Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2012-07-21

I think I'm being a bit dim here but I'd like to create about 20 different movie channels, all completely random with no genre attachments

All I can see in the options is to have different movie channels based on genre like comedy etc. I've tried creating a smart playlist but I just get 'movie not found' when I try and go to that channel, not sure what's going wrong

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-07-22

(2012-07-21, 23:59)jurm Wrote: I think I'm being a bit dim here but I'd like to create about 20 different movie channels, all completely random with no genre attachments

All I can see in the options is to have different movie channels based on genre like comedy etc. I've tried creating a smart playlist but I just get 'movie not found' when I try and go to that channel, not sure what's going wrong

Hello,

This is the contents of a playlist I just made call "Random Movies.xsp"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Random Movies</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="doesnotcontain">Plastic</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

Put this inside your text editor and save it to your userdate/playlists/video directory. name it what you want, with ".xsp" extension, and it should work.
The rule "doesnotcontain" could be anything that is not a genre.
This should get you what you want if you create channels using this playlist.
Don't forget, PTV does not create all of the channels at once to show you. It will start playing a movie once the first channel is created, then creat the rest in the background.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - norax - 2012-07-22

Is there an easy way to increase the number of channels beyond 200?

I see that Jason mentioned he was going to do it in this post...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=1060041#pid1060041

...and it sounds like its an easy change. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - gonzo90017 - 2012-07-22

(2012-07-21, 14:34)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 08:19)gonzo90017 Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 10:33)Idgeinc Wrote: Hello,
First of all, great addon! It has made my HTPC so much more then just mediaplayer Smile
I've even removed my television subscription thanks to this addon!

Now to my small issue,
I'm trying interleave a 'childrens channel' with 5 minute short cartoons, i've done the following

- Added a bunch of cartoonclips (AVI) to a folder on my Windows Server
- Set the appropriate permissions on the shared folder
- Created a new channel (27) in directory mode on my XBMC
- Create a new rule on the "Children Channel" to interleave channel 27 every episode (for test purposes)

Now the thing is, it doesnt interleave anything. And the reason for this is because it cant find the AVI files for some reason.
If i try to interleave anything else into my childrenschannel that is already been scraped by XBMC it work fine.

The Channel 27 (Directory Mode) does not even show up as a channel for some reason, even though I havent hidden it with any rules.

Any clues on how to proceed, is this a known bug?

Edit:
Think I realised that this has to do with SMB shares, It's not possible to create directory channels with SMB shares? Needs to be NFS shares?

Just installed the plugin today and ran into this same issue. If the AVI files don't show up, it means that they haven't been scraped properly. For now i'm using TV Time to workaround the issue. TV Time allows you to set a folder as the source when creating a Channel.

Not true. You can include files that have not been scraped by XBMC. That is how I have my MTV channel. It is done by selecting a folder for a channel in PTV. Have you made sure you have selected the "Duration of short Videos" properly?

Mark
Could you take me through the steps?

EDIT:
Looks like I got it:
PsuedoTV> Add-on Settings> Open Channel Configuration> Select a Channel> Channel Type> Directory> Browse to the Directory.
Not sure why it didn't work before?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jackandjohn - 2012-07-22

I think anyone that's having problems with channel Sharing and directory channels should be very aware of the network access type.
This may be an xbmc restriction, but I know that directory channels do not work with sshfs (sftp), for example...

For those that have them working, please post the network access type, and server os so that we can duplicate your working setup Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Idgeinc - 2012-07-22

Thanks for the tip about TV Time, sadly I couldnt even get it started on my XBMC configuration, well it started but I couldnt change channels Smile
Anyways, just for reference regarding my post, I'm running XBMCLive 11.0 Eden Final and all my shares are on a Windows 7 x64 Professional (Samba) shares.

And it still won't play the contents added in the directory "Pseudo" option.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2012-07-22

(2012-07-22, 01:01)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 23:59)jurm Wrote: I think I'm being a bit dim here but I'd like to create about 20 different movie channels, all completely random with no genre attachments

Hello,

<match>all</match>
</smartplaylist>

Put this inside your text editor and save it to your userdate/playlists/video directory. name it what you want, with ".xsp" extension, and it should work.
Don't forget, PTV does not create all of the channels at once to show you. It will start playing a movie once the first channel is created, then creat the rest in the background.

