Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - couch83 - 2014-01-02

Thanks mwkurt. I have never been able to get the directory option to work. Ive added my bumpers and comercials directory as a source. I browse out and select my directory but the channel never populates. I always just figured if the items are not scrapable and they or they didn't have an nfo then they wouldnt be in my library and was why the channel wasn't populating.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - DJ... - 2014-01-03

(2013-12-27, 02:38)tommymsw Wrote: Ant news on a Gotham version? Like a Beta or anything? I had to get rid of the "add C: directory" as a solution because it screws up my shared library. But i LOVE this addon!

Would also love to know. I cannot get PTV to work at all on Gotham - just get "unable to populate channels" error each time, using the pre-stable version. Would love to get this working properly on Gotham as I've now standardised my media systems on it...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - tommymsw - 2014-01-03

(2014-01-03, 00:28)DJ... Wrote:
(2013-12-27, 02:38)tommymsw Wrote: Ant news on a Gotham version? Like a Beta or anything? I had to get rid of the "add C: directory" as a solution because it screws up my shared library. But i LOVE this addon!

Would also love to know. I cannot get PTV to work at all on Gotham - just get "unable to populate channels" error each time, using the pre-stable version. Would love to get this working properly on Gotham as I've now standardised my media systems on it...

If you add your main drive (the drive with xbmc on it) as a "source" in XBMC and just say "none" for content and "ignore" for library updates, PTV will work. It just started messing up my shared database because you need all the systems to have SMB paths and not direct paths.(I think anyway)

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - DJ... - 2014-01-08

(2014-01-03, 09:00)tommymsw Wrote:

If you add your main drive (the drive with xbmc on it) as a "source" in XBMC and just say "none" for content and "ignore" for library updates, PTV will work. It just started messing up my shared database because you need all the systems to have SMB paths and not direct paths.(I think anyway)

Thanks for that. It worked the trick. PseudoTV working perfectly now...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - zaz102 - 2014-01-10

I'm currently having trouble adding music videos to PseudoTV. I have tried two different ways, but have been unsuccessful.

First, I generated a smart playlist of Music Videos (MV.xsp) and then I created a Custom Playlist channel and pointed it to the playlist. When I start up PseudoTV, the channel does not show up. However, I do have other types of Custom Playlist channels (Episodes & Movies) that work fine. Also, I made sure that MV.xsp playlist works as well. I am presuming that PseudoTV does not work with Music Video playlists.

Secondly, I wanted to try creating a Directory channel. However, I think something is wrong with my directory option since instead of the option reading Directory, it reads "None" (If I press down from the None option), but has a Directory: field. When I click on the Directory field, it brings up my playlists just as the Custom Playlist would. I'm thinking it may have to do with script.psedotv.ChannelConfig which I modified. I modified it because originally the configuration was off the screen which I think is due to my skin (Transparency!). I found a replacement file (http://code.google.com/p/transparency-xbmc/source/browse/trunk/720p/script.pseudotv.ChannelConfig.xml?spec=svn1305&r=1305) and everything has been working great so far except for the Directory channel option.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. FYI, I'm running PseudoTV 2.1.0 on XBMC Frodo 12.3. Thank you.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - lzep - 2014-01-10

(2013-01-26, 09:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 06:03)RockDawg Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 09:41)ARYEZ Wrote: I recently moved over to Frodo and I've noticed something strange with PseudoTV. On both the TV overlay and the EPG, the last few letters of the episode info always gets cut off. Has any one noticed this? I should probably mention that I have reproduced this on both Confluence and Aeon Nox 4, so I am certain the problem is being caused by something in PseudoTV's code. Here's an example of the last letters in the episode description getting cut off in each view.

Tv overlay:
Image[/img]

EPG:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I get this too on every show I've checked. It isn;t just Aeon Nox, it happens in Confluence too. Thanks for bringing this up as I forgot all about it and meant to mention it here in hopes of a fix.

I believe this only happens to content that doesn't have a clear duration (length)
tho I could be wrong Angel

Was there a resolution to this?

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - OhhBradd - 2014-01-11

Hi all, first post on the forum.

I was wondering if anyone out there knew of some better skins/EPGs for PseudoTV or could detail how I could go about skinning it. I hate the default EPG and the EPGs for the separate XBMC skins really suck. I'm hoping for something more similar to Comcast or Dish Network's EPG. Looks something like this:

or this:

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - RockDawg - 2014-01-11

(2014-01-10, 23:11)lzep Wrote:
(2013-01-26, 09:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 06:03)RockDawg Wrote: Yes, I get this too on every show I've checked. It isn;t just Aeon Nox, it happens in Confluence too. Thanks for bringing this up as I forgot all about it and meant to mention it here in hopes of a fix.

I believe this only happens to content that doesn't have a clear duration (length)
tho I could be wrong Angel

Was there a resolution to this?

In all cases I know of Lunatixz was correct. It is because of an incorrect duration for the video file(s) in XBMC's database. Once corrected PTV will display them correctly.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2014-01-11

Hate to correct myself, but ARYEZ explained his problem in detail to me over PM... So my answer changed. Its a truncation issue. In order to keep the m3u under a character limit PTV truncates text.
I fixed the problem in my fork by creating a "smart" truncation function. So text is cut off softly...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - tommymsw - 2014-01-11

(2014-01-11, 01:47)OhhBradd Wrote: Hi all, first post on the forum.

I was wondering if anyone out there knew of some better skins/EPGs for PseudoTV or could detail how I could go about skinning it. I hate the default EPG and the EPGs for the separate XBMC skins really suck. I'm hoping for something more similar to Comcast or Dish Network's EPG. Looks something like this:

or this:

This tread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157452 Has other skins and people talk and explain about how to make your own or adjust the ones you have. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - User 55003 - 2014-01-12

(2014-01-03, 09:00)tommymsw Wrote:

Just been giving Gotham a run in portable mode and found there is no need to add your main drive (the drive with xbmc on it) as a video source to get PTV to work. Just add it as a source in the file manager, that did the trick for me.Wink
Quick hack until it gets sorted out.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - itskamel - 2014-01-12

ok, sorry if this has been answered, but every where i searched i kept getting this thread. i have pseudotv installed but when i click it i get ERROR psuedo.tv error can anyone tell me what im doing wrong. also i dont see anything in the debug log unless im missing it. im very new to xbmc.

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - robbyyyyyy - 2014-01-13

Small annoyance that keeps happening.
After I select a show and watch it for around 20 minutes, I hit enter to bring up the guide, however pseudotv always goes to channel 8 first then I afterward i can hit enter to bring up the guide.
Also having known that this is a problem if I hit "i" first to display info I can then go to the guide after hitting enter.
Any thoughts on how to fix this or what causes it?

Also im on osx snow leopard running 12.3

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Lunatixz - 2014-01-17

I'm Working on Gotham support for my fork, once finished I'll post a version of Jason's PseudoTV with it, here...

RE: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - bluefalcon561 - 2014-01-19

This is a brilliant addon but one reason why I don't use it is because psuedotv always interferes with all my "in progress" tv shows and movies. So when I go back to the homescreen, I see all these files in the in progress list that only got there through pseudotv channel surfing. Is there anyway I can keep the psuedotv playlist seperate from the rest of xbmc?

Does this make any sense? Sorry, I'm just at a loss, I've been trying to figure out a solution for months.