Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - CHINCB - 2012-10-21

(2012-10-18, 20:46)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 13:54)CHINCB Wrote: I am still having the problem with saving new rules, or removing old rules, please assist...

Are we supposed to guess at what you have done so far? what your setup is? what skin you are using? etcHuh??

My crystal ball says that you have done something wrong somewhere.

Mark

I am running eden on windows 7 with the default script.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - xkudeki - 2012-10-21

So can anyone help me with my question?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - keibertz - 2012-10-21

i hope there will be a Frodo Version ...
@Rastan i will test your workaround

EDIT: I have deleted the following lines from default.py
Quote: if xbmc.executehttpapi("GetGuiSetting(1, services.webserver)")[4:] == "False":
try:
forcedserver = REAL_SETTINGS.getSetting("ForcedWebServer") == "True"
except:
forcedserver = False

if forcedserver == False:
dlg = xbmcgui.Dialog()
retval = dlg.yesno('PseudoTV', 'PseudoTV will run more efficiently with the web', 'server enabled. Would you like to turn it on?')
REAL_SETTINGS.setSetting("ForcedWebServer", "True")

if retval:
xbmc.executehttpapi("SetGUISetting(3, services.webserverport, 8152)")
xbmc.executehttpapi("SetGUISetting(1, services.webserver, true)")
dlg.ok('PseudoTV', 'XBMC needs to shutdown in order to apply the', 'changes.')
xbmc.executebuiltin("RestartApp()")
shouldrestart = True

For its working fine now with XBMC Frodo

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-10-22

(2012-10-21, 18:06)keibertz Wrote: i hope there will be a Frodo Version ...
@Rastan i will test your workaround

EDIT: I have deleted the following lines from default.py
Quote: if xbmc.executehttpapi("GetGuiSetting(1, services.webserver)")[4:] == "False":
try:
forcedserver = REAL_SETTINGS.getSetting("ForcedWebServer") == "True"
except:
forcedserver = False

if forcedserver == False:
dlg = xbmcgui.Dialog()
retval = dlg.yesno('PseudoTV', 'PseudoTV will run more efficiently with the web', 'server enabled. Would you like to turn it on?')
REAL_SETTINGS.setSetting("ForcedWebServer", "True")

if retval:
xbmc.executehttpapi("SetGUISetting(3, services.webserverport, 8152)")
xbmc.executehttpapi("SetGUISetting(1, services.webserver, true)")
dlg.ok('PseudoTV', 'XBMC needs to shutdown in order to apply the', 'changes.')
xbmc.executebuiltin("RestartApp()")
shouldrestart = True

For its working fine now with XBMC Frodo

I'm glad you got it working on Frodo too Wink

I have got my fingers crossed that there will be an update to get PTV compatible with Frodo as I have no idea what the code I deleted was supposed to do in the first place. I am sure it was put there by Jason for a reason.

Thanks to Aenima99x for the quick fix and thanks to Jason for the wonderful addon Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - zonoz - 2012-10-22

(2012-10-19, 18:09)Aenima99x Wrote: Running PseudoTv on frodo git nightlies and getting script errors when trying to launch. Any ideas?
08:50:50 T:2747267952 INFO: Python script stopped.....

.......** EDIT ** - Was able to workaround this by commenting out webserver checks in the default.py.

can anyone check if ptv will start after pc(while xbmc running) wakes from sleep with this workaround?
I never had problem with ptv starting in frodo, until after pc slept. This was the only thing stopping me from using frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - misternolegs - 2012-10-22

(2012-10-20, 05:37)D-MaxPWR Wrote: I have been having this same problem for a few months now ever since I set up my Pseudo Tv and I can't get anyone to solve this. Jason did add a time delay type option on a recent nightly build but it did nothing for me besides delay the time it took to hangs channels :/ I'm on a Mac as well and all my videos stores on a external HD I was hoping maybe it was the lag time between the external and the computer via USB? Other than that this issue seems to be ignored unfortunately Sad

Yea this issue seems to be ignored. I have the same setup as you (Mac with files on external HD, etc)

For the heck of it, installed everything on an old Windows 7 laptop and put the same HD in it that was in my Mac. No audio popping. So it seems like this is an issue that Pseudo TV is having with the Mac.

