Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xkudeki - 2013-07-04

(2013-06-11, 15:04)xkudeki Wrote:
(2013-06-10, 23:32)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-06-10, 13:50)xkudeki Wrote: Does anyone have an idea as to why some of my channels disappear? I have to close out pseudotv and restart the program to add them back..

Are you sure the channel that disappeared isn't being automatically reset and repopulated using background channel adding?

I dont think so since I dont have background updating enabled

Mark here is the basic summary as to what i'm trying to figure out.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-04

(2013-07-04, 10:03)jmann217 Wrote: When I open my playlist inside of xbmc, there are no problems, every episode appears fine, I can't think of another way of explaining what happens when it is opened, it just works, which is what I meant by 'my videos appear inside the playlist'. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I only have one TV show in my playlist.

I'm using XBMC Frodo 12.2 and PTV 2.1.0.

I thought the naming scheme would be the SXXEXX format, unless I've misunderstood the question?

Are you using the latest development version of PTV or the Stable-Pre version? You should be using the stable Pre. And you still have not showed us what your playlist looks like. Please copy and paste here the contents of your playlist.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Kanpai - 2013-07-06

Hello everyone. I have a particular channel setup i'd like to create, and i've scratched my brain trying to see if it's possible with the tools I have, including geebs' excellent modified rules.py, but I'm not sure I can do it.

Basically I have show-specific bumps, which i want to sometimes air in front of their series counterparts. So for shows A B C D E, and corresponding bumps BA BB BC BD BE, it might look like

B
C
E
BD
D
C
C
BA
A
D
BD
D
BE
E

It can't play bumps every time, because I don't have that many, they'd run too often. That seems to be the rub, as i currently interleave a bump per episode on a single series hidden channel, then interleave 2 episodes of that (a bump and an actual episode) into the real channel, for each series. Having the bumps interleave less frequently in the hidden channels means sometimes bumps appear after episodes and sometimes they appear by themselves. Thanks for any help or insight anyone can provide into this problem.

As an aside, I got some of my bumps from www.bumpworthy.com, mentioned by another user earlier in the thread as unrecognizable by PseudoTV. This is true - pseudotv's mp4 parser returns a duration of 0 for these files. I had other mp4s that played fine, so i compared them and found that the bumps had headers at the end of the file vs. the beginning. This is my best guess as to the problem, I can't debug any further as I don't speak python. Instead of transcoding them to avi like the other user I remuxed them to mkv as a workaround, in case others also have this problem.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-07-06

(2013-07-06, 06:48)Kanpai Wrote: Hello everyone. I have a particular channel setup i'd like to create, and i've scratched my brain trying to see if it's possible with the tools I have, including geebs' excellent modified rules.py, but I'm not sure I can do it.

Basically I have show-specific bumps, which i want to sometimes air in front of their series counterparts. So for shows A B C D E, and corresponding bumps BA BB BC BD BE, it might look like

B
C
E
BD
D
C
C
BA
A
D
BD
D
BE
E

It can't play bumps every time, because I don't have that many, they'd run too often. That seems to be the rub, as i currently interleave a bump per episode on a single series hidden channel, then interleave 2 episodes of that (a bump and an actual episode) into the real channel, for each series. Having the bumps interleave less frequently in the hidden channels means sometimes bumps appear after episodes and sometimes they appear by themselves. Thanks for any help or insight anyone can provide into this problem.

As an aside, I got some of my bumps from www.bumpworthy.com, mentioned by another user earlier in the thread as unrecognizable by PseudoTV. This is true - pseudotv's mp4 parser returns a duration of 0 for these files. I had other mp4s that played fine, so i compared them and found that the bumps had headers at the end of the file vs. the beginning. This is my best guess as to the problem, I can't debug any further as I don't speak python. Instead of transcoding them to avi like the other user I remuxed them to mkv as a workaround, in case others also have this problem.

If I am understanding you correctly, your set up is very similar to what I wanted to do, and the reason I edited the rules file. Hopefully I can help you get ti sorted out with just the changes I added if possible (gotta be honest, I would love it if other people found use for my edits as well [hooray for being useful!])

So, just to be clear (and redundant, heh), you want a channel that includes several series, some of which you wish to air with a show specific "intro"-bumps? But you don't want them to have the "intro"-bump every time that show airs? So sometimes you get a bump, and sometimes you don't sort of thing? Hmmm. That will take some thinking and experimenting on. The randomization is really what would cause the problem, depending on how many other channels are being interleaved into the main channel, and what order they are in. (Also, as a sidenote just in case, if you are interleaving a 1:1 bump/series channel and then interleaving those by 2' into another channel, make sure you set the starting episode back to 1 each time. I've forgotten on occasion and caused myself a great deal of confusion.) Being able to interleave multiple episodes at a time also means having to account for each of those as well with every interleave rule you pass after that. I have had to get out the ol' paper and pencil and start mapping out channels to make sure they come out right before digging in with xbmc to do it lately.

