Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-09-07

(2013-09-07, 03:30)TroyDe Wrote: I've looked but I can't find it but how do I get to the program guide? This is the last major thing I need!

You press enter.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - TroyDe - 2013-09-07

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Is there some where that shows all the keyboard functions?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-09-07

(2013-09-07, 04:28)TroyDe Wrote: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Is there some where that shows all the keyboard functions?

In the first post of this thread.
Quote:Controls:
To access the EPG, press the Select key(enter). To close the EPG, press Previous Menu (escape). And to exit the script, press Stop. Pressing number keys followed by Select allow you to skip directly to the channel number of your choosing.

To change channels, use the arrow up and down keys.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2013-09-07

(2013-09-07, 00:57)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-09-06, 03:56)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-09-02, 17:01)mwkurt Wrote: Ever since the Frodo update, Channel sharing has not worked as it used to, although some will say it is working fine. I currently use a syncing utility to get the channels sharing to work on multiple machines.

Mark

What about Real-Time channel times? Does that work for you? It doesn't for me. I can start a channel, stop and restart it and it will show a different episode every time.

It's kind of hard for me to answer that as I don't know how you are set up nor what your channels settings are. However, I can sort of explain my setup for you.
First I have "real time" selected in the settings for all of my channels. The channels that I want to start where I leave off I have "always keep paused" and "Force resume" enabled in channel rules.

You just made me realize my problem. I had "Force Random Mode" enabled for each channel thinking it was randomizing the episodes. Your post got me thinking that it actually means to randomize episodes on start up. Sure enough, when I disable it, the same episode is playing when I exit and restart. Thanks.

Quote:As far as my sharing and the syncing, here is what I do. I have set up a central folder that I use as sort of my home base for PTV on my server that is always on. On each of my installs I do not have channel sharing enabled anymore as I could not get it to work right, instead what I do is whenever I start XBMC, I have the PTV files pulled to the local install from my "home base" folder. When I kill XBMC, I have that computer send the PTV files to the "home base" folder. This is the best I could come up with for sharing channels. It works as long as I make sure to kill XBMC before I start XBMC on a different machine.

Hope this helps a little,
Mark

I'm a little confused I thought you used Allway Sync. Isn't that real-time syncing? Why do you pull and send files from the "home base" folder? How do you initiate the file transfer upon opening and closing XBMC? What happens if you don't kill the one XBMC and you then try to run PTV on another machine?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xytreme99 - 2013-09-07

Hi

I've got it set up great, thanks for the app.
I like to fast forward by pressing the numbers. eg 1:00 to go to to the 1hr mark, however this does not work with pseudotv as the numbers are for channels. Any solution

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-09-07

(2013-09-07, 07:23)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-09-07, 00:57)mwkurt Wrote:
(2013-09-06, 03:56)RockDawg Wrote: What about Real-Time channel times? Does that work for you? It doesn't for me. I can start a channel, stop and restart it and it will show a different episode every time.

It's kind of hard for me to answer that as I don't know how you are set up nor what your channels settings are. However, I can sort of explain my setup for you.
First I have "real time" selected in the settings for all of my channels. The channels that I want to start where I leave off I have "always keep paused" and "Force resume" enabled in channel rules.

You just made me realize my problem. I had "Force Random Mode" enabled for each channel thinking it was randomizing the episodes. Your post got me thinking that it actually means to randomize episodes on start up. Sure enough, when I disable it, the same episode is playing when I exit and restart. Thanks.

Quote:As far as my sharing and the syncing, here is what I do. I have set up a central folder that I use as sort of my home base for PTV on my server that is always on. On each of my installs I do not have channel sharing enabled anymore as I could not get it to work right, instead what I do is whenever I start XBMC, I have the PTV files pulled to the local install from my "home base" folder. When I kill XBMC, I have that computer send the PTV files to the "home base" folder. This is the best I could come up with for sharing channels. It works as long as I make sure to kill XBMC before I start XBMC on a different machine.

Hope this helps a little,
Mark

I'm a little confused I thought you used Allway Sync. Isn't that real-time syncing? Why do you pull and send files from the "home base" folder? How do you initiate the file transfer upon opening and closing XBMC? What happens if you don't kill the one XBMC and you then try to run PTV on another machine?

I do use Allway Sync. You could use it to sync whenever a change is made to the PTV files. I have found though that if I am just watching one particular channel all of the time, which is my general use, then no changes are made to the PTV files, hence no file transfer occurs.
The way that I initiate the transfer is to use Event Ghost to watch for XBMC Open/kill events which starts Allway Sync and moves my files.
What happens if I do not move my files is that the "Real Time" place that my channel is stopped is not used when I start another XBMC instance. Instead, the "Real Time" place of the initial XBMC opening is used and I wind up seeing the same episodes over again, unless I fast forward through the episodes I have already watched.

Glad to have helped you a liitle,
Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Sandurz - 2013-09-07

Let me start off by thanking Jason for such a genius and dope plugin. Works great!

But I've got one weird issue I can't seem to track down. If I make a smart playlist for TV episodes, no show information shows up in the EPG or on the OSD. Only filenames/paths and nothing else.

I've tested playing these lists directly from XBMC and all the information appears fine. And I'm having no problems matching what I want either.

