Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Randall Lind - 2013-02-09

I have a issue with playing shows in order with the pause when not playing feature enable. Everytime I restart PTV it goes back to beginning of the series. Let say you watch House 1x10 next time restart I am back at 1x01 instead of 1x11.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-09, 15:03)Randall Lind Wrote: I have a issue with playing shows in order with the pause when not playing feature enable. Everytime I restart PTV it goes back to beginning of the series. Let say you watch House 1x10 next time restart I am back at 1x01 instead of 1x11.

Do you have "Only play unwatched episodes" selected in your channel?

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Randall Lind - 2013-02-09

(2013-02-09, 15:53)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-02-09, 15:03)Randall Lind Wrote: I have a issue with playing shows in order with the pause when not playing feature enable. Everytime I restart PTV it goes back to beginning of the series. Let say you watch House 1x10 next time restart I am back at 1x01 instead of 1x11.

Mark

no

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - prawnee - 2013-02-10

Does anyone know how I can remove the file name and extension for my TV episodes from the EPG?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mwkurt - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-09, 23:43)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-02-09, 15:53)mwkurt Wrote:

Mark

no

There's your answer.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - wobohohoho - 2013-02-10

Hi guys. Coming back with a minor issue: 'mixed' movies & TV shows smart playlists.
From what I Googled, XBMC doesn't actually recognize it, but PseudoTV could make it work (at least from the forum thread tid=135342 since July last year). But right now it doesn't seem to run. Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - JackOfAllGames - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-10, 18:45)wobohohoho Wrote: Hi guys. Coming back with a minor issue: 'mixed' movies & TV shows smart playlists.
From what I Googled, XBMC doesn't actually recognize it, but PseudoTV could make it work (at least from the forum thread tid=135342 since July last year). But right now it doesn't seem to run. Any ideas?

My only thought offhand would be to browse to where the file is located and make sure you're entering file name exactly the same (including the .xsp file extension) in the playlist. I'm not sure what version you're running. I'm still on XBMC 11 (Eden) at the moment and it's working for me. If you're running Frodo (v12), it could just be a bug. It appears that PseudoTV doesn't yet support Frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - Randall Lind - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-10, 17:55)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-02-09, 23:43)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-02-09, 15:53)mwkurt Wrote: Do you have "Only play unwatched episodes" selected in your channel?

Mark

no

There's your answer.

Mark

Thanks when series is over will the channel stop playing?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - thatkookooguy - 2013-02-10

(2013-02-10, 22:49)thatkookooguy Wrote: Well.... I'm kinda new at this so I guess I did a lot of things wrong (A LOOOOTTT) but the main point is I didn't like the default "Now Playing" overlay of PseudoTV on Aeon Nox... which is a shame since it's my favorite skin! (all the other skins have such a beautiful functional overlay and Aeon Nox have only this thing (-___-) :

Well.... I know mine isn't great..... but it's better (to my opinion at least). I couldn't find a way to enable details scroll up (only found documentation on how to scroll from right to left) and I guess I could have made it that the SXXEXX line on movies not only disappears, but the movie description will take up that place as well (group item I guess?).

This is how it looks like:

If anyone wants to use it be my guest! All you need to do is:
1. go to .../XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i
2. rename script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml to script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.BAK
(I don't want to be responsible for any broken things... keep a backup!)
3. copy the given file to the same directory
4. viola!

If anyone wants to help improve this... be my guest :-)

download file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?67m48mhrxexth6d

Reply - zepfan - 2013-02-12

You can really change things up more than that if you want by renaming the script.pseudo.XXX.xml within /skin.aeon.nox/1080i/ by renaming it to script.pseudo.xxx.bk, then copy over a skin from within the script.pseudotv/resources/skins/ and editing the xml to your hearts desire. It's pretty easy to figure out what's what within the folder, just be sure to rename the copied folder to skin.aeon.nox. Also, if fonts aren't showing up make sure they're using the correct names found in font.xml within skin.aeon.nox/1080i. With a little practice you can make the skin look exactly like you want, then save it, and always have it!

Hope that helps.

[RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - wobohohoho - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-10, 20:57)JackOfAllGames Wrote: My only thought offhand would be to browse to where the file is located and make sure you're entering file name exactly the same (including the .xsp file extension) in the playlist. I'm not sure what version you're running. I'm still on XBMC 11 (Eden) at the moment and it's working for me. If you're running Frodo (v12), it could just be a bug. It appears that PseudoTV doesn't yet support Frodo.

Yep. Am using Frodo and stable-pre. Followed the instruction to the letter, still didn't work [the individual playlist of scraped media do work, and the 'mixed' one don't show in XBMC, and that is to be expected, right?]. It maybe possible due to the as-yet unsupported PseudoTV, but that would imply something is currently amiss for PseudoTV's functionality in Frodo for 'mixed' playlists, does it?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon - mwkurt - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-12, 08:56)wobohohoho Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 20:57)JackOfAllGames Wrote: My only thought offhand would be to browse to where the file is located and make sure you're entering file name exactly the same (including the .xsp file extension) in the playlist. I'm not sure what version you're running. I'm still on XBMC 11 (Eden) at the moment and it's working for me. If you're running Frodo (v12), it could just be a bug. It appears that PseudoTV doesn't yet support Frodo.

Yep. Am using Frodo and stable-pre. Followed the instruction to the letter, still didn't work [the individual playlist of scraped media do work, and the 'mixed' one don't show in XBMC, and that is to be expected, right?]. It maybe possible due to the as-yet unsupported PseudoTV, but that would imply something is currently amiss for PseudoTV's functionality in Frodo for 'mixed' playlists, does it?

Can you post for us what your playlists look like please?

Mark

seek bar is annoying - thatkookooguy - 2013-02-13

Anyone knows how to disable the seek bar every time I move to another channel? The seek bar makes it impossible to move through several channels quickly.... which is pretty annoying.

If possible, it would be great to keep the option of seeking by clicking left and right.... but I'm willing to lose that option if that's the only workaround for this...

thanks!

pseudotv - thepineapple - 2013-02-13

@thatkookooguy

I can't seem to find the original thread where this solution was posted (credit to whomever it was that posted it, sorry). But basically, you need to find your "DialogSeekBar.xml" for the skin you are using and add this line "!Window.IsVisible(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)" inside the <visible></visible> tag. (Now if only I could figure out how to do this for MovieQuiz)

WARNING! This will not make the channel changing any faster, and after a day you'll find yourself wanting the scrubber back. That was my experience anyway.

Incidentally, if you do want to change channels/move through the epguide faster, try pressing pause on the playback while you are doing that. This will improve the speed fivefold!

------

Now, I came to this thread to find out about the white noise pop when changing channels. I know the script mutes for a split second while changing channels, but that only stops the noise about 20-30% of the time, I find. Is there any way to increase the amount of time it is muted while changing channels? I think increasing it just one more second would eradicate the issue.

Oh and big thanks to Jason for this incredible plugin. It's practically better than XBMC itself.

RE: pseudotv - thatkookooguy - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-13, 02:53)thepineapple Wrote: @thatkookooguy

I can't seem to find the original thread where this solution was posted (credit to whomever it was that posted it, sorry). But basically, you need to find your "DialogSeekBar.xml" for the skin you are using and add this line "!Window.IsVisible(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml)" inside the <visible></visible> tag. (Now if only I could figure out how to do this for MovieQuiz)

WARNING! This will not make the channel changing any faster, and after a day you'll find yourself wanting the scrubber back. That was my experience anyway.

Incidentally, if you do want to change channels/move through the epguide faster, try pressing pause on the playback while you are doing that. This will improve the speed fivefold!

------

Now, I came to this thread to find out about the white noise pop when changing channels. I know the script mutes for a split second while changing channels, but that only stops the noise about 20-30% of the time, I find. Is there any way to increase the amount of time it is muted while changing channels? I think increasing it just one more second would eradicate the issue.

Oh and big thanks to Jason for this incredible plugin. It's practically better than XBMC itself.

Thanks for the help!

I managed to make the seek bar disappear.... but it didn't make things any faster Undecided
Guess I'm stuck with going to the epguide instead of just moving through the channels unless anyone got a solution for the slow up / down channel surfing