Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - denz13 - 2013-05-31

This may be a stupid question, can PsuedoTV pull through videos from Navi-X?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - galactus84 - 2013-05-31

(2013-05-31, 15:09)spanktastic2120 Wrote: If you tell us more about your setup we might be able to help you.

Well, let's see what we can come up with: I'm on Windows 7 x64.
I have several versions of XBMC in portable mode: v12.0, v12.2 and v13.0-ALPHA4 Git20130506-ddad03c. I've tried out PTV's current master and stable-pre with all of the above XBMC builds. Currently I'm on stable-pre on all of them.

Here's a zip that contains nfo files of videos that are and that aren't picked up by PTV, the relevant smart playlists, screenshots of their content via the library, the m3u channels generated by PTV and my channel settings xml files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvzx8e187bs6g57/ptv.zip

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-06-01

(2013-05-31, 23:38)galactus84 Wrote:
(2013-05-31, 15:09)spanktastic2120 Wrote: If you tell us more about your setup we might be able to help you.

Well, let's see what we can come up with: I'm on Windows 7 x64.
I have several versions of XBMC in portable mode: v12.0, v12.2 and v13.0-ALPHA4 Git20130506-ddad03c. I've tried out PTV's current master and stable-pre with all of the above XBMC builds. Currently I'm on stable-pre on all of them.

Here's a zip that contains nfo files of videos that are and that aren't picked up by PTV, the relevant smart playlists, screenshots of their content via the library, the m3u channels generated by PTV and my channel settings xml files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvzx8e187bs6g57/ptv.zip

If only everyone were as thorough.

I dont use music videos and ive never seen a <runtime> format with a colon but ill assume its acceptable because its present in nfos for videos that are and are not picked up by PTV for you. If all the videos are in your library then the only reason i know of for why PTV would skip them is that the proper <runtime> tag is not associated with them in your library. What i would try is removing a few items that have successfully been picked up by PTV from your library then scanning them back in using the nfo files, if they no longer get picked up then its a <runtime> issue, if they do get picked up and the format of their nfo is the same as the ones that dont then im out of ideas.

If you turn on debugging then your xbmc.log might have something of use in it when the channels are being populated. you can delete the m3u for a particular channel and PTV will remake it when it restarts and write some stuff to xbmc.log in the process. Id like to see that log if you still have issues after my first suggestion, and remember forum policy is to use pastebin for log files.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - lusephur - 2013-06-01

(2013-05-31, 21:21)denz13 Wrote: This may be a stupid question, can PsuedoTV pull through videos from Navi-X?

Number of answers here. All no.
No it can't, nor never will have any involvement with naxi-x
The plugin functions upon the data scraped by XBMC inself for the XBMC database, nothing more. Unless TVDB or MovieDB or you have created an xml.nfo file for whatever, pseudo will not see it.
To simplify, pseudo only populates channels based on criteria supplied by xbmc scraping media content (On local drives, not streaming services, not ftp or rtmp links, only locally accessible media.)

Sorry, I do realise you are asking what you believe to be an honest question, but, alas you seem to me confused about the function of PTV.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - bacontaco - 2013-06-01

XBMC lost my settings for some random reason and I had to reset all of my PseudoTV channels.

I have been able to recreate all but one of them, and I am hoping that someone here can help me out. I used to have a channel (lets say, channel 30) that would play five of my favorite shows in a specific order. These five shows are on channels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 - so I set up channel 30 to interlace these five channels, but I couldn't get the channel to show up at first. What I had to do in order to get the channel to show up is to set the channel to play the same tv show as channel 1, then interlaced 2, 3, 4, and 5 - and this allowed the channel to show up, but it's playing the shows in random order. For example, I get 2, 3, 2, 5, 1, 2, 4, etc - when I want them to cycle 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 over and over. Can someone help me with what I am doing wrong? Thank you!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blondeshanks - 2013-06-01

(2013-03-30, 23:09)Jason102 Wrote: Now that I've fixed the m2ts issue, I've considered it. As it stands, I need to fix the playlist problem. If anyone actually comes up with a log for the freeze issues they're seeing, I may fix those as well before submitting for Frodo. I'm hoping in the next week, or two as an outside estimate.

Hi Jason102,

Just wondered, will this excellent add-on be added to the official XBMC.org repository or will we have to stick to manual install for the time being?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-06-01

(2013-06-01, 07:17)bacontaco Wrote: XBMC lost my settings for some random reason and I had to reset all of my PseudoTV channels.

