Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-05-07

i'm having a similar issue as jbarauch76 where my playlist channels for tv shows are showing only the season and episode numbers with no plot info.These are also custom smart playlists for tv shows. Does anyone have a work around for this?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - menage - 2013-05-08

Where can I download a Frodo compatable Psuedo tv plug in. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - slumpmuffin - 2013-05-09

I'm kind of losing my mind over this one. Is anyone else having trouble with PTV not adding split movies to its channels? For example if a film like "Mad Foxes" were split up as "Mad Foxes part1.avi" and "Mad Foxes part2.avi"? I can play split films in XBMC proper seamlessly and without trouble, but they aren't showing up in the new PTV. I thought initially the issue was due to MCE naming the nfo's "<title> part1.nfo" instead of <title>.nfo. I have edited all of my nfo's to not include part1, but that hasn't solved my problem.

I'm running Frodo 12.2 and PTV 2.1.0. I've spent two evenings chasing this gremlin to no avail and I'm hoping that someone else has experienced and perhaps solved this.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-05-09

(2013-05-09, 05:30)slumpmuffin Wrote: I'm kind of losing my mind over this one. Is anyone else having trouble with PTV not adding split movies to its channels? For example if a film like "Mad Foxes" were split up as "Mad Foxes part1.avi" and "Mad Foxes part2.avi"? I can play split films in XBMC proper seamlessly and without trouble, but they aren't showing up in the new PTV. I thought initially the issue was due to MCE naming the nfo's "<title> part1.nfo" instead of <title>.nfo. I have edited all of my nfo's to not include part1, but that hasn't solved my problem.

I'm running Frodo 12.2 and PTV 2.1.0. I've spent two evenings chasing this gremlin to no avail and I'm hoping that someone else has experienced and perhaps solved this.

i had this issue with a movie being split, but it plays in a movie channel a part at a time, i dont think you can script it other than scheduling it to play part 1 then 2 at certain times or dates. i hope that kinda helps. anyone know how to get my tv show info to show on playlist channels?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - slumpmuffin - 2013-05-09

My movie channels are populated by smart playlists. If one smart playlist, for example, shows 214 titles when accessed in XBMC proper and PTV populates the channel using that playlist only the 67 "single part" titles will air, leaving out the remaining "split" (*.cd1, *.cd2, *.part1, *.part2) titles.

I've isolated the issue by adding the advanced "only play unwatched" rule and marking all single part titles as watched. This results in the channel not populating and thus not showing anything.

Unfortunately I cannot help you xkudeki, as I do not have TV Shows in my library. I appreciate your tip, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't having this issue with Eden and PTV 2.0. If I can't shake this down, I'll downgrade over the weekend to verify. I'm still really excited about PTV. It has completely changed my opinions on HT. Thanks so much Jason102!

Edit: Installed a portable of Eden. Channels are once again adding split titles and stacking them properly with both PTV 2.0 and PTV 2.1. Either this is a bug between PTV and Frodo or I'm a maroon.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - barney stinsen - 2013-05-12

(2013-04-27, 09:41)Daavid Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 20:15)barney stinsen Wrote:
(2013-04-20, 21:20)EZ1976 Wrote: looks great
may i have a copy?
i like yours the best Smile

I will load it up tomorrow.

I just wondered if this had been posted yet?

i need a few days, because my system chrashed. But now here is my pTV-Skin :

https://github.com/ingolfius/Retroplex-XBMC-1.git

I also have a new problem with pTV. Its the same like amcfarla. i look in the epg and it shows me only one tv-show. its not every channel, only a few. And when i shut down pTV and start it again, he starts on this channel with the first episode.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-05-13

I am also having the problem where the EPG is showing one episode going on forever on a channel. I was running an older version of the pre-stable branch and I knew Jason updated it a while ago and I finally decided to update PTV. Now that I have, I have many channels showing this problem. I have done some investigating and everything seems fine. The playlists generated by PTV for the problem channels look fine and have have many episodes listed. When play the problem channels they play fine as in a different episodes play after one finishes.

