Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - locoguano - 2013-06-15

(2013-06-14, 20:48)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-06-14, 08:26)locoguano Wrote: Just started using this addon today. I am playing around with the channel editor and I'm running into a problem using "Tv Network: ABC" as a channel. Even though I have ten ABC shows in my library (all properly labeled as ABC), only one of them is showing up in the channel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Just try a PBS channel.. Same deal. Only one show is in the guide even though I have eight PBS shows in the library.

If you create a Smart Playlist from within the XBMC interface, using the rules, TV Shows, Studio is ABC, or whatever studio, what do you get? Do you get the same show or more?

Mark

I tried that, now I have a different issue. XBMC loads the playlist as it should and contains all of the shows from ABC. When I load up PTV, there is only one show and its the same episode over and over.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>ABC</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="studio" operator="is">
        <value>ABC</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="doesnotcontain">
        <value>Chew</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="doesnotcontain">
        <value>Dancing with the stars</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-06-16

locoguano,

Okay, so this only occurs inside of PTV. Have you tried making a tv show channel using one of the "ABC" shows that will not show up otherwise? If not, can you try and see what happens? I am thinking it might have something to do with your durations. How do you scrape your shows? Do you use an external program to create your nfo files or do you let XBMC scrape them?

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - locoguano - 2013-06-16

I let XBMC scrape them.

Let me just say this. What I would like is:
1. ABC shows (or whatever network/studio)
2. In order by episode
3. No two episodes of the same show twice in a row.
Example: Castle Episode 1, Detroit 1-8-7 Episode 1, The Chew Episode 1, Castle Episode 2... etc.

Anyone who has something similar to that, please post.

EDIT: I think I have it figured out... Using rules settings in PTV to get it done.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - garydebergerac - 2013-06-16

I've just installed and I am getting the script failed error. Kind of impossible to search 430 pages of a forum post, so any ideas? Running Frodo 12.2...

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-06-16

I finally got around to trying out Best-Effort scheduling, and I have to say... It isn't working. Am I missing something? For example, I have set a schedule so that every Sunday ("U"), one movie from channel 52 will play on channel 2 at 7:00pm (19:00). But after I set this and restart PseudoTV, the EPG still doesn't show that there is any movie scheduled for that time? Does it just not show up in the EPG, is that how it is supposed to work? I've tried it on several different channels and the EPG never reflects the best-effort scheduling.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - locoguano - 2013-06-17

Every time I look at this thread I get pissed off to no end that Amazon added DRM to their service. This works beautifully with Hulu... load time is hardly any time at all. Amazon increases my library ten fold but I can no longer play those videos in XBMC.

KHAAAAAAN!!!!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-17

(2013-06-16, 16:56)geebs61 Wrote: I finally got around to trying out Best-Effort scheduling, and I have to say... It isn't working. Am I missing something? For example, I have set a schedule so that every Sunday ("U"), one movie from channel 52 will play on channel 2 at 7:00pm (19:00). But after I set this and restart PseudoTV, the EPG still doesn't show that there is any movie scheduled for that time? Does it just not show up in the EPG, is that how it is supposed to work? I've tried it on several different channels and the EPG never reflects the best-effort scheduling.

When you channel interweave only the main channels rules apply (channel 2's rules overwrite channel 52's rules)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-06-17

(2013-06-17, 00:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-16, 16:56)geebs61 Wrote: I finally got around to trying out Best-Effort scheduling, and I have to say... It isn't working. Am I missing something? For example, I have set a schedule so that every Sunday ("U"), one movie from channel 52 will play on channel 2 at 7:00pm (19:00). But after I set this and restart PseudoTV, the EPG still doesn't show that there is any movie scheduled for that time? Does it just not show up in the EPG, is that how it is supposed to work? I've tried it on several different channels and the EPG never reflects the best-effort scheduling.

When you channel interweave only the main channels rules apply (channel 2's rules overwrite channel 52's rules)

Yes. I am aware. Channel 2 is the only channel with any rules in this situation. 52 has no rules, and is just a movie channel. Channel 2 is ABC, and 52 is Walt Disney movies. Both channels work perfectly, except the "best-effort scheduling" rule. This rule will not work, no matter what I schedule, when, or where.

Right now the rules on channel 2 are as follows:

Interleave 110 every 1 show (commercials)
Interleave 100 every 2 shows (bumper
Best effort schedule channel 52 Sunday nights at 7:00pm (19:00)

Which gives me a schedule of "show/commercial/bumper/show/commercial/bumper" etc. Which is exactly what I want. But when 7:00pm on SUnday comes around it continues the "show/commercial/bumper/show/commercial/bumper" schedule.

It follows all rules perfectly, but seems to ignore the best effort scheduling rule. Without exception. On every channel. With every video. At every minute of the day.

It is literally the only rule I can't get to do ANYTHING at all.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-06-17

(2013-06-16, 08:11)locoguano Wrote: I let XBMC scrape them.

Let me just say this. What I would like is:
1. ABC shows (or whatever network/studio)
2. In order by episode
3. No two episodes of the same show twice in a row.
Example: Castle Episode 1, Detroit 1-8-7 Episode 1, The Chew Episode 1, Castle Episode 2... etc.