Could you make a smart play list that includes the all the episodes of the shows, randomize that, then use it as a base channel. Then take the bump/show channels you already have and interleave those into your base by 2's? Still not sure of exact mapping order for randomization without futzing up any previous interleave rules though. Or if that is what you are looking for at all. I will do some tests on my system and see how that sort of thing works out.

I've done something similar with a couple channels, but I put them on a strict schedule. I wanted to recreate the old Toonami 1.0 block. But I also wanted specific bumps for each series. I ALSO wanted the bumps to be season specific (greedy, I know.), series to run from start to end, the programming block to only air on weekday afternoons on my Cartoon Network channel from 4-7pm, and show a Friday night movie in the block as well. This meant doing some fancy interleaving (and best effort scheduling). So if you have a question for how to interleave something I might have an answer somewhere in the rats nest of interleaving I have on my testing system. I am currently testing for a Saturday morning cartoon, Disney Afternoon, Snick, and Adult swim blocks, so it won't be much of a problem to test out some other scenarios. I am already planning on working on it for a good chunk of today. Just let me know if what I surmised from your post was correct, or if I got everything wrong and am just a big, fat, dumb dumb.

I am also finding the XBMC GUI to be increasingly cumbersome to use for generating channels this complex, and I honestly don't think PseudoTV manager is being developed in any way anymore. It kinda suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, hehe. I've been playing around with the Json API lately too, and I am kinda curious if I can use it to create a more elegant management tool for PseudoTV.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Kanpai - 2013-07-06

(2013-07-06, 16:34)geebs61 Wrote: Could you make a smart play list that includes the all the episodes of the shows, randomize that, then use it as a base channel. Then take the bump/show channels you already have and interleave those into your base by 2's?

Yes! That will do exactly what I want! Good thinking, I knew it was possible without programming, would've went there if I had do, but it's nice to avoid it. That extra # of episodes rule is key to that, so thanks again for your updated rules file, and the rest of your help.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-07-06

(2013-07-06, 18:30)Kanpai Wrote:
(2013-07-06, 16:34)geebs61 Wrote: Could you make a smart play list that includes the all the episodes of the shows, randomize that, then use it as a base channel. Then take the bump/show channels you already have and interleave those into your base by 2's?

Yes! That will do exactly what I want! Good thinking, I knew it was possible without programming, would've went there if I had do, but it's nice to avoid it. That extra # of episodes rule is key to that, so thanks again for your updated rules file, and the rest of your help.

Awesome! Glad I could be of help.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Daavid - 2013-07-07

Geebs, if you do come up with a more elegant UI for rules configuration etc. it would be great to have a look at. I know we can usually come up with what we want to do by using the rules etc. but a more user friendly approach to that would be awesome. If you ever go there, I'm happy to be a guinea pig.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-07-07

(2013-07-07, 14:37)Daavid Wrote: Geebs, if you do come up with a more elegant UI for rules configuration etc. it would be great to have a look at. I know we can usually come up with what we want to do by using the rules etc. but a more user friendly approach to that would be awesome. If you ever go there, I'm happy to be a guinea pig.

Don't worry, if I can actualize my idea into anything as useful as PseudoTV manager is (was?) then I will post it here for anyone to use. I've been spoiled by how much more friendly the PTV Manager UI was compared to XBMC. There are just too many options for it to handle everything. At least it is without skin devs keeping it in mind.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - surge21xx - 2013-07-10

I've only recently Started this Program over the weekend, but I must say I really enjoy it!

I do have a question about sorting. I've gone through and searched through this forum for as much as I could find, so I'm hoping I didn't miss this answer.

The way I would like to have a channel set up, is to have Two or 3 episodes of a show run in order, then have another Couple episodes of another show run in order and so on.

For Example:
Show1 S01E01
Show1 S01E02
Show2 S01E01
Show2 S01E02
Show1 S01E03
Show1 S01E04

From what I have read, it seems like Interleaving is the best possible way. I wanted to know if Interleaving channels is the only possible way? Or can this be done using a smart playlist and maybe one or more channel rules?

EDIT: After some stumbling around yesterday, I managed to figure out a way to modify the smart playlist to have a similar format, not quite how I want it, but it at least plays it in that similar order. Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - phreaq - 2013-07-11

I'm having issues getting the shared channels to work with my linux build, running the pre-stable build.

