Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jackandjohn - 2012-07-18

Also, a quick request:

Is it possible to create a directory channel for directories that are not part of the library?
I'd love to interleave some TED ED in with a couple of channels, but since TED ED is 5min youtube videos (That I've downloaded as mp4s), and not a movie or TV show, I'm stuck.
Edit: This is, of course, the purpose of the directory channel. It was (is) not working because I'm connected via sftp for that directory.

This whole process of basically running our own TV network is very interesting: My son and I are making tv commercials just because of PseudoTV Smile

Re: RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - bornagainpenguin - 2012-07-18

(2012-07-18, 06:19)jackandjohn Wrote: This whole process of basically running our own TV network is very interesting: My son and I are making tv commercials just because of PseudoTV Smile

Unless those commercials are personal or family specific, how about sharing them with us?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jackandjohn - 2012-07-19

(2012-07-18, 14:13)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2012-07-18, 06:19)jackandjohn Wrote: This whole process of basically running our own TV network is very interesting: My son and I are making tv commercials just because of PseudoTV Smile

Unless those commercials are personal or family specific, how about sharing them with us?

For sure Smile
Likely I'll be setting my son up with a youtube channel as soon as the first dozen are edited, and we'll post them all there (with a zip file available)
Edit: Just set him up today, and the first batch of commercials are up: http://www.youtube.com/user/sethmccumber

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - betobma3 - 2012-07-19

i give up, my channels with smart playlist dont work (click ok and nothing happens), i tried to turn off the file sharing and is the same, any idea?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-07-19

(2012-07-19, 18:55)betobma3 Wrote: i give up, my channels with smart playlist dont work (click ok and nothing happens), i tried to turn off the file sharing and is the same, any idea?

Hello,

Probably the best thing to do is to get PTV working on one of your XBMC installs before moving over to sharing channels. Why don't you run through the procedure you have used, step by step, to try and get this working? Also, could you show us an example of your smart playlist? Where are you putting you smart playlist. Is this Windows or something else?
If you try creating a channel of any one show by selecting that show through PTV, does it work or not?

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - betobma3 - 2012-07-19

HELLO, i set up in one pc w7, everything run ok, i have channels with one show, and channels with smart playlist with various shows and movies. (smart playlist are stored in default dir, roaming/userdata, etc)

Then, when i want to share with another pc, choose a new directory to share and start from 0. The simple channels with on simple tvshow, or std channels for movies (adventure, scifi etc) runs ok in both systems, but my smart playlist dont work! i stored in the default dir, and in a new dir and nothing, when i want to click in the ok button, nothing happens.

I tried to add the channels with the pseudo tv manager addon, but they do not appear in the grid

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2012-07-19

Any planned updates to fix channel building problem when invalid characters are scanned?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - betobma3 - 2012-07-20

weel i give up x 2 ajjajaja

i want to make a fresh install of pseudo tv and start from 0, my smart playlist still dont work............ when i uninstall ptv, and install from xbmc repository, i find my old channels again....

which directory should I delete? i want to start from 0!
one more thing, when i use the Latest Development Version, ptv didnt work and freeze. i use w7, and xbmc eden oficial, with aeon mq3

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - RockDawg - 2012-07-20

Does anybody have shared channels and real time channel times working together? I have shared channels working, but the channel line ups are different across all my machines even though all are set to real time. According to the read me file:

Quote:Enable Channel Sharing: Share the same configuration and channel list
between multiple computers. If you're using real-time mode (the default) then
you can stop watching one show on one computer and pick it up on the other. Or
you can have both computers playing the same lists at the same time.

Does anyone have this working?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - phantasm - 2012-07-20

Were you able to work around this issue? I am still examining the cause and have not found a real usable solution.

Thank you,
Rob

(2012-07-13, 23:09)jackandjohn Wrote: Quick bug submission:

I'm on a 4:3 analog TV (on openelec with a raspberry pi), and when pulling up the channel config, it does this:

Seems to start the box at an absolute value, which means the left edge on my screen is in the centre, and the right edge is off the screen entirely.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-19, 20:52)betobma3 Wrote: HELLO, i set up in one pc w7, everything run ok, i have channels with one show, and channels with smart playlist with various shows and movies. (smart playlist are stored in default dir, roaming/userdata, etc)

Then, when i want to share with another pc, choose a new directory to share and start from 0. The simple channels with on simple tvshow, or std channels for movies (adventure, scifi etc) runs ok in both systems, but my smart playlist dont work! i stored in the default dir, and in a new dir and nothing, when i want to click in the ok button, nothing happens.