What is weird is that the channels that look correct in the EPG (showing multiple episodes) show the full file name in the info rather than just the episode name. Something seems wrong with PTV and, unfortunately, it seems Jason isn't around much lately to fix it. Isn't everyone on the latest pre-stable experiencing this problem? All I did was update and now I see it.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - barney stinsen - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-13, 03:14)RockDawg Wrote: I am also having the problem where the EPG is showing one episode going on forever on a channel. I was running an older version of the pre-stable branch and I knew Jason updated it a while ago and I finally decided to update PTV. Now that I have, I have many channels showing this problem. I have done some investigating and everything seems fine. The playlists generated by PTV for the problem channels look fine and have have many episodes listed. When play the problem channels they play fine as in a different episodes play after one finishes.

What is weird is that the channels that look correct in the EPG (showing multiple episodes) show the full file name in the info rather than just the episode name. Something seems wrong with PTV and, unfortunately, it seems Jason isn't around much lately to fix it. Isn't everyone on the latest pre-stable experiencing this problem? All I did was update and now I see it.

I had to install a newer version of pTV because my system crashed, and now its not like before. If i use the options of pTV it shows me one episode forever, if i use only smartplaylists from xbmc it shows me one tv-series from the first to last episode and then it starts with the next tvseries from the smartplaylist. Its nothing like before. I don´t know whats the problem, but so i can´t use it. UndecidedSad

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-05-13

Since I've yet to get a response to my question, has anyone figured out how to get smart playlist channels to display the show information and episode name? All my channels display as s01e13.thebigbangtheory.mp4 and titles like that. I'm running Eden XBMC an PTV 2.1 or something. Please help! This is driving me crazy!!!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - thatkookooguy - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-12, 13:30)barney stinsen Wrote:
(2013-04-27, 09:41)Daavid Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 20:15)barney stinsen Wrote: I will load it up tomorrow.

I just wondered if this had been posted yet?

i need a few days, because my system chrashed. But now here is my pTV-Skin :

https://github.com/ingolfius/Retroplex-XBMC-1.git

I also have a new problem with pTV. Its the same like amcfarla. i look in the epg and it shows me only one tv-show. its not every channel, only a few. And when i shut down pTV and start it again, he starts on this channel with the first episode.

Where do I put the media folder? thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-05-14

(2013-04-17, 02:35)Jason102 Wrote: Pushed a change to use the duration from XBMC instead of determining it. It's not as accurate, but it will be more reliable and faster than the video parsers.

Could you add in using the <durationinseconds> tag as well? strm files from the hulu plugin only have that tag and not the <runtime> tag in their nfo. xbmc still shows a "runtime" for every episode on the info page but i think it is just calculating it from the <durationinseconds> tag instead of putting it into the runtime field.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-05-14

Sure enough, I deleted the newest version of PTV and re-installed the older one and the EPG is showing episode correctly now. No more single, infinitely long episode on a channel. I'm not sure exactly which git version it is as they are all 2.1.0, so I can't be sure what fixes it includes or is lacking. But I can post it for download if anyone is interested.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-14, 19:29)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 02:35)Jason102 Wrote: Pushed a change to use the duration from XBMC instead of determining it. It's not as accurate, but it will be more reliable and faster than the video parsers.

Could you add in using the <durationinseconds> tag as well? strm files from the hulu plugin only have that tag and not the <runtime> tag in their nfo. xbmc still shows a "runtime" for every episode on the info page but i think it is just calculating it from the <durationinseconds> tag instead of putting it into the runtime field.

look for my topic on adding strms to ptv... for info

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - barney stinsen - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-14, 20:24)RockDawg Wrote: Sure enough, I deleted the newest version of PTV and re-installed the older one and the EPG is showing episode correctly now. No more single, infinitely long episode on a channel. I'm not sure exactly which git version it is as they are all 2.1.0, so I can't be sure what fixes it includes or is lacking. But I can post it for download if anyone is interested.

That would be nice.NodBig Grin

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - User 55003 - 2013-05-15

(2013-05-14, 20:24)RockDawg Wrote: Sure enough, I deleted the newest version of PTV and re-installed the older one and the EPG is showing episode correctly now. No more single, infinitely long episode on a channel. I'm not sure exactly which git version it is as they are all 2.1.0, so I can't be sure what fixes it includes or is lacking. But I can post it for download if anyone is interested.

I also noticed this behaviour in the latest stable pre and it is due to the changes made to ChannelList.py. Jason102 changed the order of finding the video duration by using the runtime field from the db over the videoParser.getVideoLength method. Using the db method can be problematic for various reasons (runtime not scraped correctly/corrupt...). So I reverted the changes to ChannelList.py and all is good.

Here is a link to the modified file if you need it.
ChannelList.py