Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Doctor3D - 2013-02-05

I just love this add-on. I love being able to actually see all of my carefully-crafted playlists and custom genres come to life with real channels. Personally, I think this add-on should come standard with the XBMC Playlist editor. I feel bad for anyone that doesn't know about it. Wink

SUGGESTION\REQUEST:

I know you're busy, and this is just a request. But, it would be AWESOME if you could provide support for animated GIFs for channel logos. I'd love to have some animated logos. Or, even, alternatively, a script that lets you alternate\switch .PNG files automatically. (Similar to Interleaving)

Thank you for sharing this add-on with us.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Randall Lind - 2013-02-05

I don't watch movies or TV Shows any more without using PTV. I guess I found this plugin 6-8 months ago and it is what I always wanted. I have 1800 movies and over 8k in TV Shows episodes between the 165 and growing list of shows I have. I never know what to watch so I let PTV handle that.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Doctor3D - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-04, 21:12)rd1979 Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 20:40)justincase102 Wrote: I've encountered an issue running the latest stable-pre PsuedoTV version on release Frodo. I've setup a few TV genre and Movie genre channels. When PseudoTV tries to populate the movie genre based channels, XBMC crashes every time. Based on XBMC log, PsuedoTV crashes each time it tries to read my LOTRO movies. My version of LOTRO is split into two files.

The error in the log shows this when it crashes:

Code:
13:21:09 T:5040 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(stack) in stack://smb://DISKARRAY/POOLED/Movies/The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (2003)/The.Return.of.the.King.2003.Extended.Edition.Part1.BluRay.1080p.DTS-HD.MA6.1.AVC.REMUX.mkv , smb://DISKARRAY/POOLED/Movies/The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (2003)/The.Return.of.the.King.2003.Extended.Edition.Part2.BluRay.1080p.DTS-HD.MA6.1.AVC.REMUX.mkv

XBMC has no issues playing these files. Can PsuedoTV handle parsing movies that contain two files? Has anyone else run into a similar problem?

Yes, I am, I sent Jason a log for something else, that also shows errors for movies that are cut up into two or more files.

With those MKVs, I think it has something to do with the way PseudoTV reads the index to determine the content length of an episode\movie. If it's split into two files both using the same information, it'll freeze when it goes to build a channel with those files in it.

I had movies from a VERY long time ago (2001-ish) when I used to backup my DVDs to two-files for CD archiving.

If you don't have a whole lot of files like this, you could just get a program to join them together relatively quick. I restored all mine to single files (300+ films and DVD TV shows) over the course of a night or two a while back.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rd1979 - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 02:09)Doctor3D Wrote: If you don't have a whole lot of files like this, you could just get a program to join them together relatively quick. I restored all mine to single files (300+ films and DVD TV shows) over the course of a night or two a while back.

Many of them have split subtitle files to go along with the split files, and I either can't find a single sub to match the ones I have, or can't find a safe way to merge them (the subs).

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - wobohohoho - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-03, 15:55)mwkurt Wrote: Hello,

1. Directory channels do not play in order because they are not scraped into XBMC. There is no way for PTV to know what should come before what.

2. Don't know if this still works on whatever version of XBMC you are using, but you can try what I described in this post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=984585&highlight=autoexec#pid984585

Mark

Thanks!
I've appreciated that scraping (local,filename) are a somewhat big issue (I was planning on popping stuff into folders remotely and be done with it). The less-than-elegant solution I've found would be the justthefilename scraper (it's somewhat monstrous [as the scraped videos become movies]). But I'm getting by.

Since Frodo doesn't have pseudotv in its official repository yet, I'm using stable-pre, so it requires me placing the script.pseudotv folder into the xbmc's appdata/roaming addon folder. But the script works!
Thank you very much! I'm off to build a TVpc now! How do I rep a post anyway (quite confusing this forum!)?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - serpentxx - 2013-02-05

Is there any way through editing the XML files to have a station that ignores the "Show Coming Up Next Box" feature?

