Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - ARYEZ - 2013-06-27

I've posted this bug a number of times and since I see that Jason is consider releasing an official version for Frodo now maybe he can take a look at the issue. I'm not at home so I can post a screen shot, but basically ever since I moved to frodo a few months ago my plot info gets cut short. This happens on the info screen as well as the EPG. This happens with Movies as well as TV. This happens regardless of the length of the plot. It'll cut the last few letters and the period at the end of the sentence even when the plot is just a few words. This happens on every skin. I've done clean installs of both PTV as well as XBMC. If I go back to Eden the info is all perfect. I am using the latest Stable-pre. Is anyone experiencing this or is it just me?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-06-27

Jason,

I will get you a log later today. The sharing previously just worked, very well, now, not so much.

Anyway, another little bug I have seen....when creating a channel based on just a tv show, when scrolling through the channels in the rules menu, going in an ascending order, starting from "A", when I get to the letter "E", instead of going to "F", it go back to "A", never gets past "E", I believe it is the same the other way as well, though I never made a note of where this happens going that way.

Any chance you could switch channel sharing back the way it was? :-)

Thanks,
Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blazin912 - 2013-06-27

Actually, last night I was migrating something from a test system to a final system and had 3 instances running.. noticed the same issues as Mwkurt.

It makes more sense now, the 3rd instance was unable to pull the appropriate channels off the share.

I'd be willing to lend a hand in the sharing dept.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blazin912 - 2013-06-27

(2013-06-26, 20:43)mwkurt Wrote: I think I have it, I'll know more later, but please don't go away yet. One more question....

How and where do I enter this path using an IP address?

I am not in front of my pc's at the moment, so the "How to" escapes me at the moment.

Thanks,
Mark

Edit: So....I have mapped my Pseudo Share network drive to my local machines thusly: \\192.168.1.6\Pseudo Share

Having done the mapping this way, I can choose to make this my shared folder from within PTV. Is this what you were talking about?

Hey Blazin912, I have tried mapping my shared folder every way I could possibly do and still can't seem to get the sharing working
I have installed the latest development version today.
Tried creating the share the following way: Both "Map Network Drive", and "Add a Network Location", using both the IP of where the shared file is : \\192.168.1.6\PTV Share Folder, and the this way \\Server\PTV Share Folder. Folder has been shared with read/write privileges for everyone.
Deleted all *.m3u files in local PTV folder, Set shared folder to the Server share, started PTV and it started creating channels using the local folder.
Should PTV be putting information into the shared folder? Maybe I am not letting it run long enough? Is there any way you could tell me how to share the folder, maybe that I am not doing?

Edit 3: So now it looks like it is working, partially anyway. While the local PT folder has 23 generated *.m3u files, the settings2.xml, etc., the shared Server folder has but 4 generated *.m3u files and the settings2.xml file (Possibly did not run long enough?). I'll try again tomorrow to see if the total number of m3u files will actually include all of the channels.

Thanks,
Mark

(2013-06-27, 03:23)Jason102 Wrote: I did change how channel sharing works a bit, but ideally for the best. If it's not working...well...it's not really better. How it works:
The channel data is copied from the share location to the local channel location.
It is determined if it is the only session started that is sharing the channel data.
When exiting, it copies back the data only if it was the only session when starting.

mwkurt: please send me a debug log. I only need startup, wait a minute, shut down.

So, IIRC PTV master will create it's channels locally on start up of the first run. On exit, it will copies its channels to the share.

After that first run, it will check the share, pull that down and update itself, on exit, it will copy it back.

So, if you have something in the shared location, it will use that, if you don't it will create it's own (based on your rules) and then copy that config to the server when it's done.

This is why you'll need to wipe everything (all .m3us) in both locations, run your master or "rules" instance once, close it out, and then should be good to go.

If you have everything pointing to the same location, they should pull the same settings2.xml, pull the .m3us, etc etc and be good.

If it's not pulling the M3Us, but it is pullig the settings2.xml, I'd expect it to at least be able to build the channels from the same rules from your server media assuming you have it added to that instance of XBMC. I'm making a lot of assumptions here and would need to dig deeper into the order of operations to ensure what I'm saying is possible.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-06-27

So Blazin912,

I am confused by your last 2 posts. Are you having issues or is channel sharing working good for you?

