Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2013-01-02

mietzekotze: try the latest stable-pre, it fixes the last letter issue. If you still have problems with the EPG, please post a log.

SOME1 and moontan77: are you using channel sharing?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - moontan77 - 2013-01-02

@Jason102,

No i have not used channel sharing option (what exactly does that do?). Share channels with another pc or receive channels from another pc?

On my headless PC where i store my media and run xbmc and mysql to share my linbrary, pseudotv runs ok. So i copied the addon data folder generated on that pc to a client pc (the one i cant get working) and pseudotv works ok (as it didnt have to try generating the channels itself).

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Amelandbor - 2013-01-02

(2012-12-31, 20:41)Jason102 Wrote: You're seeing a problem with pseudotv getting the video duration. It appears to have problems reading the video file to determine what it is. I wouldn't expect to see it using SMBManager with stable-pre, though. I'll see if I have the same problem on my system.
Well I tried the same also on my windows PC and there smb access works. But all of my files in my library are setup through NFS and I would like it to keep that way. NFS from my windows PC also doesn't work.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mdpg - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-02, 03:54)Jason102 Wrote: mietzekotze: try the latest stable-pre, it fixes the last letter issue. If you still have problems with the EPG, please post a log.

@ Jason

confirmed, stable-pre seemed to fix the last letter issue for me.

as for the EPG issue I described, I worked around it with my channel setup not having gaps in beetween of channels,
so I now do the interleaving with channel 1 + 11, 2 + 12, etc. instead of 1 + 991, 2 + 992.

this way the EPG seems to work fine for me.

here's another one:

is there anyway to *significantly* speed up the .m3u file generation somehow?

I configured a TV channel for "sci fi", which would include some 1800 tv episodes.
I know Raspberry Pi does in no way compare to a PC in terms of performance,
but I started channel generation on 2:34p and now, 30 minutes later, it only added
959 episodes and still counting.

So it seems to take some 2 seconds in average per episode.

I have not tried yet on my own, but would this be faster if done from a PC and
then setting PseudoTV up for channel sharing with the PC?

Cheers,
mdpg

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - XvMMvX - 2013-01-02

Any chance to merge the fork adding in live tv streams into the main PsuedoTV? Being able to mix in real channels from my HDHome run into my own content would be tits.

Unfortunatly I have not gotten the fork to work correctly and it still needs to be updated for Frodo.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141656

Re: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - lujon - 2013-01-02

Does pseudotv work under frodo rc2? I can't seem to get any channels to populate, even though my metadata is in pretty good shape.

Where are the log files that people are posting located?

TIA

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Amelandbor - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-02, 16:44)lujon Wrote: Does pseudotv work under frodo rc2? I can't seem to get any channels to populate, even though my metadata is in pretty good shape.

Where are the log files that people are posting located?

TIA

The log files are from the regular xbmc.log

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - truConman - 2013-01-02

First, gotta say I love the idea of turning my library into an organized series of channels, so I have put in a somewhat unhealthy amount of time setting everything up how I want. Sadly I have run into two odd problems which I do not believe should be occurring, as I've somewhat scanned the last few pages and used search without seeing a similar issue.

1. I have gathered a number of bumpers and idents to have on my channels, some of which I cut and modified. Not wanting to bother with any major video editor, I used Windows Movie Maker which only outputs .wmv files. I figured XBMC Frodo RC2 for Windows would not have any problems playing these files, but just to be sure I also converted the files to .mp4 with an FFmpeg GUI. The issue is PsuedoTV refused to play any of these files regardless if I keep them as .wmv or .mp4. The issue is PsuedoTV exclusive, as the files play fine in XBMC if I browse to them. Other .mp4 files I have play fine as well, so the issue could be the conversion process, but the fact that XBMC plays them fine is strange.

2. The other issue is much bigger as I simply cannot interleave any of my channels no matter what. I assumed that the length of the video may be the problem or some setting I may have touched, but under no circumstance does the interleaved content get played. The appropriate title appears on the EPG as if it is going to play next, but the content is simply skipped instead and resumes the actual channel's content. I am not very familiar with log files and how to identify issues, but after trying to figure out the issue myself I can only assume the problem is around here...

