Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- danz0l - 2011-02-25

Tell you what would be great, an option to stream new apple quicktime trailers inbetween movies on movie channels, a kind of "upcoming" features presentation.

- danz0l - 2011-02-25

Sranshaft Wrote:Edit: Just had a look and the option is definitely there. It's the setting "Show channel logo over playing video".

Def no setting on this one. Although i did just overwrite the directory with yours. I had it enabled on your previous code merge so it works as i want it (likely already set in the XML) so i'm ok Smile

- Zootoxin - 2011-02-25

BUMP! bump

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-25

danz0l Wrote:Def no setting on this one. Although i did just overwrite the directory with yours. I had it enabled on your previous code merge so it works as i want it (likely already set in the XML) so i'm ok Smile

Try downloading it again. I just re-checked the zip file and the setting is definitely in there. It's not really important since it's working for you but it's just to confirm I'm not losing my mind. Laugh

- danz0l - 2011-02-25

Sranshaft Wrote:Try downloading it again. I just re-checked the zip file and the setting is definitely in there. It's not really important since it's working for you but it's just to confirm I'm not loosing my mind. Laugh

LOL no your not loosing your mind Smile I deleted the directory and reuploaded your version and low and behold, there was the option to toggle Smile So overwriting didn't fully succeed i think Smile

Color logo's look amazing in confluence Smile

- mwkurt - 2011-02-25

jtucker1972 Wrote:Things I am still thinking through:

Serial TV Shows - I've added a list of tvshows which are of a serial nature, e.g. 24, lost, fringe, etc. These shows tend to need to be watched in sequence. I'm thinking of creating a get-tvshow-serials playlist to get a list of these so I can exclude them from the get-episodes playlists if so desired. I would have a seperate set of get-episodes playlists for this option.

You can use the get-tvshows-showname-episodes to create a marathon showing of a show like they do on syfy channel from time to time.

jtucker1972,

Have you been able to do anything like this with the serialized tv shows? I reread the whole thread yesterday, but didn't think to look for this until today.

Thanks,
Mark

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-25

Zootoxin Wrote:In ubuntu 10 where would I place these XML files?

Maybe you guys could share some of your working files with us noobs perhaps!

If you're having trouble setting up playlist and just want to give PseudoTV a try, check out the pre-stable branch. Jason, thanks to JTucker, has added an option to create default playlists for TV shows and movies. It'll create 20 channels ranging from action to sci-fi to westerns.

@Jason: Speaking of this, perhaps this feature could be extended to allow the user to choose the amount of channels PseudoTV creates by default. This is until the work being done on managing playlists directly inside PseudoTV is complete of course.

Also, any luck in regards to randomizing movie sets? It's killing me having all the sets bunched up at the beginning of a channel. I've currently got 3 of my 15 channels playing Back to the Future and 3 playing Resident Evil: Afterlife. Laugh

- Jason102 - 2011-02-25

The randomization issue is on my list of things to fix for this release. First I'm trying to resolve the shuffle weirdness.

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-25

mwkurt Wrote:jtucker1972,

Have you been able to do anything like this with the serialized tv shows? I reread the whole thread yesterday, but didn't think to look for this until today.

Thanks,
Mark

Nothing specific. It is a preference thing for most. Let me work on a "sample" one for you. I need to test it.

Sranshaft Wrote:@Jason: Speaking of this, perhaps this feature could be extended to allow the user to choose the amount of channels PseudoTV creates by default. This is until the work being done on managing playlists directly inside PseudoTV is complete of course.

sranshaft, I am actually working on something but letting Jason focus on his to-do list before bugging him. I've got it to where it will read through all the preset channels to determine the number of presets selected. From there i have the sql pseudo coded 90%. Once complete I will create a function to build the sql string to pass to another function to build the file list. This is where it will take some modification of how Jason builds the current playlists and m3u's. Right now it is based solely on the playlist and JSON. It will have to be modified to become more modular to accept a list of files from either the JSON method via playlist or via SQL method via preset. (Edit: Dumb me. I think I figured out how to use JSON to make the SQL calls. Doh!) My goal is to make it so easy my 13 yr old sons can configure which channels they want! Also, I've found having to rename playlists to Channel_x to be a little cumbersome which is why I created the Custom tab so you can just select the playlist you want and know what it is. This is no knock on Jason. Just an ease of use thing I've come by having created and tested so many playlists.

Here are some screenshots. I am currently analyzing my studios to determine which are the best to choose. For now, I included a ton from Wiki site, but will scale it back to make it easier to use. Most smaller studios release under a bigger studio from what I am seeing in my database.

screenshot006 by jtucker1972, on Flickr

screenshot001 by jtucker1972, on Flickr

screenshot002 by jtucker1972, on Flickr

screenshot003 by jtucker1972, on Flickr

screenshot004 by jtucker1972, on Flickr

screenshot005 by jtucker1972, on Flickr

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-25

@JTucker: Looks to be an excellent addition to and already excellent addon. Looking forward to the two branches getting merged. Quick question though, have you had any thoughts on how to manage channel logos with these 'Chinese menu'-type playlists?

jtucker1972 Wrote:Nothing specific. It is a preference thing for most. Let me work on a "sample" one for you. I need to test it.

Here is the easiest way to do it.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>All Comedy Except Chuck - et.al.</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">Comedy</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="isnot">Chuck</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="isnot">NextTVShowYouWantToExclude</rule>
    <limit>50</limit>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

Sranshaft Wrote:@JTucker: Looks to be an excellent addition to and already excellent addon. Looking forward to the two branches getting merged. Quick question though, have you had any thoughts on how to manage channel logos with these 'Chinese menu'-type playlists?

I'm not sure what you mean?

One thought, I think it would be better to let the user point to a directory where the logos are. Default it to the current location, but allow the user to point it to their own channel logo folder. I just hate having to drill down 800 directories in Windows to get to it. It wouldn't take much from a code change perspective, but again, trying not to bug Jason with it right now.

You would still use the Channel Name as the logo image name so nothing would change there.

Am I missing something?

- zepfan - 2011-02-26

Here's the Night SVN skin.

Info Screen

EPG Screen

Download

Note: Don't hate me on the episode choice. I know it's a bad one! Tongue

- mwkurt - 2011-02-26

jtucker1972 Wrote:Here is the easiest way to do it.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>All Comedy Except Chuck - et.al.</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">Comedy</rule>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="isnot">Chuck</rule>
    <limit>50</limit>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

jtucker1972,

Was this aimed at me and the question I asked earlier regarding serialized tv shows? I don't see how this would play random episodes in their correct aired order. Is that was this playlist would do?

By the way...those screenshots of your settings pages look awesome!

Thanks,
Mark