Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-16

Jason,

Testing out the fix for channel sharing, there are a few problems. When trying to exit the channel configuration menu, I get caught in an endless loop of "Escape", "Do you want to save your changes?", "Yes", Back to configuration menu, "escape", "Do you want to save your changes?", "Yes"...and so on. The only way to get out is to select "No", when asked to save changes.
When starting PTV for the first time, into a shared folder, as the only computer currently sharing, the screen gets to 70%, and says "Checking other instances", stays there for a few minutes, then the screen goes black and appears to be doing nothing, like XBMC has frozen up. No channels "*.m3u" files are ever created and XBMC never comes back, to where I have to ctrl-alt-delete out of it.

XBMC Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=37262

Thanks,
Mark

Jason,

A couple problems with the new release that fixes channel sharing. When trying to exit the Configuration window, I get stuck in an endless loop of "escape". "Would you like to save your changes?", "yes", "Config menu", "escape", "Would you like to save your changes?", "yes", "Config menu"....and so on. The only escape is to select "No".

When starting PTV, it get to 70%, says "checking other configurations", the screen goes completely black and then freezes...Hard! Have to ctrl-alt-delete_out of XBMC

Logfile: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=37262

If this message repeats, sorry, the first didn't post when I sent it.

Thanks,\Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Jason102 - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-16, 00:48)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 00:06)Jason102 Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 18:51)blazin912 Wrote: What does this fix? I'm a big fan of it ain't broke don't fix it, so just curious before I merge it into my system.

Channel sharing. It works now.

I would retract that, it blew my box to smithereens.. ok not really, but after using the 2 new files my PTV doesn't work at all. Tried clearing the cache thinking that had something to do with it.. no go. Revert back, fixed.

In my face!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-15, 18:51)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-07-14, 18:01)Jason102 Wrote: Fix for channel sharing is up. If you still have problems, make sure sharing permissions are correct (write permission given).

What does this fix? I'm a big fan of it ain't broke don't fix it, so just curious before I merge it into my system.

It didn't work before? I've been using it for several weeks on 3 different boxes and they've all been working perfectly (and in sync since they're all running from the a mysql server) just fine.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blazin912 - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-16, 03:33)Jason102 Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 00:48)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 00:06)Jason102 Wrote: Channel sharing. It works now.

I would retract that, it blew my box to smithereens.. ok not really, but after using the 2 new files my PTV doesn't work at all. Tried clearing the cache thinking that had something to do with it.. no go. Revert back, fixed.

In my face!

Mwkurt's synopsis is exactly what I saw from my attempt at loading PTV with those files

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-16, 04:49)geebs61 Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 18:51)blazin912 Wrote: What does this fix? I'm a big fan of it ain't broke don't fix it, so just curious before I merge it into my system.

It didn't work before? I've been using it for several weeks on 3 different boxes and they've all been working perfectly (and in sync since they're all running from the a mysql server) just fine.

Consider yourself lucky.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-07-16

Is anyone having problems with no info being display in the channel manager for TV show, networks, etc...
I usually use playlists... so I have no idea when this could have broke or if its something I did... can someone check on their rig and let me know...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-07-16

okay guys. brand new xbmc user here. so far everything is looking good. but it seems like there isnt a good place to get everything downloaded from, or how to guides to set stuff up. things seem kind of scattered. anyways there are over 400 pages here that i just cant read through. nor can i find a straight answer to my problem. i have frodo. newest releases of everything. on windows 8 htpc. i am trying to get pseudotv to work. and after installing from zip the newest release from post #1 all i get is a black screen when clicking on pseudo tv. it never changes from that. did i miss something. idk what else to do on it

(2013-07-16, 22:05)mikexmayhem Wrote: okay guys. brand new xbmc user here. so far everything is looking good. but it seems like there isnt a good place to get everything downloaded from, or how to guides to set stuff up. things seem kind of scattered. anyways there are over 400 pages here that i just cant read through. nor can i find a straight answer to my problem. i have frodo. newest releases of everything. on windows 8 htpc. i am trying to get pseudotv to work. and after installing from zip the newest release from post #1 all i get is a black screen when clicking on pseudo tv. it never changes from that. did i miss something. idk what else to do on it

I guess you are talking about the latest pre-release? Jason upped that yesterday, however it broke PTV. You need the previous version.

Try this one: https://app.box.com/s/pcwqsra2q628dylc2bqo

Mark

(2013-07-16, 21:59)Lunatixz Wrote: Is anyone having problems with no info being display in the channel manager for TV show, networks, etc...
I usually use playlists... so I have no idea when this could have broke or if its something I did... can someone check on their rig and let me know...

Still works for me Lunatixz.

What info are you missing exactly?

