it either, just be greatful for what we get. Smile Hope this helps.

This should do it for you.

Dave

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Sranshaft - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-29, 23:56)Rastan Wrote: RE: Would it be possible to fix channel numbers over 99 that aren't displaying correctly?

Thanks for the ongoing work you have done on this wonderful addon! I love the new addition of more channels for us to populate. 999 will keep me going for a while Big Grin
I noticed the channel number problem a while ago and hope you can get to the bottom of it. It seems it does indeed effect all skins. I have taken a screenshot of PTV displaying channels over 100.

I'm going to take a guess and say it's a skin issue since all of those, if I remember correctly, based off of my original skin. I'll do a quick update with regards to the ReFocus skin and see if it fixes the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Abe Froman - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-28, 09:25)ihaterich Wrote: I notice since updating to Eden, the channel guide moves a bit slowly, and is a little lagged. I was previously running Eden RC2 and had no problems.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, it's terrible. Ruins the whole plugin... Any chance of fixing this? It was so much better before.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - nlash - 2012-03-30

(2012-03-30, 14:13)Abe Froman Wrote:
(2012-03-28, 09:25)ihaterich Wrote: I notice since updating to Eden, the channel guide moves a bit slowly, and is a little lagged. I was previously running Eden RC2 and had no problems.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, it's terrible. Ruins the whole plugin... Any chance of fixing this? It was so much better before.

(2012-03-26, 01:35)Jason102 Wrote: This is an Eden issue. A scripting feature was removed that allowed me to make things smooth, like I can do in Dharma. Again, looking for optimizations, but I'm not terribly optimistic about making this much better. I don't think XBMC scripting was ever designed to draw graphics, especially over video.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - ihaterich - 2012-03-30

Are Hulu and Free Cable streams that have been imported into the library no longer supported in 2.1?

In 2.1 none of these shows are available, but all work after rolling back to 2.0.