Edit: Also, Jason the "Ghost Rules" problem that I mentioned earlier is still present with the latest development revision I downloaded yesterday.

When I get home today, I will tell you how to see them.

Mark

(2013-06-27, 17:40)mwkurt Wrote: So Blazin912,

I am confused by your last 2 posts. Are you having issues or is channel sharing working good for you?

Edit: Also, Jason the "Ghost Rules" problem that I mentioned earlier is still present with the latest development revision I downloaded yesterday.

When I get home today, I will tell you how to see them.

Mark

It was working, and is "working" the way it's intended to. I'm trying to keep my issues with channel sharing vs channel sharing HDHomeRun channels in different threads as they obviously may not be exactly the same issues you're seeing.

So my channel sharing is working, but pieces of my HDHomeRun sharing are not.. sort of.

Anyway, if you have questions on sharing channels of "local" content, by local I mean media you are serving on your LAN. Then I can help.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - rd1979 - 2013-06-27

(2013-06-19, 22:31)Jason102 Wrote: Small update to stable-pre (shocking, I know):
* Limit show descriptions to 500 characters to help combat occasional EPG sync issues.
* Allow skinners to modify font in EPG (thanks to codenamedelta)
* Fix issue with opening videos with unicode in the filename.
* Workaround for dirty regions breaking the rules configuration page.
* Pressing delete on a channel in the configuration will give the option to clear that channel.
* There are now arrows in the advanced rule window to show if there are more options

Thanks for the update.

Shame I have to say this, especially since you've put up working versions for a little while now for Frodo, but I've found a bug that may screw things up for versions going forward.

I've been using nightlies on a different machine, and PTV only shows channels made from directories. All others of any kind are ignored. Installing 12.2 back again instantly fixes the issue.

Sure, its a nightly, but this issue been there for a while now, and XBMC is on a whole faster iteration kick lately, so this bug might restart the whole "it doesn't work" complaints just as issues were finally ironed out. So I wanted to bring this to your attention while its still small.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-06-28

(2013-06-27, 12:44)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 20:43)mwkurt Wrote: I think I have it, I'll know more later, but please don't go away yet. One more question....

How and where do I enter this path using an IP address?

I am not in front of my pc's at the moment, so the "How to" escapes me at the moment.

Thanks,
Mark

Edit: So....I have mapped my Pseudo Share network drive to my local machines thusly: \\192.168.1.6\Pseudo Share

Having done the mapping this way, I can choose to make this my shared folder from within PTV. Is this what you were talking about?

Hey Blazin912, I have tried mapping my shared folder every way I could possibly do and still can't seem to get the sharing working
I have installed the latest development version today.
Tried creating the share the following way: Both "Map Network Drive", and "Add a Network Location", using both the IP of where the shared file is : \\192.168.1.6\PTV Share Folder, and the this way \\Server\PTV Share Folder. Folder has been shared with read/write privileges for everyone.
Deleted all *.m3u files in local PTV folder, Set shared folder to the Server share, started PTV and it started creating channels using the local folder.
Should PTV be putting information into the shared folder? Maybe I am not letting it run long enough? Is there any way you could tell me how to share the folder, maybe that I am not doing?

Edit 3: So now it looks like it is working, partially anyway. While the local PT folder has 23 generated *.m3u files, the settings2.xml, etc., the shared Server folder has but 4 generated *.m3u files and the settings2.xml file (Possibly did not run long enough?). I'll try again tomorrow to see if the total number of m3u files will actually include all of the channels.

Thanks,
Mark

(2013-06-27, 03:23)Jason102 Wrote: I did change how channel sharing works a bit, but ideally for the best. If it's not working...well...it's not really better. How it works:
The channel data is copied from the share location to the local channel location.
It is determined if it is the only session started that is sharing the channel data.
When exiting, it copies back the data only if it was the only session when starting.

mwkurt: please send me a debug log. I only need startup, wait a minute, shut down.

