Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - RockDawg - 2012-07-04

(2012-07-01, 22:12)RockDawg Wrote: [quote='Jason102' pid='1138344' dateline='1341153509']
One problem though is that even though all my machines are set to real-time, the channel schedule is different throughout all my boxes. Two of my boxes have some of the channels the same, but the rest different and a third box has a completely different schedule altogether.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong Jason? All three boxes now have completely different programming schedules and I haven;t changed anything. Do I need to do more than set them to real-time?

Initial Setup Freezing - angrycamel - 2012-07-04

Jason, the addon looks incredible. however, I'm having trouble with the initial setup freezing on tthe creation of channel 5.

here is my log file: http://pastebin.com/ac4aAqJE

I'm using the latest build from pre on Eden.

EDIT: My guess is that it can't get paste the hostname of the file server. (It is simply "inspiron"). Here is the first error I see in the log that leads me to this idea: "script.pseudotv-SMBManager: Unable to get the IP or hostname for inspiron"

EDIT 2: Turned on debug logging and was able to see the file name that it's getting hung on. I would bet its the "ñ" in Piñata. Here is the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/EWYFsyCT

EDIT 3: I renamed the file to use a regular "n" instead. Rescanned the library, then cleaned the library. Restarted XBMC, then launched PTV. This fixed the problem with Channel 5 and it's moving on to the rest now.

RE: Initial Setup Freezing - Lunatixz - 2012-07-05

(2012-07-04, 22:22)angrycamel Wrote: EDIT 2: Turned on debug logging and was able to see the file name that it's getting hung on. I would bet its the "ñ" in Piñata.

Having the same problem, My log shows it's hanging on

16:25:18 T:804 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-SMBManager: File path: /The Big Bang Theory/Season 02/The Big Bang Theory - S02E07 - The Panty Piñata Polarization - SD TV.avi

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rifken - 2012-07-05

Is it possible to pull netflix and amazon prime into channels?

RE: Initial Setup Freezing - angrycamel - 2012-07-05

(2012-07-05, 02:19)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 22:22)angrycamel Wrote: EDIT 2: Turned on debug logging and was able to see the file name that it's getting hung on. I would bet its the "ñ" in Piñata.

16:25:18 T:804 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-SMBManager: File path: /The Big Bang Theory/Season 02/The Big Bang Theory - S02E07 - The Panty Piñata Polarization - SD TV.avi

Ya I solved it by renaming the file then cleaning up the library. Check my EDIT 3 above.

RE: Initial Setup Freezing - Lunatixz - 2012-07-05

(2012-07-05, 05:53)angrycamel Wrote:
(2012-07-05, 02:19)Lunatixz Wrote:

Ya I solved it by renaming the file then cleaning up the library. Check my EDIT 3 above.

Yeah, but that's a dirty fix, I would prefer a more permanent solution rather then renaming every illegal character

RE: Initial Setup Freezing - angrycamel - 2012-07-06

(2012-07-05, 20:33)Lunatixz Wrote: Yeah, but that's a dirty fix, I would prefer a more permanent solution rather then renaming every illegal character

Agreed. I hope Jason can find it easily.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - dfa82 - 2012-07-06

A problem that seems to have cropped up in 2.10 is that PseudoTV is only playing my standard definition content. It seems like its totally ignoring all HD files.

Was there an updated file setting that I'm missing here? Has anyone else had this problem? I'm on an apple tv 2.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - User 55003 - 2012-07-06

Hi Guys, I've whipped up a simple service addon that auto starts PseudoTV at start-up..

Configuration settings:

Activate/Deactivate service.
Set service delay at start-up (0,5,10,15,20) seconds.
Activate/Deactivate Notification at start-up.

Repo: service.autostart.ptv
Zip: service.autostart.ptv

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - dfa82 - 2012-07-07

Does anyone have 2.0 they could host somewhere? I'm having too mant problems with 2.1. Now the EPG is locking up, forcing me to reboot the apple tv.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - thrak76 - 2012-07-07

This is a fantastic add-on! I've spent quite a bit of time with it for the past few days.

I wonder if it is possible to instead of "always show channel logo", that it would show for a short duration - say 5 to 10 seconds - and then disappear. I've been looking through the .xmls, but see nothing to tweak in that regard.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - teeshapie - 2012-07-07

I was wondering how do I make custom channels. Can someone give me a step by step guide on how to do this. I like the channels provided for tv shows but I want to pick which tv shows go into comedy and drama as some come under both categories. Like desperate housewives goes into comedy then into drama or charmed goes into scifi and then drama as well. Is there a way to stop this or how could I create my own channels

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - boccman - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-07, 05:19)teeshapie Wrote: I was wondering how do I make custom channels. Can someone give me a step by step guide on how to do this. I like the channels provided for tv shows but I want to pick which tv shows go into comedy and drama as some come under both categories. Like desperate housewives goes into comedy then into drama or charmed goes into scifi and then drama as well. Is there a way to stop this or how could I create my own channels

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127492

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - teeshapie - 2012-07-07

Some of my tv shows aren't in any of my playlists. Eg. Buffy the vampire slayer should be in sci-fi but it isn't in there. Is there a way to include a single show or remove a single show from a smart playlist. I tried putting rule buffy, tv show contains but then my whole playlist went away.

Help!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-07, 06:28)teeshapie Wrote: Some of my tv shows aren't in any of my playlists. Eg. Buffy the vampire slayer should be in sci-fi but it isn't in there. Is there a way to include a single show or remove a single show from a smart playlist. I tried putting rule buffy, tv show contains but then my whole playlist went away.

Help!

Hello,

You can fix this problem in at least 2 ways. You can go in and fix your genre tags in the shows themselves. I use HeidiSQL and can go directly into the XBMC database to make the changes. This way they take effect immediately. You can also change the genre tags in your show nfo files. If you do it this way, you will have to refresh each show for the new settings to take effect.
The other way to do what you need is to make your own "Smartplaylist" and use them to create your channels. Doing it this way will give you total control over what plays in each channel as you can include whatever shows that you want.
If you go through this thread, there are many examples of how to make these playlist.

Mark