Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - tommymsw - 2013-12-11

So, I am using this on Gotham and it didn't work until I added my C drive as a video source (as the fix explained). This fix worked EVERY night for a long time and then suddenly a few days ago, it stopped working. My channels are once again disappearing. Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - NorNor - 2013-12-11

I just want to say that this is a FANTASTIC add-on Smile Bravo, really.

I have figured most things out myself I do believe, however I am having a little trouble with Channel Sharing.

These are my current settings. I have them exactly the same on both computers, however the channel lists are still different.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Nornor

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - skippr - 2013-12-11

is anyone running pseudotv on apple tv 2 with frodo, successfully?

i cannot even get version 2.1.0 to start, it says the script failed...

and i would love to use this addon! time to abort the dream?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - aptalca - 2013-12-16

(2013-12-11, 10:48)NorNor Wrote: I just want to say that this is a FANTASTIC add-on Smile Bravo, really.

I have figured most things out myself I do believe, however I am having a little trouble with Channel Sharing.

These are my current settings. I have them exactly the same on both computers, however the channel lists are still different.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Nornor

Shared channels folder has to point to the same folder on both machines. If they are pointing to different folders, they are not reading the same settings and channels, therefore the channels will be different.

Set it to a folder shared on the network that is accessible by both machines

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - baken1925 - 2013-12-23

I have done this as well, numerous times and cannot get it to share correctly either.

I point both machines to the same shared folder on my network.

WHen I create my own channels on machine #1, they do not show up on machine #2

Am I suppose to have something in this shared folder for each machine to use or is it just suppose to be a blank folder like I have?

Am I suppose to share the same folder on both machines, or just share it from 1 and the other have the share folder option off?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - couch83 - 2013-12-23

I have been using this script for a while and it has been great. I have one problem/issue that i have yet to figure out. I have spent entire days on this and it has to be something simple.

I have a new channel based on smart playlist. I can set playlist to either directory starts with......or by genre. The smart playlist is fine and shows all the programs.

In PTV i open up the channel configurator tool and im able to add the channel based on the playlist or the directory. IT adds fine.

When i run PTV the channel only shows one show from the playlist....over and over and over.

I cant not figure this out. I have removed PTV and reinstalled. I have removed all the cache and let it rebuild. I have tried adding other channels based on other criteria and it works fine. I have checked file permisisons and that looks ok.

I am running Frodo with PTV 2.1

THat said my xbmc.log shows this:

WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
22:44:33 T:15248 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
22:44:33 T:15248 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
22:44:33 T:15812 ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel 31
22:44:34 T:15248 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre
22:44:34 T:14296 ERROR: script.pseudotv-Active Thread: MainThread
22:44:34 T:15248 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-PseudoTV-stable-pre
22:51:22 T:16032 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
22:51:22 T:16032 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
22:51:25 T:13416 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.

Channel 31 is the one im dealing with so i believe this to be the problem...although i dont know what it means.

I have never had a problem adding a smartplaylist in the past. Its just this one. I have deleted the playlist and recreated it and still i get the same thing. A channel that will only play 1 show over and over.

Any ideas to point me in the right direction?

Thx

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - spanktastic2120 - 2013-12-23

(2013-12-23, 17:00)couch83 Wrote: I have been using this script for a while and it has been great. I have one problem/issue that i have yet to figure out. I have spent entire days on this and it has to be something simple.

I have a new channel based on smart playlist. I can set playlist to either directory starts with......or by genre. The smart playlist is fine and shows all the programs.

In PTV i open up the channel configurator tool and im able to add the channel based on the playlist or the directory. IT adds fine.

When i run PTV the channel only shows one show from the playlist....over and over and over.

I cant not figure this out. I have removed PTV and reinstalled. I have removed all the cache and let it rebuild. I have tried adding other channels based on other criteria and it works fine. I have checked file permisisons and that looks ok.

