Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - right21 - 2013-10-15

I noticed a little problem... The tv schedule shows the length of tv shows but as they are when they are aired with commercials... And all my content is without commercials.
How can I fix this problem? It's really annoying that I open channel 7 for example when supernatural is aired but the episode has already ended after 40 minutes.. (Pseudotv thinks that it's length is 60 minutes..)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - ThorC1138 - 2013-10-15

I absolutely love the PTV addon, but I'm wondering at this point what the status of the script is in regards to keeping it current with XBMC official releases. I don't see a lot of recent posts from Jason, at least not not here in the forums, and Lunatixz with the PTL mod seems to have taken up the banner in regards to support for it, at least in the context of PTL.

PTV has made XBMC my cable killer, and I can't imagine my HTPC system without it, so if core development on it has ended and there will be no more updates, it would be good to know. Lunatixz, do you have any info as to what's going on, or Jason, if you're out there, could you give us an update as to where it stands?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-15

(2013-10-15, 14:43)right21 Wrote: I noticed a little problem... The tv schedule shows the length of tv shows but as they are when they are aired with commercials... And all my content is without commercials.
How can I fix this problem? It's really annoying that I open channel 7 for example when supernatural is aired but the episode has already ended after 40 minutes.. (Pseudotv thinks that it's length is 60 minutes..)

The length of the show in the EPG is whatever you have in your <runtime> tag for that episode. So if you scraped all your episodes then your problem is with the scraper, if youre using nfo files then you need to change that tag to reflect the length of the actual episode.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mrlex - 2013-10-16

Can someone link to the best and most upto date version of this?
I tried downloading "The Latest Development Version" from the OP
And from the link at the bottom right here (download zip) https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV

Both install ok but then when I try and load the add on nothing happens

Thanks in advance

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-10-16

(2013-10-16, 00:16)mrlex Wrote: Can someone link to the best and most upto date version of this?
And from the link at the bottom right here (download zip) https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV

Thanks in advance

The latest development version is the latest version. What version of xbmc are you running?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mrlex - 2013-10-16

(2013-10-16, 00:38)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-10-16, 00:16)mrlex Wrote: Can someone link to the best and most upto date version of this?

Thanks in advance

The latest development version is the latest version. What version of xbmc are you running?

Thanks for your help
I think I figured out the issue.
Once installed I needed to reboot XBMC and it started working fine

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - AMediaConsumer - 2013-10-17

I'm wondering is there any way to make bumpers-commercials play after a certain number of chapters rather than by the entire length of film-episode?

Example, watching an anime and it has 7 chapters the first being cold open, the second OP theme, the third act one, and so on... any way to make bumpers play after chapter one, etc? (MKV files)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2013-10-18

(2013-10-17, 22:48)AMediaConsumer Wrote: I'm wondering is there any way to make bumpers-commercials play after a certain number of chapters rather than by the entire length of film-episode?

Example, watching an anime and it has 7 chapters the first being cold open, the second OP theme, the third act one, and so on... any way to make bumpers play after chapter one, etc? (MKV files)

Don't think there is a way to get a video to play while another is still playing. The only way would be to split your anime episodes into each chapter as separate videos.

Mark

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Randall Lind - 2013-10-20

My laptop died and I got a new one and got everything set up using PseudoTV 2.1.0 however on my Single TV shows channels like House, Dexter etc it just plays the same episode over and over. All other channels are working fine. Any ideas? (XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre.zip)

UPDATE:

Seem to be happening on all TV channels the TV guide will not go to next show however if I press I for infor it cycles through all shows etc but the guide is stuck on just the one show and will not let me watch anything else. Not a skin issue as I tried Aeon Nox and Confluence same issue.

Movie channels are fine btw.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - kiwusek - 2013-10-20

I have been having a problem with the plug-in, it constantly gives me the error that it is unable to populate the default channels, and that I should check if my media has been properly scraped. I am running XBMC Frodo (the xbmcbuntu variant) and it has worked before, but now it mysteriously refuses to work. I have tried a number of things such as clearing the userdata folder for PTV, without any luck. Now the odd thing that I find with this is that it seems to not be able to read the scraped media metadata, which I know works perfectly as all the info is present when browsing TV Shows or Movies, or whenever I check when the next episode is going to be aired (that add-on is able to detect the metadata). But for some reason PTV cannot load the metadata, I tested this by creating two channels each for a specific show. The first I set the channel configuration to look for Adventure Time! and create a channel, the other was set to load Futurama's directory. Only the Futurama channel worked, and even then the information would be the file name rather than the metadata.

Now, I do have my media spread on two harddrives, but they work without a hitch on any other metadata requiring add-on except for PTV. I would really like some help, it's really the last piece of my XBMC to make it complete. I have browsed through the thread on any suggestions, but I haven't been able to find one that works, I am also using the latest development release of PTV.

Thank you in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Randall Lind - 2013-10-21

TV guide is messed up not sure if it is because of frodo 12.2

TV Guide

Movie 1 | Movie 2 | Movie 3

TVSHOW ---> doesn't show other shows

however if you watch a show it will change when done but the PseudoTV guide will not allow me to go to another TV show as it is stuck on the same one. I am not sure if this is due to frodo 12.2 or not. However doesn't seem to be a skin issue as it happens in all skins I tired.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - stokd - 2013-10-23

(2012-11-17, 02:13)-89- Wrote: Now I'm on Frodo and PseudoTV works fine....except ZERO of my TV Network channels will work that I set up in PseudoTV Network Manager. When I try to put them into XBMC manually, when I select TV Network, all of my options to pick a network are blank.

The genre's are blank too, but I can at least set those up from the Network Manager application.

It's frustrating I've spent hours planning out my system, getting all of the content in order....but then I can't get these networks to work. If I could just get TV Networks to work, I could have my entire setup good to go.
I'm experiencing a similar issue with PseudoTV 2.1.0 and XBMC 12.1. My genres and Networks are coming up empty when I try to add them using the Channel Configuration. I tried this in the PseudoTV Manager, and it appeared to set up fine, but the Networks channels do not show up inside XBMC. Is there a fix to this?

Edit: (In case it helps anyone else) Issue was I was using release version instead of stable-pre https://github.com/Jasonra/XBMC-PseudoTV/tree/stable-pre

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Randall Lind - 2013-10-24

does anyone know how to fix the TV guide? The only TV channel that works right in the guide allowing me to scroll through show is Milkman Turner channel and I have no idea why. It worked great on my old system before it died. Or did Jason change something?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - clennys - 2013-11-01

Has anyone ever experienced certain episodes in the tv listing that are seemingly endless in length? They are always the same episodes and for some reason PseudoTV thinks its like 12 hours long when it's actually only an hour in length.

Thanks for any help.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-01

(2013-11-01, 03:28)clennys Wrote: Has anyone ever experienced certain episodes in the tv listing that are seemingly endless in length? They are always the same episodes and for some reason PseudoTV thinks its like 12 hours long when it's actually only an hour in length.

Thanks for any help.

im betting you used ember media manager and it made an nfo file with a <runtime> tag and that value is in seconds instead of minutes, it needs to be in minutes. PTV uses the <runtime> tag to figure out how long things should be in the guide.