Anyone who has something similar to that, please post.

EDIT: I think I have it figured out... Using rules settings in PTV to get it done.

That is the way I have most of my channels set up, so it is doable. As for your other problem....I am at a loss, sorry.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - locoguano - 2013-06-17

I noticed in post #1 the guide has a line that separates each video. Mine (below) doesn't have that in any of the skins I've tried. Anyone know how I go about fixing this (I prefer Nox and Ace skins).

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - EZ1976 - 2013-06-17

played around with my ptv skin if anyone wants.
links and info are in the next post

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - EZ1976 - 2013-06-17

created 2 sets. one with bottom info and one with top info

bottom info

top info:
http://i.imgur.com/D89eBsZ.jpg

EPG:

skin:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gz4kcmc2xpbdcuc

in the rar file (in the 720p folder) you will see a few xml files
the EPG large fonts and the EPG regular are 2 options that you can see in the pictures above. just rename the ones you want to script.pseudotv.EPG.xml
same goes to script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml - just select if you want the top info or bottom info.

the default ones are set to top info and large font EPG.
(ignore the hebrew fonts - i use a hebrew scrapper)

hope you like it

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - garydebergerac - 2013-06-18

all these posts are great, and I sure would like to get to the point of changing skins, but this script doesn't load. does anyone have an idea why?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - defdave - 2013-06-18

(2013-06-14, 01:03)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-13, 22:40)defdave Wrote: I've been running PseudoTV for months without any major issues until yesterday and I can't figure this one out.

My PseudoTV setup is pulling videos from three separate networked hard drives, all streaming from one computer (not my htpc). I have made zero changes to network sharing or streaming settings but all of a sudden yesterday, the videos on one of my hard drives refuses to show in PTV. The weird thing is, I can pull up windows explorer and navigate to the network share folder and click on any video and it plays fine in vlc.

I even tried a fresh settings2.xml file but still no go. Any ideas guys?

Did you check your file and network permissions? are you using static or dynamic IPs?

Thank you for the reply. When you say file and network permissions do you mean a setting within xbmc or windows? The IP of the media source PC is static. The XBMC htpc is dynamic. The problematic network share is called "video 3" and it's never given any problems over the past nearly year of usage. Also, the content from this network share is able to be accessed by a laptop, a Wii, and by the HTPC itself, other than in pseudoTV. It's really strange.

I can pull any video from the network share in question by navigating to FILE within xbmc and all folders show up and videos play. Same thing outside of xbmc by using windows explorer>computer>network>video 3 (my problem smb folder). It's only pseudotv that's giving me this problem and I have no idea why since I had made zero changes the day this occurred. Please keep in mind that PseudoTV is pulling content from two other network shares (both located on the same computer as 'video 3') with no problem. I have tried clean settings2.xml files, no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled PseudoTV, no luck. I'm at my wits end here. I know it's got to be something simple I'm just not seeing. Any advice would be VERY much appreciated!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-06-18

(2013-06-17, 01:09)geebs61 Wrote:
(2013-06-17, 00:54)Lunatixz Wrote:

Yes. I am aware. Channel 2 is the only channel with any rules in this situation. 52 has no rules, and is just a movie channel. Channel 2 is ABC, and 52 is Walt Disney movies. Both channels work perfectly, except the "best-effort scheduling" rule. This rule will not work, no matter what I schedule, when, or where.

Right now the rules on channel 2 are as follows:

Interleave 110 every 1 show (commercials)
Interleave 100 every 2 shows (bumper
Best effort schedule channel 52 Sunday nights at 7:00pm (19:00)

Which gives me a schedule of "show/commercial/bumper/show/commercial/bumper" etc. Which is exactly what I want. But when 7:00pm on SUnday comes around it continues the "show/commercial/bumper/show/commercial/bumper" schedule.

It follows all rules perfectly, but seems to ignore the best effort scheduling rule. Without exception. On every channel. With every video. At every minute of the day.

It is literally the only rule I can't get to do ANYTHING at all.

Well, I figured out what was wrong. There are 2 settings to "best effort scheduling" that I never saw, because they were cut off in the window. It didn't help that I have been using PseudoTV manager to set up channels, and these settings don't exist in that program. Unfortunately, since they aren't being properly set with PTV Manager, it fills them with the values of the two previous settings by default? I attached a pic. I have to go in and manually reset these values in the pseudotv configuration to make it work.

But this brings up another problem. I am using the Aeon Nox theme, and it seems that it wont display all the items in the advanced rules list. In fact, the only theme I have used that displays it well is Metropolis. The menu will only show the first 7 rules, and will not scroll. In Metropolis is scrolls, allowing me to access and edit all the rules. In Nox it wont scroll at all, and in every other theme it doesn't display a background for the window at all, all the text is black, and there is no indicator of what is highlighted. Is this something I need to take up in the Nox thread, or does anyone here know how to fix that? It is already annoying that I have to go in and fix a rule that should have been set right with PTVManager, let alone have to change the whole freaking theme to do it too.

I love PseudoTV, and have been using it with simple playlists, network, and genre channels for months, but trying to get these advanced rules to work right has been a cavalcade of failures.