This doesn't happen with Movie playlists or any other form of channel. Network, TV Show, Genre all work fine. Any tips?

EDIT: Actually just figured it out...setting the playlist type to Episodes did the trick. I didn't realize it was basically pointing to the set of the show and not individual episodes when matching, which seemed to screw up PTV's methodology. Thanks anyway!

(2013-09-07, 16:45)Sandurz Wrote: Let me start off by thanking Jason for such a genius and dope plugin. Works great!

But I've got one weird issue I can't seem to track down. If I make a smart playlist for TV episodes, no show information shows up in the EPG or on the OSD. Only filenames/paths and nothing else.

I've tested playing these lists directly from XBMC and all the information appears fine. And I'm having no problems matching what I want either.

This doesn't happen with Movie playlists or any other form of channel. Network, TV Show, Genre all work fine. Any tips?

Your smart playlist needs to select tv shows instead of episodes.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Sandurz - 2013-09-07

(2013-09-07, 16:48)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Your smart playlist needs to select tv shows instead of episodes.

Oddly enough doing the opposite is what did the trick.

But there's one more issue I've been encountering a lot lately...switching channels sends me into a black hole 65% of the time...it's like how things will go black briefly before the next channel loads but the next channel never comes, and then I have to go kill the task because it keeps playing the audio on a black screen even after the window is closed. Any tips? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this issue. It seemed like it was having TV Network channels was the issue and switching to those was what did it, but even after making smart playlists for everything I'm still plagued by it.

Is there a log of some sort I could upload to help out?

(2013-09-07, 19:51)Sandurz Wrote: But there's one more issue I've been encountering a lot lately...switching channels sends me into a black hole 65% of the time...it's like how things will go black briefly before the next channel loads but the next channel never comes, and then I have to go kill the task because it keeps playing the audio on a black screen even after the window is closed. Any tips? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this issue. It seemed like it was having TV Network channels was the issue and switching to those was what did it, but even after making smart playlists for everything I'm still plagued by it.

your xbmc.log file would have any log info in it. theres a separate site youre supposed to upload them to because they are quite lengthy.

does it turn the screen black and not change channels, so you just hear the audio of what you were watching before?
or does it change channels and play the item its supposed to but just the audio?

if its playing the audio for the new channel then it sounds like a gui issue, you could try hitting tab to bring the video playing to the front. can you confirm that playing an item from your library, and then selecting a new library item to play without stopping the other works fine?

if it just blanks the screen and never changes channels then it could be a permissions issue. its trying to open a file that it doesnt have permission to open.

will it ever time-out when the screen is blank?

(2013-09-07, 20:09)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-09-07, 19:51)Sandurz Wrote: But there's one more issue I've been encountering a lot lately...switching channels sends me into a black hole 65% of the time...it's like how things will go black briefly before the next channel loads but the next channel never comes, and then I have to go kill the task because it keeps playing the audio on a black screen even after the window is closed. Any tips? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this issue. It seemed like it was having TV Network channels was the issue and switching to those was what did it, but even after making smart playlists for everything I'm still plagued by it.

your xbmc.log file would have any log info in it. theres a separate site youre supposed to upload them to because they are quite lengthy.

does it turn the screen black and not change channels, so you just hear the audio of what you were watching before?
or does it change channels and play the item its supposed to but just the audio?

if its playing the audio for the new channel then it sounds like a gui issue, you could try hitting tab to bring the video playing to the front. can you confirm that playing an item from your library, and then selecting a new library item to play without stopping the other works fine?

if it just blanks the screen and never changes channels then it could be a permissions issue. its trying to open a file that it doesnt have permission to open.

will it ever time-out when the screen is blank?

It turns black and doesn't change, while playing the audio from the previous channel. And you can hear the navigation noises if you, say, bring up the shutdown menu and navigate up and down the choices. And hitting escape to quit doesn't bring up anything like the "Are you sure?" dialog you usually see.

(2013-09-07, 20:14)Sandurz Wrote: It turns black and doesn't change, while playing the audio from the previous channel. And you can hear the navigation noises if you, say, bring up the shutdown menu and navigate up and down the choices. And hitting escape to quit doesn't bring up anything like the "Are you sure?" dialog you usually see.

Yeah a log file will probably be necessary here. Restart xbmc, open PTV and replicate the problem. Then upload your log and post the link here please.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=56070

There's the latest log. Hopefully I did the right thing.

EDIT: After browsing it briefly it looks like my trakt scrobbler might be the problem. Didn't even think of that. That look about right? I did hit X and the audio stopped right before I force quit it though so maybe that's why it scrobbled.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-09-08

(2013-09-07, 22:28)Sandurz Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=56070

EDIT: After browsing it briefly it looks like my trakt scrobbler might be the problem. Didn't even think of that. That look about right? I did hit X and the audio stopped right before I force quit it though so maybe that's why it scrobbled.

I dont use trakt, so i have no clue what it does. But it looks like that and whatever (if its something else) is using yousee.tv may be messing up PTV. Try disabling that (or those) addon(s) and restarting.

If that doesnt work then enable debugging ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Advanced#Enable_debugging ) and post another log.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-09-08

(2013-09-07, 22:28)Sandurz Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=56070

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157924
(Frodo)PseudoTV doesn't like Trakt,tv