Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-25, 16:38)lysin Wrote: I'm guessing that if I leave a second TV on that the episodes showing will be marked as seen on the shared library. Any way we can turn this off?

My dad wants this on his tv so much. Wink

No, No way around XBMC marking a show as watched...

(2013-04-26, 03:44)GuyDanger Wrote: Anyone else having issues with PseudoTV not playing sound? When i close PseudoTV and play the same file in xbmc, again no sound...so i go into the audio menu and click on volume and the sound is magically back. I go back to PsuedoTV and it seems to work fine. Then another random file will do the same thing all over again. I am running the latest build on Frodo and ATV2. Any ideas?

Only thing PTV does is mute XBMC audio during channel changes, if this doesn't solve your problem... then it's not related to PTV.,,

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Material3dge - 2013-04-26

So I just did a fresh install of XBMC running on Windows 7 HP (I managed to muck things up during the last 12.1 update) but, ever since I've been unable to get PseudoTV to function properly. I installed PseudoTV from the SuperRepo repository, but whenever I try to launch the plugin I get "script failed!: script.pseudotv." I'm usually pretty good at solving issues, but I have no idea what to do next in the troubleshooting process when it doesn't give me a useful error message.

Hopefully someone has an idea where I should look next..

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - DaMan57 - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-26, 05:19)Material3dge Wrote: So I just did a fresh install of XBMC running on Windows 7 HP (I managed to muck things up during the last 12.1 update) but, ever since I've been unable to get PseudoTV to function properly. I installed PseudoTV from the SuperRepo repository, but whenever I try to launch the plugin I get "script failed!: script.pseudotv." I'm usually pretty good at solving issues, but I have no idea what to do next in the troubleshooting process when it doesn't give me a useful error message.

The version at SuperRepo says its from April 16, but in fact is Feb 18.
The old version will give script errors.
Download the latest version from here.
Jason updated it about a week ago. Works fine for me.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - GuyDanger - 2013-04-26

Quote:Only thing PTV does is mute XBMC audio during channel changes, if this doesn't solve your problem... then it's not related to PTV.,,

This is exactly what seems to be happening. Can I disable the mute through code? I am using the ATV remote, so no mute button available to un-mute the media. It seems to be a bug in PTV none the less. It mutes the content during channel changes but sporadically decides to un-mute when new channel loads. Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-26, 16:42)GuyDanger Wrote:
Quote:Only thing PTV does is mute XBMC audio during channel changes, if this doesn't solve your problem... then it's not related to PTV.,,

This is exactly what seems to be happening. Can I disable the mute through code? I am using the ATV remote, so no mute button available to un-mute the media. It seems to be a bug in PTV none the less. It mutes the content during channel changes but sporadically decides to un-mute when new channel loads. Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.

Since this is the first time I heard about this issue and a lot of PTV users run on ATV... lets look at your setup before we look at code...
Are you exiting PTV properly? is PTV crashing during channel change? what type of media sources are you using local, shared, internet...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - GuyDanger - 2013-04-26

Quote:Since this is the first time I heard about this issue and a lot of PTV users run on ATV... lets look at your setup before we look at code...
Are you exiting PTV properly? is PTV crashing during channel change? what type of media sources are you using local, shared, internet...

I seem to be exiting PTV properly.

I have had PTV crash a couple times during channel change. This will actually reboot my system.
I am using a local server shared through SMB. (Shared wirelessly)

I will try and re-install PTV to see if that makes a difference.

I will also post a log file when I get home.

Thanks again.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Material3dge - 2013-04-27

(2013-04-26, 12:50)DaMan57 Wrote:
(2013-04-26, 05:19)Material3dge Wrote: So I just did a fresh install of XBMC running on Windows 7 HP (I managed to muck things up during the last 12.1 update) but, ever since I've been unable to get PseudoTV to function properly. I installed PseudoTV from the SuperRepo repository, but whenever I try to launch the plugin I get "script failed!: script.pseudotv." I'm usually pretty good at solving issues, but I have no idea what to do next in the troubleshooting process when it doesn't give me a useful error message.

