Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - eQUIV - 2013-01-11

^^
Not sure, however I tested PsuedoTV Stable under the Confluence skin and had the same problem as with Aeon MQ4.

I'm curious, do you run a custom keyboard keymap? That's the only unusual modification I make to my XBMC install. I wonder if it's related somehow. As I noticed, most keys don't work during this glitch.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - lcadell - 2013-01-11

(2013-01-11, 07:31)eQUIV Wrote: ^^
Not sure, however I tested PsuedoTV Stable under the Confluence skin and had the same problem as with Aeon MQ4.

I'm curious, do you run a custom keyboard keymap? That's the only unusual modification I make to my XBMC install. I wonder if it's related somehow. As I noticed, most keys don't work during this glitch.

I do use a few custom controls but none of them are the ones used to control ptv. Those are all unchanged. Also it worked fine before when I had the same control setup.

I have a friend who just built a new setup using just confluence with no custom controls and he is having the same issue.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2013-01-11

Hi Jason,

I think there may be a new bug introduced in the latest stable-pre. I tried to refresh my channels by using "Force channel reset on next start" but PTV seems to get stuck on my 5th channel and sits there. I turned off background updating so I could see the progress of channels being built on screen and indeed it does stop progressing. Please could you take a look at my LOG to see what the problem may be?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rflores2323 - 2013-01-11

I also would like the option to disable going straight to a channel that is playing. I want it to go to the EPG so that I can pick what I want to see. Is this possible in a future version to have this option. Thanks

Also does the XBMC.MyLibrary addon work wtih this to be able to get addons streams to show up as channels? Anyone have a how to guide or video showing their setup? I am on eden right now (going to update in a few weeks however)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spyder - 2013-01-11

(2013-01-11, 16:04)rflores2323 Wrote: Also does the XBMC.MyLibrary addon work wtih this to be able to get addons streams to show up as channels? Anyone have a how to guide or video showing their setup? I am on eden right now (going to update in a few weeks however)
It used to in Eden, I 'upgraded' to Frodo and found a version of ptv that actually loaded the channels, but all my MyLibrary strms weren't included in the programming(I did enable streams btw). I then tried making a playlist from a TV genre(which was mostly MyLibrary content), and tried playing it from playlist menu but nothing would play, so I'm thinking this is a frodo issue.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Sranshaft - 2013-01-11

(2013-01-11, 00:48)lcadell Wrote: [quote='eQUIV' pid='1293187' dateline='1357807918']
I checked the xbmc log and saw these errors when I run pseudotv. Anyone understand what they mean?

13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 100
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Control does not exist in window
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: Previous line repeats 4 times.
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 321
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 322
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 323
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 324
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 325
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 326
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Control does not exist in window
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: script.pseudotv-EPGWindow: Unknown EPG Initialization Exception
13:16:07 T:3716 ERROR: script.pseudotv-EPGWindow: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\EPGWindow.py", line 135, in onInit
if self.setChannelButtons(time.time(), self.MyOverlayWindow.currentChannel) == False:
File "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib\EPGWindow.py", line 248, in setChannelButtons
self.removeControls(self.toRemove)
RuntimeError: Control does not exist in window

I forget exactly what control 100 is but 321 - 326 are the channel icons. Add the following some where in the script.PseudoTV.epg file and that should go away:

Code:
<control type="image" id="100">
     <visible>false</visible>
</control>

<control type="image" id="321">
     <visible>false</visible>
</control>

<control type="image" id="322">
     <visible>false</visible>
</control>

<control type="image" id="323">
     <visible>false</visible>
</control>

<control type="image" id="324">
     <visible>false</visible>
</control>

<control type="image" id="325">
     <visible>false</visible>
</control>

<control type="image" id="326">
     <visible>false</visible>
</control>

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - lcadell - 2013-01-12

So I have been debugging my system and I figured out that it isn't that the buttons aren't working, it is that it is taking so incredibly long for anything to load it just seems that way. For example, I execute PTV and a show on channel 2 starts right up very quickly. I then hit enter to see the EPG. It took about 2 min for the EPG to finally appear but with none of the data in it loaded. As I write this it is still in the process of just initializing the EPG so I still can't hit any buttons. What could possibly be causing this to run so slow? Nothing else runs slow at all, just PTV evidently. I am looking at the debug and watching to proper log entries come up for PTV but what should take less than a second is taking several minutes.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - truConman - 2013-01-12

I have not been using PseudoTV since my last post due to upgrading to Windows 8 and backing up files. I finally found the time to go back to it and found another huge issue which I had not been looking for prior, but I am sure it was present before. Some of my TV shows, and I suspect movies, are completely ignored by PseudoTV as if they cannot be played. This issue is similar to the problem I had with my bumps, but this is on a larger scale where converting 100s of episodes is not something I am willing to do. Just like before, the videos play fine in XBMC. The specific files I noticed were anime in .mkv format, but I am fairly certain other file types are being ignored as well. It seems as if PseudoTV is being very picky about specific encodes or maybe something else that is making these videos different from other videos of the same file type.

