Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2012-12-11

(2012-11-22, 15:08)galactus84 Wrote: My intent was also to show an image besides the text, but that would need additional coding that's beyond me. The current code reads the title, description, path + file name of the video from the playlist file. I'm quite sure that you'll have to write a whole new rule in "Rules.py" that can be used for displaying images other than the channel logos.

With this in place, we could ditch VideoPlayer.Cover in script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml. And have the correct cover or fanart displayed when cycling thru previous or upcoming items.

Jason102 - I believe the change Galactus84 made (mentioned in the quote above) is a nice addition. It would be great to see it in the main build.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - D-MaxPWR - 2012-12-12

Anybody have a prob where if you change the channel it just keeps cycling through the same 3-4 channels even though I have 60+? Also sometimes I hit the guide button and it just freezes (video still playing in the background) and I can only force quit xbmc. Confused

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2012-12-12

Is there a way of putting a 2 second gap between episodes in each channel? I'm using SMB to play the videos and if it tries to play the next episode immediately, I get a black screen

-edit- the newest frodo/raspbmc nightly release has fixed this, wasn't a psuedotv or smb problem

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - D-MaxPWR - 2012-12-13

(2012-12-12, 13:18)jurm Wrote: Is there a way of putting a 2 second gap between episodes in each channel? I'm using SMB to play the videos and if it tries to play the next episode immediately, I get a black screen

The latest development version has an option to add time between changes try that Nod

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2012-12-13

(2012-12-12, 13:18)jurm Wrote: Is there a way of putting a 2 second gap between episodes in each channel? I'm using SMB to play the videos and if it tries to play the next episode immediately, I get a black screen

I don't think it's possible to do what your asking... without completely rewriting the way PTV works! are you asking for PTV to buffer the next queue two seconds before the current show ends?

PTV is just a fancy playlist player... All PTV can do is play videos one at a time based on a playlist.

I would try increasing your Hard drive access speeds (maybe cache, new hard drive, raid, etc) and I would tweak your network make sure you have a gigabit LAN setup...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spyder - 2012-12-13

You might be able to make commercial bumpers between every show on every channel. I've never setup the commercials, but I know there is an option for them. You could make a 3 second blank "commercial" stored on the local drive and see if that helps. I think you should solve your SMB issues though, I've never had problems like that from my setup (not sure what OS you're using though)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - JAebox - 2012-12-13

(2012-12-03, 12:05)SOME1 Wrote: in frodo this addon has some problems.
one of them is that it's not starting.
many users found this solution as temporary solution.

^ This fixed PTV in frodo for me. Frodo RC1 on ATV2. TY!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - LakersFan - 2012-12-14

Do you guys know if there is an alternative that is similar to PseudoTV?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-12-14

For those using Frodo and having problems with EPG speed, have you tried beta 3 or rc1? There was a speed issue fixed.

Also: for someone with a Rasperri Pi, what resolution are you running with? I've heard that there is an issue with the config window being off the side of the screen and I'm trying to find some reasonable explanation for it.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2012-12-15

(2012-12-14, 23:45)Jason102 Wrote: For those using Frodo and having problems with EPG speed, have you tried beta 3 or rc1? There was a speed issue fixed.

Also: for someone with a Rasperri Pi, what resolution are you running with? I've heard that there is an issue with the config window being off the side of the screen and I'm trying to find some reasonable explanation for it.

Is there a PTV release for Frodo available Jason?

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-12-15

(2012-12-14, 23:45)Jason102 Wrote: For those using Frodo and having problems with EPG speed, have you tried beta 3 or rc1? There was a speed issue fixed.

Hi Jason, I am using RC1 on Windows. The scroll speed isn't that bad on my PC which has the files local, but what does make it seem worse for me is the blinking/redrawing when you scroll. On my downstairs PC which streams the files via ethernet the PTV EPG lags more so, PTV on Eden was much faster for me at least.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - zepfan - 2012-12-15

This thread feels like we're getting the band back together! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - fatherb - 2012-12-15

Hi all

Can anyone help please? I'm trying to get pseudoTV working on an apple tv 2 running Eden version of XBMC. When it starts it appears to go through the channels and add entries to a database (at least that is what it appears to be saying on screen), then it says 'Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details.' I push OK, and it goes back to the home screen and then says 'Exiting, Stopping Threads' and unloads whatever it did to begin with.

I have no idea where to look for a log file.

I haven't changed any of the configuration entries at all. Just downloaded and installed straight from the program add-ons section. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on but that didn't affect it.

Anything else I can try?

SOLVED -

Wouldn't you know it? Spent days trying to fix this and then 15 minutes after posting this I finally figure it out.
I installed the xbmc log uploader add-on and checked a log. Turns out I was very confused how Pseudo TV worked. I thought it was all live streams but it in fact pulls information from my NAS which was turned off hence it couldn't find anything. Have just downloaded Milkman's guide so will give that a thorough read through before I ask any more stupid questions.

Sorry for bothering all.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Vaneshi - 2012-12-15

Interestingly enough this is what it's spitting out for TV Network "BBC One" in RC1 of Frodo.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>BBC One</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

This is what it's spitting out in Eden

Code:
    <name>BBC One</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Ashes to Ashes</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Blake's 7</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Dad's Army</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Doctor Who (2005)</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Exile</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Hunted</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Life on Mars</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Outcasts</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Pioneer One</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Sherlock</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">The Tripods</rule>
</smartplaylist>

For some reason it's either failing to build the rules or can't find tvshow of that network, I am currently not sure why. However "Find all new things in last 10 days" does work and generate a m3u file as expected so it's not a complete failure of how PTV deals with playlists. I'll try making playlists that hunt for the TV Networks instead and see if that works.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-12-15

(2012-12-15, 16:43)Vaneshi Wrote: Interestingly enough this is what it's spitting out for TV Network "BBC One" in RC1 of Frodo.

Code:
    <name>BBC One</name>
    <match>one</match>
</smartplaylist>

This is what it's spitting out in Eden

Code:
    <name>BBC One</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Ashes to Ashes</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Blake's 7</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Dad's Army</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Doctor Who (2005)</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Exile</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Hunted</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Life on Mars</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Outcasts</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Pioneer One</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">Sherlock</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="is">The Tripods</rule>
</smartplaylist>

For some reason it's either failing to build the rules or can't find tvshow of that network, I am currently not sure why. However "Find all new things in last 10 days" does work and generate a m3u file as expected so it's not a complete failure of how PTV deals with playlists. I'll try making playlists that hunt for the TV Networks instead and see if that works.

I noticed this issue too and was stumped until I came across your post. I tried your suggestion of creating a playlist for the TV network and it does indeed work. Thanks for the tip, hopefully Jason can take a look when he gets a moment.