I tried to add the channels with the pseudo tv manager addon, but they do not appear in the grid

Did you move your smart playlists to the "New" directory that you created for the sharing? I am not in front of my XBMC machines right now so I can't give you much help in the way of making sure everything looks right.
Have you enabled "Channel Sharing" in the PTV settings on all of your installations and pointed each to the same "shared" directory?
What version of PTV are you using? I am still on Dharma XBMC and using an earlier release of PTV.
What I did when I first tried this was to create all of my channels on one machine first, sharing was not turned on. After creation of my channels I let PTV go do it's thing and create all of the channel m3u files and whatever else it does. When all of the channels were actually ready to play, I exited out of PTV. I then copied the files that PTV made over to the directory on my server that I was using for sharing. Entering back into PTV, I selected "Channel Sharing" and pointed to that directory. Just to see if it worked, I let PTV run. After a successful run, I them pointed all of my other machines to the same "Shared Directory" and they all worked fine. Something else I tried was to copy my homemade channel playlists to each of the default directories on each one of my XBMC installs. I don't really remember if I needed to do this to make it work or not, but you may want to try that anyway.
If you really want to give up and stop trying to get this working, let me know and I'll stop wasting thread space here. Otherwise, I'll be at my XBMC computer later today around 3:30 EST, if you want to message me then, I'll try to help you out.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - betobma3 - 2012-07-20

hello mark, yes, i pointed each to the same directory, and nothing, i turn off channel sharing, and still dont work with my smart playlist, really i dont know what is the problem.
I tried download ptv in xbmc repository and the last development version (this version freeze).

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-20, 19:55)betobma3 Wrote: hello mark, yes, i pointed each to the same directory, and nothing, i turn off channel sharing, and still dont work with my smart playlist, really i dont know what is the problem.
I tried download ptv in xbmc repository and the last development version (this version freeze).

I guess I am a little confused. Can you get a "smart playlist" to work at all in PTV, whether you are using it in a standalone configuration or trying to share? If your playlists do not work at all, could you post what one looks like for us to look at. Also, how are you making your playlists? Are you making them within XBMC or are you using a text editor? If you are making them within XBMC, do they pull up episodes or movies when you select them in the Smart Playlist editor?

Mark
(2012-07-20, 01:30)RockDawg Wrote: Does anybody have shared channels and real time channel times working together? I have shared channels working, but the channel line ups are different across all my machines even though all are set to real time. According to the read me file:

Quote:Enable Channel Sharing: Share the same configuration and channel list
between multiple computers. If you're using real-time mode (the default) then
you can stop watching one show on one computer and pick it up on the other. Or
you can have both computers playing the same lists at the same time.

Does anyone have this working?

This doesn't quite work right in my setups either. Especially, if I move up or down the timeline to select a show. When I know I am going to switch over to another XBMC box, I stop PTV, let it exit on it's own, then close XBMC. Going to the other XBMC/PTV install, does not usually take me to the place I left off when I start PTV. I will have to check this later on all of my installs to see what is happening. Haven't really paid too much attention to this yet.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - gonzo90017 - 2012-07-21

(2012-07-14, 10:33)Idgeinc Wrote: Hello,
First of all, great addon! It has made my HTPC so much more then just mediaplayer Smile
I've even removed my television subscription thanks to this addon!

Now to my small issue,
I'm trying interleave a 'childrens channel' with 5 minute short cartoons, i've done the following

- Added a bunch of cartoonclips (AVI) to a folder on my Windows Server
- Set the appropriate permissions on the shared folder
- Created a new channel (27) in directory mode on my XBMC
- Create a new rule on the "Children Channel" to interleave channel 27 every episode (for test purposes)

Now the thing is, it doesnt interleave anything. And the reason for this is because it cant find the AVI files for some reason.
If i try to interleave anything else into my childrenschannel that is already been scraped by XBMC it work fine.

The Channel 27 (Directory Mode) does not even show up as a channel for some reason, even though I havent hidden it with any rules.

Any clues on how to proceed, is this a known bug?

Edit:
Think I realised that this has to do with SMB shares, It's not possible to create directory channels with SMB shares? Needs to be NFS shares?

Just installed the plugin today and ran into this same issue. If the AVI files don't show up, it means that they haven't been scraped properly. For now i'm using TV Time to workaround the issue. TV Time allows you to set a folder as the source when creating a Channel.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-07-21

(2012-07-21, 08:19)gonzo90017 Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 10:33)Idgeinc Wrote: Hello,
First of all, great addon! It has made my HTPC so much more then just mediaplayer Smile
I've even removed my television subscription thanks to this addon!

Now to my small issue,
I'm trying interleave a 'childrens channel' with 5 minute short cartoons, i've done the following

- Added a bunch of cartoonclips (AVI) to a folder on my Windows Server
- Set the appropriate permissions on the shared folder
- Created a new channel (27) in directory mode on my XBMC
- Create a new rule on the "Children Channel" to interleave channel 27 every episode (for test purposes)

Now the thing is, it doesnt interleave anything. And the reason for this is because it cant find the AVI files for some reason.
If i try to interleave anything else into my childrenschannel that is already been scraped by XBMC it work fine.

The Channel 27 (Directory Mode) does not even show up as a channel for some reason, even though I havent hidden it with any rules.

Any clues on how to proceed, is this a known bug?

Edit:
Think I realised that this has to do with SMB shares, It's not possible to create directory channels with SMB shares? Needs to be NFS shares?

Just installed the plugin today and ran into this same issue. If the AVI files don't show up, it means that they haven't been scraped properly. For now i'm using TV Time to workaround the issue. TV Time allows you to set a folder as the source when creating a Channel.

Not true. You can include files that have not been scraped by XBMC. That is how I have my MTV channel. It is done by selecting a folder for a channel in PTV. Have you made sure you have selected the "Duration of short Videos" properly?

Mark