Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] PseudoTV Addon: Virtual EPG and TV Channel Surfing Script (/showthread.php?tid=90738)

- zepfan - 2011-02-27

danz0l Wrote:Hmmmmmmmmm i cant take a screenshot as my xbmc is a linux box and i have no clue how LOL

Heres the logo i'm using though

It should be in the applications window, but no big deal. I like that I may steal it!

- zepfan - 2011-02-27

Transparency is done, let me know what you think. Any other requests? I did night, aeon nox, aeon mq2, alaska (being updated), and Cirrus extended (being updated).

Info

EPG

Download
Here

- danz0l - 2011-02-27

zepfan Wrote:It should be in the applications window, but no big deal. I like that I may steal it!

Ah my linux xbmc is keyboardless Smile i only ever configure through a putty shell Smile

- mwkurt - 2011-02-27

zepfan Wrote:Transparency is done, let me know what you think. Any other requests? I did night, aeon nox, aeon mq2, alaska (being updated), and Cirrus extended (being updated).

Info

EPG

Download
Here

Hey Zepfan,

If I am running !T with PseudoTV already installed and I prefer to use this version especially for !T, how do I install it? Do I just put the media files in the media folder and the Script files in the 720p folder? Do I uninstall first.
Please help.

Looks good by the way!

Thanks,
Mark

- zepfan - 2011-02-27

mwkurt Wrote:Hey Zepfan,

If I am running !T with PseudoTV already installed and I prefer to use this version especially for !T, how do I install it? Do I just put the media files in the media folder and the Script files in the 720p folder? Do I uninstall first.
Please help.

Looks good by the way!

Thanks,
Mark
Un zip, add the newly unzipped skin.Trans... whole folder to /addons/script.PseudoTV/resources/skins. Then relaunch xbmc, and it should work.

- Jason102 - 2011-02-27

Stable-pre now has the confluence skin as well as the channel icon overlay. Both of these are thanks to Sranshaft.

- jtucker1972 - 2011-02-28

danz0l Wrote:I just read what i put and its not entirely clear what I mean so heres another attempt.

Say i have 6 TV shows and limit to 1 episode from each. The TV shows run for approx 60 minutes each, so thats a theoretical 6 hours. Now say i run PseudoTV at 4pm, at 10 is the entire channel going to loop ? So taking my mixed playlists for startrek

StarTrek TV

StarTrek Movies

My Mixed play list currently stands at

So on the assumption of 60 minutes per show, and obviously 90 minutes + per film, should i be limiting to 25 ?

Something like

Having Pseudo TV update every day ? And do i put the limit in the mixed or individual playlists ?

There's no limit on the number of times you repeat the sequence in the mixed playlist to get your final number of items. If your other channels have 25 episodes, then I would repeat the six shows 4 times in the playlist. It will give you 24 total items in your Channel.

Star Trek
Star Trek The Next Generation
Star Trek DS9
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Enterprise
Star Trek Movie
Star Trek
Star Trek DS9
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Enterprise
Star Trek Movie
etc.

Every time the Channel is refreshed, it will pull 24 different episodes. If you don't want to see previously watched episodes then you would add an extra rule (playcount is 0) to the single episode playlists so it only returns unwatched episodes. Then if you order by firstaired, you should get the next episode in the series.

- Jason102 - 2011-02-28

Added the transparency skin (thanks to zepfan), channel icons for nearly all preset channels (thanks to jtucker1972), and a few bug fixes. I'm calling this RC1. If nothing is found in a day or two, it's going into the official repo.

- zepfan - 2011-02-28

Jason102 Wrote:Added the transparency skin (thanks to zepfan), channel icons for nearly all preset channels (thanks to jtucker1972), and a few bug fixes. I'm calling this RC1. If nothing is found in a day or two, it's going into the official repo.

Jason did you make any changes to my skin? I don't mind I just noticed the EPG time bar is a little off. Not a big deal, if you didn't i'll send you an epg.xml to replace if you don't mind.
EDIT: Never mind, I pasted in the wrong epg xml to my folder!

- Jason102 - 2011-02-28

Nope, I didn't mess with it. It's possible I just downloaded a version that wasn't the newest. Go ahead and send an updated XML and I'll add it in.

- zepfan - 2011-02-28

I made a mistake, sorry! Any other skin requests you'd like Jason? I've still got a lot of free time!
EDIT: I tested out the new pre-stable. I noticed that the time bar on the default skin is a little low, and can get in the way of text (maybe?) It might be intentional, but it's just something I've noticed.

- Jason102 - 2011-02-28

I believe this is the intended style for the default skin...perhaps Sranshaft can confirm. The only other one that I'd care to have at the moment is Alaska, since it seems to be one of the more popular skins.

- danz0l - 2011-02-28

jtucker1972 Wrote:There's no limit on the number of times you repeat the sequence in the mixed playlist to get your final number of items. If your other channels have 25 episodes, then I would repeat the six shows 4 times in the playlist. It will give you 24 total items in your Channel.

Star Trek
Star Trek DS9
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Enterprise
Star Trek Movie
Star Trek
Star Trek DS9
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Enterprise
Star Trek Movie
etc.

Every time the Channel is refreshed, it will pull 24 different episodes. If you don't want to see previously watched episodes then you would add an extra rule (playcount is 0) to the single episode playlists so it only returns unwatched episodes. Then if you order by firstaired, you should get the next episode in the series.

Ah i hadnt thought of this and great idea on playcount Smile

Would i still then put a limit on say

<limit>25</limit> ?

- Sranshaft - 2011-02-28

Jason102 Wrote:I believe this is the intended style for the default skin...perhaps Sranshaft can confirm.

Yeah, that's intended.

- Abe Froman - 2011-02-28

zepfan Wrote:Transparency is done, let me know what you think. Any other requests? I did night, aeon nox, aeon mq2, alaska (being updated), and Cirrus extended (being updated).

That looks really nice. Love how it has the channel numbers on the left of the EPG. Any chance of adding the channel numbers to confluence EPG? Also maybe all skins should have the clock showing?