PHP Code:
00:55:13 T:5948  NOTICECDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
00:55:13 T:5948 WARNINGCDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
:55:13 T:5948  NOTICEDVDPlayerwaiting for threads to exit
00:55:13 T:5948  NOTICEDVDPlayerfinished waiting
:55:13 T:5848   DEBUGCAESinkDirectSound::CheckPlayStatusResuming Playback
:55:13 T:5948   ERRORCAudioDecoderUnable to Init Codec while loading file smb://READYSHARE/shares/Videos/Bumpers/Animax/ben10test.mp
00:55:13 T:5948 WARNINGPAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx Failed to create the decoder
:55:13 T:5948   ERRORPlaylist Playerskipping unplayable item1path [smb://READYSHARE/shares/Videos/Bumpers/Animax/ben10test.mp]
00:55:13 T:5948   DEBUGCPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(smb://READYSHARE/shares/Videos/TV Series/Justice League/Season 2/Justice League.S02E07.avi) 

I do not know why the 4 in the .mp4 test file is missing, but I think I also tried an .avi file and it was skipped as well. As you can see all my content is through SMB, but I also tried using locally stored files and they were also skipped. I am fairly sure there are other things in the log that are important but I did not want to force anyone to go through an excessively long log file if unnecessary.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2013-01-02

@truConman

Have you tried to map those network directories from your readyshare to whatever computer you are running PTV from and using them as local directories? I do the same as you are trying to do and have no problems with either *.mp4 or *.avi.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Dec64 - 2013-01-02

When i run pseudoTV it tries to create the channels but says it cant find media, and i need to make sure my library is correctly scarped and full of media. My library is full but im using a MySQL setup for my library.

So the question is, does psuedoTV work with MySQL libraries, if so how?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - truConman - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-02, 18:46)mwkurt Wrote: @truConman

Have you tried to map those network directories from your readyshare to whatever computer you are running PTV from and using them as local directories? I do the same as you are trying to do and have no problems with either *.mp4 or *.avi.

Mark

Thanks, I would have never thought to map my READYSHARE to my computer, since I assumed accessing via SMB would suffice. My channels with working content are now interleaving as intended.

Sadly, the Windows Movie Maker bumps and indents I made and converted to .mp4 still are not being recognized. Any other suggestions? Perhaps PseudoTV cannot play .mp4 that are encoded a certain way, nor .wmv files even if XBMC itself plays the same files perfectly fine?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-02, 21:26)truConman Wrote:
(2013-01-02, 18:46)mwkurt Wrote: @truConman

Mark

Thanks, I would have never thought to map my READYSHARE to my computer, since I assumed accessing via SMB would suffice. My channels with working content are now interleaving as intended.

Sadly, the Windows Movie Maker bumps and indents I made and converted to .mp4 still are not being recognized. Any other suggestions? Perhaps PseudoTV cannot play .mp4 that are encoded a certain way, nor .wmv files even if XBMC itself plays the same files perfectly fine?

Try Handbrake, it is free.

Mark

(2013-01-02, 20:23)Dec64 Wrote: When i run pseudoTV it tries to create the channels but says it cant find media, and i need to make sure my library is correctly scarped and full of media. My library is full but im using a MySQL setup for my library.

So the question is, does psuedoTV work with MySQL libraries, if so how?

Thanks.

yes..it works with MySQL. I am using it. Please expand on your setup.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Dec64 - 2013-01-02

i believe i found the issue, my network shares, where all my media is stored, is setup rather annoyingly. Needs a login to access the information hence i found this error.

"ERROR: script.pseudotv-Connection: Couldn't connect to 192.168.0.5 with the name STORAGE, guest /"

is there a way of defining the username/password it uses to connect?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-02, 23:15)Dec64 Wrote: i believe i found the issue, my network shares, where all my media is stored, is setup rather annoyingly. Needs a login to access the information hence i found this error.

"ERROR: script.pseudotv-Connection: Couldn't connect to 192.168.0.5 with the name STORAGE, guest /"

is there a way of defining the username/password it uses to connect?

Have you enabled sharing for everyone on the directories that you have your files in?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - truConman - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-02, 18:46)mwkurt Wrote: Try Handbrake, it is free.

Nice, I was using some pretty good free converters already, but the way Handbrake handles encoding must have done the trick. Several of the newly converted bumps are working fine now and are interleaving fine as well. Some bumps still are not showing up at all, and some channels are not interleaving their bumps, but what I have now is good enough. Can't have everything I suppose. Thanks for the help Mark.