Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Amelandbor - 2012-12-04

Can't really see something, what you could try is delete the cache folder (C:\Users\Strongarm\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv). But maybe copy it somewhere else first because I don't know how much harm it does (should do nothing but just to be sure).

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 13:49)Amelandbor Wrote: Can't really see something, what you could try is delete the cache folder (C:\Users\Strongarm\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv). But maybe copy it somewhere else first because I don't know how much harm it does (should do nothing but just to be sure).

I thought of that too and have been doing so since my last post. PTV seems to have trouble populating the channels that it is building.

It says:

Updating channel 33
adding videos

added *** entries <--- I can see this number keep reseting and starting again

I know it is having problems because it should not take anywhere near how long it has been building these default settings channels. I could try posting the debug log but it is getting really big. Right now it is 22 mb and rising. Thanks for trying all the same. I have a feeling PTV needs some serious code changes to work on Frodo.

EDIT*

PTV has finished building the channels and still is not playing any files Sad

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - butterkitty - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 12:24)SOME1 Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 03:13)somekindahate Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 16:37)jurm Wrote: Likewise, didn't work for me either

This method worked for me on Ubuntu 11.10 with Frodo Beta 2.

for me it's worked on ubuntu 12.10 running frodo beta1.
maybe it's not working for windows users?

I actually run windows 7 64 bit and have it running using the download fix.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-12-05

Thanks Amelandbor for trouble-shooting earlier and everyone else. I have narrowed it down by removing all my addons and found the culpruit giving me the problem. Turns out it was the Trakt script. So anyone out there having problems on Windows make sure you have uninstalled trakt!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 01:38)Rastan Wrote: Thanks Amelandbor for trouble-shooting earlier and everyone else. I have narrowed it down by removing all my addons and found the culpruit giving me the problem. Turns out it was the Trakt script. So anyone out there having problems on Windows make sure you have uninstalled trakt!

This problem was brought up over a year ago Smile but thanks for re-posting...
Also watchlist script causes problems with PTV (but not everyone reports problems)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Euphemism - 2012-12-06

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I had pseudotv up and running and all was awesome with the world. So I started playing around with it, adding channels from playlists, etc. So I just added a few channels from directories, I checked off the box for it to refresh all the channels, and restarted the app. It goes through all the channels populating them, and then stops right at 179. When I try to cancel it, it says it is canceling, but again it just sits there.

I must have screwed the channel set up badly. Is there any other way of getting a fresh go? I don't mind redoing all the channels, but right now I am effectively locked out of using it.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - butterkitty - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-06, 01:12)Euphemism Wrote: I hope this is the right place to ask this. I had pseudotv up and running and all was awesome with the world. So I started playing around with it, adding channels from playlists, etc. So I just added a few channels from directories, I checked off the box for it to refresh all the channels, and restarted the app. It goes through all the channels populating them, and then stops right at 179. When I try to cancel it, it says it is canceling, but again it just sits there.

I must have screwed the channel set up badly. Is there any other way of getting a fresh go? I don't mind redoing all the channels, but right now I am effectively locked out of using it.

As far as I know, you can delete the plugin cache in "userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv" and restart the script.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Euphemism - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-06, 01:43)butterkitty Wrote:
(2012-12-06, 01:12)Euphemism Wrote: I hope this is the right place to ask this. I had pseudotv up and running and all was awesome with the world. So I started playing around with it, adding channels from playlists, etc. So I just added a few channels from directories, I checked off the box for it to refresh all the channels, and restarted the app. It goes through all the channels populating them, and then stops right at 179. When I try to cancel it, it says it is canceling, but again it just sits there.

As far as I know, you can delete the plugin cache in "userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv" and restart the script.

Thanks for the help. Lost a couple, but everything else looks good. Thanks again.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - grope - 2012-12-07

Does anyone use Psuedotv on the raspberry pi?

It was working fine until the update to frodo and now with the fix, it just says that it was unable to populate the media even though it's all scraped via SMB

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - somekindahate - 2012-12-07

(2012-12-07, 20:11)grope Wrote: Does anyone use Psuedotv on the raspberry pi?

It was working fine until the update to frodo and now with the fix, it just says that it was unable to populate the media even though it's all scraped via SMB

I had this same problem on Ubuntu. I ended up mounting all of my smb shares which fixed the problem for me.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Euphemism - 2012-12-08

I am not sure if I mentioned this yet or not, but I freaking love this addon. Thank you so much to everyone that has worked on it to make it happen.

I was wondering though, as I was going through editing and adding some channels, would it be possible on the movie channels to have it set up so that before it plays movieX, it plays trailerX as a commercial? So you can get excited for the movie about to play? Any chance?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2012-12-08

(2012-12-07, 23:12)somekindahate Wrote:
(2012-12-07, 20:11)grope Wrote: Does anyone use Psuedotv on the raspberry pi?

I had this same problem on Ubuntu. I ended up mounting all of my smb shares which fixed the problem for me.

What do you mean 'mounting all of my smb shares' btw?

How is this done on the pi?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Vaneshi - 2012-12-09

(2012-12-08, 13:59)jurm Wrote: What do you mean 'mounting all of my smb shares' btw?

He means bypassing XBMC's inbuilt ability to hunt for shares on other machines with static mount points managed by the OS itself; my personal experience is that XBMC does tend to... not necessarily behave itself when left to mount things itself.

'Pi' isn't a very good descriptor to help; yes I know what a Raspberry Pi is however it is a good idea to say what software you are running: Openelec, Rasbian.. RasBMC, Arch for ARM or whatever.

For everything bar OpenELEC you can just throw stuff in /etc/fstab, reboot and it'll mount them up for you. OpenELEC you'll need to create the autostart.sh script in the /storage/.settings directory and add the various mount -t smbfs statements you need.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - RockDawg - 2012-12-09

(2012-11-24, 15:10)mwkurt Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 06:18)xecutionx Wrote:
(2012-11-24, 03:39)boccman Wrote: Ditto

+2

From a link on the first page of this thread: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=jeiVLZ3Fontic0LzK8EJLIh_vQdRzVfzk3o8m1-t7YhGPQWEBC1aXGKaYju&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d0b7e678a25d883d0fa72c947f193f8fd

Don't know if it would help though. I think he would have been updating PTV if he had the time, not that I know what is going on with him. I do wish he would comeback.

Mark

Thanks! Not sure how I missed it. Even if it doesn't or can't prompt an upgrade, he deserves it for the enjoyment I've got out of PTV for this long and all the hard work he's put into to it to date.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2012-12-09

(2012-12-09, 00:48)Vaneshi Wrote:
(2012-12-08, 13:59)jurm Wrote: What do you mean 'mounting all of my smb shares' btw?

He means bypassing XBMC's inbuilt ability to hunt for shares on other machines with static mount points managed by the OS itself; my personal experience is that XBMC does tend to... not necessarily behave itself when left to mount things itself.

'Pi' isn't a very good descriptor to help; yes I know what a Raspberry Pi is however it is a good idea to say what software you are running: Openelec, Rasbian.. RasBMC, Arch for ARM or whatever.

For everything bar OpenELEC you can just throw stuff in /etc/fstab, reboot and it'll mount them up for you. OpenELEC you'll need to create the autostart.sh script in the /storage/.settings directory and add the various mount -t smbfs statements you need.

It's raspbmc RC5

NFS is at 192.168.0.6 and smb is at Admin-PC with username and pass as xbmc if you could help me with what to put into /etc/fstab