Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - rich.h - 2013-10-12

Thanks for the replies, I took another look at some problem programs and checked out the audio for them. It seems that anything that is either DTS, AC3 or any other 5.1 source will cause stuttering. Any normal stereo 1/1 source works just fine.

This happens even if I try to play by browsing my video library from the xbmc main window, so it's not an issue with pseudotv afterall, not sure if I should take this issue to the standard support forum or not?

Everything works just fine using any player from my standard windows environment, I only get issues with xbmc. My system specs are as follows:

Asus asus p8z77-v deluxe
Intel core I5 3750k
HIS hd4850 1gb
16gb ram
Logitech z5500 speakers connected via spdif optical
win 7 on a 64gb ssd
other software on a 256gb ssd
all media on WD 2tb drives

The speakers are a new addition and I think the time this issue began fits perfectly with the speakers. I tried fiddling with the audio settings in xbmc and is my audio output is analog then things play just fine (obviously with no sound as i dont have analog connections running), if I use either optical or hdmi then instantly things stutter on any 5.1 source. I can't believe this is a system issue as I can happily open wmp etc and play anything with no problems and my systems barely notices as far as cpu use etc goes.

Should I take this to a general support section or can someone offer a quick fix?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-12, 13:51)rich.h Wrote: Thanks for the replies, I took another look at some problem programs and checked out the audio for them. It seems that anything that is either DTS, AC3 or any other 5.1 source will cause stuttering. Any normal stereo 1/1 source works just fine.

This happens even if I try to play by browsing my video library from the xbmc main window, so it's not an issue with pseudotv afterall, not sure if I should take this issue to the standard support forum or not?

Everything works just fine using any player from my standard windows environment, I only get issues with xbmc. My system specs are as follows:

Asus asus p8z77-v deluxe
Intel core I5 3750k
HIS hd4850 1gb
16gb ram
Logitech z5500 speakers connected via spdif optical
win 7 on a 64gb ssd
other software on a 256gb ssd
all media on WD 2tb drives

The speakers are a new addition and I think the time this issue began fits perfectly with the speakers. I tried fiddling with the audio settings in xbmc and is my audio output is analog then things play just fine (obviously with no sound as i dont have analog connections running), if I use either optical or hdmi then instantly things stutter on any 5.1 source. I can't believe this is a system issue as I can happily open wmp etc and play anything with no problems and my systems barely notices as far as cpu use etc goes.

Should I take this to a general support section or can someone offer a quick fix?

I offered a quick fix in my last post!

Try going into your system/audio settings, enable any of the supported audio formats your speakers handle... Do not enable output to all speakers...

Next time video is choppy, hit 'm' on your keyboard, change to source to dts/ac3 or whatever stops the choppy video, then click set as default on the bottom of the screen.

If this doesn't fix it, move to another support group...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-12, 13:51)rich.h Wrote: My system specs are as follows:

Asus asus p8z77-v deluxe
This is unrelated to your issue, just some advice about your setup.

I have an asus mobo with optical output, it is horribly insufficient. Basically windows can only output stereo through your optical cable unless a program specifically takes control of the audio output and uses spdif passthrough, which prevents audio from any other program playing at the same time. And if you want to use it for games you are stuck with just stereo because the mobo wont encode it to 5.1 optical on the fly. If you have a surround sound unit that has multiple channel analog input (for the 6 or so analog outputs on the mobo) you should use that instead, it will give you a much much better experience.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-12, 19:54)spanktastic2120 Wrote:

Asus asus p8z77-v deluxe

I have an asus mobo with optical output, it is horribly insufficient. Basically windows can only output stereo through your optical cable unless a program specifically takes control of the audio output and uses spdif passthrough, which prevents audio from any other program playing at the same time. And if you want to use it for games you are stuck with just stereo because the mobo wont encode it to 5.1 optical on the fly. If you have a surround sound unit that has multiple channel analog input (for the 6 or so analog outputs on the mobo) you should use that instead, it will give you a much much better experience.

Sometimes windows won't handle anything other then stereo by default... first you need to configure speakers and select 5.1 or 7.1 even if you don't have those actual speaker configurations... then Windows will allow DTS/AC3 when you enter properties....

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-12, 21:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 19:54)spanktastic2120 Wrote:

Asus asus p8z77-v deluxe

Sometimes windows won't handle anything other then stereo by default... first you need to configure speakers and select 5.1 or 7.1 even if you don't have those actual speaker configurations... then Windows will allow DTA/AC3 when you enter properties....

the "configure" button is greyed out for spdif, trust me i went through everything to get the best sound and the only solution is to spend a few hundred bucks on an audio card that will encode to 5.1 or 7.1 dolby whatever on the fly. its a hardware thing that no one wants to support because it requires licensing, and there was no way to do it via software with windows. so windows will use the optical output but it will transmit analog 2 channel sound through it.
see this for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Digital#Dolby_Digital_Live

(2013-10-12, 21:26)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 21:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 19:54)spanktastic2120 Wrote: This is unrelated to your issue, just some advice about your setup.

