Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - idtjes3 - 2013-07-17

Hi There,

Sorry if this has been answered before but I'm having an issue using pseudoTV. Every once in a while a video will start playing that either flickers or is jumbled or has a green tint to it and flickers, etc. Is there a way to fix this? It seems like it happens mostly when going from HD to and SD show. Its not every time either which makes it difficult to troubleshoot. Pressing >>| on the remote to skip the episode fixes it but I'd like to not have to skip. For reference, the episodes in question play fine outside of PT. Thanks !

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-16, 22:23)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 22:14)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 22:05)mikexmayhem Wrote: okay guys. brand new xbmc user here. so far everything is looking good. but it seems like there isnt a good place to get everything downloaded from, or how to guides to set stuff up. things seem kind of scattered. anyways there are over 400 pages here that i just cant read through. nor can i find a straight answer to my problem. i have frodo. newest releases of everything. on windows 8 htpc. i am trying to get pseudotv to work. and after installing from zip the newest release from post #1 all i get is a black screen when clicking on pseudo tv. it never changes from that. did i miss something. idk what else to do on it

I guess you are talking about the latest pre-release? Jason upped that yesterday, however it broke PTV. You need the previous version.

Try this one: https://app.box.com/s/pcwqsra2q628dylc2bqo

Mark

(2013-07-16, 21:59)Lunatixz Wrote: Is anyone having problems with no info being display in the channel manager for TV show, networks, etc...
I usually use playlists... so I have no idea when this could have broke or if its something I did... can someone check on their rig and let me know...

Still works for me Lunatixz.

What info are you missing exactly?

Mark

ugh... that would explain it, PM from jason102 confirms... stabe-pre is broken, just updated my fork too! at first I thought it was something I did... Sad
thanks for the info

Apparently the problem I mentioned was broken before recent updates from jason... If you go into ptv's channel manager can you select a tv network, movie studio, tv genre, movie genre, mixed genre? looks like directory, playlist, and tv shows only work...

if someone has a copy that has those features working please send me it or let me know what commit version it is... worst timing for me to find this problem is when I'm adding new channel manager rules... Obviously I thought I mucked things up... but when I start clean with past versions problem is there, and seems to go back a ways...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-17, 06:01)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 22:23)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 22:14)mwkurt Wrote: I guess you are talking about the latest pre-release? Jason upped that yesterday, however it broke PTV. You need the previous version.

Try this one: https://app.box.com/s/pcwqsra2q628dylc2bqo

Mark

Still works for me Lunatixz.

What info are you missing exactly?

Mark

ugh... that would explain it, PM from jason102 confirms... stabe-pre is broken, just updated my fork too! at first I thought it was something I did... Sad
thanks for the info

Apparently the problem I mentioned was broken before recent updates from jason... If you go into ptv's channel manager can you select a tv network, movie studio, tv genre, movie genre, mixed genre? looks like directory, playlist, and tv shows only work...

if someone has a copy that has those features working please send me it or let me know what commit version it is... worst timing for me to find this problem is when I'm adding new channel manager rules... Obviously I thought I mucked things up... but when I start clean with past versions problem is there, and seems to go back a ways...

I can do all of that. Have you tried the copy I provided a few posts up?

Mark

(2013-07-17, 00:39)mikexmayhem Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 00:28)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 23:28)mikexmayhem Wrote: okay so it works. thanks for that info. but now i get the error that i need to make sure my media is scraped or my channels arent configured correctly. i can tell you know its the channels. unless something is suppose to work out of the box? i havent done any channel configuration. is there a guide on that floating around the interwebs?

thanks for all your help
mike

my posts arent sticking? i post, refresh page, and its gone? anyways this might be one of several duplicate posts haha. sorry. anyways it works now so thanks for the DL link. now it gives me an error about making sure media is scraped and/or channels are configured correctly. i can tell you its the channel configuration. not sure where to start with that. is there a guide floating around the interwebs regarding channel config?

thanks for all your help,
mike

Okay...we are getting somewhere! Can you tell us what you are attempting? Perhaps start off with 1 channel of a genre, or studio and go from there. Remember, it may take some time to fully load. Once it gets one channel made, it will start playing that channel while any other channels are made in the background. Also, turn on debugging in XBMC then try running PTV. If it still doesn't work, post your debug on pastebin for us and provide a link.

And my posts don't appear to stick either, it is not just you. Appears to be some sort of forum bug.

