Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-09-14

(2012-09-14, 05:28)alebornet Wrote: Hi Jason102,
I really like your add-on, but I'm facing some problems when I'm creating the channels based on its genre.
I'm from Brazil and the add-on can't create genre channels like Ação (Action), Comédia (Comedy) and Ficção Científica (Sci Fi).
I can see the channels in the list in the add-on options but when I open the add-on I can't see them.
I want to know if there is way to make it work.
Thanks.

PS: Sorry for my English.

Do away with the special characters. PTV does not like them.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - moneymaker - 2012-09-16

How the hell works this plugin? When I start PseudoTV after some seconds its exits itself. Does it allow adding own channels? .strm, xml?

So confusing ...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - nachoyazid - 2012-09-16

(2012-09-16, 18:27)moneymaker Wrote: How the hell works this plugin? When I start PseudoTV after some seconds its exits itself. Does it allow adding own channels? .strm, xml?

So confusing ...

It creates a EPG with all your movies, tv shows and video files that are in your library. STRM files arent allowed, but some people have made them work with the plugin .mylibrary that include in your library online content. You can create channels also with your playlists.
When you start the first time the plugin it creates some channels of different genres of movies: ej Drama movies, Comedy movies...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - halloween2311 - 2012-09-17

(2012-09-14, 00:56)Dmed1077 Wrote: You cannot use Hulu in Pseudotv. I have seen a bunch of people say that you can, but i do not have an option to add them to my library either. Although, you can add Amazon files to your library. So download the add-on from Amazon. Search for your favorite shows/movies and right click on them and "export to library". Then go to your files and update your library. They will then show up in your library for you to use with Pseudotv. Hope that helps

I'm using Hulu in PseudoTv right now. Just use BLuecop's Hulu add on which has an option to export your queue to your library. Just make sure you have the folder it exports to included as a video source then make sure you have channel's set up that will use the Hulu content.

Hope this helps

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - dkplayaclub - 2012-09-17

Can someone please put together an easy to follow guide on how to use streams to create channels?
I love this add-on but I must admit, I am completely flabbergasted as to how to make it work the way I want. The only reason I use it so little is that channel creation seems so counter-intuitive.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Frozin - 2012-09-19

Sorry if this has been asked but i've searched and searched and can't seem to find anything

I'm trying to setup the channels and I want to go by Movie studio for the movies, when I change the Channel type to MOvie studio, the bottom field (studio) doesn't populate with anything, clicking the arrows does nothing.

I have scraped my movies and studios do populate in the INFO view in the MOVIES section.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2012-09-20

Frozin - That seems odd. What I sometimes do if i come across issues with anything in XBMC that don't seem to be behaving like they should is create another profile and add 1 small tv show and about 4 or 5 movies to it. I scrape those completely and then try out the same scenario in this new profile. If the issue occurs again then I put it down to my system set up or a genuine bug and start looking for the solution. On the other hand, if the issue no longer occurs, then it could be a problem with my library in my main profile some how. I'd suggest you try that. A work aroun might be to create a smart playlist with the studio as the rule and then create a playlist channel within PTV.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - lorden - 2012-09-21

Hello,

thanks for this great add-on. it completely revolutionized the way we watch TV and recycle some old episodes that we have.

One thing I have noticed is that scrolling through the guide can cause an issue.

Specifically, if i go down, everything works fine.
If I move up and an episode shows in a previous slow above it will go to that episode rather than the actual playing one (where the blue line is going through).
If i select the show it starts it all over (regardless of which one - whether it's the one it selected or the one next to it).

I'd love to assist you. Let me know what logs you will need and i will post them asap.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - DBMethos - 2012-09-21

Love this Add-On. I'm having a problem similar to lorden's though. Scrolling through the guide (set to real-time start times), I can see that the blue line is going through the middle of most of the shows. However, when I select a channel, half of the time the video starts over from the beginning and half the time it starts partway into it. I've looked at the video properties of ones that start from the beginning and ones that start partway through and haven't noticed any differences.

Re: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Frozin - 2012-09-23

Daavid- thanks for the response. Unfortunately it didn't work. I also tried uninstalling both ptv and xbmc neither worked. Going to give that ptv manager a shot and see what happens. Thanks for the help

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - eg4190 - 2012-09-23

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I just can't get a mixed TV-and-movie channel to work. I want to have a zombie-only channel (called Braaains!) that plays zombie movies and Walking Dead episodes. So, I created two playlists, Zombie Movies and Zombie Shows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Zombie Movies</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="plot" operator="contains">zombie</rule>
<rule field="plot" operator="contains">re-animat</rule>
<rule field="plot" operator="contains">reanimat</rule>
<rule field="title" operator="is">Deadgirl</rule>
<rule field="title" operator="is">28 Weeks Later</rule>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>Zombie Shows</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">The Walking Dead</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Either of those playlists works fine on their own. So, I created the following mixed playlist to combine them:

<smartplaylist type="mixed">
<name>Braaains!</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">Zombie Movies</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">Zombie Shows</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Added that custom playlist as a channel in PseudoTV, and it just won't load. The addon doesn't crash or anything, but there's no Channel 41 in the EPG. This is pretty frustrating -- I even designed a cool logo for my zombie channel. I went through most of this thread, and it seems others have had no problem creating a playlist that did this same thing, so any help would be much appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-09-23

(2012-09-23, 16:16)eg4190 Wrote: Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I just can't get a mixed TV-and-movie channel to work. I want to have a zombie-only channel (called Braaains!) that plays zombie movies and Walking Dead episodes. So, I created two playlists, Zombie Movies and Zombie Shows:

<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Zombie Movies</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="plot" operator="contains">zombie</rule>
<rule field="plot" operator="contains">re-animat</rule>
<rule field="plot" operator="contains">reanimat</rule>
<rule field="title" operator="is">Deadgirl</rule>
<rule field="title" operator="is">28 Weeks Later</rule>
</smartplaylist>

<smartplaylist type="episodes">
<name>Zombie Shows</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="tvshow" operator="is">The Walking Dead</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Either of those playlists works fine on their own. So, I created the following mixed playlist to combine them:

<name>Braaains!</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">Zombie Movies</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">Zombie Shows</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Added that custom playlist as a channel in PseudoTV, and it just won't load. The addon doesn't crash or anything, but there's no Channel 41 in the EPG. This is pretty frustrating -- I even designed a cool logo for my zombie channel. I went through most of this thread, and it seems others have had no problem creating a playlist that did this same thing, so any help would be much appreciated.

Hello,

It is a weird problem within XBMC. Include the ".xsp" extension from your Movies and TV Shows playlists so that you final Mixed Playlist looks like this:

<name>Braaains!</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">Zombie Movies.xsp</rule>
<rule field="playlist" operator="is">Zombie Shows.xsp</rule>
</smartplaylist>

That should fix it for you.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - eg4190 - 2012-09-23

That did it -- amazing! You have made a dream come true today, sir.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Randall Lind - 2012-09-23

I am new to this why are channel 100+ list as 1...when I show the guide in xbmc? Other then that I have no issues in fact this is a dream come true app. I always wanted to have my own TV channels.

1-99 my channel

1.. Movies etc

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - gman3042 - 2012-09-24

random issue i get when i start up pseudotv and get to loading channels notification and the screen freezes and i have to restart xbmc..

here is the debug log

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9218

any ideas?