Sometimes windows won't handle anything other then stereo by default... first you need to configure speakers and select 5.1 or 7.1 even if you don't have those actual speaker configurations... then Windows will allow DTA/AC3 when you enter properties....

the "configure" button is greyed out for spdif, trust me i went through everything to get the best sound and the only solution is to spend a few hundred bucks on an audio card that will encode to 5.1 or 7.1 dolby whatever on the fly. its a hardware thing that no one wants to support because it requires licensing, and there was no way to do it via software with windows. so windows will use the optical output but it will transmit analog 2 channel sound through it.
see this for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Digital#Dolby_Digital_Live

LOL, Okay... Before I upgraded my Video card, I was running ASUS MB with built in HDMI/SPDIF... but it was a pain...
Bought a cheap Nvidia card GT520 for 20bucks... now I have perfect HDMI output and better video processing Smile

(2013-10-12, 22:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 21:26)spanktastic2120 Wrote: the "configure" button is greyed out for spdif, trust me i went through everything to get the best sound and the only solution is to spend a few hundred bucks on an audio card that will encode to 5.1 or 7.1 dolby whatever on the fly. its a hardware thing that no one wants to support because it requires licensing, and there was no way to do it via software with windows. so windows will use the optical output but it will transmit analog 2 channel sound through it.

LOL, Okay... Before I upgraded my Video card, I was running ASUS MB with built in HDMI/SPDIF... but it was a pain...
Bought a cheap Nvidia card GT520 for 20bucks... now I have perfect HDMI output and better video processing Smile

i never tried hdmi out because my receiver only took optical or analog input, but im sure its much better/easier because its new and improved.

RE: - mikexmayhem - 2013-10-13

quick topic change Smile
so ive been working with pseudotv for a while now. been collecting my database and adding channels in a realistic channel lineup. the only thing left which i used to see and no longer do, my channel numbers in green in the top left, and the channel logos do not appear anymore. i do have a non-default path to the images/logos if that makes a difference. but i cant change it back to default. unless im allowed to type the path out because xbmc doesnt recognize hidden folders from what i can tell. anyways, any help in getting my logos and channel numbers back?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-13

(2013-10-13, 02:26)mikexmayhem Wrote: quick topic change Smile
so ive been working with pseudotv for a while now. been collecting my database and adding channels in a realistic channel lineup. the only thing left which i used to see and no longer do, my channel numbers in green in the top left, and the channel logos do not appear anymore. i do have a non-default path to the images/logos if that makes a difference. but i cant change it back to default. unless im allowed to type the path out because xbmc doesnt recognize hidden folders from what i can tell. anyways, any help in getting my logos and channel numbers back?

Are you sure that they are named properly and you have them enabled in PTV's settings?
If you want to change the path but cant enter it through xbmc you can just edit your settings.xml file found in userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-10-13

I copied them from the default folder into a different folder. So they are all named the same. Then changed the path in the xml file and still nothing

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-13

(2013-10-13, 15:52)mikexmayhem Wrote: I copied them from the default folder into a different folder. So they are all named the same. Then changed the path in the xml file and still nothing

But do their names match the names of your channels?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-10-14

okay so this thread is god-awfully large. anyways i read through about 20 pages of info pertaining to my issue just in this thread. and my issue is, the EPG shows infinitely long episodes.

some ground info:
running latest frodo build. 12.2 i think
running the "older ptv version" which shows as 2.1.0 i believe. i have also edited my channellist.py with one that was posted a while back as a theoretical fix to the issue.
running htpc on windows 8

so far i have tried:
using the "older ptv version"
the channel list py modification
going through and updating all of my shows plot to under 500 characters
i have yet to update each episode as i have thousands. locally stored on my drive
if there were a batch i could run or something to truncate the summaries of each to below 500 characters that would be sweet!
i have also checked ember media manager's settings to set the runtime tag to minutes and rescraped everything.
xbmc shows XX minutes in episode info so the runtime seems correct.

and yet, ptv still shows long episode runtimes
has this been solved yet?
or am i missing something?

any help would be great

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-14

(2013-10-14, 05:15)mikexmayhem Wrote: okay so this thread is god-awfully large. anyways i read through about 20 pages of info pertaining to my issue just in this thread. and my issue is, the EPG shows infinitely long episodes.

some ground info:
running latest frodo build. 12.2 i think
running the "older ptv version" which shows as 2.1.0 i believe. i have also edited my channellist.py with one that was posted a while back as a theoretical fix to the issue.
running htpc on windows 8

so far i have tried:
using the "older ptv version"
the channel list py modification
going through and updating all of my shows plot to under 500 characters
i have yet to update each episode as i have thousands. locally stored on my drive
if there were a batch i could run or something to truncate the summaries of each to below 500 characters that would be sweet!
i have also checked ember media manager's settings to set the runtime tag to minutes and rescraped everything.
xbmc shows XX minutes in episode info so the runtime seems correct.

and yet, ptv still shows long episode runtimes
has this been solved yet?
or am i missing something?

any help would be great

you should be using the stable-pre version, the release version shouldnt even work on frodo.
are you resetting the channels every time you make a change?
my money is on the runtime tag being in seconds before and needing to be in minutes

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mikexmayhem - 2013-10-14

It's stable pre yes
I have not reset channels. I'll try that
Runtime tags are all minutes

Channel reset applied all my changes and now works fantastically. Thanks for that little tip!

Now I just need to find a good Xbmc skin lol