Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-12

(2013-11-12, 09:02)xxkodemanxx Wrote: Alright so I have been trying to fix my PseudoTV ever since I relocated my media to a synology. I have the NFS enabled correctly and all the media works just fine on XBMC outside of PSTV.

My problem occurs when trying to load the channels. It will go blank (black) and I will be forced to alt tab and quit the whole program.
I have tried all the FAQ and common fixes with no avail.

here is a link to a snap of the log with the error:
http://i.imgur.com/kq0j8R2.jpg

I am using Frodo 12.2 and have tried the latest pre-stable pseudotv AND the developer.. I also have a similar problem when I try to use PseudoTVLive

I have a feeling its due to possibly a file error but I cant make sense of the log.
Before I relocated my media everything was working great.

any help would be nice

Does that episode of house (s06e06) play on xbmc without issue? If you can seek through it and watch the whole thing then its fine, but the error from PTV is when it tries to read the header to determine the length.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xxkodemanxx - 2013-11-12

(2013-11-12, 09:27)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-11-12, 09:02)xxkodemanxx Wrote: Alright so I have been trying to fix my PseudoTV ever since I relocated my media to a synology. I have the NFS enabled correctly and all the media works just fine on XBMC outside of PSTV.

My problem occurs when trying to load the channels. It will go blank (black) and I will be forced to alt tab and quit the whole program.
I have tried all the FAQ and common fixes with no avail.

here is a link to a snap of the log with the error:
http://i.imgur.com/kq0j8R2.jpg

I am using Frodo 12.2 and have tried the latest pre-stable pseudotv AND the developer.. I also have a similar problem when I try to use PseudoTVLive

I have a feeling its due to possibly a file error but I cant make sense of the log.
Before I relocated my media everything was working great.

any help would be nice

Does that episode of house (s06e06) play on xbmc without issue? If you can seek through it and watch the whole thing then its fine, but the error from PTV is when it tries to read the header to determine the length.

I just watched s06e06 and it worked fine.
this media is all the same as it was when it was working perfectly before I moved it all into a synology.

its something with some of the tv files.. when I have only movies PSTV loads up just fine..
I guess I dont understand why some episodes in the middle of some TV shows dont load properly anymore when they did previously...
i'd hate to have to go through and nit-pick each back episode or show...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - seth.feinberg - 2013-11-12

@xkodemanxx , that is really interesting. I haven't tried just movies, because, obviously, I'm much more interested in using TV shows with PseudoTV but I experience the same issue of loading channels going "blank (black)". Although, I am able to hit "S" and then use the shutdown menu to close XBMC. You can see a few debug logs in my post 4 above this.

Also interesting is that I too am housing the media and running MySQL on a Synology NAS! The reason I'm so late to troubleshoot my PseudoTV issues is that I was having very weird issues since updating to Frodo that took months to finally solve (and ended up being related to the Synology). I finally traced a few oddities back to issues accessing the database, XBMC would "freeze" from 30 secs to a couple minutes whenever I would update my library. I fixed this issue using the instructions in this post. Apparently the issue was that the MySQL installation included in the Synology UI was an older version and MySQL has since changed the default DB engine. I figured solving that problem would inherently solve the PseudoTV problem, but clearly that doesn't seem to be the case as I'm still experiencing the same issues you describe. Us both using Synology NAS's seems to be too much of a coincidence.

Some further color of what I've tried: at one point I opened Channel Configuration and removed all but one channel and was able to get that to load. After adding the second one, which has a lot of children's shows, the channel load failed. And sometimes clicking on PseudoTV or Channel Configuration will make the sound like I've selected it, but nothing will happen. On one such occasion, I moved on and started watching TV shows, 3 shows in (so like an hour later) the Channel Configuration opened over the episode I was watching. That log (non debug) in in the same post 4 up from here...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-12

Well the error happens in fileaccess.py when it tries to read the file, and its an unknown error so that doesnt help much. From the log it looks like it doesnt even timeout, it goes to read it and immediately there is an error. So my guess would be that either

1) the synology NAS has some weird implementation of NAS that is non-standard and gives results that the script was not expecting
or
2) the script just doesnt do NAS well or at all

i would recommend you guys looking at this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=1353322#pid1353322
and these posts: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=1261762#pid1261762 (use the green arrows on the quotes to go back through the conversation)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=1398794#pid1398794

It looks like its some kind of combination of mkv files and NAS paths.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - seth.feinberg - 2013-11-12

@spanktastic2120 Thanks for the threads, I'll start to read through. But here:
(2013-11-12, 22:12)spanktastic2120 Wrote: 1) the synology NAS has some weird implementation of NAS that is non-standard and gives results that the script was not expecting
or

Did you mean MySQL in the two references of NAS i bolded? If so, that would make sense, and perhaps it is something besides the new innodb db engine that this older version of MySQL is lacking that is causing issues.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xxkodemanxx - 2013-11-12

(2013-11-12, 22:50)seth.feinberg Wrote: @spanktastic2120 Thanks for the threads, I'll start to read through. But here:
(2013-11-12, 22:12)spanktastic2120 Wrote: 1) the synology NAS has some weird implementation of NAS that is non-standard and gives results that the script was not expecting
or

Did you mean MySQL in the two references of NAS i bolded? If so, that would make sense, and perhaps it is something besides the new innodb db engine that this older version of MySQL is lacking that is causing issues.

if you find anything that seems to resolve the issue please let me know! I'll be looking around as well

(2013-11-12, 22:50)seth.feinberg Wrote: @spanktastic2120 Thanks for the threads, I'll start to read through. But here:
or

No i meant NAS, its not a MySQL issue. It is finding the file fine, just not reading it. If it were a MySQL issue then it would not be able to get info from the database like the path to the file or the title or anything else, but it does that without a problem. What happens is it tries to open the beginning of the mkv file and encounters an error, and in those posts i linked it looks like the issue is just mkv + NAS = error on PTV.