So, IIRC PTV master will create it's channels locally on start up of the first run. On exit, it will copies its channels to the share.

After that first run, it will check the share, pull that down and update itself, on exit, it will copy it back.

So, if you have something in the shared location, it will use that, if you don't it will create it's own (based on your rules) and then copy that config to the server when it's done.

This is why you'll need to wipe everything (all .m3us) in both locations, run your master or "rules" instance once, close it out, and then should be good to go.

If you have everything pointing to the same location, they should pull the same settings2.xml, pull the .m3us, etc etc and be good.

If it's not pulling the M3Us, but it is pullig the settings2.xml, I'd expect it to at least be able to build the channels from the same rules from your server media assuming you have it added to that instance of XBMC. I'm making a lot of assumptions here and would need to dig deeper into the order of operations to ensure what I'm saying is possible.

Performed a little test.
Deleted all m3u files, local and shared. Deleted the settings2.xml file to start fresh. Loaded channel settings and deleted all of the premade channels.
Created 3 channels, 1 Channel was for episodes that are less than 24 hours old, another channel was a "TV Show" Channel, the only rule was "to not show" the channel.
The 3rd channel was a "TV Show" Channel as well. This channel's only rule was to interleave the previous channel.
Started PTV, let it run until all 3 channels were created and the m3u files were in the local PTV directory.
Stopped PTV, checked the shared folder and the only file there was the settings2.xml file.

Now going by what you have said here, when stopping PTV, after the initial run, the m3u channels should be copied to the share, but they are not. This would mean that rather than using the shared folder on future runs, this machine "The Master", will only use local files.

I am going to perform more test because in previous runs of PTV, I had many channels copied but some were not. I am going to try and find out if there is something in common with the channels not being copied.

Edit 1: Added 2 more channels, a TV genre channel and a TV Network channel. Same result, nothing copied to the shared folder.

Edit 2: So I added at least 1 of every channel type, each time deleting all m3u files, and the resultant m3u files that were made in the local PTV directory were not copied to the shared folder. I give up, I can't figure out how sharing works if the m3u files created on the master PTV are not copied to the share for other installs to use, and since I am the only one that seems to have problems with this, I guess I am doing something wrong, although I had this working in the version of PTV that I was using with Dharma. It would be nice not to have to use gimmicks (dropbox, symbolic links, etc) to get this working the way it used to work. I am currently using eventghost and Allway sync between 2 computers for this purpose.
Jason, if you read this, could you please explain in steps, how this is supposed to work now? It would be very much appreciated and thanks again for your work in building this for us.

Mark

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blazin912 - 2013-06-28

Good call, I'm not using extremely complex rules, so you may be on to something.

Jason complex question, may be better to talk in PM, but throwing it out there as a teaser:

Say I wanted to bypass the "watch now" ability of the program. Rather than having the EPG select use the SelectShow() function to select that specific content, I want use it as a global select that playlist file or channel. ie IF you see Big Bang Theory coming up and you click on it to play that show, rather than it doing that (as it is now) it loads that channel playing the current playlist content in prep for big bang to come on.

Got any tips for modifying?

I'm aiming for PTV to be viewed as a totally LIVE TV add-on. In that sense, one could not fast forward to the future and watch something, nor travel back in time to watch something. It's only what's on now. I'm thinking of pairing this with an on-demand channel that would bring up the Movie/TV library browser to allow for watching something other than what PTV has decided to air at that specific time.

I believe this will 100% remove all EPG syncing issues I'm seeing, and take this a true step towards what my wife and I enjoy about cable.. the programming. We don't pay for the content so much as the decisions made for us to play the content without the need for user intervention.

Let me know what you think and like I said before, PM me if you want.

I'm digging deep Smile

Thought process here is if you're doing all the programming, you like all the shows, so sometimes having 1000s of options at your fingertips is more overwhelming than being spoonfed specific content. Would also allow for stricter/easier channel scheduling.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Franci8sca - 2013-06-28

It is suggested (although not required) that you turn on the web server. This will reduce the amount of CPU usage that PseudoTV takes.ImageImageImageImageImage

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blazin912 - 2013-06-28

Well.. I answered my own question on my first attempt.. that was easy. haha

Anyone interested in that change?

