Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-16, 20:47)EZ1976 Wrote: hi.
i have a question.
is there a possibiliy for Psoedotv to support strm files?

i found a website that will allow me to watch streaming live tv show of my country but the problem is that it downloads an asx file with a mms url inside it.
i need to find a way to extract the mms link from it and put it into a strm file.

can pstv do this? get an ask file and extract the mms link and play it?
if i can find a way, i will make a few thousand israeli very very happy.
thanks

Did you even try to do a search in this thread for "Strm"?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-06-18

I haven't visited here in a while, been busy with work.

I had a small chance to make some changes to PTV this weekend...all small things, but potentially helpful. I updated the version of PySMB that I'm using...hopefully this will help with the SMB issues some people are having. I also changed how channel sharing works to make startup and shutdown much faster, as well as more reliable. I'm going to fix a few crashes that have been reported in this (very long) thread. I'm still working a bit on these and they will be available in stable-pre soon.

I know there is (or at least was) a problem with...Aeon Nox I believe? Also with Transparency. Since neither of those are included in PseudoTV anymore, the developers of those skins should be made aware.

I'm going to try out Frodo to see if I can't figure out what's going on with it.

What other things MUST go into a new release? This is not asking for requests...everyone has many desires for future use. What things prevent proper use given the current feature-set?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-06-19

(2012-06-18, 17:45)Jason102 Wrote: What other things MUST go into a new release? This is not asking for requests...everyone has many desires for future use. What things prevent proper use given the current feature-set?

Anything further you can do to fix the sluggish nature of the EPG in Eden?

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rd1979 - 2012-06-19

One feature I'd like to see is being able to fade out the channel logo after a set amount of time. But what I'd really like is for the freezing bug I mentioned a while back. (When I see the following in the log:
WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for flip to complete
WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame

I'd trade having that bug fixed for anything. Unfortunately you said it may be XBMC at fault.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else. PTV pretty much works the way I want it to right now.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - NamesTwister - 2012-06-19

Is there anyway to change the color of the channel numbers? It's currently green.
I'm running Aeon Nox, with latest version of pseudotv. I've been looking through all the .xml and python files but I can't find it anywhere.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-06-19

Quote:Is there anyway to change the color of the channel numbers?

Not in the settings, but you can modify resources/lib/Overlay.py. Currently line 100 (or at least around there on whatever version you have):

Code:
self.channelLabel.append(xbmcgui.ControlImage(50 + (50 * i), 50, 50, 50, IMAGES_LOC + 'solid.png', colorDiffuse='0xAA00ff00'))

Change the colorDiffuse to whatever you'd like.

Quote:Anything further you can do to fix the sluggish nature of the EPG in Eden?

Not that I've thought of. There are some extra functions in pre-Frodo that may improve things, but I think Eden is about as good as it can get.

Quote:But what I'd really like is for the freezing bug I mentioned a while back.

Yea, I suspect this is some issue with starting a video at a time where a keyframe is hard to come by and your system doesn't like it. I'm sure I've asked you this before and you've probably given me one, but is there any chance of getting a debug log of PTV crashing with this?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - User 123356 - 2012-06-19

Jason,

First and foremost, thank you for this excellent add-on. I cannot imagine how much time and effort you have put into this thing by now. My question is whether support for NFS directory channels is forthcoming or even possible (e.g. for music video/bumper/documentary channels). Directory channels were awesome for me when I had XBMC on a Win7 system. I know you have said that with XBMC Eden SMB directory channels are not happening on non-Windows systems (I'm now using an ATV2). So therefore I'm curious if NFS will work for this purpose--currently NFS directory channels are not populating ("check for scraped media").

Thanks!!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rd1979 - 2012-06-19

(2012-06-19, 20:17)Jason102 Wrote: Yea, I suspect this is some issue with starting a video at a time where a keyframe is hard to come by and your system doesn't like it. I'm sure I've asked you this before and you've probably given me one, but is there any chance of getting a debug log of PTV crashing with this?

Yeah, the only difference between a 'normal' log, and when the freezing occurs, is the two aforementioned lines at the end. Nothing else. Its totally random, it can happen every time I enter the guide, or not at all.

I wish I could tell you more, but that's all there is in evidence. Any help I can provide, I'll gladly do so.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - D-MaxPWR - 2012-06-20

Jason, I belive a real problem that prevents proper use is that very loud Pop/Cracking noise when changing channels. That would be my #1 'Fix' request if possible. At the very least be able to set a bit of a longer 'Mute' Time in between changes since I do see that Mute pops up and that it may be the only way to Hide this issue?

Other than that I believe it to be a very solid app! Maybe a little more randomization of the shows if possible? I have channels with plenty of shows but for some reason Pseudotv likes to play one certain show 5+ times in a row without any of the others showing and if they do its only 1 episode or a very few.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-06-20

Bonethugs1911: If an NFS directory is mapped to a drive or some local directory then it should work...if not, then I can't really provide support. If you get the newest stable-pre, though, SMB should be working on non-Windows systems (strong emphasis on the should).

rd1979: Hmmm, not sure what I can do about that one, then. I'll look around to see if I can find any answers.

D-MaxPWR: I suppose I could add an optional delay between channel changes...mute, wait .5 or 1 second, and then switch. Since I don't have the issue myself, I can't test it, but I imagine it should work...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-06-20

D-MaxPWR: try out the latest stable-pre. Set the new channel delay setting and see if that fixes the pops.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - RockDawg - 2012-06-20

(2012-06-20, 02:36)D-MaxPWR Wrote: Maybe a little more randomization of the shows if possible? I have channels with plenty of shows but for some reason Pseudotv likes to play one certain show 5+ times in a row without any of the others showing and if they do its only 1 episode or a very few.

I experience this same thing. It's not uncommon to see 5 or more of the same show in a row. And like D-MaxPWR I get it on channels with quite a few shows (10+) and while there are always variances in the number of episodes per show, it happens even when all the shows have a relatively equal number of episodes. I've suggested this before and I'm not sure if it's possible, but I think this could be mitigated if a channel could be set to randomize by show rather than by episode.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2012-06-20

hi
any chance you can add support for foreign languages?
if the shows name are not in english the channels will not get populated.
i have a few children shows i recorderd and they are in folders (in english) but the file names are in hebrew.

under openelec if the folders are in english but the files are in hebrew it would work.
under windows it wont populate the channels at all.
i just renamed everything to english and it worked.

in addition if i have the NFO file in hebrew it will display jibrish (its english and hebrew together).

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - NamesTwister - 2012-06-21

Thanks Jason. For some reason that line eluded me. I'm currently working on an overlay overhaul to include the MPAA rating beside the show in the EPG. Hopefully it won't slow it down too much but I will see.

Also there is a slight problem with directories that I don't think has been mentioned. If I have a DVD in the drive, when I go to create a new directory channel it only shows my DVD drive. For it to show my other HDD's I have to close XBMC, take the DVD out, then start XBMC back up.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-06-24

Potential EPG speed improvement for Frodo in stable-pre. The release will work for all XBMC versions, but the speed improvement is only Frodo. Also, I say "potential" because I was only able to do the most basic of tests...I'd appreciate any feedback on whether this actually helps or not.