Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-15

jtucker1972 Wrote:Sranshaft was working on a media manager which would comply with the XBMC standard and perform the file scraping for duration. It's a big undertaking to test everything and with having jobs too, it may take him some time to complete.

Yeah, things got beyond hectic last weekend and time just wasn't there. If anything, I'll probably end up releasing a quick, no-frills version that will scan the database and inject a streamdetails table if one isn't found until I can get enough time together to finish updating my old media manager. I try to separate the GUI code from the backend code whenever I code a program so if I can find an interruption-free weekend it shouldn't take very long but there's a lot of GUI stuff to do.

I still have the Confluence skin to complete, 85% complete, and I've started skinning the Forum Browser addon on top of that so my to-do list is pretty well booked for the foreseeable future.

mwkurt Wrote:<RANT ON>To each his own I guess, but you know, I really find this sad. There was a day, back when we had 3 channels and maybe a couple fuzzy uhf channels, the networks did not put a bug on the programs. One of the reasons for my wanting to use this and an HTPC in general, is to get away from the intrusive lengths the networks are now going through to annoy us viewers. And now I guess some of us have gotten so used to the annoying bugs, that we miss them and want them even when we could not have them. Like I said, to each his own. But please, please make this a selectable option or better yet, make two versions of PseudoTV, one with bugs and one without. There will be no bugs for me! </RANT OFF>

Mark

Wow dude, someone needs to remember to take his medication...if you would have happened to try it out before ranting you'd had seen there was already an option to disable it. In fact it came disabled by default. No need to fly off the handle. All of these 'extra options' are exactly that - options. Nothing is being forced upon the user.

Seriously though, it was requested by another user and it was a feature that was extremely simple to implement. It thought it was a cool visual thing but will most likely not even use it myself.

Jason102 Wrote:@Sranshaft: Ha, since you already did all of the work, I'm fine with putting it in. For mwkurt's sake I'll just default the option to off.

There was a bit of a bug I found after uploading it. Being set in the setShowInfo method, if the user has disabled Show info when channel is changed the logo will not appear. The call to set it will probably have to occur in the setChannel method or showInfo method instead.

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-15

mwkurt Wrote:Okay...I have set debug mode to on and can see that it is still getting the stream details. Do you know if there will be some sort of indication in my log file when XBMC completes the probing of my video files. Will there be something to let me know when it is finished?

Thanks,
Mark

Whenever you open the playlist, it should start to go through each file returned in the list. You should see an entry for CDVDDemuxFFmpeg which is built-in function in XBMC to use ffmpeg to get the video header information from the file. There should be a CDVDDemuxFFmpeg entry for each file in the playlist. Sometimes, ffmpeg may have a problem with a format or file, but the log will tell you that if it occurs.

One of the big challenges Jason will have with getting durations is that XBMC does not expose the CDVDDemuxFFmpeg in the API, so he would have to use his own version of ffmpeg or other program to read the video file header data. Since there are multiple platforms (windows, mac, linux, atv, etc.) it becomes an even more difficult task. I spent a day digging through the XBMC source code to confirm there is no method to access the built-in functionality. It was a major bummer. Sad

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-15

Jason, just wanted to say again how awesome this script is! I hope you don't take all the "enhancement" suggestions and feedback to mean I don't appreciate the beauty of this script and the effort it took to get to where it is. I guess it has just inspired me for the possibilities. Thanks to this script I am beginning to start developing my own script and learning a lot from your example and sranshaft's skin. Yesterday I was able to get my three dialog windows to work and navigate between them. I have to work on building out the controls and then start populating them, but happy with the progress so far. Hope to be able to show a preview of the PseudoTV Channel Editor prototype in the near future.

- pcvii - 2011-02-15

Jason102 Wrote:@pcvii: Hmm, I haven't seen this bug in a little while. Are you using the release or stable-pre version? Is it always a certain channel that has this problem, or is it all channels? Just to clarify, when you pull up the EPG it will sometime show the currently playing program as something other than what's on? Or is this the info window that you can pop up is wrong (there is a known bug with this)?

Hmm.. i think i have the newest version. I'll double check. the zip on the first page is the newset right? i download from the repository last time. Should i uninstall the current one? I'll just delete the one i have and install from the first page.

And it is all channels. The anime channel says 11eyes and it's playing highschool of the dead. And the harry potter channel says chamber of secrets and it is playing order of the Phoenix Tongue

- pcvii - 2011-02-15

feature request would be to scan all the shows for their *network* and generate a channel automatically for the networks shows Big Grin

Should be in the meta data. So like all Fox shows would show up on the fox channel.

