Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mapelgleaf - 2012-10-02

eg4190 -

BRILLIANT solution to a problem many of us have had. Just wanted to give my thanks as a reader and also a thank you for a good idea (Bat-Channel) Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - phreaq - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-01, 21:41)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2012-10-01, 19:55)phreaq Wrote: ... trying to add a 'directory', as it's not an option for me to select.

...It's the skin you are using that is not displaying some of the options properly.

yup, that's it, thanks!!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - thebearnecessit - 2012-10-02

eg4109, thanks for taking the time to post.

That helped a lot. Anther way to deal with it would be to use the 'only play unwatched' option and mark a few series (of the programme that is in the channel too much) as watched.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spanktastic2120 - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-01, 17:51)eg4190 Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: too many of one show on a channel - my smarty playlist is showing way more of one show than the others because there are simply so many episodes of that show in my library, is there any way of getting a smart playlist to show a more even spread?

There's a pretty intuitive workaround for this. I stumbled upon it when I was creating my Bat-Channel, which alternates Batman movies with episodes from all of the TV series. The problem, of course, is that there have only been about 7 or 8 Batman movies including cartoons, but there are hundreds of Batman episodes. My first version of the custom playlist didn't take this into account, and as a result the channel was all TV episodes -- the movies had about a 1-in-50 chance of being played at any given time.

Creating a mixed movie/tv playlist requires that you first make separate playlists for movies and TV shows, then combine them into one mixed playlist. So, my solution to the Batman problem was to limit the number of episodes in the TV playlist to 10 random episodes, but to place no similar limit for Batman movies. The result is that the channel now has about a 50/50 chance of playing a movie or TV show at any given time.

So, if you want to have an Animated Sitcom channel, and you're only getting Simpsons episodes and hardly any Clerks episodes, you can use the same solution. First, create a Simpsons.xsp file that pulls 25 random episodes, then point to that (instead of the entire series) in your Animated Sitcom.xsp file. That will level out the playing field between The Simpsons and other shows that have fewer episodes. You can do this for any long-running series that make up the channel.

I thought this would be a good solution as well but never bothered to try it because the documentation says it wouldnt work.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Smart_Playlist#Combining_Playlists
Im glad somebody did though because its a serious problem on a lot my channels, good work.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2012-10-05

Hi
i found a problem.
my animation channel was rather thin but since i had more than 300 movies it was kind of weird.

seems that if a movie has a genre of "animation" only than it will be populated.
but if it is "family/animation" than it wont.

can this be the reason?
i know in TV channels i cant get only one show in one channel but it will show up in every channel that has its genre.
why doesnt it work in movies?

thanks
(2012-10-01, 21:41)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2012-10-01, 19:55)phreaq Wrote: Hi folks,

I'm using version 2.1.0 in XBMC Eden, and I'm having an issue in the channel configuration when trying to add a 'directory', as it's not an option for me to select.

I do have the following options; Custom Playlist, TV Network, Movie Studio, TV Genre, Movie Genre, Mixed Genre, TV Show, TV Show (listed twice, without a TV Show Picker), and None.

I suspect the issue is with the second 'TV Show', as nothing happens when I select it and try and press 'ok'.

Any thoughts? (I did a search of this thread already, but couldn't find anything).

Image Image

I've had this problem. It's the skin you are using that is not displaying some of the options properly. I usually switch to confluence when I need to work on pseudotv.

had the same problem with the transparentcy skin.
go into the main addon folder (not the one under userdata)
go to the skin.transparancy and intpo the 720 folders

there are 3 pseudo tv files (configuration, epg and osd)

just delete the configuration one

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - thebearnecessit - 2012-10-06

I'm on season 3 of dexter and I want a channel that always plays the most recent unwatched episode.

This is working fine until pseudotv crashes when I have watched all the episodes and I put it onto my dexter channel.

I quite frequently have watched all of the episodes because I only download them a few at a time.

Is there anyway I can use the rule "only played unwatched items" but not have pseudotv crash when it finds that there are no unwatched episodes to show?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - thebearnecessit - 2012-10-06

ez1976,

That worked a treat mate thanks.

Unfortunately I have just switched to the Neon skin. I have similar problems configuring pseudotv using neon, but cant find any pseudotv files in the skins 720 folder.

