Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Sranshaft - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-18, 21:38)dscraw4d Wrote: I have just installed the latest pre on my XBMC Frodo Rc 3 WITH nOX 4 and setting up the channels works fine nut launching it just produces a black screen, I tried it with confluence to the same results.. black screen.
I have 111 channels

Turn off background updating if you have it enabled and enable "Reset channels on next start". For some reason if background updating is enabled it'll stop working properly. At least it fixed the issue for me.

I also noticed you get a black screen. Can you still hear the audio or does XBMC hang? A black screen might also indicate a problem in the PseudoTV skin. Grab a debug log and have a look for errors associated with PseudoTV or post a link here.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spanktastic2120 - 2013-01-19

using frodo RC 3 and the latest pseudotv .strm files do not work. You can play any of them from your library directly but PTV will not pick them up. im thinking this is for one of a couple reasons:
1) the setting to "enable icelibrary streams" has somehow been dissociated with the actual function
2) frodo uses something new to play .strm files and doesnt retrieve the duration properly or in a manner that PTV expects to get it
3) there is a list of file types PTV will play and .strm has been removed from that list

i think i have a halfway decent understanding of how this program works, and these are the only reasons i can come up with for why .strm support would be broken now.

i looked through all the python files on github and from what i can tell the icelibrary setting is being correctly applied and used, so i think #1 can be ruled out. however i dont see anything in the code that would handle the .strm files, the parser code seems to just handle these types:
self.AVIExts = ['.avi']
self.MP4Exts = ['.mp4', '.m4v', '.3gp', '.3g2', '.f4v', '.mov']
self.MKVExts = ['.mkv']
self.FLVExts = ['.flv']
so its possible that its #3 except github shows the relevant code hasnt been edited for 6 months and it worked shorter than 6 months ago.

which leaves #2, i have no idea how xbmc handles calls from python scripts or what may have changed with frodo, so i cant really offer any help there. someone with more expertise than me should definitely have a look at the PTV source on github though and double check what i said here is correct.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 00:55)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 21:38)dscraw4d Wrote: I have just installed the latest pre on my XBMC Frodo Rc 3 WITH nOX 4 and setting up the channels works fine nut launching it just produces a black screen, I tried it with confluence to the same results.. black screen.
I have 111 channels

Turn off background updating if you have it enabled and enable "Reset channels on next start". For some reason if background updating is enabled it'll stop working properly. At least it fixed the issue for me.

I also noticed you get a black screen. Can you still hear the audio or does XBMC hang? A black screen might also indicate a problem in the PseudoTV skin. Grab a debug log and have a look for errors associated with PseudoTV or post a link here.

I haven't had problems with background updating... but I did noticed that depending on the speed of your system ptv once launched goes to a black screen before loading media... on my main htpc its only a few seconds... but on my openelec built on a P4 it takes a few mins to load...and just sits at a black screen.

I would try leaving your settings alone, toggle force reset; load ptv and leave alone for a least 10mins... give it a try might work...
btw make sure you are using lastest stable-pre and not master

(2013-01-19, 01:44)spanktastic2120 Wrote: using frodo RC 3 and the latest pseudotv .strm files do not work. You can play any of them from your library directly but PTV will not pick them up. im thinking this is for one of a couple reasons:
1) the setting to "enable icelibrary streams" has somehow been dissociated with the actual function
2) frodo uses something new to play .strm files and doesnt retrieve the duration properly or in a manner that PTV expects to get it
3) there is a list of file types PTV will play and .strm has been removed from that list

i think i have a halfway decent understanding of how this program works, and these are the only reasons i can come up with for why .strm support would be broken now.

i looked through all the python files on github and from what i can tell the icelibrary setting is being correctly applied and used, so i think #1 can be ruled out. however i dont see anything in the code that would handle the .strm files, the parser code seems to just handle these types:
self.AVIExts = ['.avi']
self.MP4Exts = ['.mp4', '.m4v', '.3gp', '.3g2', '.f4v', '.mov']
self.MKVExts = ['.mkv']
self.FLVExts = ['.flv']
so its possible that its #3 except github shows the relevant code hasnt been edited for 6 months and it worked shorter than 6 months ago.

which leaves #2, i have no idea how xbmc handles calls from python scripts or what may have changed with frodo, so i cant really offer any help there. someone with more expertise than me should definitely have a look at the PTV source on github though and double check what i said here is correct.

