Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - xecutionx - 2012-04-04

Hopefully you can get the EPG issues resolved. It's very sluggish on my atom 330/ION but the Pseudo TV is too good for me to stop using it. Thanks for all the hard work guys.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Nietchie - 2012-04-04

It didnt freese up this time, it gave the old error again:

log: http://pastebin.com/QDq8DFFW

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-04-05

Hi Jason, A big thankyou for your on-gong support and development for this great addon. I have been having some weird issues these past few days with one of my machines running PTV. I have just purchased and installed a SSD hard drive and done a clean installation of Windows 7 and XBMC. Everything has been running without a hitch until running PTV. On the very first run it started loading the channels one by one in the background as expected. However when I pressed the up curser to switch channels XBMC crashed. I updated to the latest PTV I think its the revision before the one you just released. Now all I get is the 1st initial channel and then nothing. I have left it running for 10 minutes without it loading a single channel.

To be honest I am not sure whether it is PTV or Eden addon incompatabilities or some weird driver issue. Everything else seems to be working ok other than XBMC in general being a little laggy at times. Everything on my other machine runs perfect with the same channels. Please could you take a look at the Debug Log to see if you can see anything out of the ordinary?

LOG

Thankyou

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - thejayarr - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-04, 19:07)Jason102 Wrote: How did you install the plugin? It may be a simple issue of the plugin directory not named script.pseudotv.

I did it through the add-on browser like normal. That was probably about a year ago and this is the first time I've tried using the channel configuration for about six months. I just checked the appdata folder and the directory is definitely called script.pseudotv.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - thejayarr - 2012-04-05

Oh, I kinda fixed it. I took backups of the script.pseudotv folders from addons and userdata directories, then uninstalled and reinstalled PTV through the addon browser. Then I moved the backup of the userdata folder back to where it needed to be, and the channel configuration started working properly.

Then I moved the main addon folder back into place and it broke again, which kinda suggests that I brought this on myself. I use a slightly modified version of the slik skin (example link) and I guess it's possible to affect something by editing the xml files in the skin folder.

EDIT: Oh wait, hang on, I really do think I've got it figured out this time - the unmodified slik.skin folder only has the EPG and Overlay xml files, but not the config ones, so when I replaced the default skin folder with the slik one to edit it, it didn't have the necessary xml to actually create the config window at all. All I had to do was get those config xmls from a backup of the unmodified addon directory. Sorted!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-04-05

Nietchie: Hmm, it just says it can't connect. I've added a few more traces. Please get the latest stable-pre and turn on debugging so that I can look at a debug log.

Rastan: You are running into an odd problem. Some exception is happening, which I catch, but then my message to output what the exception was is causing an exception and crashing everything. Oops. Sooo...I fixed my exception handling routine, so if you get the latest stable-pre and another debug log I can probably narrow down what is Really happening.

thejayarr: Odd. There were some changes related to skinning recently, I'll see what's going on.

Everyone: EPG optimizations in stable-pre. I'm not sure it's going to get any better than it is without changes from a dev. My latest changes make some difference, but they don't completely fix everything. Anyway, try it out, hopefully it's at least close to tolerable now.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-05, 14:46)Jason102 Wrote: Rastan: You are running into an odd problem. Some exception is happening, which I catch, but then my message to output what the exception was is causing an exception and crashing everything. Oops. Sooo...I fixed my exception handling routine, so if you get the latest stable-pre and another debug log I can probably narrow down what is Really happening.

Thanks for looking into the problem. I have updated PsuedoTV to the latest revision and my channels are now showing up. I now have a problem when changing channels. I have noticed that TV shows seem to switch over fine. But when I switch over using the cursor keys and surf movie channels, PTV gets stuck. The screen goes black and I can hear the sound playing. But XBMC freezes and I cannot do anything other than force quit.
To be honest I am not sure whether its PTV or XBMC in general causing this. Because I noticed when playing movies and skipping forwards I produced the same results. (Black screen with audio playing).

