Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

Re: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-05-24

Unless Jason pushed an update... Stable-pre is the lastest not master

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blubberx - 2013-05-24

yeah thought so after spanktastics post

tried the dev (stable-pre?) version but gives me a black screen although i can still hear xbmc beep on keypresses

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-05-24

(2013-05-24, 22:53)blubberx Wrote: yeah thought so after spanktastics post

tried the dev (stable-pre?) version but gives me a black screen although i can still hear xbmc beep on keypresses

try deleting script.pseudotv in your userdata folder and then copy and paste the contents of the stable-pre into script.pseudotv in your addons folder, overwriting the files.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - rich.h - 2013-05-26

Hoping someone can offer soe insight on a minor issue. I use pseudo TV along with pseudo TV manager, also my drives are setup as "media 1, media 2 etc" just for my own ease when doing backups. All my currently in use drives are connected via direct SATA to the motherboard. Also for backup I have a usb SATA connector whereby each backup drive gets plugged in once a week and synced.

Due to funds I can only buy drives one at a time and so work on the following method:

1. Buy a drive to use as a working media drive and organse the files, also this is a risky time as there is no backup drive.

2. When funds allow me I purchase a backup drive for the first step and begin sync.

3. Buy a second working media drive when funds allow/space is low and use without backup until funds allow.

4. Repeat from step 2.

The risk aspect of this is not an issue its simple reality of funds, but for efficiency I try to buy the largest drive I can afford. This has just resulted in me buying a 2tb drive to replace what was my media 2 drive (1tb), and using the old drive as a partial backup until funds allow me to buy a 3tb and so on.

My problem is that now I tell xbmc to edit a folder, for example I tell xbmc that my new TV show folder is no longer F:\TV (the old 1tb) and now G:\TV (the new 2tb). This results in having to scan the media in xbmc for new entries. Here is the problem I end up with now duplicates in the library for example I see two instances of "Through the Wormhole" I can easily manually remove the show and keep the new drive version but this is slow and painstaking. If I were to totally clean my xbmc video library and re add all library file locations will this cause a problem with my pseudo TV setup?

I removed the example program above manually and it solved the issue in the library however when I open up pseudo TV manager there is still two instances listed. Hitting refresh didn't fix this issue so I am left wondering if the only option is to wipe the script file? However this will result in having to setup all my channels/networks etc from scratch, a task I'm not willing to do.

Have I missed an obvious solution to this issue? many thanks in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-05-27

(2013-05-26, 14:54)rich.h Wrote: Hoping someone can offer soe insight on a minor issue. I use pseudo TV along with pseudo TV manager, also my drives are setup as "media 1, media 2 etc" just for my own ease when doing backups. All my currently in use drives are connected via direct SATA to the motherboard. Also for backup I have a usb SATA connector whereby each backup drive gets plugged in once a week and synced.

Due to funds I can only buy drives one at a time and so work on the following method:

1. Buy a drive to use as a working media drive and organse the files, also this is a risky time as there is no backup drive.

2. When funds allow me I purchase a backup drive for the first step and begin sync.

3. Buy a second working media drive when funds allow/space is low and use without backup until funds allow.

4. Repeat from step 2.

The risk aspect of this is not an issue its simple reality of funds, but for efficiency I try to buy the largest drive I can afford. This has just resulted in me buying a 2tb drive to replace what was my media 2 drive (1tb), and using the old drive as a partial backup until funds allow me to buy a 3tb and so on.

My problem is that now I tell xbmc to edit a folder, for example I tell xbmc that my new TV show folder is no longer F:\TV (the old 1tb) and now G:\TV (the new 2tb). This results in having to scan the media in xbmc for new entries. Here is the problem I end up with now duplicates in the library for example I see two instances of "Through the Wormhole" I can easily manually remove the show and keep the new drive version but this is slow and painstaking. If I were to totally clean my xbmc video library and re add all library file locations will this cause a problem with my pseudo TV setup?

I removed the example program above manually and it solved the issue in the library however when I open up pseudo TV manager there is still two instances listed. Hitting refresh didn't fix this issue so I am left wondering if the only option is to wipe the script file? However this will result in having to setup all my channels/networks etc from scratch, a task I'm not willing to do.

Have I missed an obvious solution to this issue? many thanks in advance.

If you have two drives with the same media and both are configured as sources in xbmc then as far as xbmc scanning stuff it will add everything from drive 1 and drive 2, it doesnt matter if the files are the same, you set them both as sources so xbmc treats them like sources.

If you are removing the old drive so that you only have one copy of your media that xbmc can see, but it is under a different path than when you originally scanned it in then you just need to clean your video library and xbmc will remove the entries that dont have a valid path anymore.

What it sounds like youre doing is duplicating all your media and having them both listed as sources in xbmc. What you should do is just change the drive letters for your media drives so that the drive you plug in as a replacement assumes the drive letter of the original drive. Then you wont need to change anything in xbmc and it will continue to scan in new content as you fill that drive. If youre using windows then open control panel > administrative tools > computer management > disk management and right click the drive to change its letter.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - alphabeta279 - 2013-05-27

Ok, have just tried to install this - installs fine, but I can't figure out how I'm meant to create my channel configuration!

I go into the setting and it says 'creating default channel config' and populates with some standard channels, but I can't see any 'ok' button to confirm. Therefore when I leave the screen and go back in it hasn't saved and have to start again. Am I being daft?!?!

Am using Ace skin, but have tried with Confluence.

Have read through the forum and downloaded the pdf walkthrough which again reiterate that I need to hit the ok button otherwise everything gets lost...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - phsyraxion - 2013-05-28

I have been reading through this thread and it seems there are some issues appearing. Is Jason still around?

