Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - nachoyazid - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-31, 22:33)Ovokx Wrote: After checking nachoyazid file may be I can solve also a similar problem like the one selecting a folder that I have trying to use custom playlists. I can see that each channel has a type value that I assume that means if it's a TV show based channel, movie based channel, etc

Which value is the one that I have to use for a custom playlist? Zero? And how I select the playlist? I tried with this, but with no luck:

PHP Code:
<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="0" />
    <
setting id="Channel_1_1" value="special://userdata/playlists/video/Cinemax_HD.xsp" /> 

Yes, number zero its for playlists. To make work the directory i had to replace a existing and working channel, I suppose that you did that because the channel its number 1. So now i have no ideas of what is going wrong, only i would try to see what happens if you try adding <setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="True" /> after the last line.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - john.doe - 2012-09-01

(2012-08-23, 05:46)angrycamel Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 10:30)spanktastic2120 Wrote: could it be those backslashes? they seem to cause problems in everything else ive ever tried to do with xbmc.

Thats a good thought, so I went through just now and tested every possible combination of the path (local/network) + (single slashes/double slashes) + (trailing slash/no trailing slash) but unfortunately nothing ever worked.

The directory contains strm files and the plugin is configured to play Icefilms. Is it possible that the streaming support is only supporting from streams in the library and does not work for directory channels?

Angry Camel,

Any luck on getting PTV to pick up "generic" content or directories of streaming files? Also, have you had any luck getting live streaming video to play through PTV?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - t-kill-a - 2012-09-02

Hello,

Thanks for the great program, it makes XBMC even more useful as I finally see shows out of my library that I have never watched before.

I have a small issue with Shares in my house.
All my files are centralized and rund on an Win7 machine with SMB shares - the clients run on differnt XBMC's (Notebook and ATV2 on v.11, my ATV1 on v.10 as v.11 is not very stable).
There are some files like mountainbike videos and most of my documentaries that are not in my Library but named well, which is just fine for me in those cases.
I don't need any fancy artwork or descriptions for those files.

I am right now trying to create individual channels by putting those files in one folder together and share them via SMB - my only problem is that I can't acces the files from the channel directory in PseudoTV. All shares have been mounted on the clients though.

The only workaround that I found is to copy those files to each client individually, which is definately not a solution as space on the clients is an issue and my well organised system would become a mess.

Would be really great, if somebody could help me out here!

Thanks,

t-kill-a

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - nachoyazid - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-02, 11:12)t-kill-a Wrote: Hello,

Thanks for the great program, it makes XBMC even more useful as I finally see shows out of my library that I have never watched before.

I have a small issue with Shares in my house.
All my files are centralized and rund on an Win7 machine with SMB shares - the clients run on differnt XBMC's (Notebook and ATV2 on v.11, my ATV1 on v.10 as v.11 is not very stable).
There are some files like mountainbike videos and most of my documentaries that are not in my Library but named well, which is just fine for me in those cases.
I don't need any fancy artwork or descriptions for those files.

I am right now trying to create individual channels by putting those files in one folder together and share them via SMB - my only problem is that I can't acces the files from the channel directory in PseudoTV. All shares have been mounted on the clients though.

The only workaround that I found is to copy those files to each client individually, which is definately not a solution as space on the clients is an issue and my well organised system would become a mess.

Would be really great, if somebody could help me out here!

Thanks,

t-kill-a

¿Have you tried adding manually the directory channel through the settings2.xml file?
You should use the exact same rute that appears in XBMC when you open the SMB folder.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - t-kill-a - 2012-09-02

I am right now trying everything on my ATV1 - here I have only installed XBMC v.10 and PseudoTV 2.0.0 - there is no settings2.xml only settings.xml
I don't want to upgrade as XBMC v.11 is dead slow on ATV1, especially when using skins......any other idea?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - nachoyazid - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-02, 17:47)t-kill-a Wrote: I am right now trying everything on my ATV1 - here I have only installed XBMC v.10 and PseudoTV 2.0.0 - there is no settings2.xml only settings.xml
I don't want to upgrade as XBMC v.11 is dead slow on ATV1, especially when using skins......any other idea?

Have you tried looking at userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv\s​ettings2.xml ?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-09-03

All you have to do is add the directory in the File Manager in the Settings (main menu). PTV can only access locations that are given there.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-09-03

(2012-08-21, 04:32)Dmed1077 Wrote: I am new to pseudotv and think its quite fascinating! Although, I think something went wrong... Every time I try to open the configure section, it just loads to 90%. It get stuck there and I have to restart xbmc. What can I do to fix this if anything?

Debug log?

(2012-08-21, 19:46)Amelandbor Wrote: Tried out stable-pre, but isn't working for me. Hangs at querying database when populating channels. Tried also with frodo, but same thing happens. When I deleted the channels on which it hangs, the other channels only show a few movies which are all the same on every channel.

Sounds like it could be a unicode issue...try the latest stable-pre of PTV. If that doesn't help, I'll need a debug log.

(2012-08-22, 03:55)angrycamel Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 05:14)angrycamel Wrote: Having trouble getting a TED directory channel working.

The channel is configured as a directory channel.

Code:
<setting id="Channel_69_type" value="7" />
<setting id="Channel_69_1" value="C:\Users\Rob\Videos\Generic\TED.Talks\" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rule_1_id" value="14" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rule_1_opt_1" value="Yes" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rule_2_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_69_rule_2_opt_1" value="TED" />
<setting id="Channel_69_changed" value="True" />

I am still stumped on what's not correct about the directory channel configuration I posted about in post 3153. Any help figuring out what's wrong would be appreciated.

IceFilms works (sometimes) because it provides the runtime of the shows. strm files don't do that (as far as I know) so there is no way for me to determine how long they are.