Though I don't mind making a playlist it seems a bit round about. Tongue

- pcvii - 2011-02-15

Yeah i think it had two versions installed at the same time. Somehow. Though i reloaded and same issue with 2.0 zip from the main page. Says it's playing one thing and it playing another.

- Jason102 - 2011-02-15

Are you seeing the issue in the EPG or the little information window that pops up with 'I' and on channel changes?

- &quot;wkf&quot; - 2011-02-15

Quote:@Jason: I just added an extra image control into the PseudoTV.overlay.xml (id="103") and added a setImage call during the setShowInfo method.

Here's a link if anyone wants to test it out: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3687220/script.PseudoTV%20%28Channel%20bug%20test%29.zip

Hi, I download the test script, but i'm not seeing the logos, upon checking i cant find the 103 id in the overlay.xml

Thanks
WKF

- mwkurt - 2011-02-15

Sranshaft Wrote:Wow dude, someone needs to remember to take his medication...if you would have happened to try it out before ranting you'd had seen there was already an option to disable it. In fact it came disabled by default. No need to fly off the handle. All of these 'extra options' are exactly that - options. Nothing is being forced upon the user.

Seriously though, it was requested by another user and it was a feature that was extremely simple to implement. It thought it was a cool visual thing but will most likely not even use it myself.

Sranshaft,

I didn't mean for my rant to come off as serious as you have taken it. Sorry, if it did. It was mainly an observation that came off wrong...sorry!
Thanks for all of the work that you and the others are doing on this script.

Mark

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-16

wkf Wrote:Hi, I download the test script, but i'm not seeing the logos, upon checking i cant find the 103 id in the overlay.xml

Thanks
WKF

Yeah, wow,...not sure what happened there. I must have uploaded the wrong version. Try downloading it again and give it a try. Sorry about that.

Download here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3687220/script.PseudoTV%20%28Channel%20bug%20test%29.zip

- tungmeister - 2011-02-16

Jason102 Wrote:@tungmeister: Weird, you're having the same problem that zepfan had, the duration field isn't being returned. I really need to figure out how to get durations from video files without XBMC knowing them. Did you change anything about your database? Did you reset it or anything? Does the actual release work properly?

I've made no changes to my setup other than adding afew more episodes of stuff. I've just tried the release and it's working fine so it's defiantly an issue with the script. If I get time I'll go through the revisions and try and pin point where the issue arose.

- &quot;wkf&quot; - 2011-02-16

@ Sranshaft

Sranshaft Wrote:Yeah, wow,...not sure what happened there. I must have uploaded the wrong version. Try downloading it again and give it a try. Sorry about that.

Download here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3687220/script.PseudoTV%20%28Channel%20bug%20test%29.zip

Thanks for the that
some progress the logos show when i press the info button, then disappear when the info bar closes, Other than that its looking good

Cheers
WKF

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-16

Have you enabled the feature in the settings window? Bring up PseudoTV's settings window and make sure "Show channel logo over playing video" is enabled.

If that doesn't work, download this again and give it another try. I'm pretty sure I uploaded the correct version but I could be wrong...I need more sleep. Laugh

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3687220/script.PseudoTV%20%28Channel%20bug%20test%29.zip

- &quot;wkf&quot; - 2011-02-16

Sranshaft Wrote:Have you enabled the feature in the settings window? Bring up PseudoTV's settings window and make sure "Show channel logo over playing video" is enabled.

If that doesn't work, download this again and give it another try. I'm pretty sure I uploaded the correct version but I could be wrong...I need more sleep. Laugh

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3687220/script.PseudoTV%20%28Channel%20bug%20test%29.zip

sorry to be a pain, tried this one and exactly the same show logo is enabled in settings, when i press i it shows under the info banner then just disappears when info goes, it is supposed to stay on the screen? unless i misunderstood
Again sorry for being a pain
Cheers
WKF

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-16

wkf Wrote:sorry to be a pain, tried this one and exactly the same show logo is enabled in settings, when i press i it shows under the info banner then just disappears when info goes, it is supposed to stay on the screen? unless i misunderstood
Again sorry for being a pain
Cheers
WKF

It should appear on the screen in the lower right corner. This nothing to do with the logo that appears when you press 'i'. It should always be visible like so:

Can you post your debug log so I can help narrow things down for you? Everything is working fine on my end so I'm not sure where things are getting messed up for you. Perhaps do a clean install of PseudoTV* and see if that works for you.

*Make sure you backup this folder in case things go wrong so you'll easily be able to recover. Also make sure you replace the channel icons back into the resources\images folder.