Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - scilz - 2013-01-09

k does anyone know where i can get a older version? and thank you very much daavid Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - TurdCutter - 2013-01-09

(2013-01-09, 16:20)scilz Wrote: im running eden and my strm's are from 1channel plugin they used to work but now they dont i did reinstall xbmc the strm's show up in library play fine but dont even show up in ptv and yes i have play icefilms clicked on in settings also tried turning it on in channel settings tried reinstalling ptv/xbmc tried using playlist,directory ect nothing seems to work the strm files just dont get scanned in my ptv if anyone has a idea to help me that be great
turdcutter u could make a guide channel on channel 1 that way when ptv starts up it takes u to the guide on channel 1 and then u can open the other guide to change to different channel that way it doesn't start up with a stream playing

Scilz are you sure your strms are scrapping properly? You might have better luck here if you post a log.

I'm not sure I follow what you said about creating a guide in 1channel? I didn't know the 1channel plugin could do that. I'll play around with it when I get home, thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spyder - 2013-01-09

I just got a working version of this for frodo, and also noticed .strm files aren't working. The majority of my library is from Free Cable, and Amazon which makes this pointless now. Jason102, are there plans to get .strm files working, is it possible with Frodo?

@TurdCutter - You could enable auto select in 1Channel settings, it tries to link to the first source on the list and if it fails it keeps checking other sources. I had this set up with 1Channel streams, but got too many missing sources which ruin the 'psuedo' experience.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - scilz - 2013-01-09

turdcutter what i was saying is make a guide of your own or a short intro video and set them for a directory channel on channel 1 then when u start up ptv u will see a guide or intro video until u use the built in guild to change to the channel u want
and i think im scraping right i can watch my strm files in xbmc fine they just dont show up in ptv
spyder can u explain how to get free cable stuff into library please? i dont see any option for this

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - maly95 - 2013-01-09

Could someone litter me a guide on how to make the EPG xml. and files .strm?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spyder - 2013-01-09

@scilz - MyLibrary I used an "All Shows" filter, which got most of the episodes, I do notice some episodes that don't get automatically scraped though.

@maly95 - PsuedoTV FORK I tried setting this up, but my channel numbers didn't match the xml numbers(and I didn't want to edit 70+ channels). The support on this is dead, I'm thinking due to Frodo changes, and hoping angrycamel is just waiting to release something new.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - lcadell - 2013-01-09

I recently updated to Frodo RC3 with Aeon MQ4 and pseudotv stopped working. I updated it to stable-pre and now it will go to channel 1 when I start it but I can't do anything else after that. It won't take me to the EPG or let me change any channels. Any thoughts why this would happen?
Often times when I first start PTV there is no picture but there is sound and it takes a few minutes before the picture shows up and it just seems like it is loading VERY slow. Then I exit PTV, it will suddenly do all the commands I had tried previously right before shutting down. It seems like there is something preventing any commands until I attempt to exit and then suddenly all backed up commands will finally be allowed to run.
I have two computers running with the same settings and both are having this problem.

Please help! My wife loves PTV and is upset it no longer works.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - TurdCutter - 2013-01-10

(2013-01-09, 21:08)scilz Wrote: turdcutter what i was saying is make a guide of your own or a short intro video and set them for a directory channel on channel 1 then when u start up ptv u will see a guide or intro video until u use the built in guild to change to the channel u want
and i think im scraping right i can watch my strm files in xbmc fine they just dont show up in ptv
spyder can u explain how to get free cable stuff into library please? i dont see any option for this

Thanks for the clarification! Great idea I just can't get it to play nice. Adding a video directory to channel 1 seems to screw up the everything else with all the streams.

Code:
22:27:12 T:89427968   DEBUG: Process - The source file to load is /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.pseudotv/pseudotv.py
22:27:12 T:89427968   DEBUG: Process - Setting the Python path to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.pseudotv:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.xbmcswift/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.t0mm0.common/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.demjson/lib:/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.myconnpy/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup/lib:/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/script.module.pil/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.simple.downloader/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.free.cable.database/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.coveapi/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.buggalo/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.mechanize/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.elementtree/lib:/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/script.module.pysqlite/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.metahandler/lib:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python26.zip:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/plat-darwin:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/plat-mac:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/lib-tk:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/lib-old:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/site-packages:
22:27:12 T:89427968   DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.pseudotv
22:27:13 T:89427968   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileLock: FileLock instance
22:27:13 T:89427968   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-Globals - Eden
22:27:13 T:88104960   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib-arm-osx.so)
22:27:13 T:88104960   DEBUG: Unloading: ImageLib-arm-osx.so
22:27:13 T:89427968   ERROR: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.pseudotv/resources/lib/Overlay.py:70: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
                                              xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
22:27:13 T:89427968   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: __init__
22:27:13 T:89427968   ERROR: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.pseudotv/resources/lib/Overlay.py:41: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
                                              xbmc.Player.__init__(self, xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO)
22:27:13 T:88104960   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib-arm-osx.so)

