Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Jason102 - 2013-06-24

Yea, I did the same, and that's when I saw these fields not disappearing when they should. The change I made fixed it on my system. Try turning off the dirty regions and seeing if it goes away. There may be some other way I can trick it into working...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-24

(2013-06-21, 05:50)tommymsw Wrote: Can anybody help me with my problem? I have a ton of custom playlists I set as channels, but they seem to just repeat the same few movies over and over even though many more movies show in the playlist. Is there a setting to stop the playlist from repeating the same shows over and over?

Check that your media is properly scraped... missing media is almost 99.9% related to missing runtime information..

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-06-25

Jason - Since upgrading a while back (not sure when) movie posters no longer appear in the EPG or the overlay. TV show posters and logos work fine. I tried everything I could think of skinning-wise to get them to work, but to no avail. The proper code is in the skin, but nothing shows. Inquiries on the XBMC skinning forum suggested that maybe the addon is no longer providing the image for movies. Can you check and see if indeed PTV is making the image available?

Also, I'm having a problem where the EPG lineup changes every time I restart PTV even though I have it set to real time in settings. I have noticed something with that though. I only update the channels on my desktop as it's pretty powerful and does it much faster than my slower boxes at the TV's. I then copy the /addon_data/script.pseudotv folder to each of my other boxes to update them also. My desktop machine where I actually perform the updates does not exhibit the problem, but all the boxes where I copied the addon_data to do? Could or should that matter?

P.S. Still loving this addon and use it most days. Here's to hoping it stays active and working!

Re: RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 04:26)RockDawg Wrote: Jason - Since upgrading a while back (not sure when) movie posters no longer appear in the EPG or the overlay. TV show posters and logos work fine. I tried everything I could think of skinning-wise to get them to work, but to no avail. The proper code is in the skin, but nothing shows. Inquiries on the XBMC skinning forum suggested that maybe the addon is no longer providing the image for movies. Can you check and see if indeed PTV is making the image available?

Also, I'm having a problem where the EPG lineup changes every time I restart PTV even though I have it set to real time in settings. I have noticed something with that though. I only update the channels on my desktop as it's pretty powerful and does it much faster than my slower boxes at the TV's. I then copy the /addon_data/script.pseudotv folder to each of my other boxes to update them also. My desktop machine where I actually perform the updates does not exhibit the problem, but all the boxes where I copied the addon_data to do? Could or should that matter?

P.S. Still loving this addon and use it most days. Here's to hoping it stays active and working!

PTV doesn't have movie posters in skin... U r using an unsupported skin... Post for help there...
Channels resetting due to a problem in your configuration... Check settings Big Grin set PTV to automatic reset... Check and remove any "random" channel rules

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 04:57)Lunatixz Wrote: PTV doesn't have movie posters in skin... U r using an unsupported skin... Post for help there...

As I said, I did post on the skinning forum and Hitcher told me the images must be supplied by the addon. Considering that TV show posters do work and movie posters used to, I can only assume Jason put the code in there so they could be displayed.

Quote:Channels resetting due to a problem in your configuration... Check settings Big Grin set PTV to automatic reset... Check and remove any "random" channel rules

Why do I need to set channel reset to automatic? I purposely turned it off because updates take forever on lower powered machines so I do it on my desktop and copy the files over. Why would I remove random from my channels when that's how I want them? These same settings work on my desktop computer.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - User 55003 - 2013-06-25

@ RockDawg

The addon doesn't provide that information, but you can get the info to display them from the currently playing media.

