Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - mosaxs - 2013-03-24

I posted before..please be patient. I can't find psuedotv anywhere in the system add ons. Not sure what zip file to use or how to load. Can someone direct me to a basic step by step tutorial?

Thanks in advance!

PseudoTV (Video) Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - rd1979 - 2013-03-25

(2013-01-31, 22:29)rd1979 Wrote: I'm hoping that one of you may know the answer to this issue I'm having with more recent versions of PTV.

I have a number of TV series and movies in my library, properly scraped with episode data and whatever.

However, for some series, PTV doesn't show the show properly in the guide or OSD. It just shows the raw file name. No episode data, nothing, as if they weren't a part of my library. Which is odd, because why are they even showing up in PTV at all? These shows didn't always do this.

I've forced channel reset to no avail.

I've since noticed another detail. (I think) all of the content are TV shows that are on whatever network, so a channel with just that network (say, FX for example) won't show episode data, but channels that are set by criteria such as genre, will have these very same shows listed, WITH episode data. Is anyone else having this issue?

For example: My FX channel only has Archer, since that's the only FX show I have (for now) with no episode data, but on the action or animation channels, Archer episodes will show with data.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just stopped using playlists, that fixed it.........

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Jason102 - 2013-03-25

I've pushed a fix for the m2ts issue.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - amcfarla - 2013-03-27

I installed this plugin on a windows 7 version of XBMC and a Mac OS X XBMC(both Frodo V 12.1) and my library is using MySQL on a Synology NAS, and scanning the channels when you open it the first time it gets to 10% on both machines on channel 4 and just sits there. I let it sit there all day long yesterday(more than 12 hours for each) and it was still sitting at 10% with no progress on the amount of videos it scanned on channel 4. I am not sure where it is getting stuck since it doesn't give you really any indication on the screen. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem using this plugin? Thank you.

PseudoTV - DaMan57 - 2013-03-28

I have not been able to get it to update for a while. The last one that updated for me was the Jan 23. Just tried the latest on win7, loaded 33 movies in channel 1 and froze. I have been loading the old one, update the channels then load the new one with set to never update.

PseudoTV (Video) Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script for XBMC - DaMan57 - 2013-03-29

The question:
(2013-03-24, 23:10)mosaxs Wrote: I posted before..please be patient. I can't find psuedotv anywhere in the system add ons. Not sure what zip file to use or how to load. Can someone direct me to a basic step by step tutorial?

Thanks in advance!

The answer:

(2013-01-23, 16:27)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 16:09)aoaaron Wrote: how do you install psuedoTV on frodo RC3? i've clicked install on the zip file for the latest developmntal version but it doesn't show up!!

https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/archive/stable-pre.zip
download this somewhere, then in xbmc go to system>add-ons>install from zip file and select it.

RE: PseudoTV - spanktastic2120 - 2013-03-29

(2013-03-23, 03:34)Lunatixz Wrote: I have no problems with PTV and strms under frodo... at first I thought it was broken, it turned out that unless you manually check to make sure runtimes are added to the nfos.. there is no guarantee that whatever program you are using is correctly creating the file... perhaps you should check your setup Smile
and just because you can't get something to work, doesn't mean its broken...
BTW Frodo has added more support to strms then eden...

I tried everything to get PTV to add strm files when i first updated to frodo, and just could never get it to add them. After writing an angry response and then testing it again to make sure my angry response was justified, it worked. So i dont know what the issue was before, but evidently everything works fine now.

RE: PseudoTV - jurm - 2013-03-29

(2013-03-29, 07:26)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 03:34)Lunatixz Wrote: I have no problems with PTV and strms under frodo... at first I thought it was broken, it turned out that unless you manually check to make sure runtimes are added to the nfos.. there is no guarantee that whatever program you are using is correctly creating the file... perhaps you should check your setup Smile

I tried everything to get PTV to add strm files when i first updated to frodo, and just could never get it to add them. After writing an angry response and then testing it again to make sure my angry response was justified, it worked. So i dont know what the issue was before, but evidently everything works fine now.

Could you post exactly how you got an STRM file to work? It never seems to work for me

RE: PseudoTV - Lunatixz - 2013-03-29

(2013-03-29, 21:21)jurm Wrote:
(2013-03-29, 07:26)spanktastic2120 Wrote:

Could you post exactly how you got an STRM file to work? It never seems to work for me

@ Jurm, did you even search the forum? I posted a guide a few pages back... shsssh

need help - VeNeM - 2013-03-30

am i doing something wrong?

Im using frodo/metropolis. when i select pseudotv from the tv menu, it automatically starts playing videos. i dont have a channel listing (i can briefly see one i think, i use mpc as my main video player for xbmc). as soon as i select pseudotv it autoplays videos in a loop. i hit stop, it goes back to xbmc briefly and then autoplays the next video. so on and so forth. have to alt-f4 out of mp4/xbmc to get it to stop. using the latest version available of pseudotv as well. external players not an option?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon: Vir - jurm - 2013-03-30

Thanks for the STRM guide, works a treat

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV (Video) Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Scriptt - Jason102 - 2013-03-30

To those with freezing during updating, you must post a log file...it's pretty hard to debug when the only thing I have to go on is "it's broken". Also, please make sure that you're at least using a stable-pre downloaded after March 25th, I pushed a big fix for a certain crash on that day.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Martijn - 2013-03-30

any chance of update to Frodo repo? Not sure in what state it's now since i haven't looked at the code to much but iirc you remove the HTTP-API stuff already

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Jason102 - 2013-03-30

Now that I've fixed the m2ts issue, I've considered it. As it stands, I need to fix the playlist problem. If anyone actually comes up with a log for the freeze issues they're seeing, I may fix those as well before submitting for Frodo. I'm hoping in the next week, or two as an outside estimate.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - jurm - 2013-03-31

One question on the STRM usage in psuedotv, it seems to crash the program if the stream is offline. Any fix to this?