I am getting the following errors:

Quote:22:13:26 T:1249625184 DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0x20f9dd0
22:13:26 T:1308820576 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileAccess: trying to open /root/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv/settings2.xml
22:13:27 T:1249625184 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 3 times.
22:13:27 T:1249625184 DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0x20f9dd0
22:13:27 T:1308820576 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-FileAccess: trying to open /root/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv/settings2.xml
22:13:27 T:1308820576 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 2 times.
22:13:27 T:1308820576 DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: storeFiles
22:13:27 T:1308820576 WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://<user>:<password>@<server>/Public/Shared%20Channels/settings2.xml
22:13:27 T:1249625184 DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0x20f9dd0
22:13:27 T:1308820576 DEBUG: CSmbFile::Close closing fd 10002
22:13:27 T:1308820576 WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://<user>:<password>@<server>/Public/Shared%20Channels/cache/channel_1.m3u
22:13:27 T:1308820576 ERROR: FileSmb->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://<user>:<password>@<server>/Public/Shared%20Channels/cache/channel_1.m3u'
unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'
22:13:27 T:1308820576 WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://<user>:<password>@<server>/Public/Shared%20Channels/cache/channel_2.m3u
22:13:27 T:1308820576 ERROR: FileSmb->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://<user>:<password>@<server>/Public/Shared%20Channels/cache/channel_2.m3u'
unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'

It is creating the 'settings2.xml' file, and it does have contents, but no other files or folders are in the shared folders directory.

It's trying to access a WHS, which has a user and password that XBMC is trying to use.

I am using Frodo 12.0

any thoughts?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - phreaq - 2013-07-11

seems I had to manually create the ''cache" folder, and now it's populating it with m3u files.

Do I need to create other files too?

When I run this on two different XBMC installs, pointed to the same shared folder, the channels have different programs running, but the channels are correctly set (i.e channel 2 is watched TV shows, channel 3 is watched movies, on both)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-07-11

(2013-07-10, 07:19)surge21xx Wrote: I've only recently Started this Program over the weekend, but I must say I really enjoy it!

I do have a question about sorting. I've gone through and searched through this forum for as much as I could find, so I'm hoping I didn't miss this answer.

The way I would like to have a channel set up, is to have Two or 3 episodes of a show run in order, then have another Couple episodes of another show run in order and so on.

For Example:
Show1 S01E01
Show1 S01E02
Show2 S01E01
Show2 S01E02
Show1 S01E03
Show1 S01E04

From what I have read, it seems like Interleaving is the best possible way. I wanted to know if Interleaving channels is the only possible way? Or can this be done using a smart playlist and maybe one or more channel rules?

EDIT: After some stumbling around yesterday, I managed to figure out a way to modify the smart playlist to have a similar format, not quite how I want it, but it at least plays it in that similar order. Big Grin

You can do this pretty easily using my Rules.py file.

Using setting like this (its an album of pics):

watch gallery

You can get the exact setup you are looking for. Just be sure to check that the tv shows run in order, and the starting episode is 1. That will give you the A, A, B, B, A, A, B, B order you are looking for.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-07-13

Disregard. I am not sure if anyone else had this problem, but this particular topic was not updated from the last post on page 442 for me until I made this post as well.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-07-13

(2013-07-11, 18:11)phreaq Wrote: seems I had to manually create the ''cache" folder, and now it's populating it with m3u files.

Do I need to create other files too?

When I run this on two different XBMC installs, pointed to the same shared folder, the channels have different programs running, but the channels are correctly set (i.e channel 2 is watched TV shows, channel 3 is watched movies, on both)

As far as I know they should be in sync, shows included. Unless for some reason one of the machines can't read the shared cache folder, so it creates it's own. Or it is using the cached files from before you were sharing channels. PseudoTV should copy the shared channels to the machines local files on each launch, so both machines should be in sync if you are sharing the same library on both devices as well (via SMB, NFS, etc...)try deleting the channels in the PseudoTV cache folder and start PseudoTV again, this should force it to copy all the channels from the shared folder again, and hopefully, things will be a little more in sync with the other XBMC install you have.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Zer0vash - 2013-07-13

Hey ive been using PseudoTV for a while now but only superficially for automatic creation of chanels. But now I would like to really setup my channels. There Is one think I would like to do but Im not sure how. I would like to have a Cartoon Network Channel but after 10pm it only plays Adult Swim content for about 8 hours then back to Cartoon network. Can anyone Provide me with detailed Step by step instructions on how?