Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-24

danz0l Wrote:Loving the script, really great idea.

I had channel overlays working (by downloading the channel bug test zip and then updating the overlay xml) but now upgrading to the latest stable pre and the option has gone. Any plans to put it back ? I liked having it there for that on live TV experience.

Jason still needs to merge the code into the pre-stable / master branch.

- danz0l - 2011-02-24

Sranshaft Wrote:Jason still needs to merge the code into the pre-stable / master branch.

Ah thats ok then Smile Thought i'd missed something.

Thanks

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-24

danz0l Wrote:Ah thats ok then Smile Thought i'd missed something.

Thanks

I've uploaded a new version. This includes the Channel bug code merged with the latest pre-stable branch. Download from here.

- danz0l - 2011-02-24

Sranshaft Wrote:I've uploaded a new version. This includes the Channel bug code merged with the latest pre-stable branch. Download from here.

Wow thanks for that Smile Works perfectly. Theres no toggle now to enable or disable, just so you know. It doesnt matter to me of course, i like it defaulted on.

Love this addon.

On the question of logos, can colour logos be used ? NBC for instance ?

- Jason102 - 2011-02-24

I'll include your code changes into the stable-pre branch very soon.

You can use any logo (including color ones). I won't include anything existing (like the NBC logo) due to copyright issues, though.

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-24

danz0l Wrote:Wow thanks for that Smile Works perfectly. Theres no toggle now to enable or disable, just so you know. It doesnt matter to me of course, i like it defaulted on.

Love this addon.

On the question of logos, can colour logos be used ? NBC for instance ?

Strange, there should be a setting in the addon settings window. I'll have a quick look and check to see if I uploaded the wrong version... it's been known to happen when I try to do things at 2 in the morning. Laugh

Sure, color logos can definitely be used, you just need to make yourself a color logo and replace the ones in the resources\images folder. Just be sure to name the logos exactly the same as your channel name.

Example: You have a channel called Animation Station, there should be a Animation Station.png file in the folder.

Edit: Just had a look and the option is definitely there. It's the setting "Show channel logo over playing video".

- zepfan - 2011-02-24

Sranshaft, which skins are you working on? I don't want to do the same ones. I've got a lot of free time right now and was planning on making some more skins.

Anyone have any requests?

- GJones - 2011-02-24

zepfan Wrote:Sranshaft, which skins are you working on? I don't want to do the same ones. I've got a lot of free time right now and was planning on making some more skins.

I hate to be the first to ask, but Night and Aeon Nox would be at the top of my list.

- GJones - 2011-02-24

A few questions for the folks on this thread:

Should we try to find a place for a separate thread for channels? The kit is a great idea and I have added a few additional entries. A good example is sci-fi drive-in fare (old cheesy sci-fi from before 1970). Or grouping long-form shows with cartoons or classic commercials in between.

Has anyone come up with a good way to incorporate trailers or commercials? The only obvious solution would be to treat them as their own TV shows and pull them in that way. They would have to be indexed by NFO.

- zepfan - 2011-02-25

GJones Wrote:I hate to be the first to ask, but Night and Aeon Nox would be at the top of my list.

Can do. Do you like my other aeon one? I might just use that for inspiration. Anything you'd like to see different about it for Nox?

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-25

zepfan Wrote:Sranshaft, which skins are you working on? I don't want to do the same ones. I've got a lot of free time right now and was planning on making some more skins.

I had started on one for Aeon but I noticed you already finished one. If you'd like, you're more than welcome to use the base I created (that's as far as I got)... Don't have anymore time really to work on any more at the moment. Starting to try my hand at creating a full skin from scratch. Mockups are easy but the coding is another pain in the ass all together.

- GJones - 2011-02-25

zepfan Wrote:Can do. Do you like my other aeon one? I might just use that for inspiration. Anything you'd like to see different about it for Nox?

The other Aeon work looks great.

- zepfan - 2011-02-25

Sranshaft Wrote:I had started on one for Aeon but I noticed you already finished one. If you'd like, you're more than welcome to use the base I created (that's as far as I got)... Don't have anymore time really to work on any more at the moment. Starting to try my hand at creating a full skin from scratch. Mockups are easy but the coding is another pain in the ass all together.

Ok sounds good. Sorry I didn't know that, if I had I would have let you do it.
I'll use that as a base for the Nox if you don't mind.

Coding is a pain in the ass. This is a pain for me, as I've never done anything like it before, but I think it's going somewhat well. I was laid off earlier this month, so I've got a lot of free time. So far this has been a lot of fun for me to do, and is keeping me busy!

- GJones - 2011-02-25

I design software for a living. I will be glad to take what I learn from the nox skin to code up night if that would help.

- zepfan - 2011-02-25

GJones Wrote:I design software for a living. I will be glad to take what I learn from the nox skin to code up night if that would help.

I think i've got them under control, but don't let me stop you. Now that I've figured things out, like where fonts are located, what files go where, x/y positions it goes a lot quicker. The first skin took me about 20 hours plus. Aeon took me about 3 with photoshop work.