This sounds weird but i made a station dedicated to funny commercials and because they are no longer than 1 minute, the "Coming Up Next" box gets pretty annoying
but its a useful feature on the other stations.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 15:13)serpentxx Wrote: Is there any way through editing the XML files to have a station that ignores the "Show Coming Up Next Box" feature?

This sounds weird but i made a station dedicated to funny commercials and because they are no longer than 1 minute, the "Coming Up Next" box gets pretty annoying
but its a useful feature on the other stations.

Use the setting on page 2 of PTV settings "Ignore files smaller than", or something to that effect. That should do it for ya.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - serpentxx - 2013-02-05

hey cool, i thought when it stated "ignore" it meant it would not play them

Also i didnt like the icon for pseudotv so i quickly made this one which fits my theme better if anyones keen

http://imgur.com/jzn0BOP

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - eg4190 - 2013-02-05

So I just updated to the latest stable-pre after moving to Frodo, and PseudoTV is working great -- the EPG is running way faster now. I'm a graphic designer and I've engaged in the very geeky habit of designing custom logos for most of my channels. After moving to the newer version, I'm noticing that the channel logos are much smaller, so it's hard to see some of them at a distance. Is there any way to get them back to their original size? Do I just need to export all my AI files again at a larger size? I'm still a little unclear about the specs for PseudoTV's logos (does the add-on scale them?), and in the past I had just exported all my custom logos to match the dimensions of the logos packaged with the add-on.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jelly - 2013-02-06

I've just been trying to get shared channels to work and pseudo crashed and all my xbmc settings got reset, i've lost all my settings and channels but have them backed up, problem is i cant remember were all the folders are supposed to go?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - dsync89 - 2013-02-06

Finally got the stable-pre version of PTV to work on Frodo by removing the existing script.pseudotv in the addon folder. I assume that it somehow clashes with XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre and XBMC Frodo always reading script.pseudotv instead of the later one.

Even though I manage to click in (i.e. no more script error message), it seemed to hang at the Updating Channel 1 screen even after restart. The weird thing is the number in the the 'added entires' is always random. I will let it run overnight and see how it works in the morning.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - jdoggvt - 2013-02-06

(2013-02-06, 19:27)dsync89 Wrote: Finally got the stable-pre version of PTV to work on Frodo by removing the existing script.pseudotv in the addon folder. I assume that it somehow clashes with XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre and XBMC Frodo always reading script.pseudotv instead of the later one.

I kinda did the same thing, just overwrote whatever was in script.pseudotv with the files in the stable-pre directory. It did fail a few times after that on the 'network' channels which seemed to be adding sometimes as many as 600 entries. Is there a way to limit the number of entries on those types of channels besides creating a custom smart playlist?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2013-02-06

(2013-02-06, 22:04)jdoggvt Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 19:27)dsync89 Wrote: Finally got the stable-pre version of PTV to work on Frodo by removing the existing script.pseudotv in the addon folder. I assume that it somehow clashes with XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre and XBMC Frodo always reading script.pseudotv instead of the later one.

I kinda did the same thing, just overwrote whatever was in script.pseudotv with the files in the stable-pre directory. It did fail a few times after that on the 'network' channels which seemed to be adding sometimes as many as 600 entries. Is there a way to limit the number of entries on those types of channels besides creating a custom smart playlist?

Sure edit the network that is scanned into the XBMC database or don't use those types of channels. Maybe create your own networks with just the shows that you want.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - dsync89 - 2013-02-07

No avail. It still hang at the updating channel dialog. I wonder what could possibly be going wrong.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Jason102 - 2013-02-08

Dsync89: please post a log. I know there is some issue with (at least) parsing m2ts files. It can cause all of xbmc to freeze. I suspect that this is actually a problem with Frodo itself, but have yet to reproduce it to narrow it down. If you post a log, I can at least tell you if this is the problem that you're seeing.