Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - blubberx - 2012-04-10

Sadly I'm unable to get PseudoTV to run here.
I want to use the shared channels for my 2 ATVs and Laptop. To create the channels I started on the laptop hoping that it might be quicker in creating the channels, however it takes ages (30mins) at least.
I can also see that the SMB share I specified for the shared location gets a settings2.xml file. Then i copyed the settings.xml to the atvs but every time I try to start PseudoTV it tells me "unable to load/find channels"

I'm running latest Eden build and used PseudoTV from the built in repo

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - bulletz - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-10, 23:39)blubberx Wrote: Sadly I'm unable to get PseudoTV to run here.
Every time I try to start PseudoTV it tells me "unable to load/find channels"

me 2

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-10, 23:39)blubberx Wrote: Sadly I'm unable to get PseudoTV to run here.
I want to use the shared channels for my 2 ATVs and Laptop. To create the channels I started on the laptop hoping that it might be quicker in creating the channels, however it takes ages (30mins) at least.
I can also see that the SMB share I specified for the shared location gets a settings2.xml file. Then i copyed the settings.xml to the atvs but every time I try to start PseudoTV it tells me "unable to load/find channels"

I am not using ATVs nor Eden, but I can tell you what I did to get shared channels working. I Created a shared folder on my server. This was for the channel sharing itself. On one of my computers I had PseudoTV run and create the channels, without channel sharing enabled. After that was completed (The initial run took about 45 minutes to complete all channels), I moved the settings2.xml file and the folder created (Sorry, I am not at my pc now and can not remember its name), anyway...I moved the folder and the settings2.xml file to the shared folder I created on my server.
On each of my pc's that was going to share these channels, I had to "map a network drive" to my shared folder on my server. After that, I could then select to "use shared folder" within Pseudo and select the mapped folder that pointed to my shared folder on my server. You also have to make sure that each of the pc's or whatever is running Pseudo and sharing folders has the exact same initial playlists (if you use them) in the video folder of playlist.
Hope this helps a little.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - kalmor - 2012-04-11

Hey all, (sorry for the long post, I tend to ramble)

Firstly just want to say what an awesome little addon this is. I've been telling everyone I know that uses XBMC about it and they are all impressed. Keep up the great work.

Now on to problems. I've tired going through this thread to find answers, but it's not easy to scan through 278 pages of posts to find what I'm looking for, so here we go.

I believe there are currently problems with Eden and non-windows server sharing channel info. Something about an SMB issue? I have a semi-working work around for this, but I've now come to a point where I can't see how to fix the problem.

Basically I have my main machine running XBMCUbuntu with all my media shared and using a MYSQL db for the library. In PseudoTV I have configured the shared directory to point to a local folder which is accessible via my network as well. Any directories I use in channels are all local directories as well. So far everything works perfectly.

Now I add my Windows box to the picture connecting to the main servers DB for it's library. PseudoTV settings for the windows box point directly to the SMB share for the channels and for channels which use directories for content I just have pathsubstitution settings so that the windows machine can play the directory content fine.

That works too, and in fact with both servers running I can see the same content and the same channels.

The problem I'm having is that any channel that is being watched by the Windows box drops off the channel list on the Linux Server.
EG:
Watcing channel 1 on Windows and channel 2 on the Linux Server
Try to change to channel 1 on the Linux server, the channel is no longer valid and drops from the list.

Note: If both servers start on the same channel at startup (IE: both start on channel 1) then they will play in sync until I change the channel on the Linux server to another channel and then try change it back. Also if I change the channel on the Windows box to one that the Linux box is playing, then everything is fine. As soon as I change the Linux channel and try change it back to the channel it was on (and the windows box has played) it's now invalid and drops from the list.

This doesn't affect the windows box at all though and it can happily change channels back and forth without losing any.

I can get logs if that might help.

So close to getting this working, there must be some way to get around this problem. Smile

One thing I did notice is that the Windows box changes the channel config by placing the entries one line after the other. (IE: If I open it up in notepad it all looks nicely formatted) whereas the Linux server writes to the file with CR and no LF, I assume (IE: if you open it up in notepad it looks all jumbled)

Another thing I noticed is that the permissions on the channel files change when the Windows server access them. IE: channel_1.m3u will have rw-rw-r-- permissions when the Linux box access them, but when the Windows box access them it changes them to rwxrw-r--

Don't think either of these would affect pseudoTV though.

