Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - totallyfreak - 2013-01-26

Hi, i really like this addon PseudoTV but it looks like there is no update since 2011... what happen with the DEV?
someone know another addon that do the same job and that be compatible with the latest version of XBMC Frodo?
i need an addon how make virtual tv channel with all the content that i have on my 4 hard drive of tv rip

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 02:16)totallyfreak Wrote: Hi, i really like this addon PseudoTV but it looks like there is no update since 2011... what happen with the DEV?
someone know another addon that do the same job and that be compatible with the latest version of XBMC Frodo?
i need an addon how make virtual tv channel with all the content that i have on my 4 hard drive of tv rip

OMG
Saw your thread b4, never thought you would post in here! RIF my friend RIF (READING IS FUNDAMENTAL)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - totallyfreak - 2013-01-26

RIFHuh there is over 370 page of post in this topic... are you kidding me??
so thats not answer to my question...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 03:35)totallyfreak Wrote: RIFHuh there is over 370 page of post in this topic... are you kidding me??
so thats not answer to my question...

hmmm how about you read the last two pages to catch up... or would you like me to read it to you Tongue

all kidding aside, you should read the last few pages, and your looking in the wrong place if you haven't seen any updates since 2011

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2013-01-26

Yea, MKVs still don't work...I thought I fixed them but didn't. I've fixed them now but haven't pushed to github yet. I'll push after I get a TS parser done (soon).

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - xecutionx - 2013-01-26

Just chiming in to say thanks for the addon, Jason102. Seems that all you've been getting recently is complaints and a long list of bugs.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Sranshaft - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 05:56)xecutionx Wrote: Just chiming in to say thanks for the addon, Jason102. Seems that all you've been getting recently is complaints and a long list of bugs.

Bug lists are awesome. It helps the dev fix issues that otherwise wouldn't have been caught. Complaints are an entirely different thing altogether. Users need to realize that the add-on is free and Jason is doing this on his free time.

(2013-01-24, 06:03)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 09:41)ARYEZ Wrote: I recently moved over to Frodo and I've noticed something strange with PseudoTV. On both the TV overlay and the EPG, the last few letters of the episode info always gets cut off. Has any one noticed this? I should probably mention that I have reproduced this on both Confluence and Aeon Nox 4, so I am certain the problem is being caused by something in PseudoTV's code. Here's an example of the last letters in the episode description getting cut off in each view.

Tv overlay:
Image[/img]

EPG:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I get this too on every show I've checked. It isn;t just Aeon Nox, it happens in Confluence too. Thanks for bringing this up as I forgot all about it and meant to mention it here in hopes of a fix.

I believe this only happens to content that doesn't have a clear duration (length)
tho I could be wrong Angel

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Randall Lind - 2013-01-26

Jason102 I think the new PTV rocks. I have been watching House M.D. for 5 days none stop with no issues in Frodo. I am boring I know LOL. However House will live on forever on channel 201. Channels 200+ are single TV Shows channels. So far made 5 Dexter, House, Homicide Life on the Streets, The Walking Dead and Storage Wars may add more later, 1-200 is taken from Milkman's guide. Not all 200 are filled but I am using his smart playlist's.

PTV Frodo doesn't get stuck any more scanning channels like it did in Eden. In Eden I would have to quit xbmc and hope on relauch PTV skipped to next channel. In Frodo it pauses every so offten for 10secs or so but then continue doesn't lock up any more so this is a plus. I rebuild channels when I add new content. This make me very happy Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jamie steed - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 05:45)Jason102 Wrote: [b]Yea, MKVs still don't work...I thought I fixed them but didn't. I've fixed them now but haven't pushed to github yet. I'll push after I get a TS parser done (soon).

go Jason go

Jason FTW TS parser comming woo hoo This add on and the developer are amazing they both rock cool

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - xecutionx - 2013-01-26

(2013-01-26, 06:12)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2013-01-26, 05:56)xecutionx Wrote: Just chiming in to say thanks for the addon, Jason102. Seems that all you've been getting recently is complaints and a long list of bugs.

Bug lists are awesome. It helps the dev fix issues that otherwise wouldn't have been caught. Complaints are an entirely different thing altogether. Users need to realize that the add-on is free and Jason is doing this on his free time.
Yeah, I know that the bug reporting is needed, but as I said, there was no appreciation for the work that was being done.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2013-01-28

Ok, fix for mkv and flv files is up. Also, I've added a TS parser. I have exactly 1 file I used to test it (not to mention that the container format is a pain in the ass), so I can't guarantee much. I've also fixed the json runtime value, as caught by procinger (very nice catch). The returned value still seems to be a bit garbage (not sure why, but it was returning 30 minutes for my shows that where not all that at all). So for now it's still a backup value, meaning that PTV attempts to parse every video file for durations...which isn't fast. Hopefully I can work out why runtime is bad to speed things up.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Daavid - 2013-01-28

Super, thanks Jason. Will this also fix the streaming shows from things like ice library and 1 channel?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2013-01-28

I'm not really positive, but it's not a bad chance.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Amelandbor - 2013-01-28

Great work Jason, mkv's get durations now. But I tested a few things and something has come up quite a few times now when building the channellist. It completely stops building and in the log I get this:

PHP Code:
11:13:41 T:1004   DEBUGscript.pseudotv-MKVParserfindHeader
:13:41 T:1004   ERRORUnknown exception while executeing callback 0xa899880 

This has happened with different files and it returns different codes behind the error.