I use MySQL as well but i dont use NAS, i have another machine running XP that acts as a living room TV and file/MySQL server for all the computers in the house and all file paths are SMB.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xxkodemanxx - 2013-11-13

and sure enough when I go look at those House episodes they are mkv's.

Seems it is indeed an issue with having a NAS for media and the MKV files not properly be scanned/checked going to PTV

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-13

(2013-11-13, 00:10)xxkodemanxx Wrote: and sure enough when I go look at those House episodes they are mkv's.

Seems it is indeed an issue with having a NAS for media and the MKV files not properly be scanned/checked going to PTV

If you look through the posts i linked there is a solution.

If you are on windows youll be doing the same thing but by a different method. Whereas on unix you mount the NFS folder as something else using the terminal, on windows you just click "map network drive" from the "my computer" window and mount it that way.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - xxkodemanxx - 2013-11-13

(2013-11-13, 01:36)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-11-13, 00:10)xxkodemanxx Wrote: and sure enough when I go look at those House episodes they are mkv's.

If you are on windows youll be doing the same thing but by a different method. Whereas on unix you mount the NFS folder as something else using the terminal, on windows you just click "map network drive" from the "my computer" window and mount it that way.

You're right. I found the solution posted and it worked!

For anyone who needs to know it's from this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=1398852#pid1398852
you need to replace the VideoParser.py with the old one.

now my mkv's load through the NFS properly

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - seth.feinberg - 2013-11-13

(2013-11-12, 23:19)spanktastic2120 Wrote: No i meant NAS, its not a MySQL issue. It is finding the file fine, just not reading it. If it were a MySQL issue then it would not be able to get info from the database like the path to the file or the title or anything else, but it does that without a problem. What happens is it tries to open the beginning of the mkv file and encounters an error, and in those posts i linked it looks like the issue is just mkv + NAS = error on PTV.

Ahhh, thanks for the clarification and sorry for the confusion.

(2013-11-13, 00:10)xxkodemanxx Wrote: If you are on windows youll be doing the same thing but by a different method. Whereas on unix you mount the NFS folder as something else using the terminal, on windows you just click "map network drive" from the "my computer" window and mount it that way.

I tried to mount in Windows7 with NFS previously, when I built my new PC and started using W7 Ultimate, but found the performance to be poor (though probably some kind of set up/permissions issue) and that the local SMB was just much faster. This is very much the opposite of viewing files in XBMC. So, in any event, I'd like to avoid having to remount locally if possible (since I'm pretty sure that would mean I'd have to reload the db and may other small headaches)...

Is the fix you are suggesting to map the NFS share locally or replace this VideoParser.py with the old one? It seemed that maybe that latter part was fixed from Jason's post a few further down from that link?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-11-13

(2013-11-13, 03:10)xxkodemanxx Wrote:
(2013-11-13, 01:36)spanktastic2120 Wrote:

You're right. I found the solution posted and it worked!

For anyone who needs to know it's from this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&pid=1398852#pid1398852
you need to replace the VideoParser.py with the old one.

now my mkv's load through the NFS properly

I would really like to fix this problem without the need for user to install a three year old file... which btw bypasses the new method for handling samba shares.

Can you provide me with a link to a full debug log when your nfs shares don't work...

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-11-13

(2013-11-13, 20:51)seth.feinberg Wrote: Is the fix you are suggesting to map the NFS share locally or replace this VideoParser.py with the old one? It seemed that maybe that latter part was fixed from Jason's post a few further down from that link?

I was suggesting the mounting fix, but if replacing the py file works for you then do that. I dont have a NAS so i dont have any experience with the issue, just trying to be helpful.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - seth.feinberg - 2013-11-14

(2013-11-13, 22:29)Lunatixz Wrote: I would really like to fix this problem without the need for user to install a three year old file... which btw bypasses the new method for handling samba shares.

Can you provide me with a link to a full debug log when your nfs shares don't work...

Thanks

I realize you weren't explicitly talking to me, but this is my full debug log: pastebin.com/9Zq6KKFJ I have files shared through NFS on a Synology NAS also running a MySQL db. Often clicking on PseudoTV will open the dialog that its loading video files but at some point that dialog will disappear and i'll be left with a Black Screen indefinitely. Clicking navigation buttons and "OK" will make the appropriate sounds in XBMC but nothing will happen. Hitting "S" though, will bring up a Shutdown menu and I can usually successfully shut down XBMC this way.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2013-11-15

(2013-11-14, 20:11)seth.feinberg Wrote:
(2013-11-13, 22:29)Lunatixz Wrote: I would really like to fix this problem without the need for user to install a three year old file... which btw bypasses the new method for handling samba shares.

Thanks

I realize you weren't explicitly talking to me, but this is my full debug log: pastebin.com/9Zq6KKFJ I have files shared through NFS on a Synology NAS also running a MySQL db. Often clicking on PseudoTV will open the dialog that its loading video files but at some point that dialog will disappear and i'll be left with a Black Screen indefinitely. Clicking navigation buttons and "OK" will make the appropriate sounds in XBMC but nothing will happen. Hitting "S" though, will bring up a Shutdown menu and I can usually successfully shut down XBMC this way.

Thanks...
I reviewed the old video parser script and don't see any problems using it (except for a few new file types; .mov, .ts that were left out).
Below is an updated videoparser.py that is current with jasons build, and should fix users nfs problems...
https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseudotv.live/raw/master/resources/lib/VideoParser.py