I have been able to recreate all but one of them, and I am hoping that someone here can help me out. I used to have a channel (lets say, channel 30) that would play five of my favorite shows in a specific order. These five shows are on channels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 - so I set up channel 30 to interlace these five channels, but I couldn't get the channel to show up at first. What I had to do in order to get the channel to show up is to set the channel to play the same tv show as channel 1, then interlaced 2, 3, 4, and 5 - and this allowed the channel to show up, but it's playing the shows in random order. For example, I get 2, 3, 2, 5, 1, 2, 4, etc - when I want them to cycle 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 over and over. Can someone help me with what I am doing wrong? Thank you!

I tried to mimic this to find a solution. I have never worked with interleaving before and i couldnt get a single show to interleave into a "tv show" type channel, it would just play every episode of the original show over and over. But maybe you could set the minimum interleave number higher, to 4, and then add an even show distribution rule so it will only play a single episode from a show in a row. Or change the maximum to 4, i dont know. But that is what i would play around with.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - phsyraxion - 2013-06-02

(2013-05-31, 15:09)spanktastic2120 Wrote: If you are using frodo then you need to be using the version of PTV for frodo, grab the latest stable-pre from the front page of the thread. If you still have issues with the guide lining up with what is playing then the runtimes of your videos are not accurate in xbmc.

Still the same with the latest Pre...

The runtimes should all be fine. Previous to Frodo I had no issues and I scrape all details using XBMC. Data is stored in MYSQL and has been there for over 2 years.

It appears some episodes are showing at 30 minutes in the PTV guide but when I check the library, the actual runtime is only 21 minutes or so. I have no idea how it is getting its info or how it differs from how it use to work.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-06-02

(2013-06-02, 03:37)phsyraxion Wrote: Still the same with the latest Pre...

The runtimes should all be fine. Previous to Frodo I had no issues and I scrape all details using XBMC. Data is stored in MYSQL and has been there for over 2 years.

It appears some episodes are showing at 30 minutes in the PTV guide but when I check the library, the actual runtime is only 21 minutes or so. I have no idea how it is getting its info or how it differs from how it use to work.

The runtime value you see on the info dialog in xbmc may not be the <runtime> tag, which is what PTV uses. Try making an episode nfo for one of your episodes with a <runtime> tag with a value of something like 3 hours and then refresh it in your library and select the option to not ignore the local file. Rebuild that channel in PTV and if it takes up 3 hours in the epg then you know its a <runtime> issue. Im not sure exactly what xbmc uses when it shows runtime on the info dialog, but i know ive seen the values for <durationinseconds> and <runtime> which for some reason are different tags.

Im pretty sure, though not positive, that when you scrape from thetvdb the runtime will be whatever its listed as on that site, which could be 30 minutes even though without commercials an episode is 21 minutes. And the newer versions of PTV use the runtime stored by xbmc (which again may not be the value you see on the info dialog) before parsing the file for its runtime, i think its faster this way, im not a developer so i dont know why the change was made.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - EZ1976 - 2013-06-02

(2013-05-30, 18:32)tromy Wrote: Hello to everyone,
I use pseudo tv for six months and the only problem i have is the epg sync mostly in movies channels(made by genre).The epg is one movie back in some channels and 4-6 hours to other channels.The rest movie channels works OK
!! I searched the forum and nothing found.If someone has the same problem,or anyone else could help would be great. Thanks in advance

this happened to me when i scrapped my xbmc database with a hebrew scrapper.
is yours native english? (meaning using the themoviedb scrapper?)

it happened when PTV cannot read the info of the movie and just skips it when creating the channel.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Booza - 2013-06-02

(2013-05-24, 23:28)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 22:53)blubberx Wrote: yeah thought so after spanktastics post

tried the dev (stable-pre?) version but gives me a black screen although i can still hear xbmc beep on keypresses

try deleting script.pseudotv in your userdata folder and then copy and paste the contents of the stable-pre into script.pseudotv in your addons folder, overwriting the files.

Thanks for this, been trying to get this addon to work for ages but your suggestion worked for me.

Edit - whoops, premature excitement, it begun compiling channels and thats when I posted but once complete I had the black screen again.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - EZ1976 - 2013-06-02

hi
i have a suggestion / question

anyone know what PY file i need to modify inorder for PTV to use the "plot summery" as the info instead of the "plot"?
that way it wont cut off.

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - tremainc - 2013-06-02

Hey guys...

I have searched high and wide for a proper list to how to get certain Advanced Channel settings to work, so I apologise in advance if this has already been covered.