Mark

okay so im at work right now just remoting into my computer at home. i have limited capabilities as of right now. anyways ill ive done so far is install from zip, go to program addons and click PTV. it has a quick loading bar and then ends on a little pop up that says exactly :"Unable to populate channels. please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels". i did, just before installing this version of PTV, uninstall and reinstall xbmc. so i currently have no media libraries set up. i have my file structure set up with all my media and all scraped and ready to go. just havent sourced that into xbmc. so idk if that matters. but anyways. that is what i get. hit okay on the popup and PTV closes and goes back to addons screen

but alright sounds good i wont post multiple times than haha

Your media has to be in XBMC's library to be used by PTV.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - blazin912 - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-17, 06:01)Lunatixz Wrote: Apparently the problem I mentioned was broken before recent updates from jason... If you go into ptv's channel manager can you select a tv network, movie studio, tv genre, movie genre, mixed genre? looks like directory, playlist, and tv shows only work...

All of mine work, I can send you my PTV folder tonight.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-07-17

This sucks... I have to track this problem down before friday... are you using a sql database?

Screenshot of problem

Using mwkurt posted version. So its not something I did to my fork...
now I just need to figure out if it's unique to my system (database problem) or if I have to track down the problem code...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - nerdmastax - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-17, 20:03)Lunatixz Wrote: This sucks... I have to track this problem down before friday... are you using a sql database?

Screenshot of problem

now I just need to figure out if it's unique to my system (database problem) or if I have to track down the problem code...

using the same version mwkurt posted, no issues selecting a genre, not using any fancy databases here (just the videos75 default thingie)

I do want to share an issue i solved to potentially save some trouble for others. I had super long shows in my guide which was the result of runtime being 1330 instead of like 14 in files, made psuedotv take long to build channels and broke best effort scheduling. i used the latest ember media manager to try and update the runtime, but it wouldnt edit the nfo, so i had to manually delete all the nfo files (all 3128 of em [lame]) and recreate them from scratch with ember. but now all my issues are solved.

i also had a question about the one fork out there that added episode counts to interleaving, on github it shows it was reverted back to the old way, is there a reason why? does it still work? (my cartoon network/adult swim channel will thank you)

and speaking of cartoon network, i had an idea to change the channel bug on cartoon network automatically. basically get a scripting program to change the file name of the channel logo at say 22:00 and then rename it back at 06:00 (name the cartoon network.png to ctw.png at 10 pm and rename the adult swim.png to cartoon network.png..... then at 6 am name cartoon network.png to adult swim.png and ctw.png to cartoon network.png)

same process above should work for toonami.

oh and you guys rock, ive been following this thread since page 350. keep up the good work.

(2013-07-17, 20:03)Lunatixz Wrote: This sucks... I have to track this problem down before friday... are you using a sql database?

Screenshot of problem

Screenshot of problem

using the same version mwkurt posted, no issues selecting a genre, not using any fancy databases here (just the videos75 default thingie)

I do want to share an issue i solved to potentially save some trouble for others. I had super long shows in my guide which was the result of runtime being 1330 instead of like 14 in files, made psuedotv take long to build channels and broke best effort scheduling. i used the latest ember media manager to try and update the runtime, but it wouldnt edit the nfo, so i had to manually delete all the nfo files (all 3128 of em [lame]) and recreate them from scratch with ember. but now all my issues are solved.

i also had a question about the one fork out there that added episode counts to interleaving, on github it shows it was reverted back to the old way, is there a reason why? does it still work? (my cartoon network/adult swim channel will thank you)

and speaking of cartoon network, i had an idea to change the channel bug on cartoon network automatically. basically get a scripting program to change the file name of the channel logo at say 22:00 and then rename it back at 06:00 (name the cartoon network.png to ctw.png at 10 pm and rename the adult swim.png to cartoon network.png..... then at 6 am name cartoon network.png to adult swim.png and ctw.png to cartoon network.png)

oh and you guys rock, ive been following this thread since page 350

sorry if this post appears as a double post it isnt sticking ( i think its due to the thread being too large.) i mean it does have over 4400 posts

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-17, 12:13)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 06:01)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 22:23)Lunatixz Wrote: ugh... that would explain it, PM from jason102 confirms... stabe-pre is broken, just updated my fork too! at first I thought it was something I did... Sad
thanks for the info

Mark

(2013-07-17, 00:39)mikexmayhem Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 00:28)mwkurt Wrote: Okay...we are getting somewhere! Can you tell us what you are attempting? Perhaps start off with 1 channel of a genre, or studio and go from there. Remember, it may take some time to fully load. Once it gets one channel made, it will start playing that channel while any other channels are made in the background. Also, turn on debugging in XBMC then try running PTV. If it still doesn't work, post your debug on pastebin for us and provide a link.

And my posts don't appear to stick either, it is not just you. Appears to be some sort of forum bug.