Have you tried <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture> ?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - garydebergerac - 2013-06-25

Just a big fat bag of pricks

(2013-06-24, 19:55)Jason102 Wrote: Can you please explain the "ghost rules" a bit more? The one problem I've saw quite a bit was when cycling through rule types I would see fields which are not applicable to the selected rule-type showing up. Turns out this was related to having enabled dirty regions. I fixed that in the last update to stable-pre. I'm assuming that's not what you're referring to, though.

garydebergerac: You may or may not get an answer that you like on this forum (or any forum). If you don't like an answer received (or the lack of an answer), all of the code is freely available for you to debug and modify at will.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 08:00)garydebergerac Wrote: Just a big fat bag of pricks

(2013-06-24, 19:55)Jason102 Wrote: Can you please explain the "ghost rules" a bit more? The one problem I've saw quite a bit was when cycling through rule types I would see fields which are not applicable to the selected rule-type showing up. Turns out this was related to having enabled dirty regions. I fixed that in the last update to stable-pre. I'm assuming that's not what you're referring to, though.

garydebergerac: You may or may not get an answer that you like on this forum (or any forum). If you don't like an answer received (or the lack of an answer), all of the code is freely available for you to debug and modify at will.

What a pleasant fellow you are.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-06-25

Super classy, bud. Can't get someone to hold your hand so you throw a fit and call people names. I'll say it because I have no real reputation around here. But you're acting like an effing child, Gary. Stop. If you are having such a problem with it, and want to throw a fit and walk away, then do it. But coming back and throwing a tantrum wont get you any help, and you certainly wont get any sympathy when you openly plan to speak ill of a product because you couldn't figure out how to make it work.

Now onto something more useful. I was wondering if anyone would mind brainstorming with me on a certain programming setup I am trying to pull off. I'm trying to set up sequential programming blocks, similar to stuff like Toonami, Adult Swim, or Saturday Morning Cartoons. For example, I would like to set up a Toonami block to air on my Cartoon Network channel from 4:00 - 7:00 pm. Currently I pull this off simply enough by creating a Toonami channel then "best-efforting" that in at around 4:00 for about 18 episodes (9 episodes @ 22min each + one bumper between each episode = ~3.3hours). Which works well enough, but I would like to schedule some more specific programming.

The setup I would like would be more similar to the actual television programming. Air shows by episode sequentially, with the same shows each day, and (hopefully) bumpers specific to the content of the shows currently being aired.So, it would look something like this:

Code:
Block intro

ShowA-Intro
ShowA-01x01
ShowA-Season1Bumper
ShowA-01x02

ShowB-Intro
ShowB-01x01
ShowB-Season1Bumper
ShowB-01x02

ShowC-Intro
ShowC-01x01
ShowC-Season1Bumper
ShowC-01x02

ShowD-Intro
ShowD-01x01
ShowD-Season1Bumper
ShowD-01x02

Block outro

And then the next day it begins at episode 3 of each series, and so on. I am just not sure exactly how to do this. Short of manually creating a playlist by hand. Is this something that can be achieved by smart playlists, interleaving, or a combination of the two? So far I have had little luck in a format like this using them I thought it might be something I could do mostly with smart playlists, but as far as I can tell the ordering options are lacking.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-06-25

There was a post earlier in the thread where someone tried to do something like this. What he did, if I remember correctly was do do this:

Set up a channel (directory?) for "show A, intro". Don't show channel, random episodes, say channel 1

Set up a channel (Directory?) for "Show A, Bumpers". Don't show channel, random episodes, say channel 2

Now on the channel you want to create, say channel 4, your "Show A" channel, select your show, Don't play channel, play in order, unwatched shows, etc.
Interweave channel 1, setting it's min and max both to 1
Interweave channel 2, setting it's min and max both to 3

As far as how to get this sequence to play on another channel at a certain time, Maybe schedule this channel to play on your main channel at 8:00, and set the number of episodes to either 2 or 4, I am not sure if the count would include the short duration videos.
Maybe give something like this a try, unless you have already.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-24, 17:41)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 15:41)xkudeki Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 14:35)Amelandbor Wrote: As a workaround you could try to filter only played episodes in your playlist.
So add another rule to your playlist, where playcount is greater than 0 or is not 0.
could you explain n a little more detail please?