The video will loop but then pulling up the guide only shows the first 2 channels and freezes but with the video loop still going in the backround and have to force quite xbmc.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - eQUIV - 2013-01-10

(2013-01-09, 22:43)lcadell Wrote: I recently updated to Frodo RC3 with Aeon MQ4 and pseudotv stopped working. I updated it to stable-pre and now it will go to channel 1 when I start it but I can't do anything else after that. It won't take me to the EPG or let me change any channels. Any thoughts why this would happen?
Often times when I first start PTV there is no picture but there is sound and it takes a few minutes before the picture shows up and it just seems like it is loading VERY slow. Then I exit PTV, it will suddenly do all the commands I had tried previously right before shutting down. It seems like there is something preventing any commands until I attempt to exit and then suddenly all backed up commands will finally be allowed to run.
I have two computers running with the same settings and both are having this problem.

I have this exact same problem. Frodo RC 3 (had same problem on RC2 also), PsuedoTV Stable-Pre, Aeon MQ4 skin running on Windows 8 x64. If I hit stop once it will progress past the black screen (with sound).. To video also, single channel. No other controls work, except for stop button. Hit stop twice and it will close completely. Occasionally skip next/back, channel up and down work.. But rarely.

Perhaps this is a problem somehow related to Aeon MQ4, or the version of skin PsuedoTV selects for Aeon skin users?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2013-01-10

(2013-01-07, 18:55)jurm Wrote: Having some problems playing a directory

I have about 20 files in a folder and have selected 'play TV episodes in order' in the advanced settings for the channel but it doesn't seem to be playing the files in order

Is there another way to play the files in filename order?

No one know how to play files in order of filename?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spyder - 2013-01-10

(2013-01-10, 14:36)jurm Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 18:55)jurm Wrote: Having some problems playing a directory

I have about 20 files in a folder and have selected 'play TV episodes in order' in the advanced settings for the channel but it doesn't seem to be playing the files in order

Is there another way to play the files in filename order?

No one know how to play files in order of filename?
When you say 'files', do you mean content that is in your library? You could try making a playlist and then setting the channel as that playlist(haven't tried this myself). I know the playlist channel will work, but I'm not sure if it will follow the order rules.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jurm - 2013-01-10

It's not scraped in my library no. Just general files. I have some files named Wk1, Wk2, Wk3 etc and I'd like them to play in a row

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spyder - 2013-01-10

You could try 'stacking' the file names. I don't know if ptv will treat them as a stacked file though.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - nlash - 2013-01-10

(2013-01-10, 19:08)jurm Wrote: It's not scraped in my library no. Just general files. I have some files named Wk1, Wk2, Wk3 etc and I'd like them to play in a row

Unless something has changed recently, I've never been able to get PseudoTV to play anything that wasn't scraped to the library.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - lcadell - 2013-01-11

(2013-01-10, 10:51)eQUIV Wrote:
(2013-01-09, 22:43)lcadell Wrote: I recently updated to Frodo RC3 with Aeon MQ4 and pseudotv stopped working. I updated it to stable-pre and now it will go to channel 1 when I start it but I can't do anything else after that. It won't take me to the EPG or let me change any channels. Any thoughts why this would happen?

I have this exact same problem. Frodo RC 3 (had same problem on RC2 also), PsuedoTV Stable-Pre, Aeon MQ4 skin running on Windows 8 x64. If I hit stop once it will progress past the black screen (with sound).. To video also, single channel. No other controls work, except for stop button. Hit stop twice and it will close completely. Occasionally skip next/back, channel up and down work.. But rarely.

Perhaps this is a problem somehow related to Aeon MQ4, or the version of skin PsuedoTV selects for Aeon skin users?

I checked the xbmc log and saw these errors when I run pseudotv. Anyone understand what they mean?

13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 100
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Control does not exist in window
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: Previous line repeats 4 times.
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 321
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 322
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 323
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 324
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 325
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 326
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Control does not exist in window
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: script.pseudotv-EPGWindow: Unknown EPG Initialization Exception
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: script.pseudotv-EPGWindow: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\EPGWindow.py", line 135, in onInit
if self.setChannelButtons(time.time(), self.MyOverlayWindow.currentChannel) == False:
File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\EPGWindow.py", line 248, in setChannelButtons
self.removeControls(self.toRemove)
RuntimeError: Control does not exist in window