RE: - Wanderer89 - 2013-06-29

(2011-02-09, 08:46)Sranshaft Wrote:
MrLuddite Wrote:I grabbed the Channel Kit that jtucker1972 posted earlier and have been giving it a try. I'm new to XBMC and have been trying to figure it all out. Thank you jtucker1972 for the work that you have done with these. I have a question about the single show playlists that you included. Is it possible for the playlist to list the season/episode number in the info pane along side the show title? I've tried my hand at figuring out smart playlists, with little success. Is this something simple that can be done in the playlist? Thanks to you guys for creating a cool new way for us to interact with our media!

Currently, no. This is something that needs to be added to the core of PseudoTV and has nothing to do with the smart playlists. I believe it is on Jason's to-do list once things are stable but he'll have to confirm this for you.

So, to dig up something from close to the start of the thread, is this still a planned thing?

I use smart playlists only in my 50-60 channels, and would love to have proper support to display plot summaries / show titles correctly for tv shows too, not just movies. Just curious.

Once again, love the plugin and appreciate everyone's work on it.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blazin912 - 2013-06-29

What was the reasoning behind not supporting Mpeg files? ie .MPGs

Realized this is what's causing my old music videos not to show up no matter how I added them to PTV.

I'm going to just repackage them, but curious what the thought process was there.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-06-29

As I mentioned earlier, I found Interleaving to be quite limited and felt that it could be expanded to include a little more functionality. I inquired about the logistics of enabling the interleaving of more than one episode at a time from another channel, as it would have helped achieve a specific programming order I was attempting. The only useful interaction on the subject I received was from Blazin912, that dude is good people.

Anyway, I finally had the time to sit down and look up the proper Python syntax for a FOR loop, and shortly after that I had an interleaving function that was far more versatile than it had been previously.

Rules.py Special L.I.A.T Edition

I've added two options to the Interleave rules. "Play # Episodes" Allows you to interleave multiple episodes from the channel being interleaved, instead of being restricted to interleaving one episode at a time.

Previous function:
(assuming interleaving ch.2 into ch.1)

Code:
Min = 1 / Max = 1 :     1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2

Min = 2 / Max = 2 :     1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2

Min = 3 / Max = 3 :     1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2

New function:

Code:
Min = 1 / Max = 1 / Episodes = 1:     1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2

Min = 1 / Max = 1 / Episodes = 2:     1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2

Min = 3 / Max = 3 / Episodes = 2:     1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

I have also added "Starting Position" option. This changes where the channel starts interleaving. A value of "1" (default) acts the same as current functionality. Beginning interleaving AFTER the first episode of the base channel. A value of "0" will begin interleaving BEFORE the first episode of the base channel.

Previous Function:

Code:
Min = 1 / Max = 1 :     1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2

New Function:

Code:
Min = 1 / Max = 1 / Episodes = 1 / Start = 1:     1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2

Min = 1 / Max = 1 /  Episodes = 1 / Start = 0:     2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1

As usual, anyone can use it at their own risk. I assume no liability if it borks up your system. I made this for my means, and to the best of my knowledge. There wasn't a lot changed (I literally only added 2 variables, the necessary info to initialize them, and a FOR loop) but i'm not a Python dev, so there may be more elegant ways of doing this.

I just thought it these additions might have some value to others as well. If you find this causes any bugs, you can let me know. I mean. It'd be cool to know, but I almost positively won't know or care to look into fixing it (again, not a py dev). I haven't had any problems with it so far though, and it is behaving exactly as I expect it to.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - FoxBJK - 2013-06-29

Hey all! Can someone help me clear out ALL of this addon's settings? I was having issues for the longest time, and removed the addon, but with the latest pre-release builds I want to try again. Things aren't working. Videos won't play, channels won't load, the addon is generally unstable. Before I look into it any further, I want to obliterate all of PseudoTV's settings. I thought uninstalling the addon would be enough, but channels I previously created are still here, so clearly something was missed. Aside from uninstalling, what folders do I need to delete? I'm on a Mac, in case that matters.

Thanks!