Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rflores2323 - 2012-12-16

Can this work with video addons content like icefilms and 1channel? Or only locally stored content

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - SERBDVB - 2012-12-16

this is great , i'm new to xbmc and everything is working fine it was very easy to figure out the only thing that is not working is this addon PseodoTV.I'm from Toronto Canada , can i get this in Canada or it's only for USA , and how do i configure this because looks very very good
I'm sorry maybe this is not section where I'm suppose to asking qestions
Little help will be good , thank you so much , keep up good work

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - zepfan - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-16, 23:21)SERBDVB Wrote: this is great , i'm new to xbmc and everything is working fine it was very easy to figure out the only thing that is not working is this addon PseodoTV.I'm from Toronto Canada , can i get this in Canada or it's only for USA , and how do i configure this because looks very very good
I'm sorry maybe this is not section where I'm suppose to asking qestions
Little help will be good , thank you so much , keep up good work

This plugin doesn't stream video, it makes "channels" with your locally stored media to simulate TV stations. Hope that helps a bit.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - SERBDVB - 2012-12-17

oooooo, OK thank you so much for fast reply , it's all god now :-)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2012-12-17

Is there a way I can sync the channels between multiple devices?

My main windows running computer has the external hard drive attached to it, while my pi running raspbmc has the external harddrive mounted via SMB. I'd like both to be playing the same things if possible

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rflores2323 - 2012-12-17

Is there anyway to show streams also for movies or tvshows from other addons? like icefilms or 1channel? Or can you only show your local content? Does anyone have this working on an atv2?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Vaneshi - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-17, 16:51)jurm Wrote: Is there a way I can sync the channels between multiple devices?

My main windows running computer has the external hard drive attached to it, while my pi running raspbmc has the external harddrive mounted via SMB. I'd like both to be playing the same things if possible

In mixed OS situations syncing is often tricky (if it were all Windows or all *NIX things get easier). If you can simulate the exact same file structure you could make /userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv/cache a symlink to somewhere on your media store and have both versions use it; as you're only setting the cache to be shared one machine can have a slightly different configuration so it generates the playlists and the other is set to never do this.

Might work.

Whilst pseudotv does have a 'share channels' option (and I've tried enabling it) nothing ever gets sent to the directory I select (despite it being 777'd)... I assume that feature doesn't work in Frodo for some reason (or I'm not configuring it correctly).

In semi-technical terms the problem you need to work around is the m3u file's on Windows containing this

Code:
Z:\video\Television\Dads Army\Dads.Army.S01E01.m4v

and the Pi's will have

Code:
/storage/video/Dads Army/Dads.Army.S01E01.m4v

Once BOTH systems have the same structure you'll be good to go.

(2012-12-17, 17:14)rflores2323 Wrote: Is there anyway to show streams also for movies or tvshows from other addons? like icefilms or 1channel? Or can you only show your local content? Does anyone have this working on an atv2?

From your signature.

Quote:2 x ATV2 (V11.0 Eden)

Should work fine on Eden, most if not all the issues being worked around in this thread are to do with Frodo.

I've seen mention of people feeding it stm files and such for I'd guess streams but the system seems designed for local content only; there is a fork of PTV though that is supposed to have better stream integration though; how well maintained and "Frodo ready" this fork is I've no idea though.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Randall Lind - 2012-12-19

sometimes I get unable to play this channel check log then PseudoTV crashes. I don't see any issues in the log. How would I fix this? I also use PseudoTV Manager so I just loaded that and redid the channel but what causes this?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-12-20

Ok, there's still more work to be done, but PseudoTV starts in Frodo now (stable-pre). I've also changed the EPG code (again)...it's not necessarily faster, but hopefully it's a bit more smooth looking. Try it out.

Included is a patch to properly center the configuration screen in Frodo, which I believe should fix Rasberri Pi's as well. The result is stretched out, but usable. If anyone wants to take a crack at making it look...better...I would appreciate it.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - LakersFan - 2012-12-20

WOW. I'm grateful for the update. This is a brilliant addon and I've been holding off on Frodo for this one reason. Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - User 55003 - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 05:45)Jason102 Wrote: Ok, there's still more work to be done, but PseudoTV starts in Frodo now (stable-pre). I've also changed the EPG code (again)...it's not necessarily faster, but hopefully it's a bit more smooth looking. Try it out.

Included is a patch to properly center the configuration screen in Frodo, which I believe should fix Rasberri Pi's as well. The result is stretched out, but usable. If anyone wants to take a crack at making it look...better...I would appreciate it.

Cheers Jason102, the change to the EPG code is much appreciated and a lot quicker.

As for the centre problem in the config screens and info overlay, I've been using this simple mode with out any adverse affects..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=1262574#pid1262574

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rd1979 - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 07:51)Steveb Wrote: As for the centre problem in the config screens and info overlay, I've been using this simple mode with out any adverse affects..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=1262574#pid1262574

Thanks for the fix, but there is one adverse effect. If you press Info (i), the info overlay comes up, and never fades away. It's so stuck, that at least in Windows, you can press stop, video will stop playing, but its still stuck. Even if you Alt+F4 out of XBMC, but XBMC never really exits, and you have to kill the process. I mean, it is like the old story "Hey doctor when I do this, it hurts, what should I do? Don't do that." but maybe the fix is equally simple.

Either way, thanks for the fix. I can live with this bug, the non-centering was far more annoying.

And of course, Jason, we are not worthy. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 05:45)Jason102 Wrote: Ok, there's still more work to be done, but PseudoTV starts in Frodo now (stable-pre). I've also changed the EPG code (again)...it's not necessarily faster, but hopefully it's a bit more smooth looking. Try it out.

Bravo Jason, I've Just tried the latest and greatest and the EPG looks a LOT smoother. Many thanks for your hard work! I will keep testing and let you know if I find anything not mentioned Blush

Edit: On further testing Trakt works again too. Outstanding!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Sranshaft - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 09:41)rd1979 Wrote: Thanks for the fix, but there is one adverse effect. If you press Info (i), the info overlay comes up, and never fades away. It's so stuck, that at least in Windows, you can press stop, video will stop playing, but its still stuck. Even if you Alt+F4 out of XBMC, but XBMC never really exits, and you have to kill the process. I mean, it is like the old story "Hey doctor when I do this, it hurts, what should I do? Don't do that." but maybe the fix is equally simple.

Fixed this by commented out the following lines in Overlay.py at lines 627-629 and 749-751.

Code:
if xbmc.getCondVisibility('Player.ShowInfo'):
     xbmc.executehttpapi("SendKey(0xF049)")
     self.ignoreInfoAction = True

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2012-12-20

Yea, I know about the overlay thing, that's next on the list to get full Frodo compatibility.

I just don't understand why there are issues with the config window in the first place. XBMC is supposed to handle the conversion from one resolution (720p, what the skin was developed in) and whatever resolution you're actually running. The line self.setCoordinateResolution(1) even tells it that I developed using 720p so it can adjust accordingly. It seems somehow this behavior has changed recently...