That was the fix! Thanks DaMan! Is there a more preferable repo to use to get updates for PseudoTV? I'd prefer to have it auto update like most other addons if possible.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - DaMan57 - 2013-04-27

(2013-04-27, 00:23)Material3dge Wrote:
(2013-04-26, 12:50)DaMan57 Wrote:

That was the fix! Thanks DaMan! Is there a more preferable repo to use to get updates for PseudoTV? I'd prefer to have it auto update like most other addons if possible.

I'm not sure if it will auto update since Frodo broke it and it was pulled from repo, that would be a question for Jason102. I just check occasionally to see if there is a newer version. The link I posted will download the latest stable-pre version, if you would like to check before you download look here.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Daavid - 2013-04-27

(2013-04-22, 20:15)barney stinsen Wrote:
(2013-04-20, 21:20)EZ1976 Wrote:
(2013-04-20, 17:29)barney stinsen Wrote: I made this by myself. I don´t like the other overlays and epg´s. I made some changes.

I copied the parser/smb files from an older version, and now its a little bit better, but not 100%.

looks great
may i have a copy?
i like yours the best Smile

I will load it up tomorrow.

I just wondered if this had been posted yet?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - EZ1976 - 2013-04-27

(2013-04-27, 09:41)Daavid Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 20:15)barney stinsen Wrote:
(2013-04-20, 21:20)EZ1976 Wrote: looks great
may i have a copy?
i like yours the best Smile

I will load it up tomorrow.

I just wondered if this had been posted yet?

not yet.
i am waiting for this as well.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - maxi maxi - 2013-04-28

I have two questions:

Context: I have a lot of music videos segregated to 20-30 folders which represent different genres or artists
1) Is there any way for pseudotv to make channels automatically based on my directories?
2) While changing channels, is there anyway to show the director name for example: 20 - Rock.

Thank you!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - User 123356 - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-28, 11:22)maxi maxi Wrote: I have two questions:

Context: I have a lot of music videos segregated to 20-30 folders which represent different genres or artists
1) Is there any way for pseudotv to make channels automatically based on my directories?
2) While changing channels, is there anyway to show the director name for example: 20 - Rock.

Thank you!

For (1) -- Yes! This is a major reason I use PTV--music video channels (and documentaries, and court shows)!! In channel configuration, just pick "directory" instead of TV Network, Genre, etc and point it to where you keep those folders. If you have your folders shared via SMB like I do, mount them on the actual OS of your HTPC (sources.xml isn't enough). I recently migrated from the ATV2 because iOS cannot map network shares.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mlte - 2013-04-29

I need help , i'm trying to add STRM files to Pseudotv. I added the strm files to the library , created a smart playlist for each TV channel , and added those as channel.
But for whatever reason Pseudotv does not add the Channels that contain these smart playlists. I enabled "include icelibrary streams"

Any help?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - maxi maxi - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-29, 01:03)bonethugs1911 Wrote:
(2013-04-28, 11:22)maxi maxi Wrote: I have two questions:

Thank you!

For (1) -- Yes! This is a major reason I use PTV--music video channels (and documentaries, and court shows)!! In channel configuration, just pick "directory" instead of TV Network, Genre, etc and point it to where you keep those folders. If you have your folders shared via SMB like I do, mount them on the actual OS of your HTPC (sources.xml isn't enough). I recently migrated from the ATV2 because iOS cannot map network shares.

Not sure you undestand. Let's say I have folder "Music Videos", and in that folder, I have 30 folders, A,B,C,D etc. I am too lazy to make 30 entries in PseudoTV, refering to each folder, I want PseudoTV to make the channels based on the folders.. is it possible or do I have to do it manually? THanks.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - foxxiee - 2013-04-30

I have a problem with my PseudoTV, when I open it, it starts populating channels, then the 'pop up' that says what channel is updating etc. disappears and all that is left is a black screen. If I press arrow keys, I can still hear the sound of an XBMC menu, but nothing happens if I hit enter.

Anyone else get this problem or know why?

I can post a log if needed. I'm using the latest stable pre on XBMC 12.1.

Thanks!