Hopefully I can get some insight on this issue, as ignoring entire series that play fine in XBMC is a solid reason to not use PseudoTV.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - tmeitner - 2013-01-12

Other posters have said that they can't set up channels by network (or genre, for that matter) because there are no options when you try to select them. I'm having the same issue. Jason said he fixed it in an update, but I have the stable-pre repo and the latest updates, and I'm still having the issue. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - lcadell - 2013-01-13

So I have figured out what was causing pseudotv not to work on aeon mq4 skin. It seems that when you install the addon script.allinonefrodo that allows you to have recently added movies and shows on your home screen, it breaks pseudotv. Once I removed that script it ran just fine. Anyone have any idea why this is happening and what to do in order to use both at the same time?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Netisopl - 2013-01-13

Getting Pseudotv to work with your network smb share on Raspberry Pi.

This might be an obvious fix for some, but It took me a while to figure this out of my own.

I was getting this error for Pseudo TV on the Raspberry Pi.
"Unable to populate channels. Please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels. "

And from the XBMC logs I was getting this error:

Quote:21:11:00 T:2925937760 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:11:03 T:3042983936 ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /storage/.xbmc/addons/Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-acca9ee
21:11:14 T:2925937760 ERROR: script.pseudotv-Connection: Couldn't connect to 192.168.1.150 with the name BlahPC, /
21:11:14 T:2925937760 ERROR: script.pseudotv-Connection: Couldn't connect to 192.168.1.150 with the name BlahPC, guest /
21:11:14 T:2925937760 ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel 1

From the logs its pretty clear more or less what the problem is. It can't connect to my PC. Instead of inviting the PseudoTV over to my house for a BBQ, lets bring the BBQ over to Pseudo's backyard!

Adding your SMB share as a media source and giving everybody permission is not enough for this to work. You need to mount it so that PseudoTV thinks its local directory. We need to mount the SMB share, we also need to make it so that it mounts every time you restart your raspberry pi. I used this website to help me setup an autostart script.

Quote:#!/bin/sh
(sleep 30; \
mount -t cifs -o username=guest,rw //192.168.1.150/Media /storage/videos; \
)&
This is an example of the type of script you will use. Again, use the website as a guide, change what you need.

I hope this helps people who are having trouble with Pseudo TV and getting it to work with the network.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - eQUIV - 2013-01-13

(2013-01-13, 07:40)lcadell Wrote: So I have figured out what was causing pseudotv not to work on aeon mq4 skin. It seems that when you install the addon script.allinonefrodo that allows you to have recently added movies and shows on your home screen, it breaks pseudotv. Once I removed that script it ran just fine. Anyone have any idea why this is happening and what to do in order to use both at the same time?

Awesome, you found the cause. Perhaps you should mention this problem in the Aeon MQ4!thread also. I just disabled the addon, for now.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spyder - 2013-01-13

(2013-01-11, 17:14)spyder Wrote: [quote='rflores2323' pid='1294555' dateline='1357913089']
all my MyLibrary strms weren't included in the programming(I did enable streams btw). I then tried making a playlist from a TV genre(which was mostly MyLibrary content), and tried playing it from playlist menu but nothing would play, so I'm thinking this is a frodo issue.
Is anyone else having this problem(Frodo RC2, latest PTV) I deleted the settings2.xml thinking I maybe made the channels before I had everything scanned into my library, but still no .strm files in the epg.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2013-01-14

hi everyone.
i was wondering if i am the only one experiencing this
i upgraded to frodo which fixed the lagging EPG but now i noticed that about 50% of all tv shows or movies have the wrong title in the epg
i can see "alien 3" in the epg but the movie is a actually die hard.
another issue is the fact that while seeing in the info "now watching: grim " it will actually show the next show. i need to move the epg one press left to see the "previous watched" to actually see the correct one.
these were not a problem in eden.

anyone else have this?
thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2013-01-14

ok.
it seems that the epg is off but a few min.
since i have trailers, it actually shows the 3 previous shows.
any fix for this?