Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2013-01-28

This appears to be an XBMC error. If things actually do stop responding, please post a complete debug log.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - sensman - 2013-01-28

@jason

many many thanks for the TS-File Parser Big Grin
works ok with DVBViewer TS HD Recordings.

thanks
Sensman

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 00:20)Jason102 Wrote: Ok, fix for mkv and flv files is up. Also, I've added a TS parser. I have exactly 1 file I used to test it (not to mention that the container format is a pain in the ass), so I can't guarantee much. I've also fixed the json runtime value, as caught by procinger (very nice catch). The returned value still seems to be a bit garbage (not sure why, but it was returning 30 minutes for my shows that where not all that at all). So for now it's still a backup value, meaning that PTV attempts to parse every video file for durations...which isn't fast. Hopefully I can work out why runtime is bad to speed things up.

hey Jason.
hoped the new version will fix it.
still have major epg time issues.
for the channels i use the normal genre its ok.
for those which i use playlists the epg is off by almost 2 hours back.
any ideas?
that is the major problem when using frodo
on eden its ok

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 17:15)Jason102 Wrote: This appears to be an XBMC error. If things actually do stop responding, please post a complete debug log.

Hi Jason,

Once again thanyou for all the hard work you are putting in. I have updated to the latest and greatest but unfortunately this has introduced a new bug for me. It completely crashes XBMC Sad

Here is a LOG

On a sidenote the version just before this update was working fine.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Rastan - 2013-01-28

@jason - I'm going to have to roll back to a previous version of PTV, but before doing so here is another crash LOG in case you never saw anything helpful in the one before. I hope you can fix it, may the force be with you Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 21:28)Rastan Wrote: @jason - I'm going to have to roll back to a previous version of PTV, but before doing so here is another crash LOG in case you never saw anything helpful in the one before. I hope you can fix it, may the force be with you Big Grin

Current build is working great for me, Needs some strm support; not all my strms are added.... If frodo is crashing most of the time it is a sign that your database is corrupt... if you are having problem with ptv loading to a black screen at start up try disabling trakt.tv, follw.it if you have them enabled...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rockstartower - 2013-01-28

I have a more general question that's related to PTV. I don't think Jason is the only one that could answer this, so if you have any input let me know.

I have a folder that has hd trailers that are added each night and old ones are deleted after 30 days. It doesn't have movies or anything else in it but movie trailers. My goal is to have a directory channel on PTV that just plays back to back movie trailers. I would interleave this channel into all the others so one movie trailer plays between show episodes/movies. I would also just keep the channel and label it "movie trailers".

The problem is the movie trailers aren't scraped into my library. Is there any way for PTV to play these files? Or a work around to have it recognize and play them?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - EZ1976 - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 22:01)rockstartower Wrote: I have a more general question that's related to PTV. I don't think Jason is the only one that could answer this, so if you have any input let me know.

I have a folder that has hd trailers that are added each night and old ones are deleted after 30 days. It doesn't have movies or anything else in it but movie trailers. My goal is to have a directory channel on PTV that just plays back to back movie trailers. I would interleave this channel into all the others so one movie trailer plays between show episodes/movies. I would also just keep the channel and label it "movie trailers".

The problem is the movie trailers aren't scraped into my library. Is there any way for PTV to play these files? Or a work around to have it recognize and play them?

yes my friend
just add it as a directory (select directory as the type)
i have the same set up but i interleaved the channel between episodes and movies

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rockstartower - 2013-01-28

Quote:yes my friend
i have the same set up but i interleaved the channel between episodes and movies

I did actually try this. I added the channel and then set it to directory. I then selected the folder that contains all the movie trailers. The only problem is for some reason PTV isn't recognizing that anything is in the folder. It acts as if it's empty.

(2013-01-28, 21:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 21:28)Rastan Wrote: @jason - I'm going to have to roll back to a previous version of PTV, but before doing so here is another crash LOG in case you never saw anything helpful in the one before. I hope you can fix it, may the force be with you Big Grin

Current build is working great for me, Needs some strm support; not all my strms are added.... If frodo is crashing most of the time it is a sign that your database is corrupt... if you are having problem with ptv loading to a black screen at start up try disabling trakt.tv, follw.it if you have them enabled...

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I realised Trakt was incompatible with PTV a while back so I don't use Trakt at all now. As for the database being corrupt, I doubt that is the problem in my case as the problem happens on 2 different computers each with independent databases.
(2013-01-28, 22:51)rockstartower Wrote:

I did actually try this. I added the channel and then set it to directory. I then selected the folder that contains all the movie trailers. The only problem is for some reason PTV isn't recognizing that anything is in the folder. It acts as if it's empty.

This method works for me but I suppose it will depend on what format the trailers are in. Some users have been reporting difficulties with PTV not recognising certain file types.

when you say doesnt recognize it do you mean while selecting the directory under the configuration, it doesnt show any video?
or do you mean when you open the PTV the channel is empty?

because when selecting the directory the ptv doesnt show any files in it.
just select the folder ( go into it) and press OK

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2013-01-28

Rastan: looks like you've found the first TS parser problem, congratulations! There is no exception information, but I'll look over the code and see if I can guess what may be problematic.

(2013-01-28, 23:02)Jason102 Wrote: Rastan: looks like you've found the first TS parser problem, congratulations! There is no exception information, but I'll look over the code and see if I can guess what may be problematic.

Did I win a prize? LOL Laugh
...My fingers are crossed. I hope you can find the problem Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - pcvii - 2013-01-28

Downloaded stable-pre as of 1/28/2013
XBMC rc3
MY log

Problem: I click to start the addon and it scans in the videos for channel 1 and then the screen goes black.

I updated to the xbmc nightly from 1/27 and it still gave a black screen

(2013-01-28, 23:00)EZ1976 Wrote:

when you say doesnt recognize it do you mean while selecting the directory under the configuration, it doesnt show any video?
or do you mean when you open the PTV the channel is empty?

because when selecting the directory the ptv doesnt show any files in it.
just select the folder ( go into it) and press OK

What I did is I created a new channel. Channel 30. I made it so it was a directory channel. Then I navigated and selected the directory that all the trailers are saved in.

I am able to find the directory for the trailers just fine and select it. "G:/Trailers"

However, when I run PTV, there is no channel 30. It doesn't even show up.