Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-08-10

Anyone else having problems with PTV with Gotham nightlies? I keep getting a "Unable to populate channels" error when PTV tries to update the channels. All my videos are scanned into the library properly. It's a fresh install of XBMC on a fresh install of Win7. I grabbed the latest pre-stable of PTV and copied over my PTV userdata info from a different install. Hopefully someone has an idea as I've become pretty dependent on PTV anymore. LOL!

Here's the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44090

EDIT: I even tried deleting everything from the userdata folder and let PTV rebuild it with it's default channels and I get the same error.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - jfg84 - 2013-08-11

(2013-08-09, 08:55)Greenops Wrote: I love this program and it seems to be working just fine except for one problem. It seems to only have a small fraction of my library available. Why is this? What do I need to do to get my whole library added?

Edit: It seems to only be an issue with TV shows.

Your nfo files need runtimes. I also had this issue with nfos created by Ember, I fixed it by removing the Ember created nfos and let XBMC scan the library. It's backwards to what other people say to do, but it worked for me.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Greenops - 2013-08-11

I really need a way to switch between audio tracks and Subtitle tracks. Some shows offer english dubs but have Japanese or German or French as default same with subtitles.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-08-11

(2013-08-11, 05:45)Greenops Wrote: I really need a way to switch between audio tracks and Subtitle tracks. Some shows offer english dubs but have Japanese or German or French as default same with subtitles.

press m during playback, select the audio icon, switch your tracks there.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - nerdmastax - 2013-08-11

(2013-08-11, 05:45)Greenops Wrote: I really need a way to switch between audio tracks and Subtitle tracks. Some shows offer english dubs but have Japanese or German or French as default same with subtitles.
"m" will bring up the osd and you can do it on the fly. or open any tv show normally through xbmc and bring up the osd and set the subtitle/audio settings and select the option use as default for all videos, this has to be done with 1 movie as well because there are different global settings.

aww ya beat me to it...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Aenima99x - 2013-08-11

(2013-08-10, 22:42)RockDawg Wrote: Anyone else having problems with PTV with Gotham nightlies? I keep getting a "Unable to populate channels" error when PTV tries to update the channels. All my videos are scanned into the library properly. It's a fresh install of XBMC on a fresh install of Win7. I grabbed the latest pre-stable of PTV and copied over my PTV userdata info from a different install. Hopefully someone has an idea as I've become pretty dependent on PTV anymore. LOL!

EDIT: I even tried deleting everything from the userdata folder and let PTV rebuild it with it's default channels and I get the same error.

Yes, same issue. I asked Jason here, but never got a response. I also asked Lunatixz in his PTV fork thread and he said he won't look into it now because Gotham is still Alpha.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - baken1925 - 2013-08-11

Can someone point me in the direction to download the Alaska skin? Ive tried google, and here, and links throughout this thread everything seems to be down

Also I have another question, everything ive got set up looks great except my custom channel logo's are on top of embedded logos om videos which I understand. Is there a way to edit something so the logo will show say in the top right corner instead of bottom right corner?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - TOMillr - 2013-08-12

I'm curious to know if there is a way to integrate some of the streaming services, for which there are separate add-ons, right into PseudoTV. I'm especially interested in the following services:

Offsidestreams
NTV
TVCatchup
USTVnow

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-08-12

(2013-08-12, 11:53)TOMillr Wrote: I'm curious to know if there is a way to integrate some of the streaming services, for which there are separate add-ons, right into PseudoTV. I'm especially interested in the following services:

Offsidestreams
NTV
TVCatchup
USTVnow

for ustvnow you can use this https://www.dropbox.com/s/rk37wbi2zm8o672/USTVNOW.zip
its what i use on my setup. then just make playlists for each strm and set them to the channels you want.
you have to modify the default.py file for ustvnow so it works, if you look around the forums you should find the instructions.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-08-13

(2013-08-11, 16:15)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 22:42)RockDawg Wrote: Anyone else having problems with PTV with Gotham nightlies? I keep getting a "Unable to populate channels" error when PTV tries to update the channels. All my videos are scanned into the library properly. It's a fresh install of XBMC on a fresh install of Win7. I grabbed the latest pre-stable of PTV and copied over my PTV userdata info from a different install. Hopefully someone has an idea as I've become pretty dependent on PTV anymore. LOL!

