Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Keeper - 2012-04-02

(2012-04-02, 04:10)Milkman Wrote: Image

Build the ultimate media system with your HTPC using OpenELEC, XBMC and PseudoTV. This manual covers everything from hardware, OpenELEC Installation, File Management, XBMC Scraping, Preparing an awesome channel setup and also covers PseudoTV extensively. This is the definitive guide for HP ProLiant MicroServer owners or anyone who wants to turn their HTPC into a media dream-machine. Easy to understand and scattered with loads of helpful hints and tips.

This guide is a must-have for all PseudoTV users!

Included with the PDF is a wide variety of nifty files and tools that is also explained in the guide.

PDF Guide (23 Mb)

Contains:
-PDF Guide
-Over 100 Channel Logos
-Over 40 Smart Playlists
-Channel Setup (Excel)
-PseudoTV Add-on
-PseudoTV Network Manager
-Putty
-Samba Config
-Sound Config
-theRenamer

Logo Pack (57 Mb)
-Contains 5000 PNG Channel Logos

Bumper Pack 1 (114 Mb)
-Contains 60 Channel Bumper Videos

Bumper Pack 2 (99 Mb)
-Contains 59 Channel Bumper Videos

Bumper Pack 3 (116 Mb)
-Contains 58 Channel Bumper Videos

The Milkman

Thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127492

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2012-04-02

Sweet lord. I've been waiting for this! Thank you!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-04-03

Hey hey, update to stable-pre. Eden changed the way Python scripts work at a basic level, so they no longer can read SMB files. This meant that PseudoTV couldn't read durations of files, had problems with directory channels, and had issues with channel sharing...on non-Windows machines at least.

So! I've done some modifications to pysmb, a Python implementation of SMB, that allows me to use it. Hopefully this means that SMB works on all systems now. Try it out, I'm sure it will break! But I'm also pretty sure that it's solid progress to making this work.

In particular, I'd like anyone on a non-Windows system that uses SMB shares to try this out. Hopefully: magic.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Nietchie - 2012-04-03

Nice!

I'll give this a go tonight!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 02:38)Jason102 Wrote: Hey hey, update to stable-pre. Eden changed the way Python scripts work at a basic level, so they no longer can read SMB files. This meant that PseudoTV couldn't read durations of files, had problems with directory channels, and had issues with channel sharing...on non-Windows machines at least.

So! I've done some modifications to pysmb, a Python implementation of SMB, that allows me to use it. Hopefully this means that SMB works on all systems now. Try it out, I'm sure it will break! But I'm also pretty sure that it's solid progress to making this work.

In particular, I'd like anyone on a non-Windows system that uses SMB shares to try this out. Hopefully: magic.

Is this update supposedly a cure for the slow EPG issue?

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-04-03

No, this has nothing to do with the EPG. I did make a change that speeds up the EPG a bit in a previous stable-pre release, but it only helps a bit...it does not fix the problem. I'm still working on that.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Abe Froman - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 17:22)Jason102 Wrote: No, this has nothing to do with the EPG. I did make a change that speeds up the EPG a bit in a previous stable-pre release, but it only helps a bit...it does not fix the problem. I'm still working on that.

Yes the speedup didn't seem to help that much, tried on a slower and faster system. Glad to hear you are still looking at it.

Cheers.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - boccman - 2012-04-04

Im using the daily updates of Openelec and the SMB is working now...i previously was having trouble with channel logos being located on a smb share elsewhere in my network.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Merc33 - 2012-04-04

Is the New EPG much slower to scroll through? its unstable in new version as You all know by now. Just curious I am suddenly getting the EPG guide freezing and not disappearing and i exit Psuedo and Guide still is on screen. Is this new Eden problem? I also noticed if the File are to short to be displayed in EPG then it seems to lag out badly because of listing way to much on screen. Is this why the EPG is freezing on scrren because of to much being listen on screen.? What is the current Stable release? xbmc Version 10?

I perfectly replicated my Canadian TV channel lineup to match exactly whats seen on each channel according to my province but i found EPG freeze...thankx again!

Awesome PLUGIN~!!!

Merc33

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Nietchie - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-03, 02:38)Jason102 Wrote: Hey hey, update to stable-pre. Eden changed the way Python scripts work at a basic level, so they no longer can read SMB files. This meant that PseudoTV couldn't read durations of files, had problems with directory channels, and had issues with channel sharing...on non-Windows machines at least.

Ok I tried it.
I'm using openelec(dharma) with all my sources on a windows machine. The first time I open PTV it starts the automated channel scan, but it just sits on channel 1 without making any progress after that.
I left it for about half an hour incase it was really slow, but nothing.

log: http://pastebin.com/423J6QMm

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - thejayarr - 2012-04-04

Is there a fix for the 'Script failed! : config.py' error I get when I try and open the channel configuration? The debug log mentions something about a missing xml file - http://pastebin.com/U7s6KezS

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Burke - 2012-04-04

Hi guys,

tried search but i got no results.

Sorry if this is stupid question but...

Can I setup Pseudo TV to get programs from my ISP?, I am from Croatia and would like to have subtitles on tv programs.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-04-04

Nietchie: Ah, an exception, just the sort of breaking that I expected to happen. I need to mess with the code to fix that up and make things a bit faster. I'll put up a fix into stable-pre sometime today.

thejayarr: Looks like some odd skin issue, or a problem with directories not being found. What skin are you using?

Burke: No, you can't.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - thejayarr - 2012-04-04

I'm using Xperience1080, but I've tried a few different skins (Confluence, Rapier Qualar Mod, Neon, Back Row) and the error's the same on all of them.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-04-04

How did you install the plugin? It may be a simple issue of the plugin directory not named script.pseudotv.

Nietchie (and anyone else): I just updated stable-pre with fixes and improvements for the samba module. I still expect that there will be some problems somewhere, but at least the one you're seeing (and some others that you didn't) are fixed now.