Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - aoaaron - 2012-06-11

how can you launch Pseudo TV from the refocus skin?

also, i have an ER1401... basically a bit better than a revo and browsing the channel guide is slow. is this the deal with most setups or can a faster rig make the EPG better?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - igor - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-11, 10:04)aoaaron Wrote: how can you launch Pseudo TV from the refocus skin?

also, i have an ER1401... basically a bit better than a revo and browsing the channel guide is slow. is this the deal with most setups or can a faster rig make the EPG better?
PseudoTV seems to work with most skins but you may have trouble with the channel configuration menus unless skin was specifically coded for it...in that case just configure pseudotv in confluence then switch back to refocus.
You may see minor performance gain with channel guide using better rig, but I think most of the perfomance issues are from pseudotv not running optimally in eden.Are you using latest development release from op? it seems to perform better than latest stable.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - aoaaron - 2012-06-11

im using frodo ATM.

what skin do u think is good to use? i've tried Aeon MQ3 but it puts its own information overlay ontop of everything when you change channel which is annoying.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - igor - 2012-06-11

I think you misunderstood when I asked what version you were using. I meant the "latest development version" of Psuedotv not xbmc. link for latest development version is on first page...it performs better than the older version of pseudotv that is included with xbmc repo.

As far as skins, you may want to try "neon", it works well with ptv and has plenty of customization options.I personally use "Xperience1080" which is a version of "Xperience" specifically designed for 1080p displays.

Tried it on my mac and its better!!

How can I 'reinstall' Pseudo TV? Basically the build i used from the xbmc repo made some stupid channels whilst on my mac it recognised BBC One, BBC Two etc.

oh yeah, how do u check if u have webserver turned on? script did not prompt me but was using old version of script..

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-06-11

(2012-06-11, 10:04)aoaaron Wrote: how can you launch Pseudo TV from the refocus skin?

Hello,

I have 4 of the Emachines Er1401's all running PseudoTV. I am still running the previous version of XBMC called Dharma because of this. It seems that somewhere between Dharma and Eden, something was changed in the XBMC code that makes the EPG run slower. In Dharma, there is no lag at all.

Mark

Frodo + PseudoTV - aoaaron - 2012-06-12

reporting some crashes with Frodo and PseudoTV... any planned fixes? happens with the ECG mostly.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - aoaaron - 2012-06-12

Seriously?! Can't go back to Dharma I think because Eden gives amazing performance with fanart etc,! unless theres a build available which does that! I have 3 big problems atm:

1) Can't change language at the press of a button - very annoying when u need to do it a lot
2) can't change aspect ratio at the click of a single button again annoying

3) only the 0 and 1 work on the remote control, the other ones don't do anything in pseudoTV

http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html
i think im using that ATM^^ (altho not 100% sure).

definitley using an MCEremote... any fixes or remote installs that work? or any reccomended remotes?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - igor - 2012-06-12

I have problem with ptv crashing using frodo alpha1. mainly crashing when opening ptv after it has already been ran. I noticed it seems to happen less when backing out of ptv until you get prompt to exit rather than just hitting stop to close it and crashing is much more frequent depending on skin.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Xdan - 2012-06-13

Works perfectly on my Linux HTPC, thanks!!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - RockDawg - 2012-06-13

(2012-06-13, 09:54)Xdan Wrote: Works perfectly on my Linux HTPC, thanks!!

Really? Your EPG isn't dog slow? I have four different systems ranging from an ION to an AMD Phenom X4 and they are all very slow. It's such a shame too because I love this addon so much, but the EPG is really slow for me and frankly, it keeps from using it as much any more.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Necromancyr - 2012-06-14

I'm running an Ion system and it seemed to be ok when I tried it a few nights ago. I'm on a 'spruce up XBMC' kick now and fixing everything so I'll check again.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - fl0PPsy - 2012-06-15

(2012-06-12, 00:08)aoaaron Wrote: Seriously?! Can't go back to Dharma I think because Eden gives amazing performance with fanart etc,! unless theres a build available which does that! I have 3 big problems atm:

1) Can't change language at the press of a button - very annoying when u need to do it a lot
2) can't change aspect ratio at the click of a single button again annoying

3) only the 0 and 1 work on the remote control, the other ones don't do anything in pseudoTV

http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html
i think im using that ATM^^ (altho not 100% sure).

definitley using an MCEremote... any fixes or remote installs that work? or any reccomended remotes?

Try reinstalling xbmccustomregis again over the top of whats installed at the moment. I had some strange behavior at one point with my remote and rerunning the xbmccustomregis install fixed it all up.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2012-06-16

hi.
i have a question.
is there a possibiliy for Psoedotv to support strm files?

i found a website that will allow me to watch streaming live tv show of my country but the problem is that it downloads an asx file with a mms url inside it.
i need to find a way to extract the mms link from it and put it into a strm file.

can pstv do this? get an ask file and extract the mms link and play it?
if i can find a way, i will make a few thousand israeli very very happy.
thanks