Then for a little bit of testing, I moved a few folders off of the iMac's external onto the desktop and made some channels from those so they were running straight from the Mac... still lots of extremely loud popping.

I guess at this point, I am trying to figure out what to do. Two options and I would love to hear some opinion:

1) Original "easy" idea was to stream XBMC/PTV from my Mac onto an Apple TV downstairs using Airplay. This is the preferred, girlfriend-friendly option since she's all about ATV. BUT we sold our ATV so I can't really do any testing. Would I be able to mute the Mac upstairs so that the popping isn't messing with my speakers (and so we don't keep hear it echoing from upstairs)? And secondly, if I were to successfully mute the Mac but still Airplay down to the ATV, would this crazy loud popping sound be sent down to my TV via Airplay? It's pretty deal-breaking, it's that bad. Been using it in my office and hitting mute whenever I changed channels, but really would kind of destroy the whole channel-flipping appeal of PTV if that popping followed us downstairs to the TV.

2) Then of course the second option is to repurpose my old Windows 7 laptop into a stand alone HTPC. Which would obviously work, but would turn into a pretty big point of contention since the laptop is pretty huge and would take up a lot of space on our media center.... aka not aesthetic friendly aka a major point of contention for my aesthetic-minded girlfriend, and therefore me by proxy.

Thoughts? Has there really been no word/fix on this Mac audio popping issue? Does anyone have experience using PTV via Airplay, and if so does the popping sound follow down through the Airplay?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jamie - 2012-10-22

Fantastic plugin! It may be the killer app for us to finally cut cable Smile THANK YOU!

One wish would be to be able to run this from a central server. I'm in the process of installing XBMC on multiple TV's in the house and it would be fantastic to be able to have the exact same guide powering all the devices so that if I move from the living room to the kitchen, I would be able to pick right back up where I was in the living room... I don't suppose it is possible? Wink

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-10-22

(2012-10-22, 19:52)Jamie Wrote: Fantastic plugin! It may be the killer app for us to finally cut cable Smile THANK YOU!

One wish would be to be able to run this from a central server. I'm in the process of installing XBMC on multiple TV's in the house and it would be fantastic to be able to have the exact same guide powering all the devices so that if I move from the living room to the kitchen, I would be able to pick right back up where I was in the living room... I don't suppose it is possible? Wink

You can currently do that with PTV.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jamie - 2012-10-22

(2012-10-22, 20:30)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 19:52)Jamie Wrote: Fantastic plugin! It may be the killer app for us to finally cut cable Smile THANK YOU!

Mark
No kidding?!? Dang, okay, guess I'm going to have to dive into this application a bit more! Can you point me in the direction of a manual or instructions on how to set that aspect up??

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-10-23

(2012-10-22, 21:51)Jamie Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 20:30)mwkurt Wrote:

Mark
No kidding?!? Dang, okay, guess I'm going to have to dive into this application a bit more! Can you point me in the direction of a manual or instructions on how to set that aspect up??

Sure...start here: http://pseudo-tv.blogspot.com/

That should get you started.
Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2012-10-23

Jamie, take a look here as well:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127492

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - keibertz - 2012-10-23

(2012-10-22, 02:35)zonoz Wrote:
(2012-10-19, 18:09)Aenima99x Wrote: Running PseudoTv on frodo git nightlies and getting script errors when trying to launch. Any ideas?
08:50:50 T:2747267952 INFO: Python script stopped.....