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-07-16

i downloaded xbmc 5 days ago roughly? but sounds good i will download and install this version and try again and update later on my progress. thanks mark

mike

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-16, 22:14)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 22:05)mikexmayhem Wrote: okay guys. brand new xbmc user here. so far everything is looking good. but it seems like there isnt a good place to get everything downloaded from, or how to guides to set stuff up. things seem kind of scattered. anyways there are over 400 pages here that i just cant read through. nor can i find a straight answer to my problem. i have frodo. newest releases of everything. on windows 8 htpc. i am trying to get pseudotv to work. and after installing from zip the newest release from post #1 all i get is a black screen when clicking on pseudo tv. it never changes from that. did i miss something. idk what else to do on it

I guess you are talking about the latest pre-release? Jason upped that yesterday, however it broke PTV. You need the previous version.

Try this one: https://app.box.com/s/pcwqsra2q628dylc2bqo

Mark

(2013-07-16, 21:59)Lunatixz Wrote: Is anyone having problems with no info being display in the channel manager for TV show, networks, etc...

Still works for me Lunatixz.

What info are you missing exactly?

Mark

ugh... that would explain it, PM from jason102 confirms... stabe-pre is broken, just updated my fork too! at first I thought it was something I did... Sad
thanks for the info

okay so now it works! now it says "unable to populate channels. please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels."
now i can tell you its the channel configuration i dont have set up right. in fact i dont even know where to start with that. sorry for the newb questions and all. im competently computer literate. so feel free to get technical. i just am not sure how xbmc works haha and it seems things are fairly manual set up. not complaining. im extremely happy as of right now

thanks for all the help

okay so it works. thanks for that info. but now i get the error that i need to make sure my media is scraped or my channels arent configured correctly. i can tell you know its the channels. unless something is suppose to work out of the box? i havent done any channel configuration. is there a guide on that floating around the interwebs?

thanks for all your help
mike

(2013-07-16, 22:22)mikexmayhem Wrote: i downloaded xbmc 5 days ago roughly? but sounds good i will download and install this version and try again and update later on my progress. thanks mark

mike

my posts arent sticking? i post, refresh page, and its gone? anyways this might be one of several duplicate posts haha. sorry. anyways it works now so thanks for the DL link. now it gives me an error about making sure media is scraped and/or channels are configured correctly. i can tell you its the channel configuration. not sure where to start with that. is there a guide floating around the interwebs regarding channel config?

thanks for all your help,
mike

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-16, 23:28)mikexmayhem Wrote: okay so it works. thanks for that info. but now i get the error that i need to make sure my media is scraped or my channels arent configured correctly. i can tell you know its the channels. unless something is suppose to work out of the box? i havent done any channel configuration. is there a guide on that floating around the interwebs?

thanks for all your help
mike

(2013-07-16, 22:22)mikexmayhem Wrote: i downloaded xbmc 5 days ago roughly? but sounds good i will download and install this version and try again and update later on my progress. thanks mark

mike

my posts arent sticking? i post, refresh page, and its gone? anyways this might be one of several duplicate posts haha. sorry. anyways it works now so thanks for the DL link. now it gives me an error about making sure media is scraped and/or channels are configured correctly. i can tell you its the channel configuration. not sure where to start with that. is there a guide floating around the interwebs regarding channel config?

mike

Okay...we are getting somewhere! Can you tell us what you are attempting? Perhaps start off with 1 channel of a genre, or studio and go from there. Remember, it may take some time to fully load. Once it gets one channel made, it will start playing that channel while any other channels are made in the background. Also, turn on debugging in XBMC then try running PTV. If it still doesn't work, post your debug on pastebin for us and provide a link.

And my posts don't appear to stick either, it is not just you. Appears to be some sort of forum bug.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-17, 00:28)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 23:28)mikexmayhem Wrote: okay so it works. thanks for that info. but now i get the error that i need to make sure my media is scraped or my channels arent configured correctly. i can tell you know its the channels. unless something is suppose to work out of the box? i havent done any channel configuration. is there a guide on that floating around the interwebs?

thanks for all your help
mike

mike

mike

Okay...we are getting somewhere! Can you tell us what you are attempting? Perhaps start off with 1 channel of a genre, or studio and go from there. Remember, it may take some time to fully load. Once it gets one channel made, it will start playing that channel while any other channels are made in the background. Also, turn on debugging in XBMC then try running PTV. If it still doesn't work, post your debug on pastebin for us and provide a link.

And my posts don't appear to stick either, it is not just you. Appears to be some sort of forum bug.

Mark

okay so im at work right now just remoting into my computer at home. i have limited capabilities as of right now. anyways ill ive done so far is install from zip, go to program addons and click PTV. it has a quick loading bar and then ends on a little pop up that says exactly :"Unable to populate channels. please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels". i did, just before installing this version of PTV, uninstall and reinstall xbmc. so i currently have no media libraries set up. i have my file structure set up with all my media and all scraped and ready to go. just havent sourced that into xbmc. so idk if that matters. but anyways. that is what i get. hit okay on the popup and PTV closes and goes back to addons screen

but alright sounds good i wont post multiple times than haha

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-07-17

another note. i was planning on following Milkmans guide to setting up ptv. but that requires me to be able to actually get INTO the application lol. and so, idk if me not having any media with xbmc has an affect. but i will add my collection and see what happens. until then i await your further advice