Mark
Thanks for this, it worked a treat

However, the problem I'm having is that the guide says it's playing one movie but when I click it, it's actually playing another

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jackandjohn - 2012-07-23

I was not able to resolve the issue.
Once I found that there's no "OK" button at the bottom (click back, then save when prompted, and press OK on the XBMC addon config screen to actually save), it stopped being a priority.

I am going to assume, however, that the solution lies in ~/.xbmc/addons/Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-3855390/resources/skins/skin.confluence (your number may be different, and this assumes you are using the default confluence skin)

(2012-07-20, 03:40)phantasm Wrote: Were you able to work around this issue? I am still examining the cause and have not found a real usable solution.

Thank you,
Rob

(2012-07-13, 23:09)jackandjohn Wrote: Quick bug submission:

I'm on a 4:3 analog TV (on openelec with a raspberry pi), and when pulling up the channel config, it does this:

(img)

Seems to start the box at an absolute value, which means the left edge on my screen is in the centre, and the right edge is off the screen entirely.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-07-23

(2012-07-22, 23:54)jurm Wrote:
(2012-07-22, 01:01)mwkurt Wrote:

Hello,

<match>all</match>
</smartplaylist>

Mark
Thanks for this, it worked a treat

However, the problem I'm having is that the guide says it's playing one movie but when I click it, it's actually playing another

Glad the playlist worked for you.
I don't know what your new problem could be. This actually happened to me once last week. It was my fault however as I had let the movie be scraped as a different movie from what it actually was. You may want to check your nfo files and/or refresh the movie data. Does this happen withh all of your movies?

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - scoombe - 2012-07-23

Jason,

Fantastic plugin!! Makes XBMC so much more friendly for random media viewing.

Two questions: (1) Do you plan on implementing .strm support for PsuedoTV? I understand that the plugin needs duration info and that the .nfo files currently created by other plugins or tools do not contain duration, but have you considered a way around this limitation?

(2) If you do not plan on implementing a fix for this, is it possible to manually edit .strm files to include duration? I understand a limitation to this might be that the streamed file might not be able to "seek" to the desired time, but would it be possible to simply play the file from the beginning if selecting it through the EPG?

Thanks for all of your hard work on this great plugin!!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jackandjohn - 2012-07-23

@Jason102:

Can you point us in the right direction for skin modification?

Specifically: I'm trying to get the channel window centred, and I'd love to use the simplicity Pseudo skin even though I'm using confluence for XBMC (renaming the folder I found didn't do the trick)

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - betobma3 - 2012-07-23

i still have problems with my "smart playlist", i cant insert in ptv, i tried everything, today i uninstall and remove xbmc and i have the same issue with my playlist channels, they didnt work!

i run w7, xbmc final eden, and ptv 2.1.0, (i tried with 2.0.0 and its the same)

definitely I'm doing something wrong, i enter in channels list, add channel, select my playlist, and then the ok button not work and the channel no work

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - gonzo90017 - 2012-07-24

I'm having an issue with a movie channel I made using smart playlists. Whenever the movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakel" appears, it stays on the guide for 26 hrs straight. I've already clicked on "reset channel on next start" numerous times. Yet everytime that one movie comes up it stays on the guide for 26 hrs.

This is what my playlist looks like:

<name>Starz</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="is">Animation</rule>
<rule field="genre" operator="is">Family</rule>
<rule field="mpaarating" operator="isnot">r</rule>
</smartplaylist>

The movie is a .vob file. Don't know if that has something to do with it or not.

EDIT:
Just before posting I deleted the playlist and made a new one.
I still have the same issue with the movie showing up in the guide for 26hrs straight.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - scilz - 2012-07-24

(2012-07-22, 01:34)norax Wrote: Is there an easy way to increase the number of channels beyond 200?

...and it sounds like its an easy change. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

i would love to know this also ive asked but got no response

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Idgeinc - 2012-07-24

(2012-07-24, 11:25)scilz Wrote:
(2012-07-22, 01:34)norax Wrote: Is there an easy way to increase the number of channels beyond 200?

i would love to know this also ive asked but got no response

My response is a bit offtopic but, since i'm new to this addon, I would love to know what your channel-list looks atm (seeing that you populated 200 channels). Any chance you could post it for my pleasure?