Oh, and another thing I'm trying to do which I see others are struggling with is getting a channel with random content on it and then having that content still play episodes in order. I had this working with Force Random and Play in order, but that resets the channel everytime you start up another instance of PseudoTV and breaks syncing. Perhaps we could look at having an option that says "Force Random on Channel update only"

Another thing that would be nice would be to have some way to read an nfo file or some info file for files that are in directories and not in the library so that you can still get info on an episode or movie or whatever. Currently all my documentaries have been manually added to XBMC and the metadata manually adjusted so that it has the correct info. This works, but it's alot of work to get it all correct.

One last request is to have a way to add Music only channels. IE: Create playlists for genres or something and then have a channel that displays a static background with music in the background. Possibly with a little box scrolling the song info in it? That way I would never have to close PseudoTV and I can have both Video and Music content running on it all the time. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Merc33 - 2012-04-11

Thought of a cool new idea! How about when pushing up to change channels its just brings up a advanced channel windows pop up that scrolls through the channels as your still watching an episode. And when you find the channel or episode you want then you push Enter to select it. Im telling you I have 200 preset channels and need more! and it takes Forever to change channels up and down and to bring up the guide all the time. You all know what i mean like in Real TV guide. You still watching your channel while you flip through a channel pop up window to scroll through? this would be icing on the cake as with at least 500 channels to ADD.

But i know the programmer has a million ideas to implement..pls make this script open source?
or an the ability to fade in or reposition the TV logos pleeaaassseee!!
omg i forgot! to also ADD the Jump to previous channel button.. I forgot what channel i was watching and couldnt find the station and then the show was over!! hahhah lol

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-11, 20:15)Merc33 Wrote: Thought of a cool new idea! How about when pushing up to change channels its just brings up a advanced channel windows pop up that scrolls through the channels as your still watching an episode. And when you find the channel or episode you want then you push Enter to select it. Im telling you I have 200 preset channels and need more! and it takes Forever to change channels up and down and to bring up the guide all the time. You all know what i mean like in Real TV guide. You still watching your channel while you flip through a channel pop up window to scroll through? this would be icing on the cake as with at least 500 channels to ADD.

But i know the programmer has a million ideas to implement..pls make this script open source?
or an the ability to fade in or reposition the TV logos pleeaaassseee!!
omg i forgot! to also ADD the Jump to previous channel button.. I forgot what channel i was watching and couldnt find the station and then the show was over!! hahhah lol

Jason has said that you can modify his script as you wish. If he sees a benefit to whatever addition you make to the script, it is possible he will add it in.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Merc33 - 2012-04-11

oh!! and can you make a Auto Play Channel SURF Button to just let the channels flip from station to station every 10 seconds..im tired to push!
omg! i'm so stoned. How about a Page Up and Page down button while in the EPG channel guide. Flip up a page and down a page! Only dreams only dreams

Merc33

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - blubberx - 2012-04-12

Still no luck on Sharing Channels
I tried to create channels without the share setting and then move the generated files to the network share and updating the config files accordingly but no luck.
I also tried now SMB and NFS but both produce similar errors:

Code:
00:32:49 T:108765184   ERROR: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.pseudotv/resources/lib/Overlay.py:70: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
                                              xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
00:32:49 T:108765184   ERROR: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.pseudotv/resources/lib/Overlay.py:41: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
                                              xbmc.Player.__init__(self, xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO)
00:32:49 T:69996544   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.pseudotv
00:32:49 T:108765184   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
00:32:49 T:108765184   ERROR: Rename - Error( No such file or directory )
00:32:49 T:108765184   ERROR: Rename - Error renaming file smb://192.168.1.2/Pseudo.TV/cache/FileLock.dat
00:32:50 T:108765184   ERROR: Rename - Error( No such file or directory )

This is how my config file looks:
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="AutoOff" value="6" />
    <setting id="ChannelLogoFolder" value="special://home/addons/script.pseudotv/resources/images/" />
    <setting id="ChannelResetSetting" value="4" />
    <setting id="ChannelSharing" value="true" />
    <setting id="ClipLength" value="2" />
    <setting id="ClockMode" value="1" />
    <setting id="CurrentChannel" value="1" />
    <setting id="EnableComingUp" value="true" />
    <setting id="ForceChannelReset" value="false" />
    <setting id="ForcedWebServer" value="True" />
    <setting id="HideClips" value="false" />
    <setting id="IncludeIceLib" value="false" />
    <setting id="InfoOnChange" value="true" />
    <setting id="SettingsFolder" value="smb://192.168.1.2/Pseudo.TV/" />
    <setting id="ShowChannelBug" value="false" />
    <setting id="ShowSeEp" value="true" />
    <setting id="StartMode" value="1" />
    <setting id="ThreadMode" value="1" />
</settings>

Perhaps I'm missing a detail or the DEV is able to provide help?