Please open your playlist to the problem channel, copy paste all info... I'll take a look and modify it for you Smile

there's nothing in the xsp file that i don't understand. the picture i posted is all the info I have for the playlist (xsp says the same as the pic)
No one has ever had a channel disappear? I think it's because all the media is played, then the channel is removed. Would setting a rule like suggested (add rule where playcount is greater than 0 or not 0) work?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blazin912 - 2013-06-25

Jason --

Trying to dig into my own issue and noticed the Globals.py file has changed back and forth a few times.

Latest Master branch does not include "LOCK_LOC" for channel sharing.

Stable-pre release includes "LOCK_LOC" but doesn't seem to share the cache folder as that is never utilized again other than generating the lock file.

SO, that being said, which supports channel sharing? haha, The assumption is that they both do; however, this is my logic:

Master:

Settings Location: null
Share Channels = True
Settings Location: Settings folder from GUI
Channel Location: Settings Location

GUI info passed by assignment after the logic evaluation -- this would seem to work, if of course each instance requires a common cache folder.

Stable-Pre:

Settings Location: User profile
Share channels = True
Lock Location: Settings folder from GUI
Channel Location: Settings location aka User profile

There is no assignment of the Channel Location to the settings folder from GUI if you're channel sharing. If this is required, then it won't work.

Can't seem to find anything in the changelog that indicates why this was changed/if it fixed some other bug.

Let me know, so I can include the appropriate file.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 12:59)mwkurt Wrote: There was a post earlier in the thread where someone tried to do something like this. What he did, if I remember correctly was do do this:

Set up a channel (directory?) for "show A, intro". Don't show channel, random episodes, say channel 1

Set up a channel (Directory?) for "Show A, Bumpers". Don't show channel, random episodes, say channel 2

Now on the channel you want to create, say channel 4, your "Show A" channel, select your show, Don't play channel, play in order, unwatched shows, etc.
Interweave channel 1, setting it's min and max both to 1
Interweave channel 2, setting it's min and max both to 3

As far as how to get this sequence to play on another channel at a certain time, Maybe schedule this channel to play on your main channel at 8:00, and set the number of episodes to either 2 or 4, I am not sure if the count would include the short duration videos.
Maybe give something like this a try, unless you have already.

Mark

Thanks. Yeah, I haven't tried anything like this yet. I wanted to pick some other peoples brains before I spent too much time trying to interleave a bunch of separate channels (and also because interleaving is something I always end up easily confused by. I'd like to be able to choose the number of episodes that interleave each time as well [is this something that can be done and I am just not aware of how?]), only to find out that there is a more simple, elegant solution.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 05:56)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 04:57)Lunatixz Wrote: PTV doesn't have movie posters in skin... U r using an unsupported skin... Post for help there...

As I said, I did post on the skinning forum and Hitcher told me the images must be supplied by the addon. Considering that TV show posters do work and movie posters used to, I can only assume Jason put the code in there so they could be displayed.

You were told wrong... has nothing to do with the addon... look for my post on that forum on how to fix your problem...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157452&pid=1373943#pid1373943

(2013-06-25, 05:56)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-06-25, 04:57)Lunatixz Wrote: Channels resetting due to a problem in your configuration... Check settings Big Grin set PTV to automatic reset... Check and remove any "random" channel rules

Why do I need to set channel reset to automatic? I purposely turned it off because updates take forever on lower powered machines so I do it on my desktop and copy the files over. Why would I remove random from my channels when that's how I want them? These same settings work on my desktop computer.

as far as automatic... I was trying to help you! I have to take things systematically after all I don't have your computer at my house...
and you would remove random since that's why your epg is different on every load!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - McGuywer - 2013-06-25

(2011-01-16, 16:09)Jason102 Wrote: It is suggested (although not required) that you turn on the web server. This will reduce the amount of CPU usage that PseudoTV takes.

Is this still the case?