Mark

okay so im at work right now just remoting into my computer at home. i have limited capabilities as of right now. anyways ill ive done so far is install from zip, go to program addons and click PTV. it has a quick loading bar and then ends on a little pop up that says exactly :"Unable to populate channels. please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels". i did, just before installing this version of PTV, uninstall and reinstall xbmc. so i currently have no media libraries set up. i have my file structure set up with all my media and all scraped and ready to go. just havent sourced that into xbmc. so idk if that matters. but anyways. that is what i get. hit okay on the popup and PTV closes and goes back to addons screen

Mark

right. So I added some content and now I have 6 channels that play random stuff. I just read PTV channel manager somewhere. Is that a separate program? Or how do I get to it in PTV?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-17, 23:41)mikexmayhem Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 12:13)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 06:01)Lunatixz Wrote: Apparently the problem I mentioned was broken before recent updates from jason... If you go into ptv's channel manager can you select a tv network, movie studio, tv genre, movie genre, mixed genre? looks like directory, playlist, and tv shows only work...

Mark

(2013-07-17, 00:39)mikexmayhem Wrote: okay so im at work right now just remoting into my computer at home. i have limited capabilities as of right now. anyways ill ive done so far is install from zip, go to program addons and click PTV. it has a quick loading bar and then ends on a little pop up that says exactly :"Unable to populate channels. please verify that you have scraped media in your library and that you have properly configured channels". i did, just before installing this version of PTV, uninstall and reinstall xbmc. so i currently have no media libraries set up. i have my file structure set up with all my media and all scraped and ready to go. just havent sourced that into xbmc. so idk if that matters. but anyways. that is what i get. hit okay on the popup and PTV closes and goes back to addons screen

Mark

right. So I added some content and now I have 6 channels that play random stuff. I just read PTV channel manager somewhere. Is that a separate program? Or how do I get to it in PTV?

I don't know if that program has been updated to work with the current version of PTV. It's not that hard to make your own Smart Playlists or just use the available channel rules.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-07-18

(2013-07-17, 23:53)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 23:41)mikexmayhem Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 12:13)mwkurt Wrote: I can do all of that. Have you tried the copy I provided a few posts up?

Mark

Mark

I don't know if that program has been updated to work with the current version of PTV. It's not that hard to make your own Smart Playlists or just use the available channel rules.

Mark

a quick dummies guide on doing that? Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - aptalca - 2013-07-18

I've been using this for a while, but one thing really bugs me and I just could not figure it out

Whenever there is a background update going on, the channels being updated disappear. Sometimes, all the channels disappear except for the one I currently have on. The biggest annoyance is that the first few channels take forever to update due to the filters I guess (I have it set to play watched media only), so I can't change the channel for a while

My general settings are:
Time between channel resets: Never
Default channel times at startup: Real time
Background updating: On
Channel sharing is also on

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-07-18

(2013-07-18, 01:45)aptalca Wrote: I've been using this for a while, but one thing really bugs me and I just could not figure it out

Whenever there is a background update going on, the channels being updated disappear. Sometimes, all the channels disappear except for the one I currently have on. The biggest annoyance is that the first few channels take forever to update due to the filters I guess (I have it set to play watched media only), so I can't change the channel for a while

My general settings are:
Time between channel resets: Never
Default channel times at startup: Real time
Background updating: On
Channel sharing is also on

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks

I promised myself I wouldn't answer anymore questions in this thread... tooo many trouble makers Confused
But you seem nice enough...

Turn off background updating or set it to minimal... this will increase load time, but you will have all your channels when pseudotv starts.
reduce the number of channels you have or reduce the channels playlist limit to 250 or less.
set channel reset to automatic...

those are your only options, hope this helps

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-07-18

(2013-07-18, 00:06)mikexmayhem Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 23:53)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 23:41)mikexmayhem Wrote: right. So I added some content and now I have 6 channels that play random stuff. I just read PTV channel manager somewhere. Is that a separate program? Or how do I get to it in PTV?

Mark

a quick dummies guide on doing that? Smile

What kind of channels are you trying to make?

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - nitewulf - 2013-07-18

I have some .strm files added to my TV Show library. Some of the links, when PseudoTv tries to play, fail to open. I eventually just have to hit cancel on the dialog box that pops up. After that PseudoTv closes and i am back on my home screen. PseudoTv will not launch again until I restart XBMC.

Is there a way to configure it to exit more gracefully? Or kill the running process that seems to be hung?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-07-18

Screenshot of problem

I found the cause of my problem... and its repeatable on different configurations.
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>

Blanks out those fields for whatever reason... Wish I figured out this problem... before I completely dropped my database Sad

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - geebs61 - 2013-07-18

(2013-07-17, 22:00)nerdmastax Wrote: i also had a question about the one fork out there that added episode counts to interleaving, on github it shows it was reverted back to the old way, is there a reason why? does it still work? (my cartoon network/adult swim channel will thank you)

oh and you guys rock, ive been following this thread since page 350. keep up the good work.

I believe you are talking about my fork. I moved around some branches so it might not be where I left it. Here is the link to the current version, and yes, it does still work. I'm planning on keeping it updated with stable-pre (as long as Jason's stable-pre doesn't get borked up at all)