Edit: And I also tried pathsubstitution to move the whole script.pseudotv folder to the netshare

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - staycrunchy - 2012-04-12

I recently moved from a windows 7 setup to an ATV2 setup. Everything is working great except for one thing in PsuedoTV. On windows the first launch (and when you reset channels) I got a popup where it built the channels and videos and then launched PsuedoTV, and that would be it. Every subsequent launch would simply launch into PsuedoTV with no popup.

However, on my ATV2 I get this pop up on every single launch. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but it takes a couple minutes to build my channels and so every launch I end up having to wait a couple minutes until PsuedoTV launches. Has anyone run into this? Any solutions?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - scilz - 2012-04-12

a few questions,request,and ideas
1.can we have more then 200 channels i saw somewhere we could but i only see 200
2.is there anyway to support video rss feeds yet?
3.what skins work well with Pseudotv?
4.would be great if we could have bumpers ect play every so often rather then only after shows/movies
5.also would be great to have music channels
6.it would also be kool if in the EPG the background could be diferent Example movies red tv shows blue u could probaly specify items over 50mins long to be red under 50 mins blue
7.some sort of rule to limit shows playing many times in a row (The Simpsons) lol
8.a way to make shows play at a time of day
9.a show reminder that pops up when a show is getting ready to start

i have no idea if any of that is possible just some ideas

Thank you very much for all your hard work Jason this is the best plugin for anything period.

ps. i have this ps3 remote it works very good has slide out keyboard ect picked it up at walmart for i think 25$ its made by power A if anyone needs a cheap easy solution for remote might want to check it out

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - kalmor - 2012-04-12

> 4.would be great if we could have bumpers ect play every so often rather then only after shows/movies

This can already be done with interleave rules. Just set your max and min to something like min 2 max 5 and it should do it a little more randomly. Play around with the settings till you get what you're looking for. Or are you looking to add them in the middle of shows and movies?

> 8.a way to make shows play at a time of day

This can already be done with the scheduling option. Setup a hidden channel that plays only a specific show and then on your channel that you want it to air on, setup a channel scheduling rule.

> 9.a show reminder that pops up when a show is getting ready to start

This already works. There is a setting under the visual options. "Show coming up next" just enable that. Smile

RE: - Amelandbor - 2012-04-12

(2012-02-25, 14:01)Amelandbor Wrote: Is anyone else having problems with NFS directories? When I try to add a NFS directory channel to PseudoTV, which I mounted with the new NFS function of XBMC, this channel doesn't get populated.

I still have this problem. Anyone an idea??

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - scilz - 2012-04-12

(2012-04-12, 10:51)kalmor Wrote: > 4.would be great if we could have bumpers ect play every so often rather then only after shows/movies

This can already be done with interleave rules. Just set your max and min to something like min 2 max 5 and it should do it a little more randomly. Play around with the settings till you get what you're looking for. Or are you looking to add them in the middle of shows and movies?

> 8.a way to make shows play at a time of day

This can already be done with the scheduling option. Setup a hidden channel that plays only a specific show and then on your channel that you want it to air on, setup a channel scheduling rule.

> 9.a show reminder that pops up when a show is getting ready to start

This already works. There is a setting under the visual options. "Show coming up next" just enable that. Smile

yes i ment in the middle of shows and the reminder here is example say u have the walking dead to play every friday at 8pm it would be nice to set up a global reminder that at 7:50 says the walking dead starting in 10 minutes on channel 5

and do u know if we can set up more then 200 channels if so then number 8 would work but im short on channels as it is cant realy have 100 hidden channels lol

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2012-04-12

I believe the latest dev version has 999 channels.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Keeper - 2012-04-12

Jason, is it possible to add channels from SuperTV?

This would be...well......awesome.
(even if there is no EPG for those channels)