Yes, same issue. I asked Jason here, but never got a response. I also asked Lunatixz in his PTV fork thread and he said he won't look into it now because Gotham is still Alpha.

Thanks for the confirmation. Back to 12.2 I guess.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Aenima99x - 2013-08-13

(2013-08-13, 04:47)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-08-11, 16:15)Aenima99x Wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation. Back to 12.2 I guess.

I don't know what changed, but it's working again?! Might have been something fixed in the latest xbmc build (I'm running monthlies). I've tested regualr PTV and PTV-Live and both work now. Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-08-14

Are you running the August monthly? That what I tried before and I just tried it again and it won;t populate the channels. Damn this sucks. That's two of you now who are running in Gotham. Wish I could figure out why mine won't.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Aenima99x - 2013-08-14

(2013-08-14, 03:27)RockDawg Wrote: Are you running the August monthly? That what I tried before and I just tried it again and it won;t populate the channels. Damn this sucks. That's two of you now who are running in Gotham. Wish I could figure out why mine won't.
Yes I'm running the Aug monthly. I'm not sure what fixed it, but I thought I had tried right after the Aug monthly isntall and it didn't work. I tried it on a whim today and it fired up. I've got a friend who's system is exactly the same as mine and his isn't working. Huh

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-08-18

(2013-05-16, 17:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-05-16, 08:55)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 20:46)Lunatixz Wrote: look for my topic on adding strms to ptv... for info
Ah i assume youre referencing the part about not using self-generated nfo files?
Quote:1. Disable any options to self generate nfo's within the plugins settings.
This works for most shows/content, but anything where the video from the source doesnt match the video on the scraper needs its own nfo file. When i ran into this issue it was specifically for old cartoons from hulu like dudley do right and popeye the sailor. Hulu has them formatted into episodes different from the original way they were broadcast so they dont match up with the scraper. For instance each episode of popeye is 3 shorts put together and they are all in alphabetical order. So for situations like that the nfo it makes will have correct info about the episode and all the scrapers wont match that.

I'd like to help, but I can only offer the advice previously mentioned... When it comes to getting Hulu and PTV working well together it's best to disable self generated nfos and either create your own or generate them using ember...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160904

As for your cartoons... It seem that if TVDB doesn't show the proper info... you will be forced at some point to edit the nfo's manually anyway... I suggest you save the nfo's generated by hulu and manual edit all of the runtimes for them...
BTW runtime info when it comes to PTV doesn't have to be down to the second.... you could generalize a show as 30 minutes when it is actually 28.... Only problem is after enough of theses shows the epg will get a little out of sync...

i have managed to find a nice solution to this issue. the hulu plugin puts the <durationinseconds> tag into the episode nfo files but it doesnt include <runtime>. so i modified the .py file to include runtime when it exports, so now they get picked up properly by pseudotv after being added to your library.

in your xbmc addons directory (for windows c:/users/[your name]/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons) open the file xbmclibrary.py under plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib and at line 242 you should see
Code:
durationseconds = data.findtext('duration')
just add the following lines directly below it
Code:
runtime = str(int(float(durationseconds))/60)
episodeDetails += '<runtime>'+runtime+'</runtime>'
make sure you indent it with spaces and not tabs, if youre using notepad++ it might auto indent with tabs. for whatever reason being indented with tabs breaks the addon.
then save it and export your stuff, the nfos will have runtimes.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-08-18

After messing with the hulu plugin the first time i wasnt satisfied with its lack of smb support, so i fixed that too. And since its usual method of removing the TV and Movies directories to clear them was messing with my smb shares i modified it to just clear out all the files inside them instead. Here is the modified file if anyone wants it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5oht12flpdi529/xbmclibrary.py