Mostly I want them to work for my Music Channels. I have an On Demand MTV style channel, and a Classic Channel. I am running these directly out of directories rather than scraping cause I can't seem to get the Music Video scraper to work. I want to be able to have different types of music video scheduled at the same time ie New Music everyday in the afternoon, Live/Concerts on Sunday Nights, Dance Party Late Friday and Saturday nights, 90's grunge Saturday mornings etc. I have moved all my music videos into genre folders on my drives and create separate hidden channels with them in it. The problem is I can't get the channel scheduling to work at all, and wondering if it only works for scraped media. What I thought I could do also was do tricky interleaving as well, but it failed also. For example, I make custom videos for bumpers. I made a channel for a music genre bumper ie Up next Brand New Music. Then on the bumper channel, I then interleaved the New Music folder so every 7 songs on the On Demand MTV channel, it would play the bumper, then a random song from the Brand New Music folder. Unfortunately it would just play the bumper, and not play the following interleave from the Brand New Music folder.

So I also wanted Friends to play 3 episodes on at 6pm every night, so I created a smart playlist and placed it, and still no luck. I know it must be something I am doing, but I can't find anyone who has done extensive Advanced Channel programming to reference off.

One more thing. The code that allows for the 'Coming Up Next' Pop up to come on the screen, is there code that could be added to pop up to show what is currently playing ie like a lower third for music videos

Thanks guys Smile

JD Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - phsyraxion - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-02, 03:59)spanktastic2120 Wrote: The runtime value you see on the info dialog in xbmc may not be the <runtime> tag, which is what PTV uses. Try making an episode nfo for one of your episodes with a <runtime> tag with a value of something like 3 hours and then refresh it in your library and select the option to not ignore the local file. Rebuild that channel in PTV and if it takes up 3 hours in the epg then you know its a <runtime> issue. Im not sure exactly what xbmc uses when it shows runtime on the info dialog, but i know ive seen the values for <durationinseconds> and <runtime> which for some reason are different tags.

Im pretty sure, though not positive, that when you scrape from thetvdb the runtime will be whatever its listed as on that site, which could be 30 minutes even though without commercials an episode is 21 minutes. And the newer versions of PTV use the runtime stored by xbmc (which again may not be the value you see on the info dialog) before parsing the file for its runtime, i think its faster this way, im not a developer so i dont know why the change was made.

Hmmm.

I have just checked and it appears some shows have <runtime> in the details (simply says 30 minutes) where some files have <durationinseconds>. XBMC must have changed how it stores tags or whatever because I have only ever used XBMC to scrape details and create NFO files for the last 3 years.

Not sure why the change has been made either but I had no issues using the old method of getting the time. It would be great to have an option in the settings to use the old way or new way. The only "issue" I had was a slightly slow guide but I only have about 20 channels setup and no online channels so it was fine for me. The last thing I want to do is update all my 50,000 NFO files with the time.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-03, 04:46)phsyraxion Wrote:
(2013-06-02, 03:59)spanktastic2120 Wrote: The runtime value you see on the info dialog in xbmc may not be the <runtime> tag, which is what PTV uses. Try making an episode nfo for one of your episodes with a <runtime> tag with a value of something like 3 hours and then refresh it in your library and select the option to not ignore the local file. Rebuild that channel in PTV and if it takes up 3 hours in the epg then you know its a <runtime> issue. Im not sure exactly what xbmc uses when it shows runtime on the info dialog, but i know ive seen the values for <durationinseconds> and <runtime> which for some reason are different tags.

Hmmm.

I have just checked and it appears some shows have <runtime> in the details (simply says 30 minutes) where some files have <durationinseconds>. XBMC must have changed how it stores tags or whatever because I have only ever used XBMC to scrape details and create NFO files for the last 3 years.

Not sure why the change has been made either but I had no issues using the old method of getting the time. It would be great to have an option in the settings to use the old way or new way. The only "issue" I had was a slightly slow guide but I only have about 20 channels setup and no online channels so it was fine for me. The last thing I want to do is update all my 50,000 NFO files with the time.

I think people are missing the point of the NFO's... they are not needed for local media! If you have a properly encoded file, and it's scraped into xbmc... ptv will use the file!

You only need an nfo to help with strm files that don't have metadata! or don't conform to show standards (not found by scraper)...

If you have incorrect runtime information from local media edit your db info or edit your metadata or try scrapping again... if all else fails then create a nfo...

(2013-06-02, 11:39)Booza Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 23:28)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-05-24, 22:53)blubberx Wrote: yeah thought so after spanktastics post

tried the dev (stable-pre?) version but gives me a black screen although i can still hear xbmc beep on keypresses

try deleting script.pseudotv in your userdata folder and then copy and paste the contents of the stable-pre into script.pseudotv in your addons folder, overwriting the files.

Thanks for this, been trying to get this addon to work for ages but your suggestion worked for me.

Edit - whoops, premature excitement, it begun compiling channels and thats when I posted but once complete I had the black screen again.

Black screen equals one of two things... either your machine is slow so be patient something will pop up... or you have an xbmc addon that is causing problems with ptv... disable trakt or follw.it...