(2012-08-23, 19:45)bittihuduga Wrote: i have live streams plugin. can i use it with pseudo tv and how?

No.

(2012-08-24, 08:00)Moridin84 Wrote: Hi. I love PseudoTV, it's awesome. I have lots of channels set up, and it works great. But, I've downloaded a lot of commercials from Youtube to interleave in my channels. The videos get saved as .webm files, and PseudoTV isn't playing them. Is there a way for me to add .webm support to PseudoTV?

I have to decode video files manually if I don't know the runtime, and I haven't spent the time to decode .webm files. You may want to try Handbrake for re-encoding (although I'm not positive it supports webm either).

(2012-08-22, 01:08)nachoyazid Wrote: Hi, thanks for all, PseudoTV is awesome. But i have one problem: i am not able to create channels of directories or smart playlists. When I do it the OK button in the channel configuration doesnt work, so i have to exit from the configuration. I am running 2.1.0 in pre-frodo, do the folders need to be in a special way or i am loosing anything?
Thanks, and one hug from Spain.

What is actually happening? You say that it "doesn't work"...does that mean it gives an error message? Or that it just doesn't save? If you aren't already, use the latest stable-pre for better unicode support...that may help in random situations like this. If you're already doing that, a debug log would be helpful.

(2012-08-30, 16:44)Dmed1077 Wrote: I have recently installed xbmc on my windows 7 operating system. Then i decided to add Pseudotv. At first it worked fine, but then i began to get an error message. It said that "one or more of my items failed to play. Please check log files" I am not sure what to do. I was wondering if there is an easy fix for this? As i said earlier, it played fine at first, and i could create new channels and everything. Then it just started acting up... Please help! This is quite frustrating. Thanks

This is probably not related to PseudoTV, but to XBMC itself. You might try just cleaning your library, PTV could be picking up entries for videos that don't exist anymore.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Amelandbor - 2012-09-04

Had already tried the latest stable pre. So here is the debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7896

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - bittihuduga - 2012-09-04

is it possible to schedule shows as per my requirement?
for eg-
i want every weekday at 8pm, 8.30pm, 9pm - to play big bag theory
and 9.30, 10pm - to play how i met your mother.
how do i do this schedule this?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - t-kill-a - 2012-09-05

(2012-09-03, 12:41)Jason102 Wrote: All you have to do is add the directory in the File Manager in the Settings (main menu). PTV can only access locations that are given there.
Thanks a lot, as easy as that!

(2012-09-04, 23:09)bittihuduga Wrote: is it possible to schedule shows as per my requirement?
for eg-
i want every weekday at 8pm, 8.30pm, 9pm - to play big bag theory
and 9.30, 10pm - to play how i met your mother.
how do i do this schedule this?

You should find something within the channel configuration for each seperate channel called "Best-Effort Channel Sheduling".
This should do the job.....

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Laikmosh - 2012-09-06

Helo, great software, i was planning to program something like this usong vlc and smartplaylists, but then i accidentally found pseudotv and now i thank you
I tried to make a complete schedule for my tv channel, that includes specific programing for the 24 hours of the day, difwrent schedules for weekdays and weekends, and that takes 30+ rules to achieve, but im having problems with this
The pseudotv channel configration lets me add rules without limits, but thats only the first time i try to configure the channel, if i leave the configuration and then get back i can only see the first 7-9 rules, cant add new rules or anything
also when i play the channel only the first 7-9 rules apply, the schedule only works as programed from 5am to 11 am, thats about the first 7-9 rules that i configured, havent seen anyone else with this problem so i dont know if this only happens to me, if there is a limited number of rules im unaware of or if the 30+ rules behaviour is atypical
Also sometimes i just start a new channel, create a new bes effort rule, and when i start pseudotv it hangs a little bit processing the rule, then it skips to play the channels but the rule is not working, the when i get back to the channel configuration to check the rule, i find it has changed from what i set initially, usually it changes the starting episode and (im sure this causes the rule to be ignored) the starting date changes to a date in the future everytime the program starts, hope somebody can help me with this so i can have my dream tv channel
Im using the latest stable-pre on xbmc 11

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - bittihuduga - 2012-09-07

laikmosh: how did you set up so many rules?
i am trying to set up rule for time 8pm-11pm where it plays my fav videos in sequence.
can u pls guide me how did u do that?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Laikmosh - 2012-09-07

Well you dont need that many rules for what you want to do, i just setup channels for every show like this
Channel 20: type: tv show: the simpsons
Channel 21: same as above but with south park
Channel 22: big bang theory
Channel 23: malcolm in the middle
Channel 24: etc...

If you are using other kind of videos you can make the channel out of a folder with your videos or put of a smart playlist

Then in my channel i setup my rules, lets say my channel is a comedy tv channel, so i go into de channel advanced options and choose best effort channel scheduling like this:
Best effort channel scheduling
Channel 20
Episodes: 1 (play only one episode)
Time: 20:00 (select hour in a 24 hour format)
Days: umtwhfs (each letter corresponds to a day of the week starting with sunday)
Starting episode: 1 (episodes are selected randomly, i guess this is for when you select to play in order)
Starting date: i just select today's date

Rinse and repeat for every channel you made for every channel you made

Im not sure what problems you had to make rules, if this is not what you where asking for maybe you can use pseudotv manager
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136244

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Dmed1077 - 2012-09-07

I have an issue with certain channels in Pseudotv. I have exported shows into my library from Amazon. They play fine from my library, but when i try to make a channel on PSTV, it doesn't show the channels with streaming files... It does however show Greek on ABC family. Which is also from amazon. I don't understand why it won't show any other shows that i have exported from Amazon. Can someone help?