Don't suppose you know a magic way off fixing it in neon too? Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2012-10-06

well the issue is only with the skin so try and find a file that has a pseudo reference.

this was confirmed by jason so i am guessing the guidelines are the same

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - tommymsw - 2012-10-09

This is the best addon period!

Can anybody help me with this though... I would like a different skin for the guide and I am a little confused. Is it not select-able or changeable and it is just determined by your XBMC skin? As in one PTV skin per XBMC skin? I have Aeon MQ4 and I love it, but I wish the skin for PTV in it was better.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - thebearnecessit - 2012-10-09

(2012-10-09, 07:33)tommymsw Wrote: This is the best addon period!

Can anybody help me with this though... I would like a different skin for the guide and I am a little confused. Is it not select-able or changeable and it is just determined by your XBMC skin? As in one PTV skin per XBMC skin? I have Aeon MQ4 and I love it, but I wish the skin for PTV in it was better.

Yeah there is only one pseudo look in each xbmc skin.

in a separate note I've realised that in my chosen xbmc skin (quartz) xbmc crashes when I exit pseudo using the stop button. Nothing crashes and everything is fine when I exit using the escape button.

Here is my log, can anyone see any clues/info?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10264

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - tommymsw - 2012-10-10

This is not a huge deal, but I wanted to note it. When PTV is playing, if I wait a show or two, the ENTER button no longer brings up the program guide. It brings up the play menu screen. If I want to change channels, I have to quit and restart PTV. I use the skin MQ4. But had the problem on MQ3 as well.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Dezzorex - 2012-10-11

I just installed this addon, and gotta say I love it. But I have a problem with the overlay and the settings screen. They are WAY off screen. They basically disappear into the right side of the screen. Ive tried different skins and different screen resolutions, none of which makes any difference. Anyone else experienced this?

Also if I choose a show in the EPG, and hit ENTER, it chooses something completely different...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spanktastic2120 - 2012-10-11

(2012-10-10, 21:41)tommymsw Wrote: This is not a huge deal, but I wanted to note it. When PTV is playing, if I wait a show or two, the ENTER button no longer brings up the program guide. It brings up the play menu screen. If I want to change channels, I have to quit and restart PTV. I use the skin MQ4. But had the problem on MQ3 as well.

I have this problem as well but only if the content streams from some remote source like through Free Cable or 1Channel, if the channel im watching only plays local files that ive downloaded then the problem never arises. I think it has something to do with the remote streams having multiple steps to do before it can play the file and it messing with the playlist.

Do you have the problem for all files or is it the same as mine?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - tommymsw - 2012-10-11

(2012-10-11, 00:48)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 21:41)tommymsw Wrote: This is not a huge deal, but I wanted to note it. When PTV is playing, if I wait a show or two, the ENTER button no longer brings up the program guide. It brings up the play menu screen. If I want to change channels, I have to quit and restart PTV. I use the skin MQ4. But had the problem on MQ3 as well.

I have this problem as well but only if the content streams from some remote source like through Free Cable or 1Channel, if the channel im watching only plays local files that ive downloaded then the problem never arises. I think it has something to do with the remote streams having multiple steps to do before it can play the file and it messing with the playlist.

Do you have the problem for all files or is it the same as mine?

I don't stream anything on mine. Unless watching the shows from a NAS counts? They are coming off of a networked drive (every show), but the OSD works fine for a while, and then just stops.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Disco2disco - 2012-10-11

Hi,

I'm loving PseudoTV but I have a few questions (sorry if they have already been asked but this thread is really long, has anyone thought about opening a sub forum just for PseudoTV?),

Is there any way to add a streaming channel to pseudotv? Specifically a news channel like ABC news Australia? News is the one thing I want to watch live.

Is there any way to set up a channel of Mp3's? It'd be nice to have a 'radio channel' as my music video collection is pretty limited.

Is there any way to change the icon that displays for the next show from the exclamation point to the dvd cover art?

Is there a way to get idents to play inbetween shows? A lot of my shows have the credits cut off, I'd like to have a short video there just to break the shows up.

Is there a way to get a channel to play more than one movie genre? I don't have a lot of sci-fi or action movies so I'd like them to just play on one channel.

Thanks for all the work, this is a great application.