I have not updated PTV in about a year and it has worked fine through Dharma and Eden no worries. It still seems to work "OK" but I do have an issue where the TV guide is out of whack with the actual video files. Lets say a show shows it is half way through, the show is actually 3/4 of the way through so if you select a show that is in the last 3/4 it just skips to the next show. Does that make sense.

I have not yet updated any PTV files since last year as I have not read anything so far that says this has been an issue apart from the new method of getting the time of files which I believe is not my issue.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - alphabeta279 - 2013-05-28

Can see he's submitted updates to code in GitHub around a month ago, so still doing some work on it?

Just adding to above post, can anyone confirm how they actually get channel configuration to save?

Ie what steps involved: open channel configuration > make changes > then is it hit ok or do you exit and it saves automatically... Am sure I'm just missing something with the unintuitive GUI...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - foxxiee - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-24, 22:53)blubberx Wrote: yeah thought so after spanktastics post

Got exactly the same issue with certain channels. Playing around with the channels I can get it to work, seems PseudoTV has issues with some episodes...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-05-29

I was just informed that the file I posted earlier is an empty zip. so once again I uploaded a zip file containing a slightly older version of PTV that uses a different priority for runtime calculation and fixes the single long episode in the EPG problem for me. Here is the correct file:

https://www.box.com/s/6cr0j1bhukrpj5cosm5b

On a similar note, Lunatixz had mentioned something to me about incorrect runtimes being the cause that problem and that seems to be the cause in my case. When I compared the shows that had the episodes listed correctly in the newest version of PTV against shows that showed one long episode, I found the problem indeed lied in the duration that was stored in the db. Most of my "bad" shows had episode runtimes like 86400 which works out to be 24 hours. That explains why it would show as one long episode. The problem for me seems to be that Ember Media Manager stored that field in seconds format. XBMC, it appears, expects it to be in minutes but for some reason stores it in the db as seconds. Because of that it multiplies the value by 60.

so if Ember stores the runtime correctly as 24 minutes, XBMC would multiply that by 60 and input 1440 in the db and everything is fine. But, when ember store the runtime in seconds as 1440, XBMC still multiplies that by 60 and inputs 86400 in the db, Thus creating the problem. I can't understand why XBMC does this, but nonetheless I bet if all of you having this problem check your db, you will notice extremely long runtimes for your problem shows.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - tromy - 2013-05-30

Hello to everyone,
I use pseudo tv for six months and the only problem i have is the epg sync mostly in movies channels(made by genre).The epg is one movie back in some channels and 4-6 hours to other channels.The rest movie channels works OK
!! I searched the forum and nothing found.If someone has the same problem,or anyone else could help would be great. Thanks in advance

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - galactus84 - 2013-05-31

I have a problem with smartplaylist based music video channels since updating to v2.1.0. I have around 500 files with proper local metadata. All of them show up in the library, but only around 20 are getting picked up by PTV. It's the same ones all over again, no matter how many times i reset or change versions of PTV or XBMC. I've looked at this for a while now and couldn't find any pattern. Different containers and codecs. The logfile isn't showing anything relevant. Does anyone have a pre-april version? Jason's github has only v0.1.4. and that's a bit too old.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - phsyraxion - 2013-05-31

(2013-05-30, 18:32)tromy Wrote: Hello to everyone,
I use pseudo tv for six months and the only problem i have is the epg sync mostly in movies channels(made by genre).The epg is one movie back in some channels and 4-6 hours to other channels.The rest movie channels works OK
!! I searched the forum and nothing found.If someone has the same problem,or anyone else could help would be great. Thanks in advance

My issue is similar just several posts above. My guide is not accurate compared with what is playing and it is only just become an issue from Frodo. Still using the same PTV build I have used for the last 12 months.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - User 55003 - 2013-05-31

(2013-05-29, 06:29)RockDawg Wrote: so if Ember stores the runtime correctly as 24 minutes, XBMC would multiply that by 60 and input 1440 in the db and everything is fine. But, when ember store the runtime in seconds as 1440, XBMC still multiplies that by 60 and inputs 86400 in the db, Thus creating the problem. I can't understand why XBMC does this, but nonetheless I bet if all of you having this problem check your db, you will notice extremely long runtimes for your problem shows.

There is a new option in the latest Ember (1.3.0.13) to save the episode runtime as minutes.

goto (Settings/TvShows/Scrapers - Data), the option can be found down the bottom (Duration Format) Use Duration for runtime <m>.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-05-31

(2013-05-31, 02:19)phsyraxion Wrote:
(2013-05-30, 18:32)tromy Wrote: Hello to everyone,

My issue is similar just several posts above. My guide is not accurate compared with what is playing and it is only just become an issue from Frodo. Still using the same PTV build I have used for the last 12 months.

If you are using frodo then you need to be using the version of PTV for frodo, grab the latest stable-pre from the front page of the thread. If you still have issues with the guide lining up with what is playing then the runtimes of your videos are not accurate in xbmc.

(2013-05-31, 00:11)galactus84 Wrote: I have a problem with smartplaylist based music video channels since updating to v2.1.0. I have around 500 files with proper local metadata. All of them show up in the library, but only around 20 are getting picked up by PTV. It's the same ones all over again, no matter how many times i reset or change versions of PTV or XBMC. I've looked at this for a while now and couldn't find any pattern. Different containers and codecs. The logfile isn't showing anything relevant. Does anyone have a pre-april version? Jason's github has only v0.1.4. and that's a bit too old.

If you tell us more about your setup we might be able to help you. What version of xbmc, what operating system, if on frodo are you using the stable-pre (the versions are the same i believe)?