I also reviewed the code for ptv concerning strms, I didn't see anything wrong that stands out. I need to review the changes made to frodo's handling of strms...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - toki5 - 2013-01-19

ok, here is my question. is there anyway to manually add tv shows or bootleg concert videos that wont scrape from the database scrapers? i would like to be able to add my entire list of what i have into this add on evntually.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 03:00)toki5 Wrote: ok, here is my question. is there anyway to manually add tv shows or bootleg concert videos that wont scrape from the database scrapers? i would like to be able to add my entire list of what i have into this add on evntually.

Try directory mode in channel manager

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - spanktastic2120 - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 03:00)toki5 Wrote: ok, here is my question. is there anyway to manually add tv shows or bootleg concert videos that wont scrape from the database scrapers? i would like to be able to add my entire list of what i have into this add on evntually.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Import-export_library#Video_.nfo_Files

@Lunatixz

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Frodo/xbmc/playlists/PlayListFactory.cpp
line 76

i dont know c++, but i think its treating .strm files as playlists? perhaps its supposed to be like that because they play through addons, i dont know. im just wading through pages of github search results for "strm" in the xbmc repo.

(2013-01-19, 04:39)spanktastic2120 Wrote: @Lunatixz

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Frodo/xbmc/playlists/PlayListFactory.cpp
line 76

i dont know c++, but i think its treating .strm files as playlists? perhaps its supposed to be like that because they play through addons, i dont know. im just wading through pages of github search results for "strm" in the xbmc repo.

Thanks but this isn't the source of the problem... from my understanding xbmc since eden has treated strms as playlists... which they are (playlists for stream sources).

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - gonzo90017 - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-18, 09:21)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 00:45)fernicus Wrote: I've added a channels that play a smart playlist and some that play from a directory. I've noticed in these channels it's only showing the file name and not the episode name or info on the EPG. Sucks because I don't have the show names in my file names so I don't know what the show is on t he EPG. The network or movie channels on the EPG show the show name and info. I've been searching these forums and have noticed other people had this problem, but no one has addressed it. Does anyone know how to fix this so that my playlist and directory channels look like the network channels on the EPG?

Directory channels don't have show name info because PseudoTV is pulling the video file directly from the folder so there isn't going to be any metadata associated with those files. There isn't any way around this unless Jason adds in .nfo parsing support for directory channels which would be a pain in ass IMO.

(2013-01-18, 07:12)gonzo90017 Wrote: I thought I was exiting properly:
ESC
Exit Confirmation screen
Click on Yes.

Anyways XBMC noob here. Could you please tell me how to change the exit process to include the stop function?

If you're using the latest stable-pre version of PseudoTV in conjunction with Eden then you're using the wrong version. Jason recently removed support for Eden so this might be the cause of your issues. I'd suggest rolling back to the master release, which should be Eden-ready, or update XBMC to Frodo.

I'm not using the latest version. I'm using Jasonra-XBMC-PseudoTV-3855390.

As for playing by directory... did u try renaming your media files with detailed info? Then you can have epg info

If your using frodo then upgrade ptv to latest stale pre...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2013-01-19

I have 111 channels

Sounds like the same problem I reported in my previous post. Difference being in my case the first 5 channels get created then it will stop. If I turn off background updating I see the first 5 channels build then I am left with a black screen. No sound or any other activity. I have to force quit out of XBMC. It's strange how some people using Frodo with the latest stable-pre are fine and others are not. I tried Aeon Nox and then Confluence so I doubt its a skin issue. I have created a lot of channels in PTV and also have a large library, I wonder if that has any thing to do with it. As of now PTV is unusable, I hope a solution is found as I would hate to lose it. I suppose I could go back to Eden but I would lose the latest Nox Skin and the speed increases in Frodo amongst other things, so for me not really worth the trouble.Sad

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - dscraw4d - 2013-01-19

I have 111 channels

No audio.. black screen.. can hit S for the system menu and that's it.. have to x out or altf4 to close it..

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Randall Lind - 2013-01-20

I would be nice if PseudoTV Manager was updated but Setting up channels inside the program isn't too bad.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2013-01-20

hey, will ptv be included in the native xbmc plugins?
i cant imagine xbmc without ptv and i am not going to upgrade to any version that doesnt support it

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Randall Lind - 2013-01-21

I made some single TV shows channels example House and I have it set to force random mode. However it plays the same ones over and over.