.......** EDIT ** - Was able to workaround this by commenting out webserver checks in the default.py.

can anyone check if ptv will start after pc(while xbmc running) wakes from sleep with this workaround?
I never had problem with ptv starting in frodo, until after pc slept. This was the only thing stopping me from using frodo.
Tested ptv after hibernate yesterday and it works fine.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - pdc86 - 2012-10-24

(2012-07-18, 06:07)jackandjohn Wrote:
(2012-07-18, 02:17)farr3ll Wrote: I want to start fresh with pseudotv i.e. remove database entries, network thumbs etc.. does anyone know where the database is stored? Also, if it is deleted, will it be recreated automatically?

If you do not have channel sharing enabled, then the data is stored in userdata > addon_data > script.pseudotv

If you delete everything there, it will re-generate the channels based on your library (meaning it will create an action channel, a documentary channel, a romance channel, etc).

Thanks for this answer!

pdc

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - dkplayaclub - 2012-10-24

OK. I am sure this has been asked before, but the sheer number of posts here makes just asking so much easier. I use video add-ons that add video to my library via .strm files. Since they are in my library, they show up in my EPG on PseudoTV, but when one of them loads I am kicked out of PsuedoTV. The video will play fine, it just goes back to normal XBMC and PseudoTV crashes.

Is there any way I can prevent this from happening? PseudoTV is one of my favorite add-ons and making this work would be a huge plus. If PseudoTV does not support .strm files, is there a way I can tell it not to include those files?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - D-MaxPWR - 2012-10-24

(2012-10-22, 14:15)misternolegs Wrote:
(2012-10-20, 05:37)D-MaxPWR Wrote: I have been having this same problem for a few months now ever since I set up my Pseudo Tv and I can't get anyone to solve this. Jason did add a time delay type option on a recent nightly build but it did nothing for me besides delay the time it took to hangs channels :/ I'm on a Mac as well and all my videos stores on a external HD I was hoping maybe it was the lag time between the external and the computer via USB? Other than that this issue seems to be ignored unfortunately Sad

Yea this issue seems to be ignored. I have the same setup as you (Mac with files on external HD, etc)

For the heck of it, installed everything on an old Windows 7 laptop and put the same HD in it that was in my Mac. No audio popping. So it seems like this is an issue that Pseudo TV is having with the Mac.

Then for a little bit of testing, I moved a few folders off of the iMac's external onto the desktop and made some channels from those so they were running straight from the Mac... still lots of extremely loud popping.

I guess at this point, I am trying to figure out what to do. Two options and I would love to hear some opinion:

1) Original "easy" idea was to stream XBMC/PTV from my Mac onto an Apple TV downstairs using Airplay. This is the preferred, girlfriend-friendly option since she's all about ATV. BUT we sold our ATV so I can't really do any testing. Would I be able to mute the Mac upstairs so that the popping isn't messing with my speakers (and so we don't keep hear it echoing from upstairs)? And secondly, if I were to successfully mute the Mac but still Airplay down to the ATV, would this crazy loud popping sound be sent down to my TV via Airplay? It's pretty deal-breaking, it's that bad. Been using it in my office and hitting mute whenever I changed channels, but really would kind of destroy the whole channel-flipping appeal of PTV if that popping followed us downstairs to the TV.

2) Then of course the second option is to repurpose my old Windows 7 laptop into a stand alone HTPC. Which would obviously work, but would turn into a pretty big point of contention since the laptop is pretty huge and would take up a lot of space on our media center.... aka not aesthetic friendly aka a major point of contention for my aesthetic-minded girlfriend, and therefore me by proxy.

Thoughts? Has there really been no word/fix on this Mac audio popping issue? Does anyone have experience using PTV via Airplay, and if so does the popping sound follow down through the Airplay?

I actually did some testing this weekend too and sure enough, my pseudo tv doen't pop when I boot into my Windows 7 partition within my mac! So its definitely a software side issue with xbmc/pseudo tv and OSX Hmmm....Huh