I am running Frodo with PTV 2.1

THat said my xbmc.log shows this:

WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
22:44:33 T:15248 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
22:44:33 T:15248 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
22:44:33 T:15812 ERROR: script.pseudotv-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel 31
22:44:34 T:14296 ERROR: script.pseudotv-Active Thread: MainThread
22:51:22 T:16032 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
22:51:22 T:16032 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
22:51:25 T:13416 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.

Channel 31 is the one im dealing with so i believe this to be the problem...although i dont know what it means.

I have never had a problem adding a smartplaylist in the past. Its just this one. I have deleted the playlist and recreated it and still i get the same thing. A channel that will only play 1 show over and over.

Any ideas to point me in the right direction?

Thx

Theres no runtime information in the files for the channel. Look through the thread for solutions.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - couch83 - 2013-12-23

Hmm...interestingly enough...the runtime tag in the NFO of the file that does play on the channel is not populated...yet it works.

Line for line the NFOs are exactly the same....meaning the items in them and the same number of lines with the same tags.

Still searching the thread to see if i have misunderstood the reply.

Finally got around to messing with the <runtime>. I put in a time in seconds into my nfo and re scanned but still nothing. I don't get it. Doesn't make a bit of sense.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - couch83 - 2013-12-25

still getting no where. Ive removed the source directories from xbmc...cleaned the db and re-added them. Still nothing. The 1 show that does show up on the channel over and over doesnt have any runtime in the nfo file....nor do all my other channels that are working.

Any other ideas? I has to be something simple that i have overlooked.

Update: Well....i opened one of my nfos and put 400 inbetween in for my runtime. I recanned for content but nothing.
Figured out that you must go into the folder.....right click the file specifically and choose information. When it brings up that screen you have to click on refresh.....
IT then prompts you that the file has a local file and asks if you want to over write it with internet content. Say no. I then and only then re-reads the nfo file with the new runtime of 400 in it.

Now i have 2 shows that play. The original one that worked with no runtime tags...and now this one which is like 4 hours long on the epg.

the stranger thing yet is that if you right click the file or the folder where the file lives and look "movie information" it shows you RUNTIME right there. IT is popluated at 43 minutes for instance. If it knows what it is already why cant it read it?

so now my questions are as follows:

1. why do all my local nfo files work with no runtime tags but the few i have for this channel?
2. All of my files show a durationinseconds tag. Apparently that isn't the same thing?
3. How do i get my runtime tags populated properly if that is what needs to be done here for some reason?
4. How can i rescan my files aside from doing them 1 at a time by going into each folder right clicking the video, ....info....and then refreshing manually for each?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - tommymsw - 2013-12-27

Ant news on a Gotham version? Like a Beta or anything? I had to get rid of the "add C: directory" as a solution because it screws up my shared library. But i LOVE this addon!

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - jiggsaw - 2013-12-30

So is anyone going to answer the media stubs question? How can we prevent stub files from being added to pseudotv?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - couch83 - 2013-12-31

If you wanted to add in commercials would those commercials need to be scrapped or have an NFO file? I mean you cant really just setup a directory channel and point to a directory with all the commercials correct? they would need to be in the DB......aka have an nfo so they would get picked up?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Jyujinkai - 2013-12-31

I can not seam to turn off subtitles when using Pseudo TV.

I'm using 2.1

Evey time it opens a file that has subs it displays them... I have done the video audio menu thing and saved as default no subtitles.. and it works on all the videos played though the normal way.. it is only when played though PseudoTV that they show.

I'm using a GamePad to control XBMC.

Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - hick - 2014-01-02

Does this plugin mark shows/movies as watched in my library?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - mwkurt - 2014-01-02

(2013-12-31, 01:25)couch83 Wrote: If you wanted to add in commercials would those commercials need to be scrapped or have an NFO file? I mean you cant really just setup a directory channel and point to a directory with all the commercials correct? they would need to be in the DB......aka have an nfo so they would get picked up?

You can use the "Directory" option for channels. No need for NFO files. Work also with bumpers for channels. Give it a try.

Mark

(2014-01-02, 05:14)hick Wrote: Does this plugin mark shows/movies as watched in my library?

Yes.

Mark