Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2013-01-07

Hmmm, if it's only playing avi and mp4 that might explain why is not playing the 1channel streams since they are Strm files.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Doc Holiday - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 08:23)kurtamery929 Wrote: what format is the show in? i had the same problem with lost because they were all wmv's. pseudo only seems to play avi's and mp4's with frodo

That particular show is all in mkv format. And I am still on Eden.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2013-01-07

If you're using the latest Dev version of pseudo it might still have the file type problem that kurtamery929 mentioned.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - kurtamery929 - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 15:17)Doc Holiday Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 08:23)kurtamery929 Wrote: what format is the show in? i had the same problem with lost because they were all wmv's. pseudo only seems to play avi's and mp4's with frodo

That particular show is all in mkv format. And I am still on Eden.

maybe not then, mkvs seem to play fine for me on pseudo. i just know that wmvs and .webm's definately don't work because i had to convert a bunch of my old music videos. and i think they used to work fine on Eden so not sure what ur problem is

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2013-01-07

Having some problems playing a directory

I have about 20 files in a folder and have selected 'play TV episodes in order' in the advanced settings for the channel but it doesn't seem to be playing the files in order

Is there another way to play the files in filename order?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - zeromancer - 2013-01-08

For some reason when using Pseudo tv it breaks all sound of XBMC
i can't even get sound in a movie after i have left pseudo tv.
i need to go back to the desktop and restart xvmc again to get sound again.

Anyone having this problem ?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - dazedwhiteboy - 2013-01-08

alright so I am still having the problem with getting PseudoTV to work correctly it keeps reporting that it is unable to populate channels please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels I believe I have come to a solution but I need help it seems to not want to work correctly if I have the media connected through SMB or NFS it seems to only work with a mapped drive and unfortunately I have a xbmcunbutu in the living room and I don’t know how to map a drive on it does anyone have a solution to this

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - shakeyjake200 - 2013-01-08

(2013-01-07, 00:10)neilperrya Wrote: Not sure what the deal is, when I change sources.xml and the paths in mysql database to just smb://192.168.1.113 from smb://xbmc:[email protected] it works just fine. If I make the change to get the channels generated, if I change everything back after the channels get generated PseudoTV will still work.

This is my first experience with PseudoTV in years so I'm not sure if it would be wise to try an earlier version of XBMC or PseudoTV in order to get this going.

I have experienced the same issue on Frodo RC 3 on OSX, previously I had been able to fix it by mounting the SMB shares using login details as oppose to guest, however, that stopped working. Even editing the XBMC source file to add the 'SMB://username@password:' prefix didn't solve it.

I have found a solution, all be it a bit of a messy one...

If you edit the SMBFile.py file and manually type in your share login details, it seems to force Pseudo to use that and not guest. The bit you are looking for is: -

Code:
        self.serverip = "Your IP"
        self.hostname = "Your Hostname"
        self.username = 'Username'
        self.password = 'password'

This solved it for me, however, in the logs it seemed to constantly show error after error, to stopped this I just fudged the if error commands with a hash prefix like so: -

Code:
        # if serverip == '' or hostname == '':
            # self.log("Unable to get the IP or hostname for " + str(host), xbmc.LOGERROR)
            # return 0

and

Code:
# if self.connect() == False:
            #     self.dead = True
                # self.log("Couldn't connect to " + self.serverip + " with the name " + self.hostname + ", " + self.username + " / " + self.password, xbmc.LOGERROR)

As I said, very messy, but it works for me!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - TurdCutter - 2013-01-09

I've searched and can't find an answer anywhere.

Does anyone know if I can configure PseudoTV so when it first starts it doesn't automatically play a show? Instead just give have it first open with the EPG only? I'm curious because I use PTV for streams only as I don't have any local content. I'm running Eden on an ATV2.

Thanks in advance for the help!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - scilz - 2013-01-09

i cant get strm files to work with ptv anymore i saw somewhere that it doesnt read those files anymore does anyone have a erlier version of ptv that reads strm files? or know where i can find them

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - TurdCutter - 2013-01-09

Streams have been working for me from 1channel. Just a pain in the ass how when ptv first boots up ya have to pick a stream for a show that you don't know is coming on.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2013-01-09

I noticed you're running Eden Turdcutter. Strm's don't seem to be working in pseudo on frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - scilz - 2013-01-09

im running eden and my strm's are from 1channel plugin they used to work but now they dont i did reinstall xbmc the strm's show up in library play fine but dont even show up in ptv and yes i have play icefilms clicked on in settings also tried turning it on in channel settings tried reinstalling ptv/xbmc tried using playlist,directory ect nothing seems to work the strm files just dont get scanned in my ptv if anyone has a idea to help me that be great
turdcutter u could make a guide channel on channel 1 that way when ptv starts up it takes u to the guide on channel 1 and then u can open the other guide to change to different channel that way it doesn't start up with a stream playing

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2013-01-09

Scilz, if you are running the latest development version then presumably the functionality has been disabled or broken through some of the updates to make it frodo compatible. :-(

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - maly95 - 2013-01-09

Do I have the opportunity to create the EPG file .XML and file .STRM? I have these files to TVGuide. Can I use them in this plugin? If I can use them how do I do that?