Code:
14:31:12 T:2380 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
14:31:13 T:1336   DEBUG: CDVDPlayer::CheckPlayerInit - dropping packet type:1 dts:2109621000.000000 to get to start point at 2111275000.000000

Please you could you out-rule that its not PTV causing this error?

Here is the full DEBUG LOG

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - czarphanguye - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-05, 17:18)Rastan Wrote: But when I switch over using the cursor keys and surf movie channels, PTV gets stuck. The screen goes black and I can hear the sound playing. But XBMC freezes and I cannot do anything other than force quit.
To be honest I am not sure whether its PTV or XBMC in general causing this. Because I noticed when playing movies and skipping forwards I produced the same results. (Black screen with audio playing).

I was having this issue too.. a LOT. I'm not sure if fixing the Setting > Video > Audio settings did it (corrected hdmi settings to reflect the NVIDIA hw) *or* if it was the trakt.tv plugin. Since turning off that plug-in i have yet to experience a crash.

(2012-04-05, 18:08)czarphanguye Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 17:18)Rastan Wrote: But when I switch over using the cursor keys and surf movie channels, PTV gets stuck. The screen goes black and I can hear the sound playing. But XBMC freezes and I cannot do anything other than force quit.

I was having this issue too.. a LOT. I'm not sure if fixing the Setting > Video > Audio settings did it (corrected hdmi settings to reflect the NVIDIA hw) *or* if it was the trakt.tv plugin. Since turning off that plug-in i have yet to experience a crash.

Alright stop the presses! I have just fixed it I think...LOL

You were on the right track. I found this thread and found that I had not set my audio output to HDMI. I havent ever had to do this before, but I gave it a try and it seems to have done the trick. I have changed channels without issue and even gave the Mrs a go to see if she could crash it. PTV is still running strong Nod

@jason Thanks for the help with the troubleshooting. Also the EPG is faster and usable now. Not as fluid as it was in the past, but more than usable.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jelly - 2012-04-06

Thanks for this excellent plug-in, im just going through learning how it works and how i want it set up but im having sound issues. When i go through channels on both my mac mini and macbook i get a really loud crackling and the sound cuts out, i've tried various options (anologue, hdmi, 2.0, 5.1 etc) but cant seem to get rid of it, any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rd1979 - 2012-04-06

(2012-04-05, 18:18)Rastan Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 18:08)czarphanguye Wrote:

Alright stop the presses! I have just fixed it I think...LOL

You were on the right track. I found this thread and found that I had not set my audio output to HDMI. I havent ever had to do this before, but I gave it a try and it seems to have done the trick. I have changed channels without issue and even gave the Mrs a go to see if she could crash it. PTV is still running strong Nod

@jason Thanks for the help with the troubleshooting. Also the EPG is faster and usable now. Not as fluid as it was in the past, but more than usable.

I too was getting a similar error:

19:01:44 T:5216 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for flip to complete
19:01:44 T:5216 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame

But I've changed my audio output to be specifically the DirectSound HDMI device I'm connected to (my Westinghouse HDTV) and will test if this fixes the issue.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - boccman - 2012-04-06

Whenever i change channels the muted icon appears on the top right of the screen? The volume isnt muted and it goes away in a few secs.

Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rd1979 - 2012-04-06

(2012-04-06, 01:40)boccman Wrote: Whenever i change channels the muted icon appears on the top right of the screen? The volume isnt muted and it goes away in a few secs.

Any ideas?

I think its to avoid that harsh volume change as the 'channels' switch.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - boccman - 2012-04-06

(2012-04-06, 02:57)rd1979 Wrote:
(2012-04-06, 01:40)boccman Wrote: Whenever i change channels the muted icon appears on the top right of the screen? The volume isnt muted and it goes away in a few secs.

Any ideas?

Does everyone experience that icon? or just certain machine setups?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - xecutionx - 2012-04-06

(2012-04-06, 03:04)boccman Wrote:
(2012-04-06, 02:57)rd1979 Wrote:

Any ideas?

Does everyone experience that icon? or just certain machine setups?
I've noticed this recently, too.